Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google is ending its sweeping ban on cryptocurrency-related advertising.  (Read 1143 times)
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:18:34 AM

Hopefully they don't also begin allowing the promotion of Centralized Cryptocurrencies (fake Cryptocurrencies).
From the looks of it, they would if governments begin to issue such cryptocurrencies after all, why would they not allow the promotion of centralized cryptocurrencies if they allowed the advertisement of regulated exchanges?
It's good to know that they won't allow shaddy ICO projects to promote their shit.
Which are the "regulated crypto exchanges"?Coinbase?I don't think they need any advertising.
Even if they won't, I am sure that we will see one or two shady ICO projects promoting their shit despite not allowing them to advertise using google ads. Also, regulated crypto exchanges there meant exchanges that comply with their country's Securities and Exchange Commission organization or exchanges already regulated by them.
Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:19:36 AM

I'm sure facebook would have been making money from turning around on there decision in June but nothing much has been added to the price of bitcoin ; in fact , June was when we had price coming down below $6,000. Likewise google, they want to catch up in there finance and not that they want to help in growing the market, they are in business and nothing more.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:55:26 AM

Behind Google’s comprehensive ban on encrypted advertising is the gradual clarification of the cryptocurrency policy in the United States.
This may be a sign that the US government's high-level officials gradually accept the legal status of cryptocurrencies!
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:02:16 AM

I think most of altcoins Fake or it has no meaning
bitcoin must drop or crash to 5000 usd per btc for eth crash hard more than bitcoin
There are several altcoins that have become extinct ; Where is the money of investors ?
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:11:37 AM

This is an inevitable thing to happen they know that by banning cryptocurrency related ads they are simply cutting of one industry as their customers which simply means they are denying themselves one mode of income. Opening this up again will definitely increase their income as they know they have a lot of consumers who can be targeted by cryptocurrency related ads. In their point of view I think we all can say that this move is money motivated rather than really a change of heart about their views towards an industry, they really didn't lose anything by doing so.
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:55:41 AM

Google is ending its sweeping ban on cryptocurrency-related advertising and plans to allow regulated crypto exchanges to buy ads in the United States and Japan. The new policy starts in October.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/25/google-reverses-ban-on-cryptocurrency-exchange-advertising-in-us-japan.html

I think that this is a preparation for the reversal of the bitcoin price.

What do you think about it? What are the consequences of these changes?
i think google realized that banning crypto ads did not affect the growth of cryptocurrency as people can still search crypto if they want and they uplift the ban and recognize crypto. Anyway, this is a good news as crypto can be advertise thru google and this can help new ICOs to advertise their project in google search engine which can attract more investors.
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 02:58:27 PM

Google is ending its sweeping ban on cryptocurrency-related advertising and plans to allow regulated crypto exchanges to buy ads in the United States and Japan. The new policy starts in October.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/25/google-reverses-ban-on-cryptocurrency-exchange-advertising-in-us-japan.html

if this is true, it will be beneficial to the crypto market and the users too, it only means that the use of crypto is eventually being adapted by more and more people in the world, it will boost the trust factor to attract more and more investors who are not yet into cryptos, google has innovated and part of that innovation is the realization of the worth of crypto trading and promoting crypto will attract more advertising firms.
What would really make it beneficial. It will simply be beneficial to the pocket of google at the end, since it seems they have realized how much they have missed from revenues when it comes to the cryptocurrency space. It is not some news I believe should have any serious impact on the price of bitcoin or the crypto market generally. Sure, in a way it could keep helping to create awareness nonetheless, but at the same time, the fact that they are trying as much as possible to clean the space and reducing scammers, by dealing with only regulated platforms, is a good start.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:40:49 AM

Not all advertisement are allowed after now. Only the advertisement of proper projects, that are not scam, or the advertisement that do not advertise 30x gains are allowed.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:02:19 PM

I think that this will have a positive effect on the crypto market as a whole. Of course this will not give a start to the reversal (but the author did not claim it Smiley).
I also think that the emergence of positive news prepares people for a reversal, but I don't claim that this news will give a boost to the turn.
Some time ago Google applied the decision (to ban advertising of crypto currency) added negativity in the market. Therefore, now, I think that the revision of their decision will add a positive to the general state of the market.
the13thsymphony

Activity: 297
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:17:00 PM

I think this will not affect bitcoin's growth it needs support from the economic news background !

I disagree in your statement as whether how small or big the investor are they will still be contributing in the market, and with the ban lift by google in crypto ads no matter how small its impact is it will help indirectly, also remember that google is one of the biggest companies that rule over the internet that is why its impact will be good in the current situation in the crypto industry.

█≣≣≣   SECURIX   ≣≣≣█
▐▃    NEXT GENERATION OF CRYPTO MINING    ▃▌
http://www.securix.io/
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:26:06 AM

Google end ban on cryptocurrency ads and i think its good for new ICOs. They can introducing their project to people who dont understand about cryptocurrency and their project. Its good for cryptomarket because new investor will come
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:44:33 AM

if this is true, we are looking at a great comeback of bitcoin price, ads and positive infos about bitcoin have been a powerful instruments that has a great affect on a certain product, in bitcoin's case since it is digital and online, any news can reach the market faster, we are going to see a price hike maybe at the end of this year, where usually price are going up due to holidays season.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:05:20 AM

I think the consequence of google policy is more ICOs will created by many developers team. Beside that, more people will find more information about ICOs and cryptocurrency. More people will join in cryptocurrency market

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:01:07 PM

It is not everything that affects bitcoin growth and I feel we pay so much attention to news. Without the news, the market would have still been moving in any direction it wants at the end of the day. Nevertheless, it is a good thing that the news will change some few things based on creating awareness at the end of it all.

However, we also have to understand that, this is still going to be limited since they made it specifically clear they will mostly be dealing with regulated entities which are very reasonable as that would help clean up the space. I guess Facebook too decided to take the same turn few months back.
kripkiki12

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:13:31 PM

I understand Google and Facebook until a certain extent to ban crypto related ads as many of them are scams. All in all, it would be nice if they allowed them as credible and actually good companies would have more tools to gain awareness.
strunberg

Activity: 1358
Merit: 335

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 01:27:12 PM

Google end ban on cryptocurrency ads and i think its good for new ICOs. They can introducing their project to people who dont understand about cryptocurrency and their project. Its good for cryptomarket because new investor will come
investor could be more confidence with this positive news.and there will much ico could reach their softcap or hardcap easily after they are allowed to advertised on google netwok.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

EUM

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:49:10 PM

In order to circumvent any prohibition, tools are created that allow it to be circumvented. Guggle realized this. And while not too late, he lifted his ban. Otherwise, Google could lose the opportunity to be the leader of the crypto market promotion.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:05:44 PM

This is good news although it does not necessarily affect the increase in Bitcoin prices. but at least Google has now lifted its ban on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency advertisements. It could be a good start, let's pray together and support this decision. Hopefully the price of Bitcoin can rise to the end of 2018.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:46:31 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2018, 07:17:22 PM by BartS

I always thought that we will see a reversal of the decision because it was simply too general, I understand why a company like Google felt that they needed to do something so they could avoid that people got scammed through their announcements, it is way better to let businesses that are really regulated to advertise and to let all of those businesses that are fly by night operations to not be able to hire advertising out of them, that way they get a lot of money and almost no one gets scammed.
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:58:53 AM

it was logical that cryptocurrency could not be permanently banned from advertising. perhaps this news was just a deterrent to growth
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: