Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:48:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Altcoins will be a big competitor to Bitcoin?  (Read 1545 times)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:53:16 AM

The problem is there are too many altercoin, and most of them are just worthless and it's just pump and dump, some are basically solving no problem, and people have put in thier believe so much in Bitcoin, so for anycoin to compete, it's gonna be really difficult I must confess, but in near future something strange might happen but now we cannot say.

it seems like you are paraphrasing another reply but if not, you should know that having a lot of altcoins is not a problem. we technically can have a lot of good altcoins (but we don't). the problem is when everyone tries to create a copy-coin shitcoin so that they can make money as fast as possible while putting in the least amount of effort.
otherwise if developers stop wanting to make money and start actually innovating there will easily be a much better coin than bitcoin.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:59:24 AM

not now, but there is a possibility that it will happen in the future and do not know sooner or later, or maybe it will never happen. What is certain is that each altcoin brings its own technology and goals and competes to be the best.
chandrarahmadewa

Activity: 308
Merit: 49

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:18:01 AM

I realized that I did not know what would happen in the future. Currently, large investors still trust Bitcoin as an asset so that no Altcoin can compete with it. The community is an essential role in a coin cryptocurrency
nytstalker

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:28:36 AM

In my opinion many altcoins don't have a potential to be a competitor of bitcoin and there's a top 10 that can compete bitcoin in terms of Market CAP Volume (24hr).
Ethereum can compete with bitcoin because it's in the top like bitcoin.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:36:41 AM

Yes that true to altcoins , they are big competitor to bitcoin , but investors have the choice where to invest his money ,to bitcoin or any altcoin , it is her right to pick ,so for bitcoin and altcoin they will be a big competitor to each other coin in the market cap.

Levious

Activity: 271

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:37:08 AM

Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market almost 51% right now. If bitcoin price will go to the moon again then this dominance percentage may increase! But we have many options in altcoins, and many altcoins are better than bitcoin in several ways! Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?
The dominant position of Bitcoin will not change, and its market share is very large. There are more than 1,600 coins on the market. As you said, BTC has a 51% capital share and the remaining 1599 is only 49%.This ratio is very exaggerated, so it is unrealistic to want to go beyond BTC.

waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:51:51 AM

Altcoins will never be competitors to Bitcoin, they just can be complements. Bitcoin will reserve the dominance on the market as mean of accumulation of wealth.

AndrewBrown

Activity: 251
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:17:39 PM

I think that a time would come when altcoins would give bitcoin a run for its money. Bitcoin is probably reaching that time where people will no more invest totally in it because of its excessive high price. Altcoins will be the new cool on the streets, and it would most likely take over the reign from bitcoin and rule the streets.
anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:17:42 AM

I think some altcoins like Ripple or Ethereum could become a strong competitor to bitcoin in the future, but for this to happen we would need to wait 5, maybe 10 years more.

tarlok01

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:11:03 PM

No not at all both are going side by side by and influence each other, they are just pairs of thing nothing else.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market almost 51% right now. If bitcoin price will go to the moon again then this dominance percentage may increase! But we have many options in altcoins, and many altcoins are better than bitcoin in several ways! Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?

There are mostly 2 main reasons of High Bitcoin Dominance in Market:

1. People believe more in bitcoin rather then any ALTCoins
2. Bitcoin being the major trading pair for buying ALTCoins, people buy bitcoins so that they can trade BTC satoshis into Altcoins

A higher bitcoin dominance is at many times a very good sign of Altseason too. As a majority holding of Bitcoin shows investors are ready with the funds to buy ALTs.
Bitcoin prices mooning will not necessarily mean to have a higher dominance, for example, during Bitcoin's ATH time, (Dec 2017-Jan 2018), BTC dominance was around 40% only.
internacrypto

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:04:18 PM

Yes I think but not all altcoin.
News from chinese, eos will be number one. Any way ETH has a big community, ethereum was used for any human activity.
I believe on ETH will be number one but the price can't exceed bitcoin
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 10:34:31 PM

Virtually every coin is trying to compete with the other, but not all altcoins have this ability, because most of them are just here for a short while and waiting to vanish. There are some that have long term ability and have the tendency to compete with bitcoin. Although, they are yet to grow to that stage. The only close competitor now seem to be ethereum, although still shaky.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:24:03 AM

There are certainly some good coins that have got good prospects in future such as Monero, Neo, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash and many others, but right now, I don't see any other coins can match bitcoin in near future, bitcoin would maintain its dominance for some time.

Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:28:03 AM

I think we are witnessing already a big competition between cryptocurrency, the most competitive right now is Ether and I think one day it will equal to BTC and get parity. It is only my thought, I am expressing and I would love to see that one day as I prefer hodling Ether as it is much cheaper right now!

Leenwar

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:18:20 AM

BTC is viable. It continues to represent value and for this reason we should continue to support it because it is the foundation that all future crypto currencies will be built on.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:35:36 AM

bitcoin I think dominates only at high prices. for the choice of investing could certainly so altcoin that became an option because it could still have development or growth may still be on the rise. even altcoin be an alternative easy to get results as well as daily trading movement that is promising with every time.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:02:36 AM

wait a minute, where exactly do you think that altcoin is better than bitcoin, which side makes you think like that?

in my opinion, on some sides it is clear that bitcoin is better (this is no doubt) BTC dominance has proven it. and how much more bitcoin is more people's interest is also greater. altcoin only gets hype in this, so it will only last for a while

andrej.safronov.1990

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:17:17 AM

Yes, I think altcoins will gain weight about the domination on the market, but it will not hurt bitcoin, bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, but a means of trade or use for transactions, as a means of long-term investments and save their money. But it is too early to tell, let's see what will market in the future.

★━━━━━━★  Z-POP DREAM ★━━━━━━★
★━GROW TALENT,CREATE STAR━★ (https://z-popdream.io/)
other_side

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:27:02 PM

I think we are witnessing already a big competition between cryptocurrency, the most competitive right now is Ether and I think one day it will equal to BTC and get parity. It is only my thought, I am expressing and I would love to see that one day as I prefer hodling Ether as it is much cheaper right now!

ETH has a time value of up to 60-70% of the total value of Bitcoin. However, that is when the foundation of its Smart Contracts is extremely prevalent. In the future if the organizer is still standing in such a place, I think there will be many altcoin developers to beat it
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: