Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:58:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ico and sec regulations  (Read 703 times)
limtjoehua

Activity: 216
Merit: 10

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:13:31 PM

That would eventually happen in the long run, but currently, the scammers are continually enjoying their profit from the newbie.
Even with lack of regulation but as long as people will not rush to investing, I mean they should make a research, educate themselves, it could help minimize the scams.
Yes, that's what should happen, we must be able to do our own research. Because this will make us more independent and not dependent on others, so slowly our ability will increase and we will be more sensitive to ico that promises or not, also we will be wiser in managing an investment.

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
Monetran

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 03:52:33 PM

i think so many ICO' restricted to USA citizen, and SEC yurisdiction is only USA citizen right? a lot of investor out of USA, not have to worried about SEC

Not true. I've just gone through the process and we will be available to both U.S. and foreign investors.

What you are probably thinking about is the fact that SEC regulated companies must be based in the U.S.

All of companies that issued Bitcoin ETF applications are based in the US but so many times they are all getting rejected or even ignored by SEC. It's a bit difficul to explain but to fill all of SEC compliances look so difficult. We will see another rejection to the bitcoin ETF in the future and that's just the matter of time.

You are correct. SEC compliance is very difficult. And expensive. But legitimate startups know that to gain universal acceptance they must come under some regulatory guidance.

Just because BTC escaped the SEC because it was deemed a utility token does not mean that the SEC accepts that everything that operates using BTC is compliant.

Expect those who shun regulation to be in line for fines and legal proceedings.

It's only fair...
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:27:02 PM

I think if there is a regulation about the ICO, it is quite convenient for the protection of investors' funds and it is certain that IO is a really convincing person who will be there. And reduce the impact of fraud.
The fact is that if we take for example the United States of America, then in this country it is already at the state level to fight against fraud in companies. Thus, there are processes that do not allow fraudsters to deceive users of cryptocurrency and investors. This is a good example for other countries.
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:51:29 PM

So how the ico sales and buying will look like after sec will regulate the ico.

What will be changed for investor if the new system will be  for the ico-s ?

I don't think we have to change anything for investors - the company who wants to run an ICO has to register to show it to the investors. If they register and the SEC confirms it, there would be less scams and more credibility of new projects.

Smiley Smiley
Monetran

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 10:38:42 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 08:42:17 PM by Monetran

It will really cut out a lot of them as far as I am concerned, because in that case, you will actually need to meet up with regulatory compliance before you will even be considered legit and as long as you are not legit, seeing investors will not even be a thing.

You cannot see any scammer behind bars because they do not usually leave their footprint but at the same time, we would end up seeing a cleaner space eventually as we tend to see people beginning to know what to look out for and that obviously would get scammers frustrated knowing there is nothing for them

With regard to "leaving a footprint," the SEC process requires all founders and officers go through a background check.

Both I and my top team members had to be checked before getting approval.

And we had to pay for it.
Beparanf

Activity: 2772
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:53:44 PM

I think if there is a regulation about the ICO, it is quite convenient for the protection of investors' funds and it is certain that IO is a really convincing person who will be there. And reduce the impact of fraud.
There are countries who needs to monitor each transaction in cryptocurrency, I wonder how well they can maintain their regulations. There are many countries who experiencing crypto regulations now.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
dodgrad

Activity: 1067
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:06:31 AM

i think so many ICO' restricted to USA citizen, and SEC yurisdiction is only USA citizen right? a lot of investor out of USA, not have to worried about SEC

Not true. I've just gone through the process and we will be available to both U.S. and foreign investors.

What you are probably thinking about is the fact that SEC regulated companies must be based in the U.S.

All of companies that issued Bitcoin ETF applications are based in the US but so many times they are all getting rejected or even ignored by SEC. It's a bit difficul to explain but to fill all of SEC compliances look so difficult. We will see another rejection to the bitcoin ETF in the future and that's just the matter of time.

You are correct. SEC compliance is very difficult. And expensive. But legitimate startups know that to gain universal acceptance they must come under some regulatory guidance.

Just because BTC escaped the SEC because it was deemed a utility token does not mean that the SEC accepts that everything that operates using BTC is compliant.

Expect those who shun regulation to be in line for fines and legal proceedings.

It's only fair...

I agree.
On the other hand, I heard about the project, which was created on the basis of crowdfunding - which in the US is allowed, but each of participants got cryptocurrency tokens as shares.
So there is a way.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Monetran

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 04:16:16 AM

I agree.
On the other hand, I heard about the project, which was created on the basis of crowdfunding - which in the US is allowed, but each of participants got cryptocurrency tokens as shares.
So there is a way.

Monetran is now accepting both foreign and U.S. investors but we give participants units, which consist of a "share" of equity plus a token as a perk.

The tokens are utility tokens and the unit is analogous to a "share" of ownership in the company.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:30:38 AM

If there is someone to regulate the ICO then there will be less scamming happen, the buy and sales maybe going to be a bit complicated, but it will be good for crypto development, crypto can get a positive support if the investors know that they will have a better security for their investment

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:13:38 AM

If it will be regulation we will see less scum, more security tokens but KYC will be required for all ICO.

Monetran

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 12:51:27 PM

If there is someone to regulate the ICO then there will be less scamming happen, the buy and sales maybe going to be a bit complicated, but it will be good for crypto development, crypto can get a positive support if the investors know that they will have a better security for their investment

IF?

I just said that the SEC regulates startups with a Reg. CF offering.

There is no "if" about it. The regulator is the SEC and it is being done NOW.

Check this if you don't believe me:  https://www.startengine.com/monetran-llc

Regulation is here and companies that have nothing to hide are complying with it.

Period. End of sentence.
Denies

Activity: 532
Merit: 170

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:35:41 PM

I think sec has an important role for ico who is in America, some ico have been declared scams by sec, this is not good because it should be while ico is still selling products that can already be blocked by sec.
I think we need regulation for ico.
otunyot

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 01:46:56 PM

If ICO is regulated as investment by security and exchange  council,  the ICO space will be safe and there will be few legit and genuine ICO to invest in!  It will be advantageous to investors because it will be difficult for anyone to run away with investors money.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Cmoh

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

In today world there is no sign of regulating the ICOs market like the stock, bond or any other securities market. Because while we talk about the extraordinary features of the digital currency that nobody can track the original receiver and the sender of the identity except the transactions record in the public ledger in the blockchain. So, how any Govt. take the risk of the defaulter.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:13:11 PM

What will be changed for investor if the new system will be  for the ico-s ?

I'll be derailing this thread a bit, and I apologize in advance. You're a Newbie or let's say demoted Jr. Member, but you have 4 negative trusts already. This is actually very worrisome and you should find ways to fix your reputation on here.

About the subject in discuss,  I believe regulations will actually sanitize the crypto space and shape the quality of ICOs that launch on the space. Scam projects will be scared as they need to get certain permits to run an ICO. Ultimately, it will be the gain of investors like you and I as it would limit the losses incurred from investing in shady projects. It will also build confidence in the space and more institutional investors will pick interest.

phoinex

Activity: 560
Merit: 165

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:25:12 PM

I think this will bring benefits to all of us, both positive and negative, but with responsibility there will be improvements to the progress of the ICO for the sake of truly both investors and developers
minizi99

Activity: 242

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:02:12 PM

The problems on the exchanges of the crypt calmed down a bit and cooled the market, plus it grew strongly for 2 months, so a little exhausted. The cue ball will go down soon, that's for sure.
xfaqs01

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:07:45 PM

first of all that regulation your talking about is only in the united states and long before that icos are being launched out USA before and they are succesful, so wether sec regulates it in USA or not that doesnt mattet at all, or it could boost the success of many new icos,

Want to learn TA? head on to
https://www.facebook.com/BTCSignals
ZzV1Finn

Activity: 345

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:15:16 PM

I agree, strange growth. On the account and strongly - probably unlikely. Personally, I'm more inclined to forecast a rollback to 1500. At least that seems like a more realistic price to pay today.

hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:25:43 PM

If SEC is going to regulate then one thing is sure that all customer database will wont be confidential and any time the datas can be used by the sec and if the investor is not investing legal investment then he will be in legal problem. Apart from that ICO scam will become less.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: