Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 09:18:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USDC vs USDT: new stablecoins addition to the market, what do you think?  (Read 282 times)
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:57:14 PM

I have observed that a good number of stablecoins are coming out nowadays. I think it is good because many people are always afraid and can't deal with the present high volatility in cryptos. So it's good news to have coins that each coin is pegged to the dollar and people can preserve their funds from any major fall in value. We have USDT, TUSD, NUSD and now USDC
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:02:26 PM

USDC is a stable coin created by Circle and they own the exchange - Poloniex, I do not think that there is some big diffent between two these coins (USDT and USDC).
Maybe that a lot of people lost trust in this coin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1589

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:04:22 PM

The highly expected stablecoin USDC was just added to an exchange (announcement made on their official Twitter account).

Trading pair(s) for USDC/ETH added to Kucoin and many more exchange coming soon such as, centralized; DigiFinex, CoinEx, Poloniex, KuCoin, OKCoin, Coinplug, XDAEX etc. and Decentralized; IDEX, Paradex, Radar Relay, Tokenlon etc.
Also with the likes of @MoneyToken ( A platform for Smart Loans, backed by Crypto-Assets launch at Q1 2018), showing support for the stablecoin USDC, tweeting earlier "Get ready to take out loans in USDC against your crypto assets in the next platform's update".

What do you think about the addition of this new stablecoin to the Cryptomarket  and do you think USDC has the potential to overtake USDT any sooner as no1 stablecoin in the cryptosphere?.

They are a way to avoid paying taxes and they may have a shorter live than we think. When you change a coin into an stable coin you still technically haven´t sell so you have not made "profit" or at least is not in traceable fiat.

Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:05:19 PM

Personally, I do not trust any "crypto" dollar. If cryptocurrencies or ordinary us dollars have at least some reason to be a value, then this is just a farce.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:05:17 PM

For two reasons, this is a good thing.
1) We now have an additional instrument.
2) It's OK to have competition. I believe that it's healthy for the crypto industry.
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 08:20:14 PM

It is like we a having a proliferation of stablecoins lately, Pax and Gemini dollars are making their debut across various exchanges,with a monthly independent audits to account for every coin issued. It simply means tether will have to fix the controversy surrounding them-independent audit report- if they are to remain relevant. With the credit card thing, I am sure you meant a card that could be funded with bitcoin payment options.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:21:23 PM

the only coming stable coin I will trust is

bitbay

when their rolling peg arrives you can kiss goodbye to whale manipulations as you know it now

+ it will be entirely transparent and democratic

I do not agree with you. Bitbox is fine. But something better is coming! Gemini dollar created by Winklevoss twins! This is the first really trusted stable coin with competency. Wink

Which part are you disagreeing with?

1. I will only trust bitbay

or

2. it will crush whale manipulation

or

3 it will be entirely transparent and democratic?

Actually, I think he misread your post.

He seems to be referring to something called BITBOX, which I think must be this:  https://www.bitbox.me/

He hasn't actually addressed your post about BitBay at all.

yes I think you are right actually
I thought he had originally just spelled bitbay incorrectly

Anyone describing bitbay as just okay clearly has not looked at the work this developer has done.
One of the most exciting projects in this arena

CoinCodex

Activity: 314
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

Coinbase adds the USDC stablecoin!

https://coincodex.com/article/2531/coinbase-adds-usd-coin-stablecoin-advances-its-custody-services/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: