Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2889 times)
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:13:56 PM

I will only give KYC for a very good project, and they will pay in large rewards if I do it. Giving my information to a project that is not reliable I don't think it's necessary.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744
Merit: 10

Syntrum.com

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:15:32 PM

I don't like airdrop in need of KYC, I think what I do by giving information to projects that do not guarantee my identity will harm me. I will do a KYC by looking at project details and information from projects that I believe are good.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Yshakov.v

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

Are you joking? Now the airdrops began to demand KYC? Wow. I did not expect this. I wonder who passed.
mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:19:26 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2018, 02:32:34 PM by mey466

Also terrible if the data we provide is used for bad things, but my experience if the project that asks for KYC usually has good quality, not in doubt the results of tokens are given at a pretty good price
Folajuwon56
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 02:22:50 PM

Personally I believe KYC is not a criteria to determine how good a project is, be it bounty or airdrop. I have participated in number of Campaigns with kyc that later yielded zero. So I think scanners are using kyc to deceive people because the known some people tend to believe that projects with kyc are real.

pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:27:42 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
Agree to it completely. Airdrops are given to people for supporting the project/product whatever you may call it. Nowadays people are using airdrops for advertising which was all well until the point they started asking for KYC for airdrops Undecided Undecided . First of all, airdrops should be done just like that without any requirements whereas people ask for signups, registrations, conditions and KYC for it these days. There is no point of privacy and anonymity if we give the KYC details just for the sake of some random coins which we don't even know will be any worth in the future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

It's really not worth it. I do not agree with kyc when doing airdrops. And I don't think it's necessary. I joined an airdrop 1 month ago. I passed KYC to receive my rewards. But I got only $5 worth of that token. What was that! So I have decided that I will not provide my identification for a small amount. And I will think twice to give my KYC document or not.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
bryle10

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:49:20 PM

I think yes
because we know KYC's safe use because we know before you can make KYC lots of valid IDs. so do not worry about giving the wallet address because hackers can not open it.
gabriela1999

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 02:51:45 PM

I agree . KYC for 1 airdrop is not worth it. And maybe they will get the information of investors to serve their own needs. I will not join any airdrop if they catch KYC. That really is not necessary.

██   ██████████████         1xBit.com     |     BENEFIT SEASON          ██████████████  ██
7 B T C   W E L C O M E   B O N U S
██                       P L A Y   N O W                       ██
PM.coins

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:00:15 PM

If KYC for airdrop is not mandatory, it looks like it will be more comfortable if you don't give or skip. Personal data will be dangerous if used incorrectly by someone who is not responsible. My opinion is only intended to anticipate things that don't happen or misuse of data. Although on one side KYC also includes the importance of recognizing someone who will participate in a project.
Sama517

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:02:02 PM

I don't see anything good in KYC, let alone even using it in airdrops where one is not even sure if it will ever be a reasonable coin. It is totally bad requiring it in airdrops.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:03:32 PM

For a few airdrops  i will not give my id information. You will never know what they do with your ID
Also there are too many security issues on storing KYC informations. They will be legit but they can get hacked too.

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
ennave123

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:03:49 PM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

Hi there, in my opinion it depends on the project. For exemple i had no worries doing KYC with Dfinity i had no hesitation. But with less than 35-50$ i would recommand not to go through KYC. Especially if the project is unknown, no way to be trusted.

Don't forget guys that you are giving your personnal informations and they might be used to steal your identity or recover some passwords. Think about it twice before filling a KYC.
I totally agree although I am doing it carelessly before but now I am more careful with my information. There are projects that needs KYC which are good and worth it but to find one, we must learn more about the project and the management. It's hard to afford losing our personal information in the digital world, it's too vast to contain.
picaszo

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:03:54 PM

I think KYC for airdrop isn't good because let's just say it's a free token but if it's for the bounty campaign it feels pretty good because we participated in the promotion of the project
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:04:57 PM

I rarely follow the airdrop, but I almost lost my wallet, so I never aired again. moreover the rewards are very few, but in accordance with the work, especially only limited to working at Telegram.

wikiaki

Activity: 91

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:05:21 PM

Yes, it really is not worth it. I think that the airdrop brings very little bonus to the bounty hunters but they demand too high. Those who participate in the program must cheat to have more money than they deserve.

panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:08:07 PM

I think yes
because we know KYC's safe use because we know before you can make KYC lots of valid IDs. so do not worry about giving the wallet address because hackers can not open it.

wait what? did you say that it's safe to send KYC to some random ICO? An airdrop usually to gather attention like some sort of ads and it's for a new emerging ICO, do you want to gamble your identity for a chance to score 5$? , I'm not saying that airdrop was bad but the requirement is ridiculous
As many stated before above, it's not worth it for an airdrop. Maybe if you participate in some ICO and they need it for regulation.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:13:37 PM

KYC is best for project, but not for all of us, I'm agree kyc just for high amount investor, I've no idea why some of bounty campaign and just a few bucks airdrop also need to pass kyc, so I'll choose not to join airdrop or airdrop with kyc, they just want to collect our sensitive information
rimueng agam

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:16:33 PM

Jaka, in my opinion, this kyc is not suitable for Airdrop because it will make people lazy to register the account that they have to the Airdrop because there are fairly difficult requirements, namely charging kyc
pekingcoepo

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:18:11 PM

with the system requires KYC I tend to worry about misusing our data for other purposes out there but the good side is to reduce multi-account in one ICO or airdrop project. we must be wiser to see projects that are clearly prospects and profitable so that they are not in vain because of the KYC system, because there have been too many fraudulent projects.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: