Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **Breaking news** Satoshi Nakamotos identity revealed  (Read 77422 times)
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:02:25 PM

I feel sorry for the guy now that his identity has been revealed. He looks like a humble, down to earth guy who just wants to be left alone.

He'll probably feel better after he gets that huge BTC donation that's incoming.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:14:17 PM

I feel sorry for the guy now that his identity has been revealed. He looks like a humble, down to earth guy who just wants to be left alone.

He'll probably feel better after he gets that huge BTC donation that's incoming.  Grin

Only 38 btc on this address: https://blockchain.info/address/1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX

Not exactly "huge" at this point, compared to how much of an imposition into this guy's life this has been.

rohan1

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

don't believe this guy is the founder of btc.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:19:10 PM

don't believe this guy is the founder of btc.

You probably think the sky is green.

Horses in midstream.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:28:00 PM

Horrible article, just throws speculations out as facts. Also, a picture of his house? Are they ******** serious?
If this is just an ordinary person ( which it probably is ) they owe him big time.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
bitvestor

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:28:40 PM

If you don't like my lyrics, you can press fast forward!
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

Suppose Dorian is the real Satoshi, and wants to direct attention away from himself. What will he do?

He'll post a message from a known Satoshi account, saying "I am not Dorian Nakamoto."

Think about that for a while

Suppose Dorian is not the real Satoshi. The real one wants to clear his name and posts from his account 'I am not Dorian Nakamoto.'
Think of that with your under the average IQ.
Leave the old man alone, he's in enough trouble as it is.

Both variants are plausible. I believe the second one. However, I also believe aes1 IQ is above average.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280

time

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

Insulting someones IQ is inseparable from bragging about yours in my mind.

Horses in midstream.
apsvinet

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Suppose Dorian is the real Satoshi, and wants to direct attention away from himself. What will he do?

He'll post a message from a known Satoshi account, saying "I am not Dorian Nakamoto."

Think about that for a while

Suppose Dorian is not the real Satoshi. The real one wants to clear his name and posts from his account 'I am not Dorian Nakamoto.'
Think of that with your under the average IQ.
Leave the old man alone, he's in enough trouble as it is.

Both variants are plausible. I believe the second one. However, I also believe aes1 IQ is above average.
You're all implying the real Satoshi is either a bad liar, stupid, or wants to be caught. Why would he behave this obvious, using his real name, denying his identity, etc? He probably just want's to clear this guy's name before some lunatic attempts to murder him.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:26:25 PM

I'm not done yet. There's this guy named Tribbles on some Star Trek forum, also Powered by SMF--like this one--who just so happened to post a pic gleaned from the imposter Satoshi's PhotoBucket of train #2427, the last year Captain Sisko was in Roswell, NM, on the exact same date (maybe within minutes of one another, depending on local times) that the Real Satoshi mined the Genesis Block.

Phinnaeus, here's something for you much more interesting than time coincidence:
There's an interesting story on HN https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7354326

The shop's address was 1KfQKmME7bQm5AesPiizWk6h3JPUekwoBC, confirmed here
https://twitter.com/Ocrepes/status/83671795693133824
and here
http://o-crepes.com/
(small print at the bottom of the page).

The amount of the first transaction 2.2 BTC responds nicely with two crepes and the lemonade if one crepe was 1 BTC. The transaction id is:
https://blockchain.info/tx/1f78360b9a0c2c08e298f4e995a66f037b0933008710d8912e2f7076f27a4131

Can this be traced in any way to real Satoshi's coins?
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:29:05 PM

Insulting someones IQ is inseparable from bragging about yours in my mind.

That meme should be in the Mark Karpeles thread!
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:48:43 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zx9zj/arthur_nakamoto_my_brother_dorian_satoshi_nakamoto/

^ Claims to be Dorian's brother. Posted an image of his license as proof. Arthur suggests that Dorian has memory issues and confirms that he suffered a stroke.

Hmm....
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:50:20 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zx9zj/arthur_nakamoto_my_brother_dorian_satoshi_nakamoto/

^ Claims to be Dorian's brother. Posted an image of his license as proof. Arthur suggests that Dorian has memory issues and confirms that he suffered a stroke.

Hmm....

Even if that is the case, even more reason to leave dude alone. Clearly hes not healthy.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
apsvinet

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:17:26 AM

Hmm....

Even if that is the case, even more reason to leave dude alone. Clearly hes not healthy.
You're absolutely right. Time to let go of those wild speculations and leave the man alone and let him live his life.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:46:07 AM

Hmm....

You're absolutely right. Time to let go of those wild speculations and leave the man alone and let him live his life.

It will blow over and be done within a few weeks.  The current goings on suck and they are regrettable, but a lot worse things have happened to almost every family.  Probably the longest term threat he'll face is Libertarians trying to get him to come to their events and spew some sort of political stuff.

As for the 'asshole' comment, some people would consider it almost a badge of honor in an odd way.  I didn't read Arthur's comments as being offensive or insensitive.  I read them as probably a statement of fact or possibly part of a scheme to get people off his back.  Dorian well may be an asshole.  Lots of people are and the cool thing about humanity is that there are all kinds of people.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:49:10 AM

Just leave poor old Dorian alone!
apsvinet

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:52:24 AM

Hmm....

It will blow over and be done within a few weeks.  The current goings on suck and they are regrettable, but a lot worse things have happened to almost every family.  Probably the longest term threat he'll face is Libertarians trying to get him to come to their events and spew some sort of political stuff.

As for the 'asshole' comment, some people would consider it almost a badge of honor in an odd way.  I didn't read Arthur's comments as being offensive or insensitive.  I read them as probably a statement of fact or possibly part of a scheme to get people off his back.  Dorian well may be an asshole.  Lots of people are and the cool thing about humanity is that there are all kinds of people.

Whoever wrote the article and whoever published it, in fact everyone
involved with the publishing of the article about Satoshi's real identity
owes this guy a huge fat apology and something to compensate.
This could've gotten way further out of hand than it did, and it's not ok.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:32:37 AM

I disagree.  The lady was for the most part doing her job.  Reporters cannot ignore interesting stories simply because of the possibility of uncomfortable and in some cases dangerous fallout.  She could have done her job better, but she could have done it a lot worse as well.  As far as I am concerned she doesn't have much more to apologize for than Satoshi (whether Dorian or not) has to the guy who thinks that Silk Road killed his drug addict brother (read, nothing.)  Shit happens.  Satoshi wrote a whitepaper and open-sourced some pretty powerful code with some intent to change the world.  He had to have been aware from day one that there would likely be some blow-back.

Another point is that it is better for this story to just get put out there than it would be for some private investigator working for some criminal element to arrive at the same conclusion.  The guy and his family are better off with things somewhat out in the open as I see it.  If he seems un-interesting to most people than, like I say, things will die down pretty quickly and he'll be more or less forgotten about which, so it seems, is exactly what he wants.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:39:34 AM

I'm not done yet. There's this guy named Tribbles on some Star Trek forum, also Powered by SMF--like this one--who just so happened to post a pic gleaned from the imposter Satoshi's PhotoBucket of train #2427, the last year Captain Sisko was in Roswell, NM, on the exact same date (maybe within minutes of one another, depending on local times) that the Real Satoshi mined the Genesis Block.

Phinnaeus, here's something for you much more interesting than time coincidence:
There's an interesting story on HN https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7354326

The shop's address was 1KfQKmME7bQm5AesPiizWk6h3JPUekwoBC, confirmed here
https://twitter.com/Ocrepes/status/83671795693133824
and here
http://o-crepes.com/
(small print at the bottom of the page).

The amount of the first transaction 2.2 BTC responds nicely with two crepes and the lemonade if one crepe was 1 BTC. The transaction id is:
https://blockchain.info/tx/1f78360b9a0c2c08e298f4e995a66f037b0933008710d8912e2f7076f27a4131

Can this be traced in any way to real Satoshi's coins?
Retracing some of the coins, they appear to come from a big fat wallet, likely belonging to MtGox. Might be that Satoshi purchased BTC from MtGox to avoid spending his own and revealing his identity, meaning Satoshi was a user at MtGox at the time.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
apsvinet

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:40:21 AM

I disagree.  The lady was for the most part doing her job.  Reporters cannot ignore interesting stories simply because of the possibility of uncomfortable and in some cases dangerous fallout.  She could have done her job better, but she could have done it a lot worse as well.  As far as I am concerned she doesn't have much more to apologize for than Satoshi (whether Dorian or not) has to the guy who thinks that Silk Road killed his drug addict brother (read, nothing.)  Shit happens.  Satoshi wrote a whitepaper and open-sourced some pretty powerful code with some intent to change the world.  He had to have been aware from day one that there would likely be some blow-back.

Another point is that it is better for this story to just get put out there than it would be for some private investigator working for some criminal element to arrive at the same conclusion.  The guy and his family are better off with things somewhat out in the open as I see it.  If he seems un-interesting to most people than, like I say, things will die down pretty quickly and he'll be more or less forgotten about which, so it seems, is exactly what he wants.

You cannot simply throw out theories and state them as facts in an article, exposing someone and putting their life in danger.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: