Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:47:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I was given negative trust by member Vod for an opinion and would like help  (Read 964 times)
joerogers8 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

I was given negative trust by a legendary member named Vod.

It was given to me due to an opinion I had on the Flat Earth.  I'm surprised and shocked I would be given this negative trust for speaking my mind.  I feel like Vod is abusing his powers and attempting to shut down an opinion which he does not like or is threatened by. 

May I please have someone with rank and authority to look at what has transpired and advise
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1053331

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:42:17 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Look.  If you believe the earth is flat, you have severe mental issues.  :/

You can't understand facts gathered over a thousand years - facts that you can verify yourself.

Can you understand what a contract means?
Can you understand your responsibilities in an agreement?

I am simply warning the community you are not wired correctly.  People can still deal with you if they take proper precautions.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:47:06 PM
Merited by iluvbitcoins (1), exemplaar (1)

Look.  If you believe the earth is flat, you have severe mental issues.  :/

You can't accept facts gathered over a thousand years...

Can you understand what a contract means?
Can you comprehend your responsibilities in an agreement?

I understand you think we live in a helio-centric world.  I do not believe what you believe as I have no solid proof.  All I can go on in my direct reality and that is that water is level and a vacuum cannot happen without a container.  I'm using my direct experiences in making my assumption and not appealing to authority to make my decisions.  You have decided to punish and insult me for my beliefs.  

It appears you have been doing great work in cleaning this board up of scammers.  Do you want to set the precedence on this board for negative trust to be thrown around every time someone dislikes an opinion?  I think this behavior hurts the forum in the long run.  

Your hurting people by doing this.

I make a challenge to you.  Prove the earth is a ball with scientific based proof.  Grab yourself the 10,000 challenge (I think its up to 50,000 now).  Leave the negative trust for me as I must be a looney.

If you cannot prove the earth is round and do not collect the 10k-50k in the challenge then kindly remove the trust. 

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:48:53 PM

I understand you think we live in a helio-centric world.  I do not believe what you believe as I have no solid proof. 

You do have proof.  The proof has been available for a thousand years.  You can verify the proof yourself.

Are you STUPID, or are you a LIAR?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:53:15 PM

I understand you think we live in a helio-centric world.  I do not believe what you believe as I have no solid proof. 

You do have proof.  The proof has been available for a thousand years.  You can verify the proof yourself.

Are you STUPID, or are you a LIAR?

Why the insults?

Your appealing to authority to make your decisions for you regarding the shape of the earth.  I'm using my direct reality. 

How about you show me your proof on earths shape since your very confident in your decision.  Enough so to insult and negative trust.

There have been many scientific experiments which prove we are not rotating.  There are also many locations on earth where the object your viewing should be behind the curve (8 inches squared per mile) and are visible.

Why does this threaten you so much?

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:53:21 PM

I understand you think we live in a helio-centric world.  I do not believe what you believe as I have no solid proof.  All I can go on in my direct reality and that is that water is level and a vacuum cannot happen without a container.  I'm using my direct experiences in making my assumption and not appealing to authority to make my decisions.  You have decided to punish and insult me for my beliefs.  

It appears you have been doing great work in cleaning this board up of scammers.  Do you want to set the precedence on this board for negative trust to be thrown around every time someone dislikes an opinion?  I think this behavior hurts the forum in the long run.  

Vod's opinion is that your opinion indicates a mental deficiency (something I disagree with - I think you're just a troll - but I appreciate Vod's warning nonetheless) and that you can't be trusted. That's really not a complicated concept. If you disregard all proof for Earth being round then (again - in Vod's opinion) you're likely to disregard e.g. proof of a Bitcoin payment.

How about you show me your proof on earths shape since your very confident in your decision.

Go to a large body of water (sea or large lake). Observe a ship. I did this when I was 8 or 9 so I'm sure you can do it.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 03:58:27 PM

It doesn't threaten me at all.  I'm just letting the community know you are a whackjob.  

There is no sense posting proof which has been validated infinitum a billion times over by people much smarter than I.  You can't understand it.  :/

joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:07:08 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 04:19:23 PM by joerogers8

Your appealing to authority to make your mind up for you.  We are all scientists.  Hence I am re-examining things and trying to prove things to myself.  

Your lack of evidence to support you helio-centric model + your insults towards me for attempting to think for myself as opposed to just letting the professionals decide for me is bad form.  You attacking someone for not taking the word of authority and trying things out on their own.  I never forced anyone.  I just laid it out there. What if all Bitcoiners just listened to authority?  The movement would never have begun.  

What if everyone starts negative trusting over opinions they disagree with.  I believe you are stretching the spirit of the trust system with this one.

I seem to be one of the first people you went after that were not outright scamming.  You have been quite busy cleaning the board of the scammers and I assume your arguments will be backed by the entire community as you have done more for the forum than me.  I just ask you one thing.   Consider not handing out anymore negative trusts for people opinions.  Can you imagine if we all start playing this game?  Then the scammers will be red trusting everyone for whatever reason just to get more stakes.  This post is setting the president for opinion based red trusting.

We will also stop learning at the point we cannot have differing opinions.  The opinions open the discussion and we can all learn from that.  

I will take my negative trust at this point and bow out of the back and forth.  
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:09:55 PM

Your lack of evidence to support you helio-centric model + your insults towards me for attempting to think for myself as opposed to just letting the professionals decide for me is bad form.

There is no lack of evidence.  There is no debate or opinion; at least not for 1,400 years.   Roll Eyes

Yawn...

joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:23:24 PM

Your lack of evidence to support you helio-centric model + your insults towards me for attempting to think for myself as opposed to just letting the professionals decide for me is bad form.

There is no lack of evidence.  There is no debate or opinion; at least not for 1,400 years.   Roll Eyes

Yawn...

Sorry one last one.

I'm talking about your evidence (as in Vod) not the authority your handing your power over to.  I think the Copernicus model is only 500 years old. 
joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

Vod's opinion is that your opinion indicates a mental deficiency (something I disagree with - I think you're just a troll - but I appreciate Vod's warning nonetheless) and that you can't be trusted. That's really not a complicated concept. If you disregard all proof for Earth being round then (again - in Vod's opinion) you're likely to disregard e.g. proof of a Bitcoin payment.

How about you show me your proof on earths shape since your very confident in your decision.

Go to a large body of water (sea or large lake). Observe a ship. I did this when I was 8 or 9 so I'm sure you can do it.

I know I said I would stop.

If you see the ship "go behind the curve" in the ocean and it has totally disappeared it has only gone out of your perspective.  You cannot see forever!!!  

If you pull out binoculars.  POOF.  The ship will be right back in focus and view able again.  Not behind the curve.  It was just out of your perspective.

The proof you used to state your belief  in ball earth should now be voided.  This is why you must disregard this "proof from authority" and experiment for yourself.  Only when you see for yourself will you know for sure.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVrfw3znds

I have done these experiments.  Hence my view and confusion on what I was taught.  NASA still says the boat disappearing over the horizon is the proof.  I believe Archimedes wat the first one who proposed curve earth due to ship disappearance.  he of course had no binoculars to test his theory though.

Water finding its level always is another direct reality you have which goes against the helio-centric model. 

Vacuums with out containers (where does space start) is also something that goes against my direct reality. 

I would have to disbelieve myself and my reality to take on what the authority figures and professionals are telling me. 

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 04:45:37 PM

If you see the ship "go behind the curve" in the ocean and it has totally disappeared it has only gone out of your perspective.  You cannot see forever!!!  

A photon will continue forever until it is deflected.   You will either see the ship, or something in the way.   You can see forever.

When the ship disappears, you understand it's because of the curve of the earth.

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:47:56 PM

This is such bullshit and a false analogy.
Just because he has a different line of reasoning on things we disagree with doesn't make him a scammer.

The trust system shouldn't be used this way, if you want to you could leave a neutral stating that the user believes the earth is flat.

Leaving a red tag on someone just because you disagree with him is very wrong.

@joerogers8 don't engage in a discussion whether or not the earth is flat, you will waste energy on tilting windmills
the discussion should be, whether or not it's right to leave negative feedback to someone for expressing a dissenting viewpoint

Although I respect Vod and everything he's doing on bitcointalk, I believe this act is very wrong.

Looking for a signature campaign.
joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:48:52 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 05:10:21 PM by joerogers8

A photon will continue forever until it is deflected.   You will either see the ship, or something in the way.   You can see forever.

When the ship disappears, you understand it's because of the curve of the earth.

There is something called atmosphere.  You cannot see forever on earth.  Your vision is limited.

I have posted video above debunking your ship disappearing evidence.

I'm fairly sure you have have no idea if a proton can go forever.  How would you prove that?  Your spewing your authority figures shit again with no real evidence.  Your simply spreading something you know nothing about.    How about some real evidence that you have come up with through your own scientific experimentation?

I apologize for making this into a flat earth debate in the wrong section however, I'm being black balled and red trusted by Vod for an opinion and it appears he has not even researched the flat earth or the ship behind the curve argument would have never came up.  Its the most basic of all the fallacies to disprove.  

Vod you getting ready to come over to the flat earth side and give this a real look?

Also I do not believe in the flat earth. I have been wrongly stating it as it's just easier.  I have no real idea on the shape but due to my experience with water I believe it is more or less flat.  I have no idea for sure.  The highest balloon footage by us normal people show a flat surface up to 120k feet.  

I'm in a remote part of the country and trying to design a balloon with my son to see if we can get it higher than the other amateurs.  We are looking for evidence of either side.  If I see the curve I will post the evidence and fight the flat earthers.   Vod has basically said homeschooling my son is the blind leading the blind and I'm basically a stupid fuck for screwing my kid up.  With real science for fucks sake.  Maybe I should just tell my son how it is instead of showing him.  

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:53:29 PM

There is something called atmosphere.  You cannot see forever on earth.  Your vision is limited.  

This shouldn't be a debate about Earth being flat, but a debate on the abuse of the trust system.

Looking for a signature campaign.
joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:06:13 PM

This shouldn't be a debate about Earth being flat, but a debate on the abuse of the trust system.

I agree but it shows Vod is giving his "opinion", red trusting people for giving theirs and has zero proof or real knowledge of anything dealing with the subject.  He got triggered by flat earth for whatever reason.  Debunking his claims shows the forum how wrong he is.

What if I get pissed off here and start red trusting everyone opinions on the forum?  Hell I could do a couple thousand a day if I put my mind to it.  May cause a real cluster fuck if the newbies hop on board.  It should also be totally ok for this to happen based on the precedence shown here.  I wouldn't do that nor would I retaliate against Vod with negative trust as I would be committing the same crime as him. 

I feel that this behavior by a senior person absolutely hurts the board in a time that things seem to be in flux. 
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 05:22:40 PM

Yes.  Your "atmosphere" is actually particles of matter that deflect light.  As I posted.   A photon will continue forever until it is deflected.

Physics prove you wrong, as millions of people have already shown.

How vain are you that you need personal validation of something that everyone else already knows?

joerogers8 (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:06:02 PM

Yes.  Your "atmosphere" is actually particles of matter that deflect light.  As I posted.   A photon will continue forever until it is deflected.

Physics prove you wrong, as millions of people have already shown.

How vain are you that you need personal validation of something that everyone else already knows?

For such a strong opinion you have I'm surprised you are unable to provide any scientific data which proves the shape of the earth.  It's fairly obvious that you cannot do this and are ducking.  

I also saw in the other post you have given negative feedback to other people discussing flat earth.  We can now see you are triggered by this.  It must be very threatening to you.  

The funniest part of all your big evidence was debunked.  The ship behind the curve in the ocean.  LOL.  Your an amateur son.  It's on display for all to see.  You are unable to provide proper evidence for your position so you resort to name calling and appeals to authority.

Scientific method dictated that your proof must be provable, repeatable and demonstrable.  Bring it.  We can move this to the off topic if you wish.  I'm here to show everyone you don't know shit about this topic, your simply spouting the bullshit that s been fed to you and then becoming triggered by the entire topic. Then once triggered you use the forum as a weapon to fight your cause.  This is detrimental to the forum and can create an entire new headache for the administrators as everyone hands out negative trust to anyone they dislike.  

Prove to me anything.  Other than you are a bitch that cannot think for himself and attacks people with different opinions.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 06:14:06 PM

This is such bullshit and a false analogy.
Just because he has a different line of reasoning on things we disagree with doesn't make him a scammer.

Actually that's very applicable here. joerogers8 has blatantly lied above that binoculars would make a ship reappear from below the horizon. That's provably (with actual binoculars, actual ship, etc - not some youtube video) false.

It's not a stretch to assume that joerogers8 could lie in a monetary deal too.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 06:24:27 PM

Prove to me anything. 

It appears I cannot.  Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: