Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency  (Read 45033 times)
quser1

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 10:19:43 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2019, 10:29:08 AM by frodocooper

Nope you dont need to do it every day...

Thanks Papampi,
But this was my OP

I am wondering if someone can give me a hand. I am wanting to run my S9 at 681,731,725-8.8,8.9,8.7 from 11am to 10pm, then 793,825,793-8.9,9.0,8.8 from 10pm to 11am. I am not sure how to wright it in corntab. Can someone help me so that I don't mess it up? Thanks in advance. Q

I'm hoping some one can help me type it properly.
I am mainly needing help to figure out how I tell card one to be at 681HZ,8.8V card two to be at 731HZ,8.9v and card 3 to be at 725HZ,8.7V at 11am, etc
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 02:29:19 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 10:27:12 AM by frodocooper

... I'm hoping some one can help me type it properly.
I am mainly needing help to figure out how I tell card one to be at 681HZ,8.8V card two to be at 731HZ,8.9v and card 3 to be at 725HZ,8.7V at 11am, etc
Thanks

Sorry, I cant do that,
But you can post here your edited versions and we will check them for you.

3ehzad

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:54:24 PM

I have 13 devices (S9j) and I changed all 10 of them successfully to Braiins-OS.
The problem is my other 3 devices are not accessible after install! It seems the network cannot give IP address so connect, disconnect every second.

p.s. All 3 devices are new! and bitmain 2019 series, but other 10 devices 2018.
p.s. All 3 devices worked perfectly from SD with Braiins-OS.
p.s. I'm trying to install latest Braiins-OS.
p.s. When I installed to NAND from web interface process completely successful.

Also I did set static IP address and pool settings and then boot from SD (with the same IP I had set up.), then I logged in to web interface and installed it to NAND (System > Install Current System to Device).
The installation process had completely successful (in report log there is no IP shown!)
finally when switch back jumper to NAND and turn on device the problem is still there!

The device fan speedup 5seconds and again slow down. Lan LED light is connecting and disconnecting in every second, so I cannot connect to device from anywhere(web & ssh).

I wrote this information maybe some one knows what must I do?
any help or advice?
thanks
papampi

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 02:04:14 PM

I have 13 devices (S9j) and I changed all 10 of them successfully to Braiins-OS.
The problem is my other 3 devices are not accessible after install! It seems the network cannot give IP address so connect, disconnect every second.

p.s. All 3 devices are new! and bitmain 2019 series, but other 10 devices 2018.
p.s. All 3 devices worked perfectly from SD with Braiins-OS.
p.s. I'm trying to install latest Braiins-OS.
p.s. When I installed to NAND from web interface process completely successful.

Also I did set static IP address and pool settings and then boot from SD (with the same IP I had set up.), then I logged in to web interface and installed it to NAND (System > Install Current System to Device).
The installation process had completely successful (in report log there is no IP shown!)
finally when switch back jumper to NAND and turn on device the problem is still there!

The device fan speedup 5seconds and again slow down. Lan LED light is connecting and disconnecting in every second, so I cannot connect to device from anywhere(web & ssh).

I wrote this information maybe some one knows what must I do?
any help or advice?
thanks

Maybe all the 3 are getting one ip and conflicting.

Get to Recovery Mode by IP SET button - hold it for 3s until green LED flashes.
Connect 1 faulty miner at a time, check your router dhcp status to find the ip, and try to login via web or ssh.

3ehzad

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:12:52 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 10:27:57 AM by frodocooper

Maybe all the 3 are getting one ip and conflicting.

Get to Recovery Mode by IP SET button - hold it for 3s until green LED flashes.
Connect 1 faulty miner at a time, check your router dhcp status to find the ip, and try to login via web or ssh.

Hello and thanks to your reply,

I connected just 1 miner at the same time and conflicting is not possible.
Is IP SET button is same IP REPORTER button? If it is I have no luck to get recovery mode.
and at last no new IP listed in router dhcp list. and scanning network with arp also unsuccessful.

Is this maybe happend beacuse of new antminer s9j frimware?
papampi

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 02:22:50 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 10:28:21 AM by frodocooper

Hello and thanks to your reply,

I connected just 1 miner at the same time and conflicting is not possible.
Is IP SET button is same IP REPORTER button? If it is I have no luck to get recovery mode.
and at last no new IP listed in router dhcp list. and scanning network with arp also unsuccessful.

I have no idea if the latest bitmain firmware can cause this.

Have a look at https://docs.braiins-os.org/
It may help you.

3ehzad

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:26:17 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 10:28:36 AM by frodocooper

If the device cannot get IP address, is there a way to reset factory or access it?

thanks for your time.
papampi

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 02:29:19 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 10:29:50 AM by frodocooper

Have you tried sd-card boot after problem showed up?

From Braiins Docs:

Quote from: Braiins
Recovery Mode
Users don’t typically have to enter recovery mode while using Braiins OS in a standard way. The restore2factory.py downgrade process uses it to restore the original factory firmware from the manufacturer. It can also be useful when repairing/investigating the currently installed system.

The recovery mode can be invoked in different ways:

IP SET button - hold it for 3s until green LED flashes
SD card - first partition with FAT contains file uEnv.txt with a line recovery=yes
miner utility - call miner run_recovery from the miner’s command line

Also:

Quote from: Braiins
Recovering Bricked (Unbootable) Devices Using SD Card
If anything goes wrong and your device seems unbootable, you can use the previously created SD card image to recover original firmware from the manufacturer:

Follow the steps in Creating Bootable SD Card Image to boot the device
Run (on Windows, use python command instead of python3):

Code:
cd braiins-os_am1-s9_ssh_VERSION
python3 restore2factory.py backup/2ce9c4aab53c-2018-09-19/ your-miner-hostname-or-ip

eotrix

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 05:46:22 PM

Hello I have couple of Antminer S9 and some of them have issues time to time. I wanna ask 2 questions here related to Braiins OS.
1- Lets say I have one or more faulty chips in a hashboard(Finds 40 ASIC instead of 63). With Bitmain firmware It wont hash with that hashboard and even the whole device stops hashing. With Braiins OS I will have same issue? Because It would be great if it just continue hashing with 1/2 rate while other 2 hashboards on full power.

2- Is it safe to run braiins OS in long term? Also is it safe to boost like 500 GH/S for each devices(Not much) is safe for long term?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 07:24:41 PM

Hello I have couple of Antminer S9 and some of them have issues time to time. I wanna ask 2 questions here related to Braiins OS.
1- Lets say I have one or more faulty chips in a hashboard(Finds 40 ASIC instead of 63). With Bitmain firmware It wont hash with that hashboard and even the whole device stops hashing. With Braiins OS I will have same issue? Because It would be great if it just continue hashing with 1/2 rate while other 2 hashboards on full power.

It will still mine even you only have 40 good ASIC but hashrate might drop without any issue.

2- Is it safe to run braiins OS in long term? Also is it safe to boost like 500 GH/S for each devices(Not much) is safe for long term?
Yes, it is. There are many users use this OS to troubleshoot or to use it permanently and I think it is safe to run this OS for the long term never heard any complaints that Braiin OS will harm your miner. I think it depends on you how you maintain your miner. Just make sure that your fan is running fine and enough to cool down your miner.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
3ehzad

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 08:21:19 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 10:30:55 AM by frodocooper

Have you tried sd-card boot after problem showed up?

Yes, when I boot from SD every thing is OK! It is weird, because after installing to nand installation log’s message was successfully complete but booting from nand has no ip! green led blinking fast and red led blinking slow.
quser1

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 11:10:00 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2019, 10:31:12 AM by frodocooper

Yes, when I boot from SD every thing is OK! It is weird, because after installing to nand installation log’s message was successfully complete but booting from nand has no ip! green led blinking fast and red led blinking slow.

IMO just run from SD on those 3 miners and flash the NAND back to factory. worst case you can pull the SD and be back to normal.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 12:54:53 AM

I would suggest you connect a pc or laptop directly to the miner, and perform an ip scan using a tool such as angry ip or nmap.

But, for your information and the people reading this thread:

Quote from: Jan Čapek
The IP report button works if you run discover.py
https://docs.braiins-os.org/#network-miner-discovery

If you boot using the sd card, you can also permanently install Braiins OS to the nand controller flash storage, this would also get rid of the evil 2019 firmware.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
3ehzad

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 07:50:02 AM

thanks for your reply, I will try to connect device directly to pc and I’ll inform you about result

]

If you boot using the sd card, you can also permanently install Braiins OS to the nand controller flash storage, this would also get rid of the evil 2019 firmware.

and yes I did it using sd card and permanently install bOS to NAND (both from web interface and ssh) and both of them completely successful in logs message! but when I changed the jumper to nand the device can not give IP address. totally it seems couldn’t boot from nand.
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 01:33:22 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2019, 10:58:48 AM by frodocooper

Well thats very strange, try finding its IP the way i suggested (you can leave the hash boards disconnected while this completes). Or try a reset:

Reset to initial Braiins OS version

Uninstall the current firmware package to downgrade your firmware to the version which was initially installed when replacing the stock firmware.

$ opkg remove firmware

In addition to the above, reseting to initial Braiins OS version can also be initiated as follows:

• IP SET button - hold it for 10s until red LED flashes
  • SD card - first partition with FAT contains file uEnv.txt with a line factory_reset=yes
  • miner utility - call miner factory_reset from the miner’s command line

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 12:15:19 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 10:27:40 AM by frodocooper
Merited by frodocooper (4)

I have found that if I install an xilinx card in an older s9 to install brains the holes don't match up.
This causes the ipreporter button (on left) to be pushed in all the time.
When that happens the boot cycles constantly.
I take off the little front plate on the controller board carrier. Then it will boot successfully.

A corrupt or missing cgminer.conf can cause issues as well, won't start cgminer.

I have had ssh access not available when trying to fix the cgminer.conf.
Had to enable DROPBEAR through the gui to get ssh access.

Another anomaly- running Kaspersky on PC that is using the gui configuration page.
Kaspersky blocks, so you cannot change anything on the configuration page. (pools!)
I just disable Kasperky and then fix the configuration page,  then enable Kaspersky.

Running on 100+ miners, VERY STABLE.

With the 6/5 Braiins firmware pushing the image to the SD card , changing the jumper to boot from SD,
I can use the GUI from the SD card to flash the NAND and fix cgminer.conf missing, and other problems.
The GUI only has the flash option on the 6/5 firmware running from the SD using the new image.

I can pretty much mix and match any s9 hashboards with Braiins. Mixed S9 with T9 boards also(s9 form factor)
Just a wonderful piece of software.

Does braiins work on T9+ yet?
Thanks.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 04:51:40 PM

Does braiins work on T9+ yet?
Thanks.

Not officially, and my last attempt resulted in failure...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
wolfen

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 07:17:42 PM

Did you flash from SD to NAND image 6/5 version?
I know the T9+ has 3 small and 3 big hashboard connectors. T9+ uses the big connectors only. Thought I could install a running s9 flashed controller
but hash connectors are bigger on T9+.
I'm going to play with it.
I only have 2 T9+, would really rather run braiins on them.
Guess I'll boot from SD.

I hope my discoveries are helpful to others.

Artemis3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2019, 01:06:45 PM

Did you flash from SD to NAND image 6/5 version?
Guess I'll boot from SD.

This also resulted in failure (doesn't boot).

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
wolfen

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 12:19:35 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2019, 03:37:21 AM by frodocooper

Did get 6/5 OS to boot from SD on T9+, will not recognize hash boards. Sad
System.log just spins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: