Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:36:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 34021 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:28:10 AM

Son, I was writing unix device drivers while you were still pissing your pants.

My dad said the same thing back in '98 when I tried to get him to get DSL and ditch AOL dial up after I told him he didn't understand modern computers. You must be an antique which explains why you have this overwhelming misunderstanding of what constitutes a crime and what doesn't.

~BCX~

hey look, i don't have to prove anything to anybody. Why don't you tone down the rhetoric. What you are planning to do is essentially to cause financial harm to unknown people by exploiting a vulnerability in AUR. That's the bottom line here. In my mind, that's criminal activity.

That's just plain short sightedness. See the larger picture. The millions that were vanished from Gox and all the other thefts from here and there.... what do you think that is going to achieve? I for one is going to bet that another Gox will not happen.... that's the beauty of the free market. Its designed to evolve, to be better at everything. If there is a vulnuerability, it must be exploited and profited from, otherwise in the longer run, people will not have any incentive to check and recheck for security holes. The prisoners are always on the lookout for ways to escape and the one who escapes is "rewarded" with the freedom and in the longer run is helping the prison become more secure by tracing back the escape plan, methods used, etc and plugging that hole permanently.

amen brother, failure is what drives, motivates, & ultimately leads to, success!

akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:34:15 AM

Son, I was writing unix device drivers while you were still pissing your pants.

My dad said the same thing back in '98 when I tried to get him to get DSL and ditch AOL dial up after I told him he didn't understand modern computers. You must be an antique which explains why you have this overwhelming misunderstanding of what constitutes a crime and what doesn't.

~BCX~

hey look, i don't have to prove anything to anybody. Why don't you tone down the rhetoric. What you are planning to do is essentially to cause financial harm to unknown people by exploiting a vulnerability in AUR. That's the bottom line here. In my mind, that's criminal activity.

That's just plain short sightedness. See the larger picture. The millions that were vanished from Gox and all the other thefts from here and there.... what do you think that is going to achieve? I for one is going to bet that another Gox will not happen.... that's the beauty of the free market. Its designed to evolve, to be better at everything. If there is a vulnuerability, it must be exploited and profited from, otherwise in the longer run, people will not have any incentive to check and recheck for security holes. The prisoners are always on the lookout for ways to escape and the one who escapes is "rewarded" with the freedom and in the longer run is helping the prison become more secure by tracing back the escape plan, methods used, etc and plugging that hole permanently.

amen brother, failure is what drives, motivates, & ultimately leads to, success!

Unless it cripples you.. but we all know that can't happen right? /sarcasm

But in all honesty with the resources AuroraCoin had.. they should of done much better than they did.

I'm glad to see them fall given their market manipulation tactics alone.
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:12:18 AM

Unless it cripples you.. but we all know that can't happen right? /sarcasm

Sure it can, and if I get burnt, I get to be accountable for that. My next decision would be wiser and more researched, etc. Everyone comes into the crypto world knowing the risks... even the noobs Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Crypt Keeper

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:42:35 AM

Pretty Bold Stuff Going on here, the truth of the Matter is that A lot of people would loose Coin From this.

BitcoinEXpress if you have the Exploit, the even more Important innovation for all of us, would be the Solution, and the Wizest move here would be to Hand Everyone the Solution and Then You would most likely benefit More as well.

You have to admit that AUR brings in new people to the scene and Gives a Good Representation of what any of these Coins have to offer, the fact that an Entire Body of people can benefit from a Coin like for Iceland just goes to show that more nations will be Accepting the Movement, Exploits and hostile takeovers are not ever going to help any of the coins out, especially BTC I say at this point, all BTC fans need to be minding their Ps and Qs, we dont want anymore bad press, jeez.

I just wanted to throw in my two cents here, If I was AUR dev, I would try to get with you about the specifics in the Exploit.

You Should have the Solution as Well? Yes, No?

Cheers to the Crypto World - I am one to work towards Making Everyone Happy around here,.. And Protective sometimes if need be, right -

K

southerncross

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:40:12 AM

Pretty Bold Stuff Going on here, the truth of the Matter is that A lot of people would loose Coin From this.

BitcoinEXpress if you have the Exploit, the even more Important innovation for all of us, would be the Solution, and the Wizest move here would be to Hand Everyone the Solution and Then You would most likely benefit More as well.

You have to admit that AUR brings in new people to the scene and Gives a Good Representation of what any of these Coins have to offer, the fact that an Entire Body of people can benefit from a Coin like for Iceland just goes to show that more nations will be Accepting the Movement, Exploits and hostile takeovers are not ever going to help any of the coins out, especially BTC I say at this point, all BTC fans need to be minding their Ps and Qs, we dont want anymore bad press, jeez.

I just wanted to throw in my two cents here, If I was AUR dev, I would try to get with you about the specifics in the Exploit.

Cheers to the Crypto World - I am one to work towards Making Everyone Happy around here,.. And Protective sometimes if need be, right -

K

A big + 1 to that.

Instead of a big turkey slapping match from holier than though types why not a silent behind the scenes approach alerting the dev's to possible problems ? .... and a fix on offer Huh

The question has to be asked, is this more to do with ego/s than anything else ? If not then why post a supposed warning where SFA of the holders of said coin will see it ?

Surely with all the infinite knowledge and skill on display there are better way's to go about such " Testing" than hurting the holders.... It's not like the dev will suffer at all if the suppositions made on this thread are true.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:46:59 AM

K

Pretty bold and useless stuff for a guy that just made the account and jumped right on commenting here.
Bag holder much?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Cryptokk

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:11:31 AM

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins.

~BCX~

So, you are publicly announcing that you intend to engage in an activity that could result in arbitrary financial loss to people unknown, by willfully exploiting a weakness in an altcoin ?

How is this different than planting a bomb in a public place, warning everyone that you have done so, and assuring them that if they don't clear the area immediately they could get hurt or die ?

~Wow~

The difference is: if their is a weakness in the KGW, many coins are concerned. Is it better to place the bomb now or later when more peoples will be around ?
Nite69

Activity: 477
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:11:58 AM

Would they? I have understood that all that one could do is to cease transactions. With exploits like this, one cannot steal money, just prevent moving them. Or am I wrong at this?

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
ghur

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:16:36 AM

I don;t think you have the balls to test Mazacoin.  You still haven't prove you can 51% attack any coin.  I keep asking for blockchain proof and yo never produce it.  Well, I'm calling you out.  You have a change to once and for all prove you can 51% attack a coin with Mazacoin,  if you can't do it in the next 24 hours, hell 48 hours then I will reply to every post you do on bitcointalk about how you can't 51% attack any coin even though you say to can.  Jackass.

I have no reason to attack Mazacoin.

The devs of GME as well as several other coins know different. You might want to actually check before you post.

Let's put some skin in this challenge since I know you're a self proclaimed high roller.

Lets find a trusted escrow, I propose maybe Saltyspitoon and each deposit 100 BTC, hell make it 250 BTC if you have the nut.

If I don't pull off the Auroracoin KGW Time Warp, you keep it all. If I do and I will, I will keep it all.

(please note, I'm mocking you in the next sentence)
If you can't do it in 24 hours, hell 48 hours then I will reply to every post you make on Bitcointalk on exactly how BCX punked your ass.

So either put up or shut the fuck up.

~BCX~

FYI, I really don't give a flying fuck what you post about me. You're just another bcx obsessed fan as far as I am concerned LOL

Posting to subscribe to this thread Cheesy

brb, putting up some popcorn buy orders.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
brille

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:50:56 AM

So, what happens? What's next?

Can someone please explain why people are so mad and angry at these coins?
Why can't we all just be friends?

If someone finds an exploit; prove it in a sandbox, present the findings to the public, and let the community solve the problem.
You know.. that scientific, no-bullshit, no-harm-done-to-innocents way. Don't be an asshole, just because you can.

And also, the the idea of launching a cryptocurrency for an entire country, giving them the chance to move away from the FIAT system (which we all love so much), is something we all should try and help with.
You know, Fix the fucking coin, don't break it.

Even if this is a scam, and Baldur Friggjar Odinsson sells his mother in a hand-basket with all his pre-mined coins the day before the airdrop, it doesn't really matter!
Sure, the price will drop and everyone gets sad, turns to prostitution, drugs and all-week-viewings of "Plan Nine from outer space", but the Idea is still there and so are the people rooting for it.
They are hyped and building connections to make this coin work.

I think a general "Fuck You" is in order, to all of those who wants to see idealistic currency like this and Maza to break.

ghur

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:55:29 AM

You must be new here Smiley

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:58:02 AM

Spot on:
brille
Brand new

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:00:39 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha... I was thinking the same exact thing.... of course enhanced by the visual of a  bunch of people holding hands and singing "Heal the World"   Wink

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
brille

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:02:46 PM

Yes, a new one.. holy mother of god.. say it ain't so!
ghur

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:05:52 PM

Well.. welcome to this wonderful cesspool where every other post is a scam, troll or insult about your mother's above average weight Smiley

Grab some popcorn because BitcoinEXpress is giving us a show.

brille

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:15:22 PM

Well.. welcome to this wonderful cesspool where every other post is a scam, troll or insult about your mother's above average weight Smiley

Grab some popcorn because BitcoinEXpress is giving us a show.

Thanks, I got myself a bucket of popcorn when the bets started, I'm just trying to do my share of dealing out the fuck you's..
Just hoping to hit something more than a couple of fourteen year old's who fucks my mother on a regular basis..

Well, here's to being a naive old woman..!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:42:47 PM

I think a general "Fuck You" is in order, to all of those who wants to see idealistic currency like this and Maza to break.

Yup, the missed-the-train syndrome can get the worst out of people. Especially from already narcissist great self-entitlement types who just hate others having success.

Also, another general observation, if you were lucky enough to go all-in with your whole net worth of 100 DOLLARS when BTC was at $0.01, that doesn't make you an investment genius.
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:37:35 PM

As some of you know one of my interest is in testing the security of cryptocoins. Over the past 4 years I have "tested" so many I have lost count but one thing remains true. No matter what the so called improvement is, it always has an exploit.

Kimoto Gravity Well is one such improvement that solves a problem that AUR is having at the moment and that is moving at the speed of death as well purportedly protects against 51%. While KGW does protect somewhat against a 51% attack, it opens up a huge hole in the time warp exploit via the diff adjust first deployed against Geist Geld back in mid 2011 and a modded versions used last year on a few Scrypt coins and SHA coins with great success.

Long story short, KGW opens up a flank where a newly modded Time Warp Exploit can be deployed. I have sandbox tested it on AUR and it seems to do the trick in grand fashion but that is with a small amount of nethash in the sandbox. I need a live chain to test it on. So considering the vast amount of request I have received to take out this 50% premine scam, I thought it would be a good candidate to test on.

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins. In particular, my ol' buddy Kelsey lost a ton last year in GME LOL. Block 5400 or when ever KGW kicks in will be the starting point. This will give all of you enough time to either cold store your AUR or dump them until the chain is fixed, if it can be after the test.

~BCX~

This post is above my pay grade.  I am not really sure what the incentive is for you to exploit/tank AUR ?  To my knowledge you cannot short the coin, so there is no real financial gain in bringing it down.  What if the premined coins really are set aside to help folks in a financial bind ?  Why attack a coin that is supposed to give AID ?  How about attacking coins like SexCoin, TittyCoin, PotCoin, or Dope Coin why AUR ?  

Maybe you can do what you say and maybe you cannot--I am not well informed one way or the other to comment on that skill set

BCX, let me find out you are this guy in sun glasses grabbing the mic
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f51_1392395809

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:49:59 PM

As some of you know one of my interest is in testing the security of cryptocoins. Over the past 4 years I have "tested" so many I have lost count but one thing remains true. No matter what the so called improvement is, it always has an exploit.

Kimoto Gravity Well is one such improvement that solves a problem that AUR is having at the moment and that is moving at the speed of death as well purportedly protects against 51%. While KGW does protect somewhat against a 51% attack, it opens up a huge hole in the time warp exploit via the diff adjust first deployed against Geist Geld back in mid 2011 and a modded versions used last year on a few Scrypt coins and SHA coins with great success.

Long story short, KGW opens up a flank where a newly modded Time Warp Exploit can be deployed. I have sandbox tested it on AUR and it seems to do the trick in grand fashion but that is with a small amount of nethash in the sandbox. I need a live chain to test it on. So considering the vast amount of request I have received to take out this 50% premine scam, I thought it would be a good candidate to test on.

Why am I giving notice? Simply because in the past when I use alt coin chains as test subjects, people tend to lose coins. In particular, my ol' buddy Kelsey lost a ton last year in GME LOL. Block 5400 or when ever KGW kicks in will be the starting point. This will give all of you enough time to either cold store your AUR or dump them until the chain is fixed, if it can be after the test.

~BCX~

Seriously...cold store my coins...are you fucking nuts?

haven't read all the pages but hoping this was an Iceland joke  ?

dismiss if not  : D

as per the whole thread:  ahh it is what it is , negligible effect. so called "Alts" have moved so far past BTC, BTC needs this.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Nite69

Activity: 477
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:15:17 PM

Hi BCX!

You seem to be quite open at your evilness ;-)

Would you tell the truth, if I asked would this protect against the attack you are planning?:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505243.0

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: