Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:08:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Altcoins will be a big competitor to Bitcoin?  (Read 1558 times)
michael23

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:49:44 PM

I think that now is the time to start investing in cryptocurrencies and it does not matter altcoins or tokens, the main thing that the projects were good and promising in the cryptocurrency market.
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 05:55:26 PM

maybe yes, but to beat bitcoin doesn't seem to be. altcoin can only compete without ever being able to win. if we see maybe the altcoin that is closest to bitcoin is ethereum, but now ethereum is falling.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:02:14 PM

If BTC is going to have a price of more than $50k, less and less people will try to sell it which will make way for the altcoins to be spent more by users.  It could be ETH or EOS that may be use to pay products when adoption came. XRP is aggressive in proving to be on the way to adoption, if what they claim will come then it may be the first to be used casually.

It's not a bad thing. People don't have to be selling it, they have to be able to exchange their coins for goods and services. Exchanges and volatility are a thing because it's still difficult to spend your coins without having to go through fiat money first.
People don't want to hold their coins forever. The ultimate goal of every currency is to buy things.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:37:25 PM

I dont think so, no altcoins will never be the competitor to bitcoin. Because bitcoin is the first crypto and it will always on the top. The value of bitcoi will always be the highest than altcoins. Eventhough there are some strongest coins available in the market. But individually it is good but when compare to altcoin always bitxoin will be the leading in cryptocurrency.
atariguy

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:39:41 PM

The situation may change if one of the altcoins will be able to overtake bitcoin by capitalization, but this is not expected in the near future
pleci

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:39:47 PM

Ripple has great potential in the future, as long as the market conditions are sustainable and the project runs smoothly and crypto continues to grow, I think Ripple will be able to compete with Bitocoin,
but it is still very far because for a long time Bitcoin will continue to dominate the market and Ripple still needs time to develop the project and that's not a little.
KarinaMix

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:40:38 PM

I believe that bitcoin will always be at the top of the pedestal, all the coins in the market depend on it.
KRAUSS

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:50:41 PM

I think to compare Bitcoin and all another crypto currency is like to compare apples to oranges... The are not competitors. Bitcoin is something fundamental or "start point" It will be always "The first ever"...
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 06:56:44 PM

Altcoins will never dominate btc. On altos, you can definitely earn, but domination will not be. Altcoins cannot exist without btc
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:10:12 PM

I think altcoins make bitcoin stronger ! With the advent of a new token, there is an investment in market capitalization and basically people keep a part of the Deposit in bitcoin !

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
cryptosmoker

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:21:00 PM

I really don't think that Altcoins are anyway near the fame of the bitcoin. Many altcoins claim that they are better than BTC or a good competitor to BTC but none of them actually are.
If any of the altcoins were as good as bitcoin then atleast that particular altcoin's price should be constantly increasing in this bear market. But since bitcoin is down, most of the alts are down with it too.
I think other than ether, none of the altcoins are actually to be considered as competitor to bitcoin.
Yeah, I agree with you. As far as I know, bitcoin is still the best coin ever. The price of bitcoin affects the price of altcoin, it means that altcoin still depends on bitcoin until now. So, it still far for altcoin to be the competitor of bitcoin.
nik009

Activity: 1541
Merit: 545

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:13:46 AM

Altcoins are not strong enough, to compete with bitcoins. They are completely dependent on the volatility of the bitcoins and pose no threat in terms of possible dominance.
Pakuhitam

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:23:51 AM

for now bitcoin is still at the top and I think other altcoins are still difficult to compete with bitcoin.
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:31:48 AM

I am not sure about the bitcoins vision in terms of it's technology. POW and mining are meaningless.
Bitcoin is like gold that valuable but hard to move. So any coin like Litecoin can overthrow BTC

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Dima95

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 10:34:57 AM

I believe that there are enthusiast that are able to create something completely new and much better than btc, you cant ignore that fact

GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:37:50 AM

Every month more and more multifunctional and innovative projects come to the market, and it is more and more difficult for bitcoin to compete with them. Bitcoin's time as a cryptocurrency leader is coming to an end, but it will always be the first cryptocurrency (and all the rest are only alternative coins)
Underw00d

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:42:33 AM

Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market almost 51% right now. If bitcoin price will go to the moon again then this dominance percentage may increase! But we have many options in altcoins, and many altcoins are better than bitcoin in several ways! Do you think, in future, Altcoins will dominate the crypto market? Or will it be a strong competitor to bitcoin?
   Suppose sometimes you want to earn more with the help of other coins ... Yes, this is true ... but bitcoin gives you confidence that the profit will be very real at some point in time when you tell yourself this is HUGE TO me)
john alex young

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:25:44 PM

Altcoin and Bitcoin.
Bitcoin dominance in the crypto market will continue to survive and will increase next year. At present, Altcoin does look better than bitcoin, I see in terms of activity in the crypto market, but altcoin still cannot be separated from bitcoin.
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:03:35 PM

Bitcoin will always be the leader. Altcoins in theory can bypass Bitcoin for a while, but I am sure that this will not happen because the market depends on Bitcoin. Altcoins will only compete with each other.
jakiro.hovard

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:09:20 PM

Maybe so, because in general, I think that probably the situation with altcoin did not arise just like that and everything will probably improve for the better, because the situation with how the market develops today and how it will develop tomorrow, you definitely need to understand that always will be the end
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: