Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:16:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you manage your risks?  (Read 25655 times)
Kwame Genius

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 01:48:57 PM

I want to know how you relate the risks to profits?
What is the determining factor for you to sell or buy coins?
How many of you are trading short-term?
As I called myself as investor, I consider risk in my life. It happens in everyday life but I do manage to avoid it.
Also I do not like long term investment but I love to trade in potential coins for living.

center]fLibero.Financial
Hyper deflationary | Automatic Staking & Compounding

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trudovik

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 03:02:05 PM

Only spoke about the process of diversification, I think that it can also be used here and you will save your losses, unless of course they exist or will appear, so everything is very, very simple, on the one hand, but on the other hand it may be wrong.
kleshovab7

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 05:20:00 PM

Do not trade in the short term. I do not follow each coin separately. I look at the entire amount of tokens. So calmer for me. )
money_forever

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 05:27:56 PM

I try not to store all the eggs in one basket. This is the golden rule of the investor. This strategy often saved my capital from big losses.

ichai

Activity: 445

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 05:35:11 PM

In my way, I often buy tokens when they've been paid if I see potential. And wait until they are sold on the exchange, that's when we should sell. I do not like short-term investments because profits are not high and there are many risks.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
pics4crypto

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 05:44:54 PM

I try not to store all the eggs in one basket. This is the golden rule of the investor. This strategy often saved my capital from big losses.
it is very correct. I once had the imprudence to do it, and very much regretted it, because I lost everything.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 11:09:31 PM

I do short-term trading a lot, at least in this few months. How to manage the risk? Well never do all-in on a single coin, always spread into multiple coins / tokens. And also always leave atleast 25% of your fiat so you can buying back a coin/token when in the bottom, in case the price of those coin are down to drain.
Those are really good advices for traders, managing the risk is so important in this field, you should be smart and also make good decisions. As you said, Investors should invest in a lot of coins and not in just one, because in case of falling down of one crypto, you'll not lose everything. Also, it will be so good to hold some money of your fiat, so you can buy when you'll find the market is starting to grow more.
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 10:31:53 AM

Can't manage all the risks, but if you try it should also involve elements outside of crypto. If you invest your money in crypto only, even if you diversify you are still prone to losing everything.

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 10:51:08 AM

Basically i use my assets to invest no more than 30% in one place. And after a certain time i will wait from my assumption then if see my price is going low than again buy it low rate for that system need my capital various stage for recovery risk.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 10:59:41 AM

I am short term trader and most of my trades are influence by price action and analysis. when it comes to long term, i pay attention to news and how deep a coin has fallen. Basically, you buy the dip and sell when the price retraces.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:04:36 AM

In cryptocurrency the risk is always high because of volatility.  But with higher risk, we can get higher results.

Once I got 20% profit or -15% loss then I'll sell the coin. I am trading short term but right now, I don't because the market is unstable and is still in bear.

hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:22:49 AM

In cryptocurrency the risk is always high because of volatility.  But with higher risk, we can get higher results.

Once I got 20% profit or -15% loss then I'll sell the coin. I am trading short term but right now, I don't because the market is unstable and is still in bear.
Of course, I understand that the asset should be sold if you received minus 15%, but if the coin showed good growth and income was at least 20%, then what are your actions next? Should this coin be kept on or sold, earning on the price difference?
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 12:05:03 PM

Well for me, managing risk has never been this easy until I started by investing what I  am willing to let go. In crypto and in life generally the worst you least expected could happen,  that is why my idea of risk management is investing what you can let go especially in the cryptospace.
Right, especially in cryptospace risks whenever it can happen. so the best plan is to invest according to your financial abilities and you can afford to lose. Don't use capital too much just because you see great potential, remember the risks whenever could happen. stick to the plan!
Zidan Bst

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 12:52:32 PM

75% is for long term investment, 25% is for daily trade.
I doing dailty trade for make 1-3 % of profit per day.
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 01:14:02 PM

Of course, I understand that the asset should be sold if you received minus 15%, but if the coin showed good growth and income was at least 20%, then what are your actions next? Should this coin be kept on or sold, earning on the price difference?
If the coin shows good promise in going up at least 20% I'll try to ask my colleagues whether they sell the coin or not. But, my rule is just 20% profit -20% lose. If I am the only one to trade that coin, then I'll sell it immediately at 20% up. But, if my colleagues tell me that, that coin has good future growth then, I'll sell about 25% of my holdings.

Lonthe

Activity: 384

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 01:30:04 PM

The risk will always be there, in investment always the risk for loss, in my opinion this is reasonable because investment is always related to a line, the higher the profit, the higher the risk.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
Yusuf77

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 02:04:52 PM

I do proper research before investing in any project and then hold that for long term.

This is working good for me till now.
now it is very difficult to find a potential because it is very difficult to predict everything, even looking for a long-term investment project is very difficult with a lot of research vision and mission that is very good but finally we get nothing
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 02:23:07 PM

The risk will always be there, in investment always the risk for loss, in my opinion this is reasonable because investment is always related to a line, the higher the profit, the higher the risk.
Yes the risk factor depends on the profits you were looking for so always keep the profit margin low then you may save you from big losses.
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 02:41:23 PM

Soon I will going to write a trading manual for beginners but for this time, I will going to give my recommendations for you.

How do investors, traders and even ordinary people manage their risk? In this simple step, I will assure your investment will not go to waste so take your time to read it.

First: Determine the best coin at the market whatever trading or exchange platform you are using, in order to determine it, you should need to consult the team (conduct a fundamental analysis of the situation) for updates and latest information about a certain crypto. But do try to search on news regarding cryptocurrency updates.

Second: Once you saw a promising event that will going to happen to the market of a particular crypto, then try to execute the sentiment analysis (this is the process of asking people about their opinions regarding the matter). In this case, you are feigning an assurance about the fundamental analysis you've just executed.

Lastly: Technical analysis is a must for the cryptocurrency you are focusing in. In this step, you are trying to predict the outcome of the market candle graph, and at the same time, looking for an entry point to buy based on your investment. Managing your risk means, not giving all up. What you should do is to invest the 50% on the crypto, then look after it for days and weeks.

Sell ahead if you are satisfied. Thank me later.
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 04:06:56 PM

Yes the risk factor depends on the profits you were looking for so always keep the profit margin low then you may save you from big losses.
I think that in the current state of the cryptocurrency market, it is best to choose a single Strategy and this is a long-term storage of all its assets. In this case, you need to choose the right objects for investment and buy projects at a bargain price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: