Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:52:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can too many Altcoin's can become a threat to bitcoin's existence  (Read 2571 times)
wolfdragon

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:59:54 AM

This will not happen. Bitcoin is too big and it will not be able to crash just because more and more Altcoin coins are available. On the contrary, Altcoin coins are based on the value of Bitcoin, so it is dependent and can make Bitcoin is becoming more and more powerful.

Yes, this will never happen because nothing can beat bitcoin and bitcoin is the basis of the price of all the markets. Altcoins will never replace bitcoin.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:13:22 AM

no alts increasing will dilute alts to death so they will all vanish bar a few
the rest of the fanfare and hype they have created will flow back to btc as you are seeing now.

the wave of people that got burned hard and have fled back to cash will return and stick to just btc in future

BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 03:38:39 AM

no alts increasing will dilute alts to death so they will all vanish bar a few
the rest of the fanfare and hype they have created will flow back to btc as you are seeing now.

the wave of people that got burned hard and have fled back to cash will return and stick to just btc in future
I don't think like that. even I think that the more altcoins, the more it will strengthen bitcoin. well, we've seen how bitcoin has become very high because of altcoins. I am sure, when the development of altcoin is done quickly, so is bitcoin.
Qurelal

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:35:17 AM

Altcoins are a threat to bitcoin and a joy to us. A new altcoin can be more modern and faster. Bitcoin was a pioneer but his time is already passing. It's too outdated.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:45:59 PM

Altcoins are a threat to bitcoin and a joy to us. A new altcoin can be more modern and faster. Bitcoin was a pioneer but his time is already passing. It's too outdated.

Wrong - alts are mostly snake oil pretending to work on solving and insoluble problem with todays available hardware and networks

all these 2.0 3.0 10.0 are sacrificing the important things to get fake gainzzz

there are a few good alths with specific use cases butt hey do not improve apons bitcoins design really they are just more specific in their target user bases

gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:59:55 PM

in my opinion it will not affect bitcoin, as much as any altcoin that appears, it will not reduce people's interest in bitcoin, indeed lately there are some altcoins that are in great demand because of good prices and cheaper transaction costs, but the first is not maybe replaced easily, I see bitcoin is still existent, especially towards the end of this year many people are curious about whether there will be another bubble, everyone is looking forward to it, hoping that good predictions will come true

No one of the existing altcoins can ever affect Bitcoin. The tokens have their own life but they all also depend on BTC. Suppose, many of them will vanish in 2-3 years.
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 06:49:37 PM

I think Altcoin is not a threat to Bitcoin, it is precisely Altcoin that makes Bitcoin increasingly known because before Altcoin was launched they made an ICO, and the ICO certainly used social media as a tool for promotion, and besides, the current price of Bitcoin will not be defeated by Altcoin.

ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:58:06 PM

Most of this ICO projects are there to be traded not actually to be used, as it's meant to be. Still, BTC and ETH which are the common cryptos are mostly and will be, accepted in the near future because of its stability, strength, popularity, and long history.

I don't see alts replacing bitcoin anytime soon.
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:11:55 PM

Yes, that's right . There are now many altcoin in the market. Some altcoins are lined up on the floor and some altcoin is not appreciated. There are many altcoins that cause the market to be diluted. This also affects bitcoin because there are many fraudulent ICO projects. This problem brings a lot of negative issues for bitcoin.

doanlang

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:48:25 PM

In my opinion, Altcoins will have its own development. There are also some Altcoins based on the Bitcoin platform but it can not affect Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin has its strength and own trend that make people always want it.
evichi

Activity: 1176
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:05:44 PM

To many altcoins are rather a threat to themselves. The gap between bitcoin and the altcoins is such that it will takes many years for any altcoin to get closer to bitcoin. The marketcap (coinmarketcap) is a clear evidence. What should rather concern us is the altcoins are rather competing among themselves and as such making themselves much more worthless except the very few that have distinguished themselves as well new ones that are strong. Therefore, the numerous altcoins, in my opinion, is not a threat to bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:48:59 AM

Yes it is threatening the bitcoins value.
There is possibility of bitcoins become useless . Because of so many altcoins the we can use instead of bitcoin and more affordable than BTC .
I do not think so. The huge number of different cheap tokens is the proof that no one of them can ever replace Bitcoin. They are not a threat for the cryptocurrency #1.
DPrillio

Activity: 693

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:27:14 PM

Yes it is threatening the bitcoins value.
There is possibility of bitcoins become useless . Because of so many altcoins the we can use instead of bitcoin and more affordable than BTC .
I do not think so. The huge number of different cheap tokens is the proof that no one of them can ever replace Bitcoin. They are not a threat for the cryptocurrency #1.
Yes, because bitcoin is the foundation of all the coin in crypto market and since it is the first most accepted coin in crypto market and until now its popularity are continually spreading world wide, its true that there are a lot of new born coin but still they can't beat bitcoin, by the value alone they have no match to bitcoin.

pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:50:39 PM

More and more ICO projects are coming based on many major currencies and specially in this year the trend increased rapidly with many reputed organizations that are in various industries and trades decided to start there own digital currency to make there business more effective and efficient in order to gain more profit.
    Can these new launching Altcoin's make a negative impact on bitcoin's expansion in the future because we all know in order to increase the demand, usability and accessibility of bitcoin it should be widely use in most business areas but if Altcoin's take these opportunities how it can achieve its vision to become a widely used digital currency

I don't think so mate, in fact, some altcoins or majority of them I think in my perception bitcoin is there reference in some other ways. It shows only that the system of bitcoin has a big impact into business industry, especially in the blockchain technology. Though, we all know that Bitcoin is the Father or mother of crypto currency, so meaning none of the crypto's don't have a capacity in our time to surpass it.
smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:53:12 PM

More and more ICO projects are coming based on many major currencies and specially in this year the trend increased rapidly with many reputed organizations that are in various industries and trades decided to start there own digital currency to make there business more effective and efficient in order to gain more profit.
    Can these new launching Altcoin's make a negative impact on bitcoin's expansion in the future because we all know in order to increase the demand, usability and accessibility of bitcoin it should be widely use in most business areas but if Altcoin's take these opportunities how it can achieve its vision to become a widely used digital currency

I think altcoins can do no harm to bitcoin because the value of bitcoin is very far from the altcoin even the top 2 in the market cap would have a hard time to reach the value of bitcoin. Maybe in the future there could be altcoin can replace bitcoin but definitely it would take so many years before it would happen.

Desmond1656789

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:00:23 PM

I think altcoins can do no harm to bitcoin because the value of bitcoin is very far from the altcoin even the top 2 in the market cap would have a hard time to reach the value of bitcoin. Maybe in the future there could be altcoin can replace bitcoin but definitely it would take so many years before it would happen.
I agree with you. Bitcoin today has a very large audience and a very large capital. Altcoin needs a lot of time to achieve this level. But I think that if Altco reaches Bitcoin, he will not remove him from the market.
HanaBin

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:11:13 PM

There is more and more kind of altcoin in the market , it can decrease the marketshare of bitcoin, but I ave strong belief that bitcoin play an important role and have huge impact on coin digital
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:27:54 PM

in the decentralised economy there is no limit or control for creating altcoins there can we any number of altcoins but still bitcoin is unaffected in near future we can see strong bitcoin like before
dianepot

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:36:58 PM

Even the most potential ICO's cant beat bitcoin. Bitcoin is the beginning of everything. Just like the scenario as of this time, when bitcoin dips, altcoins does also. Bitcoin really affects any othe altcoins. So if there is no bitcoin, there will be no altcoins too. Wink
Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:56:50 PM

I dont see it happening,that too many altcoins endanger Bitcoin.On the contrary,most of the altcoins and thier projects will die,as most of them money grabs,and have no practical use or reason to exist.

On the other hand,too many altocins can endanger good ICO projects,simply because too many projects,and investor are too deluted over so many different projects,ao i think thats the bigger danger,but that will be sorted too i think.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: