Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:10:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 34017 times)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:02:49 AM

I don't get it why the Aur supporters are so angry

1) If the threat is full of bullshit why are you so amd? It keeps the price low for you to acquire more due to FUD  and when the test will fail, the coin will rocket
2) If the exploit is real it's obvious that even if it isn't conducted by BCX somebody else will be able to do it. And if you know this and you still support the coin you're plain stupid.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

1) If the threat is full of bullshit why are you so amd? It keeps the price low for you to acquire more due to FUD  and when the test will fail, the coin will rocket
2) If the exploit is real it's obvious that even if it isn't conducted by BCX somebody else will be able to do it. And if you know this and you still support the coin you're plain stupid.

That is a fair statement Niothor. I'm not angry, just a little fed up with all the BS BCX keeps landing on these threads. If you look back at our discussions you can see I seriously and decently tried to reply to his assumptions over and over. Now it has become clear to me that it is in no way BCX's plan to do any constructive contribution what so ever, he's just in it for the attention.

And I'm really not wasting my valuable time bashing at his "wet farts", it just became one of my new hobbies Grin

I see that you have cured your allergies btw, congrats on that ;-)

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
French_Coin_Corporation

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:49:32 PM

Look...the guy has all the right in the world to cripple Auroracoin...its not illegal.  Auroracoin is not legal tender.

Even if some country wanted to try and indict him I doubt anyone one extradite him...so he is basically safe.

In the mean time I still haven't had anyone volunteer to give me any pointers on how to put my AUR into offline cold storage.

Just run a client on a virtual machine, or some old PC or laptop everyone has a pile of in their closets, send your coins to that wallet, (optionally:wait till they are there) and then turn it off.

Or just print a bunch of paper wallets and send your coins there. That's probably the easiest way.

You can see the private keys by going to your Aurora QT client console and typing 'dumpprivkey [public key]'

Then print these out on paper and send your coins to them.

Important note: You would want to do the generation of the new key(s) on an offline computer and delete the wallet.dat file when you are done.

J'adore le "tout simplement" Wink)
colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:49:54 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 02:00:57 PM by colinistheman

I wonder how damaging this will be for the crypto currency reputation with the public. ...
Probably not any more damaging than the other two dozen coins, pools or several exchanges I have wiped out over the past three years.
~BCX~
Just making a public copy of your statement.

You're missing the point here.  If he can destroy a block chain or an exchange or a pool, then they were doing it wrong and deserved to be destroyed.
This is a service that good security pays handsomely for.  It's called testing.  People who are afraid of testing are just those who fear that they have failed.  Testing means you can't keep your failure a secret any more and when you're asking people to trust you with their money that is a good thing.

^ Such a good point.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:56:30 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 03:58:29 PM by colinistheman

1) If the threat is full of bullshit why are you so mad? It keeps the price low for you to acquire more due to FUD  and when the test will fail, the coin will rocket

^ Exactly! Another man of intelligence and rationality. And in the case of #2 above, if someone else exploited AUR instead of BitcoinEXpress, it could be after the airdrop and imagine how many angry Icelanders you would have then. That would surely give AUR a worse name than if it was discovered and crushed now. The people of that country deserve a sound currency. So let's see if it holds up to the testing!

That is a fair statement Niothor. I'm not angry, just a little fed up with all the BS BCX keeps landing on these threads.
And I'm really not wasting my valuable time bashing at his "wet farts", it just became one of my new hobbies Grin

^ You are attracted to this thread like a fly goes to shit. Why do you keep coming back if you are so fed up? Just don't click on this thread! (Save us from your replies)

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:31:13 PM

I wonder how damaging this will be for the crypto currency reputation with the public. ...
Probably not any more damaging than the other two dozen coins, pools or several exchanges I have wiped out over the past three years.
~BCX~

You're missing the point here.  If he can destroy a block chain or an exchange or a pool, then they were doing it wrong and deserved to be destroyed.
This is a service that good security pays handsomely for.  It's called testing.  People who are afraid of testing are just those who fear that they have failed.  Testing means you can't keep your failure a secret any more and when you're asking people to trust you with their money that is a good thing.

^ Such a good point.

QFT. This is without any doubt a good thing.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

That is a fair statement Niothor. I'm not angry, just a little fed up with all the BS BCX keeps landing on these threads.

^ You are attracted to this thread like a fly goes to shit. Why do you keep coming back if you are so fed up? Just don't click on this thread! (Save us from your replies)

What, and miss out on all the fun? Grant a man his hobby mate! I even bought my selves some popcorn  Grin

And it's not the bullshit that attracts the flies, its the smell from all the wet farts!

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 03:16:06 PM

^ Exactly! Another man of intelligence and rationality. And in the case of #2 above, if someone else exploited AUR instead of BitcoinEXpress, it could be after the airdrop and imagine how many angry Icelanders you would have then. That would surely give AUR a worse name than if it was discovered and crushed now. The people of that country deserve a sound currency. So let's see if it holds up to the testing!

It's fairly apparent that LTEX is one of the AUR devs or closely related to the core team that only wants to get this chain to the air drop and make bank. They have no long term plans for this coin.

~BCX~

DEV? No sire!
Serious supporter of the initiative? Yes your highness
Maybe also in it to make a few bucks? Affirmative mon Generale!
In it for the long term? You bet ya!
After more than a week of trying decently, still taking you serious? Nope!

Lloydie

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:18:22 PM

if u want a hand stress testing let me know what to do.. im up for finding exploits and getting them fixed so crypto is stronger

That's just the point LTEX and the other AUR devs are trying to avoid. They want all of this quiet because this is a short term, pump and dump at air drop situation. It has been explained to them by a few people that they are going to massively "air drop" a large portion of coins into an known unsecure chain.

Why?

Because they want to launder the premine only.

There are no long term plans for AUR.

~BCX~
Seeing the world through your own crooked perspective. But do go ahead and stress test kgw, I'm interested in seeing any weaknesses pop up. Stratum exploit closed off and checkpoints will be in place. I doubt you can do any real damage.
Biggen

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:53:49 PM

I am a little confused on how someone can flagrantly flaunt the idea of purposely crippling a network and not be in prison.  Calling it a "stress test" or not doesn't mean it is any less or more legal.

You will end up picking a fight with the wrong person eventually...
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:14:44 PM

The question is not whether someone intends to take it down.  The question is whether it is constructed well enough to stay up anyway.  This is at least theoretically financial software here.  If someone's effort to take it down even matters, then it is worthless.

If someone can take it down then the stakeholders cannot rely on it being secure against thieves.  And more importantly, they NEVER could have relied on it being secure.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:40:16 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 05:03:59 PM by s1gs3gv

~BCX~

Well, now that some tard who can't win an honest argument loaded me up with malicious negative feedback, i'm reluctant to participate in this argument further. This forum is dominated by snakes, the criminally minded, the idle nouveau riche and the ignorant. I think all the good points have been made already.

But in passing, while I work on my article, let me just say that all the people claiming that ~BCX~ has a right to smash and grab AUR if AUR has exploitable weaknesses should man up and admit that they think that it would be ok for someone to do a smash and grab on a bank or a Brinks van because it illustrates weaknesses in bank security.

~~TDFN~~
IB

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:01:53 PM

If you could spare the time, would you answer my questions, BCX?

How would you see this happen, in order for it to be something trustworthy in your view? What would you consider a trusted third party escrow?
Is there no way to test this, without damage, from where you could constructively aid the developer in strengthening the code? (this is an actual question)

I'm sure you wouldn't be inclined to help something you don't trust, but as I read it, your only objection is the airdrop... Should you know the plan behind the airdrop, or the airdrop take place with the use of an escrow, would that change your mind?
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:04:12 PM

I am a little confused on how someone can flagrantly flaunt the idea of purposely crippling a network and not be in prison.  Calling it a "stress test" or not doesn't mean it is any less or more legal.

You will end up picking a fight with the wrong person eventually...

AFAIKT it is all just braggadocio and posing. There is no evidence anywhere (other than anecdotal) that he has done, or is capable of doing, any of the things he claims or threatens.

~~^^^~~
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 06:08:43 PM

If you could spare the time, would you answer my questions, BCX?

How would you see this happen, in order for it to be something trustworthy in your view? What would you consider a trusted third party escrow?
Is there no way to test this, without damage, from where you could constructively aid the developer in strengthening the code? (this is an actual question)

I'm sure you wouldn't be inclined to help something you don't trust, but as I read it, your only objection is the airdrop... Should you know the plan behind the airdrop, or the airdrop take place with the use of an escrow, would that change your mind?

Spare your energy my friend. He only answers to things he can use to grow his Ego. Your questions are to legit and already sensibly answered many times already, but he just keeps ignoring them. There is one thing he does in a briljant matter though:

Lloydie

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:23:58 PM

Ltex, if you are reading this, go checkout modded kgw implementation at darkcoin. Will put an end to kgw speculation. Bcx can test his theories on another lesser valued coin.
Nite69

Activity: 477
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:45:07 PM

Ltex, if you are reading this, go checkout modded kgw implementation at darkcoin. Will put an end to kgw speculation. Bcx can test his theories on another lesser valued coin.

I don't see how darkcoin would be protected against time warp. It has retarget time 1 block and allows jump back in time for 6 blocks. Just generate 5 blocks stamped with long time intervals to get a low diff and then one block which gets you back to sync with official blcokchain. You get 40% of the official difficulty. Just repeat it until you get blocks almost for free so you can catch the official blockchain with your lousy miner. Then publish it and woohoo, your blockchain is now official blockchain.

All altcoins implementing 1 block retarget allowing blocks in the past are at risk.

Sync: ShiSKnx4W6zrp69YEFQyWk5TkpnfKLA8wx
Bitcoin: 17gNvfoD2FDqTfESUxNEmTukGbGVAiJhXp
Litecoin: LhbDew4s9wbV8xeNkrdFcLK5u78APSGLrR
AuroraCoin: AXVoGgYtSVkPv96JLL7CiwcyVvPxXHXRK9
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 08:46:33 PM

No worries there mate, BCX will fail! tnx for the tip though!

Lloydie

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

I don't see how darkcoin would be protected against time warp. It has retarget time 1 block and allows jump back in time for 6 blocks. Just generate 5 blocks stamped with long time intervals to get a low diff and then one block which gets you back to sync with official blcokchain. You get 40% of the official difficulty. Just repeat it until you get blocks almost for free so you can catch the official blockchain with your lousy miner. Then publish it and woohoo, your blockchain is now official blockchain.

All altcoins implementing 1 block retarget allowing blocks in the past are at risk.

Kgw at drk to be redone imminently. Btw, r u sure drk re target is 1 block? I thought 24 hours.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:15:03 PM

Here is a simple fix for the exploit.

When a block has an earlier timestamp than the previous block, its difficulty adjustment needs to be based on the difficulty of the most recent block its timestamp is later than rather than on the block immediately prior in the block chain.

For example, if a block has a time earlier than the last four blocks then it should start its difficulty calculations with the difficulty as it was before those four blocks.

I think that this makes every instance of the time warp exploit impossible.

And it's a simple adjustment to whatever difficulty algorithm you're using. Kgw included.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: