Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 05:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anonymity the future for bitcoin???  (Read 1076 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:55:10 AM

I love the transparency of Blockchain.  Some companies are taking advantage of this very important feature unfortunately . I wish it was possible to have transparent Blockchain with very anonymized transactions... It should be the kind of anonymity that is difficult or impossible to deanonymize.

I don't really like the idea of total anonymity. The Community and the World should be able to monitor all Blockchains and their activities without necessarily knowing the true identity of the users.  However things don't work this way in real World where total privacy of asset/currency is possible.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:06:36 AM

In my own opinion Bitcoin will not touch the anonymity part of it. This is true because decentralization is the fundamental aspect of bitcoin and soul of the concept. Governments and  her regulations agents are pressing for bitcoin to centralized which is the major reason for these attack since bitcoin refuse to bulge. If you remove anonymity on bitcoin then there will be nothing like bitcoin again. Bitcoin is attractive because of its anonymity and decentralization. Once it is centralized now it will be difficult to reach the poor again. It will just become the elites business.
Gary Levanevskii

Activity: 686
Merit: 227

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:09:45 PM

I think in the future anonymous cryptocurrencies will be very popular. Perhaps Bitcoin will also improve in this direction. Centralized exchanges will require a pass KYC  and from this anonymous crypto-currency users will be less anonymous.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:48:35 AM

As we can see each and every transaction for bitcoin is publicly registered to the blockchain where in all of us have access, so I am just thinking if anonymity or providing privacy will be the next move for bitcoin. Just my thoughts, you can add yours here and let's discuss it.

Im afraid anonymity is not the future of bitcoin because any peoples can trace where bitcoin goes.
Different with other cryptocurrency such as Monero, you cannot freely trace where the coins go.
But currently, there are some bitcoin mixers which able to mix the address of bitcoin receiver or sender if im not wrong.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hudadahuda2018

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:12:33 AM

As we can see each and every transaction for bitcoin is publicly registered to the blockchain where in all of us have access, so I am just thinking if anonymity or providing privacy will be the next move for bitcoin. Just my thoughts, you can add yours here and let's discuss it.
Very good thinking and I agree if we discuss to get a good step.
The next possible step for Bitcoin is Schnorr's signature which may indeed add more privacy so that everything is focused on bitcoin. Unfortunately I don't really know more details and I haven't found it yet, it's easy to read and understand and still with all the information because I'm still just starting to step up.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:38:31 AM

maybe this is one reason, why bitcoin cannot be received in all countries of the world. bitcoin anonymity is a positive and also negative characteristic. This aims to protect personal data on someone. but in illegal transactions, this is not very good. because the police cannot track it. if the next step is to open anonymity, I think all countries will start making studies on bitcoin.
Royal Jelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

ECOSTART

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:11:21 AM

It seems that it is no longer anonymous, bitcoin is gone or discarded can be tracked, so this is not for the future anymore.
Everyone who throws crypto can be tracked so that this doesn't seem to be arbitrary, even though most of them want their investments to be exchanged to have more functions.

E C O S T A R T | WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET
https://eco-start.com/
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:25:37 AM

It seems that it is no longer anonymous, bitcoin is gone or discarded can be tracked, so this is not for the future anymore.
Everyone who throws crypto can be tracked so that this doesn't seem to be arbitrary, even though most of them want their investments to be exchanged to have more functions.

how anonymous bitcoin is has not changed compared to day 1. it is still the same as it has always been. pseduanonymous! in other words bitcoin is not completely anonymous but if anything it is more anonymous now that it was before since now there are more people using it and there are lots of transactions happening compared to before being 1 transaction and small number of users Cheesy

Only Bitcoin
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1347

BUY BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 06:38:27 AM

For me YES. Because there is no single people owned Bitcoin. Bitcoin is fully decentralized, that is the very special feature of Bitcoin, which I really really admire it. Anonymous transactions, not like using Bank which is really really risky to store our money in the banks.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:49:43 AM

yes, anonymity is the main basis of blockchain technology, and decentralized that creates anonymity, is hard to hack, difficult to calculate, because it has many different hashes, millions of blocks. but the transaction is transparent. can be known and can be previewed.
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:10:21 AM

I think in the future it will further increase anonymity and privacy. everything we manage looks at blockchain. and what I manage like shopping and others they don't know who we are. although either the government that has adopted will agree or not.
kiemponxs

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:36:25 AM

bitcoin must be anonymous, because bitcoin is very profitable and is a very valuable asset, if bitcoin is not anonymous there will be many hackers who succeed in getting bitcoin from someone else, so in my opinion anonymity is needed by bitcoin.

Panasony

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:43:12 AM

Due to the anonymity of bitcoin and uncontrolled crime, criminals can use this currency as a trading method. Hackers may be trying to attack multiple bitcoins to steal large amounts of money and money laundering can happen easily.
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:48:11 AM

Anonymity and decentralized nature is one of the features of Bitcoin, but it isn't the only thing why people have adopted it. The technology behind it and the utility are two other factors that have been a major influence on the people.
Now we see even the banks have started to accept blockchain and soon other industries will follow.
Dany.dan

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:49:48 AM

Anonymity will create a trust deficit in Bitcoin as a viable investment option and a value storing digital currency. ... This is why people have trust in Bitcoin. We all know that Bitcoin is based on the highly secured, sophisticated and advanced Blockchain Technology.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:58:49 AM

It's not completely anonymous but the idea for other privacy coins came from bitcoin.

maybe this is one reason, why bitcoin cannot be received in all countries of the world. bitcoin anonymity is a positive and also negative characteristic. This aims to protect personal data on someone. but in illegal transactions, this is not very good. because the police cannot track it. if the next step is to open anonymity, I think all countries will start making studies on bitcoin.
That's the reason why countries don't want to have intervention with bitcoin because of the possible use of it for the belief of anonymity that it can be done through unusual transactions.

However, they don't realize that fiat money was the most used medium for those type of transactions. Bitcoin is on the mainstream so regardless what we are pointing out its going to the peak of its adoption.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:26:36 PM

of course anonymity is the application of bitcoin which aims to minimize the crime rate that facilitates the existence of bitcoin for negative purposes. with anonymity, of course, every transaction activity using bitcoin will be registered in the blockchain system.
ghosong

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:39:13 PM

No need to increase anonymity to make Bitcoin superior in the future because we can use bitcoin mixers that make bitcoin difficult to trace. but this has become a boomerang for Bitcoin, because its anonymity makes Bitcoin considered a threat by some countries because they think Bitcon is very supportive in illegal transactions such as money laundering and terrorist financing. bitcoin requires more stores to accept Bitcoin as a transaction tool so that in the future adoption of Bitcoin will increase.
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:53:23 PM

bitcoin are anonymous already and the best part it all we can see the transactions. you might see the address but you will never know who is the owner of the account. what im hoping is make the fees more cheaper and fast transaction. because of the anonymity make bitcoin are being hated by some countries out there.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:58:00 PM

The anonymity is still there. Well, that's what I'd say if I'm asked. It's been there ever since Bitcoin,s inception and it's still around. I do say so because even though the blockchain publicly registers transactions and related activities, it however does not give the identity of the owner of the address and so the anonymity sense still lives. However, to get your money back in Fiat may require you to disclose your identity depending on the medium you'll use, and probably your jurisdiction.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: