Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:10:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good?  (Read 2891 times)
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1303

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:00:54 AM

There is still no good system of protection against scam programs, and to give out their personal data n alno and on the right is very bad.Thieves can use your personal information and harm you.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:11:16 AM

KYC (Know your customer) for airdrops token are scams, they pivot out the private information of several participants and offer them tokens that are worthless when listed on exchanges.
Funny enough, most of the projects becomes desolate (failed project) and what happens to kyc data's gotten ?? they are most probably sold on black markets to unknown buyers across the world.
Lets be smart and avoid unwarranted KYC.

I also think the same thing, what happens to our data when an ICO project fails? this is obviously very dangerous, there is no certainty about the security of our data. I think that no matter how much a bounty airdrop can provide profit, the data you provide is not worth the money. I will only provide data for the purposes of KYC, for projects that have a clear enough reason, such as government requirements, and those responsible for the project can be trusted.
SaveOurSea

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:17:30 AM

KYC (Know your customer) for airdrops token are scams, they pivot out the private information of several participants and offer them tokens that are worthless when listed on exchanges.
Funny enough, most of the projects becomes desolate (failed project) and what happens to kyc data's gotten ?? they are most probably sold on black markets to unknown buyers across the world.
Lets be smart and avoid unwarranted KYC.

I also think the same thing, what happens to our data when an ICO project fails? this is obviously very dangerous, there is no certainty about the security of our data. I think that no matter how much a bounty airdrop can provide profit, the data you provide is not worth the money. I will only provide data for the purposes of KYC, for projects that have a clear enough reason, such as government requirements, and those responsible for the project can be trusted.
if it's just for airdrop it's better not to verify KYC because it is very risky, especially now that most airdrop ends with a scam so think twice if you have to verify KYC to join in an airdrop.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

It's really not fair to give your personal info/id's for airdrops.

They might use your data in a wrong way and will sell it to other ICOs. It's now a business for them that revolves and their projects are even  scam so don't fall for it. A lot of airdroppers here are not thinking on how valuable their identities are.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:35:45 AM

Yes, in my opinion, since the project has KYC, it will be a more secure project with KYC limiting the number of participants. I think KYC is absolutely right and good for the participant

Ledy Alise

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:49:40 PM

As we all know most airdrops in these days are scams, so if you will give your documents to scammers you can imagine what will happen.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:39:16 PM

Of course, this is very bad, because today there are so many options for how difficult it is, because today people do not understand the magnitude of the threat that your data can bring on the network, do you understand that this data is not protected at all?
machekequy

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:57:13 PM

I think airdrops are good with kyc to get rid of and give chance to other bounty hunter who want to airdrops and earn just kyc's purpose in the bounty to further strengthen security and to bounty huns who use mutiple account but not everyone with kyc in the bounty is legit the other scam also so be careful of joining in to other bounty.
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:58:12 PM

Yes, in my opinion, since the project has KYC, it will be a more secure project with KYC limiting the number of participants. I think KYC is absolutely right and good for the participant

You are right that KYC( know your customer ) helps limit the number of participants in Ann Airdrop program
But facts still remain that kyc Airdrop are mostly worthless tokens that worth only as much as 5$ and endangers profiles of over a million people that does kyc

Reports and rumours has it that such information are sold on black market
Should we really endanger our image because of  miry Airdrop project token worth so cheap ?
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:03:02 PM

KYC would be good if airdrops gave at least $10-20. with such amount you can trade and withdraw. with less amount it just waste of time and giving your confidential information to third-parties.
raitsuk

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:24:31 PM

To be honest, I don't really understand the idea behind the KYC that applied for the airdrop.
It doesn't seems like everyone that join the air drop is purchasing the coins and the coins that we get from airdrop isn't that much.

moshuk

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:26:47 PM

no . for it is not necessary at all because there are many more scammers in them ... and then you will wonder where your data will go.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 328

🐪

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 02:33:58 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2018, 02:47:55 PM by ovcijisir
Merited by Daniel91 (1)

Well, KYC on airdrops or giveaways tells me only one thing: SCAM - they will surely be selling the data !
There are several reasons why I think there is no need for KYC on bounties and airdrops, and several more why I think we shouldn't do it.
Some projects disrespect hunters so much that they only inform about KYC at the end.... so when I join any project I always ask first... I've even had a case where a supposedly privacy coin asked for KYC...

There is no money involved and the token/coin quantities are relatively low for bounties and airdrops, so there is no clear need to KYC on these cases...

On the other hand I am amazed with the amount of hunters that share their ID around on dozens of projects... people might not know the importance of an ID and what you can do with it... with all the cybersecurity problems the world is facing today it is amazing that people do this...

cheers

Not only that I believe that most of ICO that require KYC sell their bounty hunters and investors data don't need that much data, but also I believe some of them are founded just to collect personal information of people (and sell it).

Even if they do not sell personal data (which I doubt), it is questionable if they store collected personal data on secure system. There is possibility that they store sensitive personal data on computers that can be easily hacked, or maybe they don't control who access that data, so maybe employee can copy that data and sell it.

The system of storing data should be audited by independent auditor to guarantee that personal data is stored. And even then I wouldn't be comfortable knowing that my personal data is stored on someone else's computer.

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:35:15 PM

For me i will not provide my identification for a small amount we all know that airdops are ranging between $1-$10 not worth for my identification

Exactly my point of view
Airdrop tokens are always worth nothing because it’s even difficult to sell them and get profits
They are not worth risking personal information that could be sold on black markets to make matters worse

Any Airdrop program that needs KYC I delete them asap
badungs

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:18:18 PM

Agree with you, some lay people follow airdrop which requires KYC even though it is very dangerous to his personal data. after all, most airdrops that require KYC do not necessarily have a value in the market, even many who do not enter the exchange. so it's useless to follow the airdrop like that.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:04:54 AM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
Before I likely would have said that it was worth it, but this time around, especially after I saw what these people were doing by selling other people’s information on the dark web, I don’t think it is worth it. Never do KYC for any ICO that is not worth it.

All they do is trying to buy people for a cheap price and collect their information and after that they will go to the dark web and sell them for a bug amount of money.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:36:22 AM

I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

I also agree that KYC is not needed for airdrop since majority of airdrops have little to no value at all. Also, right now, many airdrops are either scam or just collecting personal data and then you either not receive airdrop or the token you will have have almost no value unless you get lucky and participate to a really good airdrop which is like 50:1 ratio.
For me, I only join airdrops that will ask me to follow social media and retweet/repost and that's all. I don't participate if it ask me personal info.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
gooryheta

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:38:28 AM

There is no reason why an ICO required KYC to airdrop participant, usually they is a fraud in this internet

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
faza13

Activity: 518
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 06:40:28 AM

KYC for Airdrop of course No very Big No. I will never give anyone my ID for a little penny of money

izsara

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:01:44 AM

if for an airdrop I never try to folloew it if I ask KYC, but other things with some bounty programs from IOO ... I usually check first whether it is feasible or not ...for give my id

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: