Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Auroracoin in free fall  (Read 2272 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

you knew it had to happen at some point ... now how low will it go ?
warlogna

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:37:02 PM

The real question is now that it's back to where it was two days ago, will it spike again before the drop date?

SPIN THE WHEEL
st1ngray

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:54:07 PM

I can already see some people very upset about the dump, Kind of fun to watch  Grin
username here

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:57:07 PM

"Tokens of dubious value were purchased today for less than they were purchased yesterday"

PyroClasTix

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:04:22 PM

So many people who panic at every drop.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:14:22 PM

what ... you wait for the flood before you panic?
TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:37:27 PM

There's still time for a lot of pumps and dumps but maybe not to 0.16
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:51:26 PM

LOL  WTF people don't REALLY want to give hundreds of millions to a bunch of strangers  Smiley  never saw that coming.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:18:00 PM

It's funny, the two closely linked best current coins (AUR and MZC) are in a spectacular freefall with some very intriguing numbers. Alas, that is the nature of the Pump and Dump...How low will it go? I personally prescribe to the 1/16th rule:

AUR: High of 0.17 BTC with a 24 hour-mark value that after ATH went to ~0.09. Using the 1/16th rule, probably a crest of a round 0.011-0.014 at the absolute lowest before following a different type of trend. Do I think it can rebound back to 1/2 of its high (0.085) from where it is right now? Sure. Will it sustain that? I would be surprised.

MZC: High of 0.17 mBTC, with a 24 hour-mark value after ATH that went to about ~0.09 mBTC. Using the 1/16th rule, likely a crest of 0.011-0.014 mBTC. Same other comments as with AUR.

Once again, both of these coins were hyped, pumped, dumped and now it's in a consistent short-term downward trend. Kinda like a lot of other coins in the alt-scene. Isn't it funny how they both hit a high-target and a 24 hour mark value that were nearly identical? Oh well, happy coincidence right?

PyroClasTix

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

what ... you wait for the flood before you panic?
I can handle a flood. A tsunami is what worries me.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

It's funny, the two closely linked best current coins (AUR and MZC) are in a spectacular freefall with some very intriguing numbers. Alas, that is the nature of the Pump and Dump...How low will it go? I personally prescribe to the 1/16th rule:

AUR: High of 0.17 BTC with a 24 hour-mark value that after ATH went to ~0.09. Using the 1/16th rule, probably a crest of a round 0.011-0.014 at the absolute lowest before following a different type of trend. Do I think it can rebound back to 1/2 of its high (0.085) from where it is right now? Sure. Will it sustain that? I would be surprised.

MZC: High of 0.17 mBTC, with a 24 hour-mark value after ATH that went to about ~0.09 mBTC. Using the 1/16th rule, likely a crest of 0.011-0.014 mBTC. Same other comments as with AUR.

Once again, both of these coins were hyped, pumped, dumped and now it's in a consistent short-term downward trend. Kinda like a lot of other coins in the alt-scene. Isn't it funny how they both hit a high-target and a 24 hour mark value that were nearly identical? Oh well, happy coincidence right?

sharp market analysis
drippx

Activity: 539
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:34:55 PM

Thats the nature of the market and btc/alt currencies they go up and down and upp and down etc. nothing new really
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:48:54 PM

Thats the nature of the market and btc/alt currencies they go up and down and upp and down etc. nothing new really

Personally I expected the coin to take a dive far earlier than it did, so I'm pleased to see it outperform my expectations, now let's see how low it will go.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:04:34 PM

Most of all altcoins older than a month are dropping. it's because people hopping from one new altcoin ipo to another by selling older altcoins just to make some little ( sometimes more than a little ) profits with the new ones.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:20:49 PM

Most of all altcoins older than a month are dropping. it's because people hopping from one new altcoin ipo to another by selling older altcoins just to make some little ( sometimes more than a little ) profits with the new ones.
This is why coins need to be designed for the end user, not the fucking miners.

Imagine if all Apple cared about was that the little Chinese fingers snapping my iPhone together were happy.. I'd be a pretty pissed off customer.

If you're interest in developing or investing in a coin that is not made for miners to pump and dump, please PM me.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:28:15 PM

LOL  WTF people don't REALLY want to give hundreds of millions to a bunch of strangers  Smiley  never saw that coming.
+1 Hahaha

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Armis (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:45:24 PM

This is why coins need to be designed for the end user, not the fucking miners.

+1
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:25:11 PM

LOL  WTF people don't REALLY want to give hundreds of millions to a bunch of strangers  Smiley  never saw that coming.
+1 Hahaha

Yup MAZACOIN is next
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:37:44 PM

Very interesting. Glad I passed on that bs scam coin.

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:19:35 AM

Very interesting. Glad I passed on that bs scam coin.

Wow altcoins were pumped and then dumped by people trying to make a quick buck. So I guess we should all immediately presume that the coin is in and of itself a "scam coin." I am still shocked to see so many people that choose to throw that term around without any sense of the damage that it does to the perception people have about crypto. It is almost as bad as the scam coins themselves. Newsflash, ANY coin no matter what the merits or good/bad intentions of the devs can be pumped/dumped. Know what your are referring to before speaking. There are dozens of examples that would support what seems to be the strong possibility that the dev of Auroracoin is well intentioned. Scrutinize it, but if you can't do your homework before crying "scamcoin" then you might as well pack your bags and leave. Because there is no sense remaining in a building that you helped set on fire.  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: