Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:09:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you sponsor this initiative?
Yes - 4 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Wouldn't trust it - 0 (0%)
Other ( explain in post ) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeding the homeless bitcoin publicity  (Read 416 times)
Sonny91BE (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:55:32 PM

Hey there guys,

My name is Sonny and I'm just one of the users that browses bitcointalk everyday. I'm an average investor and believer in Bitcoin.

I've been having this big idea in my head for a long time now and it's time for it to hatch!  I always wanted to help those who are less fortunate then us. Ofcourse this doesn't really take a lot of effort. You cna simple donate some money to a charity and they will help out people in need ! that's not the kind of charity I ment. When we walk around in our cities people barely notice all the homeless people sitting on the street. Half of the people that they look at are disgusted with them. Some people are kind enough and give them some spare money. Whatever circumstances brought these people in their current situation, I feel like I want to make a small difference for these people. I know that I cannot change who they are or help them shift the earth ! What I can do is put a smile on their faces and make them feel good inside for a short moment. For me this is worth a lot too. Being acknowledged means something ..

You can start a big discussion thread about this subject but that's not the point of why I'm making this post ! So I ask you not to spam this thread with useless content which I won't answer anyway.

The idea:  I want to raise a small amount of bitcoin and use it to feed and cloth some homeless people.If possible I'll convert the bitcoin in a supermarket or store where I can actually pay with the bitcoins. If I fail at doing this then I will just convert to fiat and use the money to buy at a local market. I want to record this and promote bitcoin with it. In the beginning of the video I will mention that I was able to do all of this thanks to bitcoin donations and I'll show myself ( if possible ) paying in the store for the goods with my bitcoins. After that I will record all the people who I can reach and record their reactions. I want to prepare a good meal for them but I haven't yet decided ( depends on donations ) what I will reach out as food. This video will be put on youtube and will find its purpose to put bitcoin in a good daylight. Too much bad news is coming out and I believe that content as this proves that there is always a good side to everything !

I myself am a citizen of Belgium and I wanted to do this in my or any close related country ( was thinking about Paris maybe too, a lot of homeless people there ).
I make this topic as a test to see if my idea has some back up from a few people. I'm aiming for a rough 1000 USD donations here so that's a bit less then 2 BTC.
I also need a companion if possible to help me set everything up and record the video for me. Someone with good editting skills is also nice if someone would react.

Don't flame or hate me. this is a personal project and I thought it would be a good idea to combine it with the currency that I believe in which is bitcoin that's all !

Kind regards,
Sonny

positive and constructive feedback is always welcome !
HorseCoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:18:03 PM

maybe homeless people need more Xanax so they have the courage to go into a Police Station and ask for help
Redgy

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:41:08 PM

I agree that it would be a kind thing and some good BTC promotion Smiley
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:56:32 PM