Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should we focus this year?  (Read 26836 times)
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:57:07 AM

Applying blockchain technology to life is very necessary because it brings great efficiency in various fields. Blockchain technology is a huge breakthrough in the current technology 4.0. I believe that blockchain will be more and more popular worldwide.

It all depends on how and where you apply the blockchain as 'technology'.

If we're purely focusing on corporate solutions to enhance efficiency and profitability, you only need a database structure to get the job done. There isn't any sort of advantage a blockchain grants you over a database. Everyone thinks the blockchain is it because of the hype around it, but when you discard all the hype, there isn't much of value left.

Blockchains are useful when it comes to decentralized incentives such as Bitcoin, because you at all times rely on the chain to remain immutable. If you don't need an immutable chain, there is no need for a blockchain, period.

I don't disagree with your point as I'm telling essentially the same all the time. The advantage of the blockchain technology as a variety of database solutions is that it can work in a trustless environment where no one trusts anyone in particular. The real break-through in this area consists in using asymmetric cryptography for providing consensus, that is which records or entries in this database are considered valid and which should be discarded.

Of course, if you are using an in-house network, there is no advantage of using blockchain as it adds unnecessary overhead in terms of complexity, capacity, and maintenance. When everyone trusts everyone else, which is assumed for in-house setups, you would be better off by using a conventional distributed database.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:07:59 AM

The Blockchain is so simple and yet 90% of the people still don't understand how it works.
It's just a bunch of independent computers,who verify transactions by solving complex math tasks.
For that work (solving complex math tasks),they get rewarded with bitcoins.This is also known as bitcoin mining.I guess that this is the most simple explanation of all times. Grin
Great drawing, by the way.

Blockchain technology nowadays was very popular actually, and we all knew that in this field of business.  But still lot of the community doesn't know what the real catch of blockchain, even we they've heard it for so many times. And you can never see here that none of the ico project is not related or connected into blockchain, almost all of it are does. Therefore, we need to focus on this trend which is the blockchain technology or the crypto/bitcoin currency.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:22:27 AM

This is like the "Gluten-free Craze" in the cryptocurrency market everyone knows Blochchain but not everyone knows what it means or even what it does. I think the main idea here is that we should not be part of the people who are in here for the hype as we must understand first what Bitcoin or even Blockchain is and what is causing the hype for them both. Learning and knowing is the things you needed in this young market as we can really get lost if we don't know what we talking about or even what we cryptocurrencies we are investing.
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:34:45 AM

I would bet that almost 50% of people who enter the crypto world do not necessarily understand 100% of the blockchain itself. they only know where they will invest and will get profit. I myself only know that blockchain is a ledger that records all crypto transactions.

Exactly. Majority will think that blockchain = bitcoin. Lol.

Blockchain is the technology behind almost all crypto right now. Anyways, the more people understands the difference the more they're going to be a smart investors. If they heard that some  company invested or uses blockchain technology doesn't mean that bitcoin will go the moon. Smiley
Because majority is not tech savvies and it would be hard honestly to see a layman understand some of the technical details when it comes to blockchain technology Smiley.

What most people understand is probably the application, how things could be over time, and most especially how they can get rich overnight which we know the latter is all most people think about and this is the reason why not being able to understand in particular what blockchain technology is, the disruption it brings and some details on how things would be in the future, it would be hard for them to make better long term plans even in the crypto market.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:46:16 AM

This is like the "Gluten-free Craze" in the cryptocurrency market everyone knows Blochchain but not everyone knows what it means or even what it does. I think the main idea here is that we should not be part of the people who are in here for the hype as we must understand first what Bitcoin or even Blockchain is and what is causing the hype for them both. Learning and knowing is the things you needed in this young market as we can really get lost if we don't know what we talking about or even what we cryptocurrencies we are investing.

Those who joined because of the hype are probably gone by now. Most of them bought at the top of the price, disillusioned when it dropped and probably hated bitcoin right now. Those who are still here are the ones who really believed in bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain and  (bounty hunters).
yitzjoe

Activity: 390
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 09:25:05 AM

many of us don't fully understand blockchain completely and only join to make a little money in crypto, so they will be easily fooled by the many fake ICOs like vampire that only suck up your investment funds. learn more about the blockchain and the range they can make and what benefits they can provide, with this we will be more advanced and blockchain will shine
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:36:36 AM

Those who joined because of the hype are probably gone by now. Most of them bought at the top of the price, disillusioned when it dropped and probably hated bitcoin right now. Those who are still here are the ones who really believed in bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain and  (bounty hunters).

Somehow, people seem to stick to the extremes, or rather think that other people are feeling exactly that way, like "they probably hate bitcoin right now" and "those who really believe in bitcoin and blockchain" as in the second coming (of Satoshi Nakamoto). Why don't you consider a possibility that for many people bitcoin as well as other cryptocurrencies is just a means to an end, and they are not necessarily emotionally excited about it in either way, in the way of love or hate? For example, I mostly use crypto as a tool allowing me to avoid dealing with banks, and it just works for me, though I can't say that I'm overly obsessed with bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:54:44 AM

I would advise we stay much focused on bitcoin incident not withstanding other Altcoins too. I wish to have all these investments as soon as possible so I start to enjoy soon.
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

I would bet that almost 50% of people who enter the crypto world do not necessarily understand 100% of the blockchain itself. they only know where they will invest and will get profit. I myself only know that blockchain is a ledger that records all crypto transactions.

Exactly. Majority will think that blockchain = bitcoin. Lol.

Blockchain is the technology behind almost all crypto right now. Anyways, the more people understands the difference the more they're going to be a smart investors. If they heard that some  company invested or uses blockchain technology doesn't mean that bitcoin will go the moon. Smiley
You are correct and that is the way most people think about blockchain that it is bitcoin. And anything related to bitcoin is easy money. People do not care how true this is or not. We have to continue talking about this blockchain to educate the people.
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 11:47:00 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 12:02:54 PM by jademaxsuy

All of this reminds me of the late 1990s.  Everyone was sure the internet was going to be the death knell for brick-and-mortar businesses, and internet stocks soared even if the businesses had no viable business plan.  It was a crazy time then, and it's looking to be almost as crazy now.
Craziness started when one inventor stating that he was going to build an airplane and so does people laugh him about it. Then here comes the internet, same reaction with the people that are analyzing and thinking beyond the block box.

So, people now are scrutinizing the blockchain technology? I do not think that they are learning on the past since they are still not aware on the trends and the possibilities. Block chain has a lot of use especially in governance where one could see the transparency of the system and less supervision will be needed for block chain will going to record all the doings publicly for them. Relatively, this will eradicate corruption in that certain system.
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:08:10 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2018, 03:22:34 PM by peter0425

Those who joined because of the hype are probably gone by now. Most of them bought at the top of the price, disillusioned when it dropped and probably hated bitcoin right now. Those who are still here are the ones who really believed in bitcoin, cryptocurrency and blockchain and  (bounty hunters).

Lol, probably true. Those left already when the price hits below $10K because if they have bought around the peak price, its almost 50% lost, so for most newbies its going to be unbearable and its a big psychological issue. And those who've decided to stay are pure speculators, whales and smart investors, bounty whores are here to stay as long as we have ICO popping here and there.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
ynclksnr321

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:59:13 PM

It will go through some small corrections until the end of this year, but I think we will have a really fruitful year in the coming period. 2019 will be a very good year for us as long as we learn from failures from failures.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

Nothing wrong with gluten-free Smiley

A lot of people came here solely for quick money, they didn't care about the technology and breaking our dependence on the central banking system.  Even prominent companies started to get in on the hype by creating blockchain solutions which were pretty much useless.  There are a few good coins and projects surrounded by junk.
cc80aa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:25:24 PM

Just for me, I am focusing in trading i like to study completely how to trade well i like to success in trading someday, right now i know little in trading but not so well i need study more about it.study and study to fullfill our knowledge.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

It's a nice cartoon picture good for marketing. Well, that's the problem now most of the people they don't even know what they are investing for, and what is really mean of blockchain and cryptocurrencies of its characteristics that there are pros and cons. They think that when they are invested they are easily enriched in cryptocurrency. Research first before engaging in investment and lack of knowledge will be lost your capital, I think investing is crypto is the easiest way of making money if you know how to handle with it.
ngalamunan

Activity: 332
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:42:40 AM

'What is blockchain?' 'I don't know '!  Cheesy Cheesy This definitely cracked me up! In as much as it is a joke,  it still have a very stong meaning backing it up. It's so unfortunate that a lot of people are merely talking about blockchain but still yet they don't know what it truly means. Some just want to flow with the latest topic just because of the fear of being left out.
That's true, some people who came to this place just for investing, no matter what parentage of the investment place he has chosen, their focus is only getting profit. As far as when the crash came they only see on the price and they gone and sell all the assets they have, if he has got a big loss. However, for those who know the parentage of cryptocurrency and till they know blockchain clearly, so there is no anxiety for them to sell their assets in a loss, just hold and leave the price prediction.
of course many people who come to this place just want to invest to get a profit. but they don't think about the nature of the loss they have to experience. in my opinion this year we have to focus on the market price that is going to go down unnoticed.
Simsonie

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:09:04 AM

It seems to be funny picture but it is true. people tend to invest in cryptocurrency but not all of them know much about it. Their end goal is money.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:14:27 AM

You will really not last here as an investor if you will be only rising the hype, you should also know the risks and the things that may affect the price of Bitcoin in the future or in the near future.

A lot of investors invested of Bitcoin before it reached it's ATH last year which is so close to $20K. If we will be following the price chart and we will be basing the price to it's behaviour annually, we are expecting a huge pump this year. The price are still stagnant at $6K which I think making a lot of investors disappointed since it is not making any great movements the last couple of months but we all know that these coming months will be the crucial one since this is when most of the ATH happens in the year.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:51:24 PM

The Blockchain is so simple and yet 90% of the people still don't understand how it works.
It's just a bunch of independent computers,who verify transactions by solving complex math tasks.
For that work (solving complex math tasks),they get rewarded with bitcoins.This is also known as bitcoin mining.I guess that this is the most simple explanation of all times. Grin
Great drawing, by the way.
Because the only thing that comes to mind when it comes to blockchain technology and cryptocurrency is getting rich overnight, and people usually do not tend to want to know the nitty-gritty of what the blockchain technology itself is all about.

I understand that not every person can be tech savvies and a lot of people find it very hard to even be able to understand some certain terms about the blockchain technology or have the capacity to wrap their heads around all the various meanings and blah. And in that case, they would likely just blend with the idea, as long as people say it is good and it is the future, then I follow put Grin
tadpole_bitfrog

Activity: 464
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:54:27 PM

it's so funny. That's why many traders fail to invest. When they do not understand blockchain technology, they certainly will not know what to invest in and what to get better mentally. The market goes down. Disruptions occur a lot because traders lack this knowledge. Grin

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: