Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayun Zig Z1 - Lyra2Rev2 6.8GH/s Asic miner  (Read 42432 times)
Mordred80

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:26:47 AM

Seeing as this is the main area for posting about these miners i would like to share my experiences and have a couple of questions.

Firstly i bought 2 of these miners. when they arrived i could not connect to them i was having the problem of them being on the 192.168.1 where i was on the 192.168.0 range. after about 2 days and 10 or so hours of constant powering the machines on and off and trying different modems as mine is locked they eventually showed up randomly in my range. After this happened i could lock there ip and was set.

Even after the ip was set it took both machines many rests and restarts and unpluggings to get them to mine. some of this maybe due to my impatience and there long boot time. once they were both mining i found one of my boards was dead. Using the bounty of information in the forum it tried  rests, restarts and unplugging also applying more patience due to long boot times to get the board to life. no luck. Also tried different mhz setting.

so i contacted the vendor and they said this was a common issue and they would do a team view to diagnose. By this time i had done the most recent update i could find (926) to both machines and the one with the dead hash board had had 3 different power supplies tried. So being a bit of a fiddler i pulled the miner apart my self. I could find nothing wrong but when i unplugged hash board 1 or 4 depending on how they number them it felt different to the others when they unplugged. So i put it all back together and it worked! What i am guessing is that during shipping perhaps it came loose. Fast forward a day and a half of trouble free mining and i trip my breaker, no worries rest and miner comes back on except board 4 was dead again. Unplugged the wires to the hash boards and it has been good as gold.

Somethings i will put in here ssh username root Pword envision.

My questions are:
1 today i was kicked out of one of my miners ip addresses it still shows up in pool and modem i haven't changed usernames or passwords has anyone had this?
2 i saw in this forum there is a newer update 930? but it isn't linked anywhere has anyone got a link?
3 is the miners memory usage of importance? after a reset due to dead pool it starts low and builds up what happens once it hits 100%?
4 how accurate is the miners temperature?

Thank you all for the information so far and appreciate any help in the future.

Hey alex.asic

First of all: Thank you for the ssh user and PW!
Just tested it over remote (team viewer) and it works!
I tried so many times to access the miner over ssh and it never worked.

To your questions:

1 today i was kicked out of one of my miners ip addresses it still shows up in pool and modem i haven't changed usernames or passwords has anyone had this?
Not sure if i understand this right, but i think i had a similar problem. My miner did a reboot (H/W failer) and after that it just changed the ip address. But i had set a static ip in the settings.

2 i saw in this forum there is a newer update 930? but it isn't linked anywhere has anyone got a link?
yrk1957 wrote that it's for the Z1+
When you open the folder it says Z1
So no idea if it works or not.

3 is the miners memory usage of importance? after a reset due to dead pool it starts low and builds up what happens once it hits 100%?
Never saw it near 100% on my miner. Not even sure if i ever saw it go over 20-25%. So no idea what happens if it hits 100%

Not at all, al least on my miner. After it boots, it shows the temp it has then. And then it doesen't change. It's always the same.
Only if i reboot the miner the temp changes. But again. It only shows me the temp he has it that moment and then it stays the same till the next reboot.

Is the more stable hash rate reflected in your pools as well?
Yes it is.

alex.asic

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:45:31 AM

Thank you for the reply i worded the first question poorly. the miners ip hasn't changed looking through my modem and ssh but when i enter the ip into chrome or explore it wont log in.

Secondly i cant take the credit for the ssh credentials i found them somewhere in this post just want to lay them out abit clearer for future people.

With the temperatures mine seem to change but are very low under 40 degrees c but now that i think it could only be during a reset due to a dead pool that temps change and not a refresh. But being in Australia the hot weather is on its way and id like to be sure nothing bad is happening with the miners temp wise.

On my miner i can get into my memory usage is up to 75.72%

Thank you for the link to the update i will chuck it on my miner in abit. Also thank you for the reply about the stable hash rate ill look into making that change although iam not to confident ill just have to do one at a time and let it mine being i can google well but computers aren't really my strongest point.

Seeing as this is the main area for posting about these miners i would like to share my experiences and have a couple of questions.

Firstly i bought 2 of these miners. when they arrived i could not connect to them i was having the problem of them being on the 192.168.1 where i was on the 192.168.0 range. after about 2 days and 10 or so hours of constant powering the machines on and off and trying different modems as mine is locked they eventually showed up randomly in my range. After this happened i could lock there ip and was set.

Even after the ip was set it took both machines many rests and restarts and unpluggings to get them to mine. some of this maybe due to my impatience and there long boot time. once they were both mining i found one of my boards was dead. Using the bounty of information in the forum it tried  rests, restarts and unplugging also applying more patience due to long boot times to get the board to life. no luck. Also tried different mhz setting.

so i contacted the vendor and they said this was a common issue and they would do a team view to diagnose. By this time i had done the most recent update i could find (926) to both machines and the one with the dead hash board had had 3 different power supplies tried. So being a bit of a fiddler i pulled the miner apart my self. I could find nothing wrong but when i unplugged hash board 1 or 4 depending on how they number them it felt different to the others when they unplugged. So i put it all back together and it worked! What i am guessing is that during shipping perhaps it came loose. Fast forward a day and a half of trouble free mining and i trip my breaker, no worries rest and miner comes back on except board 4 was dead again. Unplugged the wires to the hash boards and it has been good as gold.

Somethings i will put in here ssh username root Pword envision.

My questions are:

Thank you all for the information so far and appreciate any help in the future.

Hey alex.asic

First of all: Thank you for the ssh user and PW!
Just tested it over remote (team viewer) and it works!
I tried so many times to access the miner over ssh and it never worked.

To your questions:

Not sure if i understand this right, but i think i had a similar problem. My miner did a reboot (H/W failer) and after that it just changed the ip address. But i had set a static ip in the settings.

yrk1957 wrote that it's for the Z1+
When you open the folder it says Z1
So no idea if it works or not.

Never saw it near 100% on my miner. Not even sure if i ever saw it go over 20-25%. So no idea what happens if it hits 100%

Not at all, al least on my miner. After it boots, it shows the temp it has then. And then it doesen't change. It's always the same.
Only if i reboot the miner the temp changes. But again. It only shows me the temp he has it that moment and then it stays the same till the next reboot.

Is the more stable hash rate reflected in your pools as well?
Yes it is.

Mordred80

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:55:35 AM

Thank you for the reply i worded the first question poorly. the miners ip hasn't changed looking through my modem and ssh but when i enter the ip into chrome or explore it wont log in.

I think i just had the same problem!

After you told me the user and pw for the ssh, i logged in just to see if it works...and it did. Then i closed the connection without doing any changes.
About 30 mins later i had to restart my miner cuz one board stopped hashing. After that, i was not able to log back in the miner over the browser.
IP was still the same, i get to the login page but i could not get in.

My miner is connected to a power strip that i can access over the internet with an app on my phone.
So i powerd it off and back on...still no access.

Then i accessed the miner over ssh and used the command poweroff
Waited a bit, then i accessed again the power strip - power off - wait 2 min - power on - wait a few mins and now i can log in again.
alex.asic

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:12:29 AM

Thats odd i used ssh and logged in plenty of times since just started out off the blue. still havent been able to connect. i just did the same thing poweroff through ssh and now have the miner off. i edited my jsn file as well 950 auto shall see how that goes good miner booted straight away. if i can get the back into the problem miner i will update that to 930 and see how it goes. I tired to pm you but it said newbies couldnt message you?

I think i just had the same problem!

After you told me the user and pw for the ssh, i logged in just to see if it works...and it did. Then i closed the connection without doing any changes.
About 30 mins later i had to restart my miner cuz one board stopped hashing. After that, i was not able to log back in the miner over the browser.
IP was still the same, i get to the login page but i could not get in.

My miner is connected to a power strip that i can access over the internet with an app on my phone.
So i powerd it off and back on...still no access.

Then i accessed the miner over ssh and used the command poweroff
Waited a bit, then i accessed again the power strip - power off - wait 2 min - power on - wait a few mins and now i can log in again.
Mordred80

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:00:50 AM

Thats odd i used ssh and logged in plenty of times since just started out off the blue. still havent been able to connect. i just did the same thing poweroff through ssh and now have the miner off. i edited my jsn file as well 950 auto shall see how that goes good miner booted straight away. if i can get the back into the problem miner i will update that to 930 and see how it goes. I tired to pm you but it said newbies couldnt message you?

Haha, that's funny...there is really an option you need to activate in the profile called Allow newbies to send you PMs.

Anyway, good luck with your miner. No idea why you can't access it.
flexmeister

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:40:19 AM

Lol Z1+ is even worse than my Z1. And here I was hoping it would be better. Z1 at around 48-52C on each chip, Z1+ sitting at 88-95C for each chip  Roll Eyes
alex.asic

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:44:51 AM

How are you able to see each chips temp? i can only see each boards temp and that doesn't seem to change unless i restart the miner? What version are you running?

Lol Z1+ is even worse than my Z1. And here I was hoping it would be better. Z1 at around 48-52C on each chip, Z1+ sitting at 88-95C for each chip  Roll Eyes
flexmeister

Activity: 21

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:54:47 AM

was assuming C1 - C4 were chip temps but must be for the board, but whether it represents an average chip temp I'm not sure.

lmao. just read the above posts and you guys are correct. my z1 temp doesn't change, the z1+ does and it doesn't look pretty. z1 on 20180926 and z1+ on 20180930. I'm finding the Z1+ even more inconsistent, with hashrate and up to 20% rejected shares
alex.asic

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:57:11 AM

seems like ill stick with 926 then and just do the json mod and see how that goes for now

was assuming C1 - C4 were chip temps but must be for the board, but whether it represents an average chip temp I'm not sure.

lmao. just read the above posts and you guys are correct. my z1 temp doesn't change, the z1+ does and it doesn't look pretty. z1 on 20180926 and z1+ on 20180930. I'm finding the Z1+ even more inconsistent, with hashrate and up to 20% rejected shares
glfrank

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:42:48 PM

I had tested the 0930 firmware working perfect in my Z1,the temperature bug had been fixed in this version. this version can auto detect Z1 & Z1+,set 900 for Z1 925 for Z1+.
But when you export JSON file,the default frequency is 925 for Z1,I think it is a new bug in this version.
saos

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:51:44 PM

Hi all,
Beware of bitmain.today. These are crooks! They take the money and do not execute the queries.

mattaero

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:06:22 PM

I had tested the 0930 firmware working perfect in my Z1,the temperature bug had been fixed in this version. this version can auto detect Z1 & Z1+,set 900 for Z1 925 for Z1+.
But when you export JSON file,the default frequency is 925 for Z1,I think it is a new bug in this version.

Are you getting any better consistency in speed?

I will note that over a couple days the speed on nicehash leveled out pretty good
mattaero

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:45:45 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2018, 06:13:32 PM by mattaero

How to OC the Zig Z1

Overclocking the miner will void the warranty
Overclocking the miner can damage your hardware (board/chips)
Try it at your own risk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to OC this miner?
I've tried it and it is possible...but it doesn't really work. At least for my miner.

Let me explain...

You can export the config file (miner.json) from the settings page. And in that file you can change the value of the frequency (MHz).
To edit the file, i use a tool called "Visual Studio Code" You don't need this tool cuz you can edit the file with the Windows Editor.
After you edited the file, you can upload it back to the miner over the Settings page -> miner reboots.

This is how the file looks like:
{"auto_frequent":"0","frequency":"900","check_nonce_submit":"1","auto_restart_miner":"1","restart_lower_limit_hashrate_5m":"4","restart_hw_count_30s":"74","auto_stop_miner":"1",
"stop_lower_fanspeed_in":"2000","stop_lower_fanspeed_out":"2000","stop_high_temperature":"70","temperature_unit":"c","refresh_time":"60","system_timezone":"Europe\/Zurich",
"system_hostname":"dayun","system_protocol":"static","system_ip":"192.168.1.222","system_netmask":"255.255.255.0","system_gateway":"192.168.1.1","system_dns_server":"192.168.1.1",
"pools":[{"id":130,"url":"stratum+tcp:\/\/lyra2rev2.eu.nicehash.com:3347","username":"xxxxxxxxxx","password":"x"},{"id":131,"url":"stratum+tcp:\/\/lyra2rev2.usa.nicehash.com:3347","username":"xxxxxxxxxx","password":"x"},
{"id":132,"url":"stratum+tcp:\/\/lyra2rev2.jp.nicehash.com:3347","username":"xxxxxxxxxx","password":"x"}],"user":{"id":15,"username":"xxxxx","password":"xxxxxxxxxx"}

All this settings can be changed over the settings page of the miner, except the first 2:

"auto_frequent":"0"
"frequency":"900"

Let's start with "frequency":"900"

Here is where you can change the frequency (MHz) of the chips.

If you change this value (higher then 900), 2 things can happend:
- The miner accepts the new value, boots and you see the new value on the main page.
- The miner doesn't accept the new value and it won't boot. This never happend to me.
   But it can happend. A user here told me, that whenever he tries to change something in this file, his miner won't boot.

What value can be set here?

I've started with 950, then 1000 and i also went up to 1100.
Yes, 1100MHz. Here a screenshot: https://imgur.com/OMV5w7P

Frequency set at 950/1000/1100 - What you need to know

- The miner does not need more power for a higher frequency (MHz). With 900 or 1100 my miner is always around ~1220W
- The temperatur of the miner will increase by a few degree: 2-4°C (35-39°F)
- No, you won't get a higher/better hashrate

The increase of the temperature shows that the miner is working with the higher frequency (MHz).
You will see some high spikes in the chart, but you will not get a higher hashrate.
The hashrate will go up and down so that in the end you will have a lower hashrate overall.

But there is still the "auto_frequent":"0" option
This is by far the best option i've found for this miner.

"auto_frequent":"0" = you "force" the miner to work all the time with the value set in "frequency"
"auto_frequent":"1" = you allow the miner to adjust the frequency (MHz)

By activating the "auto_frequent" (set value from 0 to 1) you wont see any changes on the main page of the miner.
Here's an example:

Let's say you set the frequency at 950 ("frequency":"950") and auto_frequent is also activated ("auto_frequent":"1")
If you check the main page of the miner, you will always see 950 at frequency. You will never see any other value.
But, the miner is doing something and it's a good thing.

Please check this pic: https://imgur.com/3w8h14s

On the left side of the pic, the hashrate goes up and down with the default settings: "frequency":"900" "auto_frequent":"0"
Then on the right side of the pic, after activating the "auto_frequent", the hashrate is much more stable. I have more or less a straight line in the chart.

Since the miner adjusts now the frequency, you lose some hashpower. That's why i set the frequency at 1000 Mhz.
This way i don't lose to much hash power and i'm always above 6 GH/s.

So overall my miner is much more stable and i have a constant hashrate...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

So overall my miner is much more stable and i have a constant hashrate...

Let me rephrase that:
I have a constant hashrate with this settings, but the miner still has the same issues.
One board stops working (but all chips are green) and i have to restart the miner.

I looked at your images after some tweaking, and setting the auto frequency to "1" with the 1000 mhz definitely did appear to make it much more stable... how often are you having to restart?
amirkhan1361

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:06:58 PM

hi

i am amir from iran

nice to meet u all
was considering buying a Zig Z1 and i noticed in a thread that the few person in here dosent Satisfied from z1. Would you recommend i buy it or no ?

thx
mattaero

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:12:25 PM

hi

i am amir from iran

nice to meet u all
was considering buying a Zig Z1 and i noticed in a thread that the few person in here dosent Satisfied from z1. Would you recommend i buy it or no ?

thx

Unless you can get it for a pretty good price, I'd probably say you are nearing the end of profitability unless you have very low electricity. 
Mordred80

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:59:45 PM

hey glfrank

can you or someone else tell me how you updated the firmware?

i downloadet the file (z1_static_100_09_30_release_overclocking.img - 4GB) and then i used a Image-To-USB-Tool to burn it on the usb stick.
But my miner dosen't boot with this firmware.

At least i was smart enough not to use the original usb stick.
So i could just switch the sticks ad my miner works again.

But i really would like to know how i can do it...thx.
ebiyavari

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:14:09 AM

Hello, can someone help me overclock the ZIG Z1 to make a change to the 1100 Frequency in miner.json?
Please leave me a photo if you can, because I do not know English
Mordred80

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 08:13:08 AM

I looked at your images after some tweaking, and setting the auto frequency to "1" with the 1000 mhz definitely did appear to make it much more stable... how often are you having to restart?

Usually after 24-48h, usually...
But yesterday more or less all 30-40 mins and i don't know why.

What helped in the end, was to reload the same .json file and plug the miner off for 20 mins.
Fortunately he's stable again. Mining since more or less 12h without problems.
Mordred80

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:27:14 AM

I have tried the old upgrade for the Z1 and its running fine now. But this time i bought a new Z1+ found the same company has got both Z1 and Z1+ upgrade available on the website. If anyone wish to get your Z1+ firmware update https://www.cryptominerbros.com/dayun-zig-z1-plus-firmware-update-guide

Thy for the link...was searching for something like that.
I tried it yesterday and i think i did it exactly like that but it didn't work for me.
I'll try it again after work.
Mordred80

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:29:31 AM

I have tried the old upgrade for the Z1 and its running fine now. But this time i bought a new Z1+ found the same company has got both Z1 and Z1+ upgrade available on the website. If anyone wish to get your Z1+ firmware update https://www.cryptominerbros.com/dayun-zig-z1-plus-firmware-update-guide

Thy for the link...was searching for something like that.
I tried it yesterday and i think i did it exactly like that but it didn't work for me.
I'll try it again after work.

This link is new, I have check this new one published today.

Now i know that something went wrong yesterday.
The file i downloaded yesterday was 4GB. But this file is only 480MB...so i think i got the wrong file.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: