Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2891 times)
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:06:23 AM

This will not be proportional to the risk would be acceptable. KYC was at risk when misused to an improper activity as crimes. and this is when compared to paid in airdrop clearly just totally not comparable at all. better forget it because it would be at risk against yourself in future. search other fields in addition to airdrop a greater result.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:37:22 AM

I would not advise you to provide your personal data and especially for the sake of participation in airdrop. I could understand if it was a bounty company of some good project, but for airdrops sake?

Pandji02

Activity: 895
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:45:38 AM

I don't agree to fill Kyc for airdrop, I prefer Kyc for bounty campaigns rather than airdop. I've joined the airdrop but I didn't get anything.
mpandam123

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:47:49 AM

in my opinion it depends on the project and the reward, if the project is good and the reward is good, it should be kyc, otherwise if the project is not good and the reward is small it should not be kyc
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:48:12 AM

No give your kyc for airdrops. If you join hundreds of airdrops, it is very difficult to earn money, and it is a huge mistake to give your credentials to a place where you will not make money. Its a big mistake

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Leftneck

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:48:55 AM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
I think applying a KYC in an airdrop is not right. KYC is needed to confirm our personal identity. and even then I do it only for a market, like indodax.
if not pressed I don't want to give my identity to a program that I think is not clear enough.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
stillmissu

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:51:54 AM

I don't think it's necessary. I still feel that my information is more precious than the token i get from airdrop. Besides, who knows they would use our information for?
eagle10 (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 07:14:22 AM

I think that every ico and bounty should have KYC. Yes, a project should know their customer. And as is goes for bounty, it will help stop a lot of scammers who spam bounties with fake accounts.

I don't think that every ICO and bounty should have KYC. There are so many scam ICO that's why intensive research to the ICOs project and dev team should be considered otherwise, you end up being scam.
Bitcoin_Delivery

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:17:25 AM

I think that every ico and bounty should have KYC. Yes, a project should know their customer. And as is goes for bounty, it will help stop a lot of scammers who spam bounties with fake accounts.

I don't think that every ICO and bounty should have KYC. There are so many scam ICO that's why intensive research to the ICOs project and dev team should be considered otherwise, you end up being scam.
Indeed today the average is almost applied in the airdrop bounty and also the exchange to detect fraud or fraud. this is very good to run now
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:18:08 AM

First of all, airdrops are becoming traps to get KYC details these days. If you guys dont know then selling your details is a trend which is going on these days. Provide KYC only if it is valuable.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Patmille

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:23:13 AM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
i will not join any airdrop that requires kyc , there are alot fake airdrop and those scammers will take advantage of that to steel our credentials and personal ids. And besides only few projects nowadays give an ample amount of airdrop the rest are either stealing our identity or just a waste of time.
Gekkoo

Activity: 604
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:24:17 AM

People should be careful with KYC about airdrops because just because they are free projects, they should not require anything other than distribution! They could at least do some ninja launch if they want fewer people or require some rankings but never people's information, that's dangerous.
bestpikka

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:36:18 AM

Its true mate never fall for this KYC required airdrops because not just because of scamming,but a chance of being a victim of Hacking or may used your data for other connections from illegal or criminality.and I don’t know why needed to bring complete details for just an airdrops?This not even fits the essence of crypto community of decentralization and anonymity.so better get away of these guys because for security measures

There is no legal reasons to do kyc without investors, so you would have to wonder why would they want your personal information.
yes, our personal data is very valuable, therefore when there is an airdrop program that asks for our personal data we should refuse or stay away from it so that we avoid things we don't want.
Mr Batman

Activity: 378

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:49:01 AM

no, because I don't think it's appropriate to use KYC for airdrop, this is because we only help promote the ICO so we don't need to fill KYC to get airdrop, except we as investors in the ICO.

kakade

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:23:59 AM

I think the program For using the KYC was very not worth it. Because now you can see that a lot of the Airdrop program scam and some token Airdrop has no selling price. And if a program like this to use KYC I think is very risky and could make many people experience losses.

MoozicoreWORLDS FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN

█████                     █████
  ███████                   ███████
  ███████       █████       ███████
  ███████      ███████      ███████
   █████        █████        █████
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:39:22 AM

Well, KYC on airdrops or giveaways tells me only one thing: SCAM - they will surely be selling the data !
There are several reasons why I think there is no need for KYC on bounties and airdrops, and several more why I think we shouldn't do it.
Some projects disrespect hunters so much that they only inform about KYC at the end.... so when I join any project I always ask first... I've even had a case where a supposedly privacy coin asked for KYC...

There is no money involved and the token/coin quantities are relatively low for bounties and airdrops, so there is no clear need to KYC on these cases...

On the other hand I am amazed with the amount of hunters that share their ID around on dozens of projects... people might not know the importance of an ID and what you can do with it... with all the cybersecurity problems the world is facing today it is amazing that people do this...

cheers

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
btcmi

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:44:19 AM

I believe that this is the most stupid requirement. If a person does a service for you, then you should not require personal information from him. This is necessary only for investors who can launder money in this way, but not for hunters.

◦◦○○●    KAMAGAMES TOKEN SALE   ○○◦◦
  100M PLAYERS   ║   $57M REVENUE   ║   63% ANNUAL GROWTH 
████████    Join our TOKEN SALE and get + 20% BONUS!    ████████
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:44:38 AM

I recommend avoiding these projects. This is a ridiculous requirement, the purpose of which is only the collection of information for sale to third parties.
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:51:27 AM

KYC for Airdrop is a scam. If they had asked KYC for ICO investment then i can understand but for Airdrop and bounty i ill show a red flag. what these scammers do is that they create a fake token and they will start to airdrop and asks for KYC and as soon as they have date they will sell it to thieves.
biochem123

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:56:28 AM

hell no, you shouldn't give your personal data to a scam ico just to get a 5% chance of earning some tokens worth 5$ at best
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: