Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:57:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What coins to lock away for a 6yr old and hodl for 12 years  (Read 110 times)
juzzac (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:10:34 PM

Please help me to decide which coins would be the best long term hodl for my 6 year old son, we are planning to spend 10k on 5-10 coins for his birthday and store them on a nano s and then give it to him on his 18th birthday with the goal of him having a deposit for his first home.

What would you suggest to be most successful long term ?
Jamboo30

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:23:08 PM

The question is hard to answer because there is no certainty in Crypto. $ 10k is not a small amount, so I think if you decide to invest, the best way is to invest in TOP5 coin in coinmarketcap. These tokens have proven its value over the past few years, and I think it will grow strongly in the future

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
juzzac (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:38:56 PM

Hi Jamboo30,
Thanks for your suggestion !!!
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 07:42:42 PM

I will suggest you to diversify and put maximum in the big coins, like btc and eth and small amounts in other good ones like neo, eos, ada, icx, dash etc. Ideal investment could be 70% in btc and eth and 5% each in other good ones.

pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:48:16 PM

Please help me to decide which coins would be the best long term hodl for my 6 year old son, we are planning to spend 10k on 5-10 coins for his birthday and store them on a nano s and then give it to him on his 18th birthday with the goal of him having a deposit for his first home.

What would you suggest to be most successful long term ?

For me, its a simple question, this is just my personal take of course, but looking on the CMC, just focus on the top 10 listed there, and then you decide which is best for you to invest and hold.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:07:30 PM

That is a very good step for your success in the future, I strongly believe that surviving for a long time it would be better to buy at a very low price like today, the most important thing is to choose the coin that I think is the top 20, yes maybe you can buy famous coins like ADA, TRX, XRP, ETH, the rest you can find to analyze better than various famous coins.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

EOS would be a great choice of coin for hodling and also Matrix Ai Network since they are both infrastructure coins they will emerge like ETH in the future since they are still developing their network it would be a great long term investment for you
MB2017

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

Diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 08:19:14 PM

It's hard to say what happens to crypto after 12 years now. Major growth of crypto we saw in just last some two to three years. For the long-term, in my opinion, good choice are BTC, ETH, EOS, XLM, and Monero. Can go for the Ripple also.  Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:23:31 PM

Bitbay  for sure

others to consider

blocknet
komodo
pivx
byteball
litecoin

of course you should do research of your own accord

there are other interesting new designs but already they seem to have huge caps

these are ones that I believe are going to make good investments based on extensive research

edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:28:34 PM

In my opinion, I will say, XRP, EOS and HYDRO. They all look decent with each having a great product and team behind it but their usability and growth signs. HYDRO is very cheap now and could easily get to $1 in the next 4-6 years making you massive profits. You can equally decide to split your investments between the 3 projects and hold for a sizeable profits in the near future. However, the choice is yours and you should do some deep research before settling on a final decision.
Rhshahindiana

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:34:15 PM

Buy BTC and keep holding it for how much ever long, it ll give u value or ETH or ripple, if altcoins are concerned, I guess Hydro, TRX, cardano are the coins u can hold for long and would give u a very good value for it in the long term as investment

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:37:52 PM

There are few coin out there apart from bitcoin  that intend to stay long and strong in realising their vision and purpose to which they were made. I found out Spectre (sxdt) has a long term approach and planning to the growth and development of their platform.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:41:26 PM

I think its hard to predict so far in the future because everything is extremely volatile and its hard to say what will survive or not. However, I think Bitcoin has still got a long way to go. I also feel the same about EOS, XRP maybe as well. Feel free to share your opinions.
Sylvial

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:43:35 PM

I'll suggest the following coins, but don't take it as an investment advise as you still need to do your own research;

1. Bitcoin
2. ETH
3. Storiqa
4. Monero
5. LTC
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 08:48:36 PM

I would only recommend bitcoin the moment. Truly decentralized,the cryptocurrencies and will always likely to have a sentimental value attached to it, therefore likely to be a good store of value long term. It is also of huge interest to big financial institutions who are only likely to invest in something that has a long term value
tomsoier

Activity: 784
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 08:52:58 PM

It will be hard for you to choose coins to invest for such a long time because many coins can disappear after 12 years. Technologies are developing continuously and each subsequent coin will exceed the previous one. Based on this, I would recommend investing the main amount in bitcoin, as at the moment it is the guarantor of the industry, and the rest of the money is divided between the coins from the top 10.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: