Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 34021 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:04:39 AM

Also, how have I never seen the Mr. Rogers giving the finger .gif? That was mildly shocking.

I know, right?  I've been waiting all night to use it.  Just gave up and posted it.  Devinate keeper.
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:07:29 AM

Hah, I deleted that bit by accident and couldn't remember what I said, yet you managed to capture it  Smiley

Yeah, that gif is rather good...
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:07:40 AM

How about you address the real concern I presented

How about you address my original question in my first post ?
I don't have an issue with valid technical criticism of KGW or anything else. I do have an issue with moralists  intentionally causing other people financial harm, whether it is undertaken as a strategy to shape behavior or because they have failed at technical persuasion and have no other means at their disposal to get what they want.
anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:13:22 AM

How about you address the real concern I presented
I do have an issue with moralists  intentionally causing other people financial harm, whether it is undertaken as a strategy to shape behavior or because they have failed at technical persuasion and have no other means at their disposal to get what they want.

Hey about moralists that intentionally cause people financial harm.  Does that include subpar developers that produce exploits because of bad software design, or the inability to correct said flaws before the hole is exploited.

If a upright citizen reports to a bank manager that the back door does not have a lock of it, does the bank manager call the police to arrest the citizen, or does he go out and buy a goddamned lock?
efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:14:56 AM

You mean your question about bombs? Sorry, I am not a bomb expert.

Sarcasm aside, it seems you do not understand that the majority of (new) people on this forum are not interested in facts or technicalities, they are merely looking for a quick pump to dump some coins on a witless fool.

Not only are they uninterested, they are incapable of making an informed decision as to who is actually telling the truth. Eventually, some sort of practical implementation of a concept is required to validate a theory.

Do I feel sorry for the people that invested fiat (or valid crypto) into a HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL altcoin that should never have matured beyond testnet? Slightly, however I think they are fully aware of the risks and

they have received warning. That's the most you can ask for around here.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:17:33 AM

I am going to go back to #clojure and #haskell and let somebody else tuck you kids into bed.
Don't fuck with real blockchains please.
efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:20:18 AM

That's exactly what has and should be done. Screw around with them, test them. That's how you establish confidence.

Hashtags? I've never used a hashtag...You're pretty 'trendy' for an antiquity  Smiley
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:23:48 AM

That's exactly what has and should be done. Screw around with them, test them. That's how you establish confidence.

Hashtags? I've never used a hashtag...You're pretty 'trendy' for an antiquity  Smiley

IRC is trendy again all of a sudden because hashtags have come back into fashion?

I think its a long time since IRC was limited to 140-character lines though, if indeed it ever was.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
anderl

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:23:59 AM

Hashtags? I've never used a hashtag...You're pretty 'trendy' for an antiquity  Smiley

efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:55:12 AM

I can never tell if people are talking about IRC or damned twitter...In this case, possibly the former, though I think you'll find '#haskell' could apply to g+, twitter or IRC....

What did the pound/number sign ever do to deserve such treatment?

And yes, IRC seems to have recovered somewhat in popularity recently (last several years).  

Anyways, back to the KGW testing.
Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:01:10 AM

prices soar to all new highs as BitcoinEXpress joins the AUR security team!! to the moon!!!!

can anyone explain better how this exploit works? ive deduced there is time-warping involved, and that the goal is to hijack a coin and print tons of coins while no one else can because the diff is all low and stuff.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
efx

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:04:58 AM

Now now, you probably didn't deduce the time warp aspect, BCX gave that away for free   Wink

I would also be interested in further detail.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:24:32 AM

I'm whining? Isn't your sole purpose in this thread whining?

I'm here expressing my opinion, formed from watching crypto for over three years. I have every right to judge you and support anyone that exposes your behavior (and the behavior of people like you).

Ding!

Ah, I see you edited...Ask BCX what my opinion is on valid altcoins...You are the ones who have tainted the name 'altcoin'

There is nothing to taint there and there was nothing
An altcoin is by definition a shitty clone:)

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
dailyarsenal

To The Moon!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:29:19 AM

Do your thing BCX! We all love it... well at least i do. lol

BTC: 13Yg1PwgBFTxyKpGY3393jDJeqNTFNijjH | HOBO: hXzbM3jzvYxrFts7y9zTwmLUJLyw2RYQM | WARNING: Pre-mine or IPO without escrow = SCAM
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:31:59 AM

Well , sincerely I would love to see that experiment , but ,
Why the hell aurora?

The coin is pretty fu** up at the moment , with blocks averaging 8/12 hours sometimes.
KGW will be deployed by block 5200 , so looking on how blocks are mined , not just I , the whole store will run out of popcorn till then.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:38:35 AM

Now now, you probably didn't deduce the time warp aspect, BCX gave that away for free   Wink

A blast from the blast from that genius kid ArtForz.

I wonder what ever happened to him ? ? ?

~BCX~

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43692.msg521772#msg521772

thanks, its almost as complicated as actual time-travel Cheesy I think I get it tho.

but I don't understand this part:

Now here's the weird part, we retarget after blocks 3, 7, 11, 15, and for block 3 we use 0 as first and 3 as last, for 7 we use 4 as first and 7 as last, ...
so what happens if an attackers chain has blk timestamps like this:
Code:
blk#  0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12  13  14  15
time  0   1   2  30   4   5   6  70   8   9  10 110  12  13  14 150
?
first period (#3 - #0) is 30s as before
2nd period is (#7 - #4) ... 66s
3rd period is (#11 - #8) ... 104s

what does minusing #4 from #7 have to do with it? why does it use only the timestamps from particular blocks to calc the diff adjustment?
how can u do less work but do more work? its because its not counting all the work its skipping some and only counting others towards the adjustment/ ?

plz excuse my ultra nub

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Nite69

Activity: 477

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:42:50 AM

A blast from the blast from that genius kid ArtForz.

I wonder what ever happened to him ? ? ?

~BCX~

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43692.msg521772#msg521772

thanks, its almost as complicated as actual time-travel Cheesy I think I get it tho.

but I don't understand this part:

Now here's the weird part, we retarget after blocks 3, 7, 11, 15, and for block 3 we use 0 as first and 3 as last, for 7 we use 4 as first and 7 as last, ...
so what happens if an attackers chain has blk timestamps like this:
Code:
blk#  0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12  13  14  15
time  0   1   2  30   4   5   6  70   8   9  10 110  12  13  14 150
?
first period (#3 - #0) is 30s as before
2nd period is (#7 - #4) ... 66s
3rd period is (#11 - #8) ... 104s

what does minusing #4 from #7 have to do with it? why does it use only the timestamps from particular blocks to calc the diff adjustment?
how can u do less work but do more work? its because its not counting all the work its skipping some and only counting others towards the adjustment/ ?

plz excuse my ultra nub

Isn't this fixed, if the code walks throught the timescale and takes oldest and newest block (not lowest and highest) to calculate the time diff?

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
niothor

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:47:07 AM

None of this may happen at all. It appears there is communication via reddit from the aur dev. He may not deploy kgw in light of bcx. Looks like they may have to come up with another solution to the diff adj issue. This coin is getting more and more messed up by the minute and unfortunately, yes, it appears I will be a bag holder if it dies.

Sounds interesting from a guy that isn't bothered at all that it takes 12 hours to mine 8 blocks.
Can you share the reddit link?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 07:09:13 AM

Son, I was writing unix device drivers while you were still pissing your pants.

My dad said the same thing back in '98 when I tried to get him to get DSL and ditch AOL dial up after I told him he didn't understand modern computers. You must be an antique which explains why you have this overwhelming misunderstanding of what constitutes a crime and what doesn't.

~BCX~

hey look, i don't have to prove anything to anybody. Why don't you tone down the rhetoric. What you are planning to do is essentially to cause financial harm to unknown people by exploiting a vulnerability in AUR. That's the bottom line here. In my mind, that's criminal activity.

That's just plain short sightedness. See the larger picture. The millions that were vanished from Gox and all the other thefts from here and there.... what do you think that is going to achieve? I for one is going to bet that another Gox will not happen.... that's the beauty of the free market. Its designed to evolve, to be better at everything. If there is a vulnuerability, it must be exploited and profited from, otherwise in the longer run, people will not have any incentive to check and recheck for security holes. The prisoners are always on the lookout for ways to escape and the one who escapes is "rewarded" with the freedom and in the longer run is helping the prison become more secure by tracing back the escape plan, methods used, etc and plugging that hole permanently.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
yak

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 07:11:33 AM

#failure

http://cryptogeeks.com - up to the microsecond cryptocurrency news and advice from angry basement dwelling nerds
http://twitter.com/cryptogeeks
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: