Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:46:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FOR SALE - D750 750W Server PSU Breakout Boards  (Read 47357 times)
mystix

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:56:51 PM

I bought 2 on thur/fri. Cant wait for them to come in so I can finish my rigs! Currently running with a group of cobbled together ATXs, and this will be vastly superior.
mystix

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:52:47 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 02:08:58 AM by mystix

Mine came in today. Wow that was fast. Thank you! High quality stuff, well packed.

Wanted to tell Sidehack that one of the reasons for my ordering was the 'made in usa' commitment mentioned earlier in the other thread. Thank you for that.

Lastly... So ah.. any documentation? I went back through all the side-hack posts and so no explicit mention of any, and checked the website as well. I did see the line drawing for dimensions, but nothing electrical. Was hoping for a diagram of what pin is what at least. Im competant enough to make use of all the functionality described, but not completely comfortable just figuring it out from scratch if its not necessary.

Thanks!

Edit:

Ok I did now notice that partially obscured under the pin connector are tiny little letters indicating what the pins do. A diagram about the blue switch box, the potentiometer, and the pins would be nicer to have though.

What I can make out is this
GND COM GND xxx xxx xxx SHR? xxx EON POK
                                           FAN
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:59:20 AM

The board's official product page (http://www.gekkoscience.com/products/D750_supply_breakout_board.html) has a link to the V0.4 board manual.

Or, you know, http://www.gekkoscience.com/misc/V0.4_Board_Doc.pdf

Which every shipment was supposed to have a printout included in the box, but my packing guy has not been very impressive lately.

Also, the V0.5 boards which we'll probably start shipping next week sometime have much more visible pin labels, as well as a few other minor changes. We'll have an updated documentation available before its release.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
mystix

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:45:08 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 03:57:39 PM by mystix

Wow I looked at that page so many times, and totally missed that link. Thank you for posting it. Exactly what i was looking for.

Edit: after noting that the link was added per the note below.

Even better!
I was kinda worried about my having missed that so often.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:47:07 PM

Well the link was just put there yesterday evening. The web guy is sneaky like that... I guess?

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 10:52:33 PM

Also if you email asking for stuff, go ahead and tell us where you are (country and whatnot) because we can't invoice you an amount without verifying the shipping.

As of now we have around two dozen boards left in stock, and once they're gone it'll be next week sometime before we have more.

I'm going to spend time this week hopefully finishing up and ironing out details for DPS-2000BB and DPS-800GBA boards. I've had a lot of interest in DPS-2000BB boards lately so that's high priority. DPS-800GBA boards I could basically finish now, if we didn't want to implement load-balancing, but that's a totally handy feature.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:55:41 PM

You stated that these can provide 5v and 3.3v, so does that mean they can be used to power a motherboard without needing a separate ATX PSU? If I know how to solder in the 24-pin cable, is this possible with this PSU? Where can I solder in the 5v and 3.3v lines?

Lastly, you said these can be combined for redundancy. Is there a way to use only 1 breakout board for two of these 750w PSU for a combined 1500w? For example, connect this breakout board to one of the PSU, then solder wires from the panel of the 2nd PSU onto the breakout board. Possible?

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:08:07 PM

Anything is possible, sure, but none of what you just said is recommended. The boards' 3.3V and 5V lines are auxilary, rated for 2A, so if you can guarantee your ATX supply will pull less than 2A you might not smoke something. The aux power lines are there to power external controllers for handling multiple supplies, or things like Raspberry PI that are packaged with some miners.

The board is built to work with one power supply. There are probably ways to use only 1 breakout board for two supplies, but that defeats the purpose of the breakout board, probably won't be terribly safe or terribly reliable, and soldering stuff to the board will probably void any implied or actual warranties.

h@shKraker

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:38:16 AM

All,

Received my boards and wiring today.  The build quality is top grade.  I plan to plug up these babies tonight an make some heat.

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:48:42 AM

Good to hear, sir. Thanks, until my minions are fully trained on acceptable standards I've been going over every board for mechanical, functional and cosmetic to make sure everything was top-notch, so I like hearing what you just said.

Also I currently have 5 AntMiner S1 on 400MHz overclock, load-balanced across 3 of these boards with zero issues. Been running about five hours so far. So that's good.

h@shKraker

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:44:50 AM

DO NOT lick the heat sinks!  Shocked

H@shKraker

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:50:57 AM

Good to hear, sir. Thanks, until my minions are fully trained on acceptable standards I've been going over every board for mechanical, functional and cosmetic to make sure everything was top-notch, so I like hearing what you just said.

Also I currently have 5 AntMiner S1 on 400MHz overclock, load-balanced across 3 of these boards with zero issues. Been running about five hours so far. So that's good.

We ran 2 sets of 2 OCed to 400 for 2 weeks on 1 PSU/board without a single issue. Pulling 880w at the wall  @120v
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:58:13 AM

Thanks. You just answered my next question, are these 220 or 110. If I order 3 bundles can you ship to Canada, I want to try chaining 3 to power 5 ants?

How hot do the psu's get? Should I strap fans to them?
wpgdeez

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:09:38 AM

hope you can get some lower prices on the next batch though

We could save on costs by outsourcing manufacture to China, but I'll be in my grave before I give away American jobs. As it is, the price is dictated by the cost of materials and labor. We're looking at ways to alter the board design on a future batch to reduce assembly time and save a bit of materials, but that won't kick in for a while. Quality materials and quality workmanship (at least that's what we're trying to do) are more important to me than most anything else.

I like your attitude! +1

Personally though, I would rather put that money towards an warrantied ATX PSU or spend an hour and $10 of supplies to do some home soldering Wink
I think the price is great for an industrial spec psu and far better than some POS bronze ATX PSU. These are more efficient, extremely cheap to replace and have a much better foot print. Warranty is great until you have to file an RMA claim and be without gear for 4-6 weeks, pack that shit up with every bit and piece it came with and ship it at your expense. After all this hassle is the RMA even worth it! I would rather save the bones, get a better product and hot swap if ever required.

You pay for the cost of that warranty upfront in that ATX PSU. In most cases you wont even use it, I would rather gamble and bite the bullet if I have to. Warranties make the manufacturer money, not you. If the benefit was in favor of the consumer they wouldn't offer it!
h@shKraker

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:22:36 AM

True dat brothah' man!

-H

sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:12:20 AM

We ran 2 sets of 2 OCed to 400 for 2 weeks on 1 PSU/board without a single issue. Pulling 880w at the wall  @120v

Sweet! I estimated a pair of 400MHz Ants would be basically 99% capacity for the supply, so 2 weeks uptime at that load is pretty dern sexy. The only one of these supplies that's laid over on me ran a pair of custom-overclocked Cubes for a week basically with the fan disabled.

Thanks. You just answered my next question, are these 220 or 110. If I order 3 bundles can you ship to Canada, I want to try chaining 3 to power 5 ants?

How hot do the psu's get? Should I strap fans to them?

These will run 100-240VAC
Email sales@gekkoscience for pricing/shipping estimates. 3 in parallel to power 5 Ants works, I'm doing it right now.
The PSUs don't get terribly hot; if they're too warm just turn the fan up. They have internal fans and the board has a speed adjust knob.

wpgdeez

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:20:17 AM

How do you load balance them ? Email sent! Once I get my KNC refund I will be sure to get some more. Really want the 2000 watt beast.
wpgdeez

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:07:08 AM

The board's official product page (http://www.gekkoscience.com/products/D750_supply_breakoutf2f it _board.html) has a link to the V0.4 board manual.

Or, you know, http://www.gekkoscience.com/misc/V0.4_Board_Doc.pdf

Which every shipment was supposed to have a printout included in the box, but my packing guy has not been very impressive lately.

Also, the V0.5 boards which we'll probably start shipping next week sometime have much more visible pin labels, as well as a few other minor changes. We'll have an updated documentation available before its release.
Just checked out the link and am still a little unclear on the wiring. When connecting 12v and gnd do you need to bridge all 8 connections between the 2 psu's? Then do you fit the pci-e cables into the same terminal blocks.

If someone could post an actual picture it would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to figure out how to link 3.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:38:45 AM

Very cool thing you got working there. The Dell PSUs are cheap. however the PSUs can be noisy  Undecided

Will probably be getting my hands on some of thees

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 09:53:13 AM

sidehack, I PM and emailed you to buy, but no response yet  Sad

Just checked out the link and am still a little unclear on the wiring. When connecting 12v and gnd do you need to bridge all 8 connections between the 2 psu's? Then do you fit the pci-e cables into the same terminal blocks.

If someone could post an actual picture it would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to figure out how to link 3.

I think this should be how you connect two together for load balancing or simultaneous start up (I'm sure sidehack correct me if I'm wrong):

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: