Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google ends cryptocurrency ad ban.  (Read 681 times)
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:32:38 AM

This is great news for all kriptonka despite the fact that the ban was only lifted in America and Japan. Why then I was sure that the ban will be removed))
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:49:33 AM

Of course, this is good news, but I think that it will not greatly affect the market. The increased popularity of the crypto currency was last year, now everyone knows what bitcoin is, so advertising in Google will not be effective enough to attract new investors.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:52:01 AM

According to the news in CNBC, Google terminates its comprehensive ban on crypto-money ads and plans to allow regulated exchanges in the United States and Japan to purchase ads. This new advertising policy will come into force by October.

Facebook also started allowing some types of cryptocurrency-related advertising back on its platform.
Their supposed to be ban on ads on crypto related advertisement were not successful and maybe it entailed them great loss so better for them to lift the ban on crypto ads.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:54:29 AM

This will be a great news for everyone especially on the marketing team of upcoming and ongoing ICO's. Expect a good price by November as more people are being drawn to the crypto world. The timing was also great considering the fact the crypto is at high demand by December. This might be money generating on google's side and also facebook. I think there will be changes on and the rules will be strict for ads but its still better than being banned.  Cool
We know that google itself is a business, maybe after seeing the potentials they are now realizing how big crypto industry was become inside the world wide web, numbers developers and advertisers are already here so the timing was good for their business just like what you just said December or the last quarter of the year is the perfect time for  developers to showed up and start advertising and use any platform and google will surely benefits.
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:58:46 AM

According to the news in CNBC, Google terminates its comprehensive ban on crypto-money ads and plans to allow regulated exchanges in the United States and Japan to purchase ads. This new advertising policy will come into force by October.

Facebook also started allowing some types of cryptocurrency-related advertising back on its platform.
Technically it is only a small step, but it's obviously could have a very positive impact on the crypto-industry as a whole. Because, not forget, US market is a one of the biggest and faster growing.
glasbren

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:40:51 AM

Even though its just the start, it already been a good news to begin with, This could give the people trust back to cryptocurrency again.
It will also able to increase the number of investors that could join into the cryptocurrency world.
Sonaile

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:44:29 AM

I believe Google's ban has alot to do with knowing the fact that once Decentralized platform's become mainstream and the public becomes educated in the fact that they can have ownership over their own data. Googles days are numbered unless they themselves implement decentralization.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:55:10 AM

I find it funny how they banned all the scamming ICOs but they didn't ban the people who spam their "Get Rich Quick" programs on Google and Youtube.

There are hundreds of programs out there that promise to "make you rich quick by trading stocks" or "get rich with real estate", etc but in the end nobody actually makes any money off those and actually wastes their time and savings buying stocks or properties.

The only winners from those types of programs are the promoter and Google which makes money off the ads.

I guess they had enough data collected how huge this business are

how much profits passed and wasted during the ban

Starting October eh, lets see if this will push the BTC price at the last quarter
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 01:59:25 AM

Well, I suppose this is good news, but it is mostly inconsequential.
Google and facebook ads are terrible ways to advertise anyways.
I suppose it can raise the general awareness of crypto, but I highly doubt any of that will lead to people actually participating in the market.
If there was an ad on facebook about a certain stock you should trade, how many of you would actually click on the ad, then proceed to become a stock trader?

Also, crypto has basically become mainstream now anyways.
Not in implementation of course, we are many years away from that.
But basically everyone everywhere has heard of it and knows a bit about it.
however, allowing only regulated ads to run can help clean up crypto's scammy image i suppose.

SuiMikira

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:04:14 AM

They still ban ICO ads, only allow exchange ads. I think they still don't have good attitudes with crypto, they only want to compete with FB and share the advertising market, Facebook has allowed crypto exchange ads few months ago and Google won't let this big cake fall into Facebook.
melander81

Activity: 392
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:08:28 AM

This just goes to show how the future of Crypto is really looking good. Once these big companies see the true value, they will surely jump in or probably have their own type of coin or token.
segomawut

Activity: 382

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:09:45 AM

thank you for the info, but is it possible that google that has been global can be shackled like this ?? I think there will definitely be a new breakthrough that will be issued but I also don't know yet.
djuragan

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:07:08 AM

This can be the sign that the cryptocurrency will grow even further through advertisement that can be received by the global public.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Dewi89

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:12:02 AM

I also saw it on CNBC twitter, it's very brilliant news and the most awaited at this time, since this news was published crypto is still in the red zone maybe October will be better for the digital currency market
lorapalmer

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:15:53 AM

From what source I can read more about this information, please?

As I know, it was never blocked before by Google - the ads about crypto. Google and Facebook just were very picky about letting advertise the cryptocurrency by setting up plenty of requirements to pass to be eligible to purchase the ad space on their platforms. But now apparently they decided to make money anyways. It doesn't matter what to advertise if it brings them an income. Finally, Google realized it.

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:45:27 AM

From what source I can read more about this information, please?

As I know, it was never blocked before by Google - the ads about crypto. Google and Facebook just were very picky about letting advertise the cryptocurrency by setting up plenty of requirements to pass to be eligible to purchase the ad space on their platforms. But now apparently they decided to make money anyways. It doesn't matter what to advertise if it brings them an income. Finally, Google realized it.

It was posted in page 2

So this is only for US and Japan with certain conditions, however its still a good news then.

This is the link for full article: Google ends cryptocurrency ad ban — but only for certain kinds of ads

They would only allow crypto exchange to buy ads

ICO's would probably denied from their platform
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:06:59 AM

This is not at all surprising

Once they realized they were missing out on a growing share of advertising revenue they quickly changed the policy

It is an important step for exchanges and hopefully there'll be further relaxing of the conditions soon to allow for legitimate crowdsales and more

FrancePG

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:12:04 AM

It is profitable for each company to profit from advertising, and the alleged ban was only on Ico projects. So there is nothing surprising,  need to somehow attract new people to get money from them.

Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:14:14 AM

I conclude this decision in the future will benefit Google, because I believe that in the future they will create their own crypto currency platform.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:15:21 AM

I think they will adjust to fit the reality more than other cases! But in general, every decision of Google. Facebook, ... have a great influence on Crypto!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: