Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:48:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safety of your private key  (Read 17665 times)
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:07:15 AM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important
 This is for new guys like me
You can also encrypt your private key or passphrase using your own develop encryption for better security and put your private key or passphrase in a secure place. Even if someone will find it, you are still safe from thief or hacker. Just be sure to tell no one how to encrypt your private key or passphase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:13:06 AM

The best way to protect your wallet is to buy Trezor or Ledger Nano, but unfortunately I realized it too late after I had been hacked, remember when the HOLA app stole many secret passwords from many...
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:14:38 AM

Well your wallet is where you keep your coin safe and it always important to protect it
 One of the best way is to protect your private key never give it out to any one even if it's your mentor that is very important

In general, it is better that no one would call that you have any key at all. This is simply not their business. I do not announce it. I carefully check all the papers on my desk, so as not to make a note anywhere. It is very important. Since all your work and savings can fly into the tube.

babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:18:16 AM

Safety of your privatekey is squarly  in your hands! Yiu must guard it with outmost care or you may find out that your wallet is emptied of it's fund! One way of keeping your private key is never to keep it online!
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:21:51 AM

It is important that we'll have our private keys safe because the security of our earnings rely in it. There should only be at least one person who knows our orivate keys aside from us to make sure that it is far from being hacked. We should just entrust it to a trusted person.
danfred

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:23:58 AM

If we are talkign about security, you shoudl also remember the need to check information about the ICO before the investing, because there are too much fakes.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

Perfect.

You don't have to give your private key even to your mentor. If your wallet has funds then don't just simply give it to anyone and trust them with your money that's not how you keep your private keys safe. You have trust to him because he taught you? no that's not enough, your money is your money and you have to keep it.

Most of people say beware of phishing but phishing is a large area to be discussed and it includes lots of other security things that a person should now.
First of all we should have a clean PC with no keylogger or any other software that can steal the clipboard (the place where copy-paste is stored)
Secondly use wallets as much as offline and use trusted websites if you choose online wallets or so.

This is very vital, using PC's with no keylogger or software that enables stealing the clipboard where copy-paste function is stored on the PC is one vital safety precaution that a lot of people tend to ignore. Is there a way to find out and even purge the PC of this malware please?
Milka86

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 12:06:28 PM

The main and Golden rule of saving your coins on the wallet, it is never to tell anyone your password . And try to keep the coins on the wallet that you do not specify anywhere in the companies and projects of generosity. It's called a cold wallet.
starplaks

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 01:03:23 PM

It is fair.  If you don’t want any unauthorized movements from your wallet, then you don’t need to trust your key to anyone!
ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:47:35 AM

New guys like you may read a lot of tutorials that is written especially for them. As for me, creation of such topics does not have sence, because it will be lost too fast.
arditiyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:48:43 AM

privatekey and keystone are the two most vital items that we must maintain their security, because that is access to enter the wallet where our access is

siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:54:22 AM

This is the most important thing, to keep all your private keys safe. It happened to a lot of our community members, that they keys were stolen or they just forgot their phrases to restore the wallet. Just be more careful with such important docs as your private key.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:14:28 AM

All the official application for mobile phone could be found in App Store or Google Play. When somebody tries to convince to download file, it is a trap.
You should even always be careful what you want to download in this day and age, and as long as you are not sure of the source of such applications, it is always better you go for what every other person is going for.

Generally, the safety of something is dependent on your approach to the security of that thing, and as long as you are not able to get what you have secured enough, then that is going to be a very huge problem most of the time. Just ascertain most of the time, where you are storing or entering your private key, because once it falls in the wrong hands, you are done.
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:29:56 AM

there are so many new traders or new bounty hunters who do not have such knowledge and do not know the difference between genuine and fake website links, sometimes they are fooled by pressing the link button provided, so many who are victims are new people who do not have much experience to secure their private key.
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:32:57 AM

Yes, the safest way to store a private key is to write it down on paper or print it out and put it in a safe. Then, without a great need not to go to that wallet. Also check the computer or device from which you go to the Internet for viruses. And finally, turn on 2fa.
oioi

Activity: 355

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:40:10 AM

as much as possible you keep hidden from anyone, because if your wallet key is
owned by someone else, metamask cannot block it, we will definitely lose all
our assets, never trust anyone about your wallet's private key.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

If you are new in the cryptocurrencies, please be careful about the phishing mail, they like to say your wallet have the potential hacked by someone, you need to login and change your password, if you entry any password in this page, you will lost your wallet forever.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:53:18 AM

So many ways that your account or wallet can be stolen , you always need to stay away from email or site by someone you don't know even the one you know and keep your private key both in soft and hard way to secure it and never let anyone know where it is stored or kept for safety reason .

irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:57:17 AM

The best way to protect your wallet is to buy Trezor or Ledger Nano, but unfortunately I realized it too late after I had been hacked, remember when the HOLA app stole many secret passwords from many...
Ye, and I was attacked when using hola. It stole my Key and moved all the ETH and the tokens I had hold there, It is best not to use any software because it is very dangerous and can steal user information anytime

ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:09:13 PM

I think the key is always the most important thing to protect your wallet, you can not give to anyone. Although the security of the wallet is so high, you still have the potential to lose money because the hackers should always pay attention to your wallet and protect it as your personal information. sorry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: