Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:58:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit source application  (Read 539 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:31:39 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 04:46:50 PM by mdayonliner
Merited by vit05 (2)

I joined the forum on the December 14th (2017) and so far my logged time is: 59 days, 7 hours and 38 minutes. Not sure about others but I believe this time log should be enough for me to claim that I spend good amount of time from my days on the forum. This means, I come across good posts very often but sadly I can not merit most of them because most of the times I am out of sMerit.

The standard of giving merit for me is not very high (I hope it's not a problem). Whenever I find a post a little informative, the poster put some thoughts and little work before posting it, the poster expressed some humor - I do not hesitate to merit the post. Here are the 10 posts that requires to apply for a merit source. I hope from these, theymos will find some good reasons to try me.

Post - board/childBoard (archive) - Poster
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036425.msg46095345#msg46095345 (archive) Beginners & Help by joniboini
what is the benefits of permissioned blockchain?

There are several 'benefits' (it depends on how you look at this). You can limit who can read the block or who can be the validator/miners and etc. By limiting the numbers of people who can read the block, the data on the blockchain will be 'safe' from third-parties, therefore only a few people will know it. The government would love this one. By limiting the number of validators, you can maximize your profits (assuming you own the blockchain and become one of the validators), so you'll get rich quickly. CMIIW.

How can i distinguish the difference on functions between centralized db and permissioned blockchain?

Not really sure get your point, you're talking what (technical) functions / features (like, block confirmation time?) available on a centralized database and permissioned blockchain? Read the source code or features, maybe?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5038867.msg46218693#msg46218693 (archive) Development & Technical Discussion by HeRetiK
The title is not only clickbait, but also utterly wrong.

Block withholding attacks and 51% attacks are two entirely different things.

51% attacks by definition always include the majority hashrate, block withholding attacks not necessarily do.

Granted, block withholding attacks such as selfish mining are at their most effective with the majority hashrate, but then again every attack on PoW is. In the end once a miner achieves majority hashrate they can attack the network whatever way the like, regardless whether they decide to withhold blocks or not.

Apart from attacks on the incentive structure of PoW such as selfish mining, block withholding attacks are usually thwarted by... waiting for confirmations. That is, by using the protocol the way it was meant to be used.

That being said:

• A particular signer is an account owned by a foundation or organization that initially designs the block chain or operates the block chain, and is called a verifier.

So the solution to block withholding attacks is.... federated trust.

*slow clap*

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5039047.msg46227643#msg46227643 (archive) Serious discussion by sister1001
It was 2017, after a summer of sky-rockets hitting x20 and even more, when Wabi, a Chinesse ICO that basically provided no info on the real use of its token and had what was possibly a WP made by a 8 yr'ld kiddo armed with safety scissors and a non-toxic glue stick managed to get an oversubscribed ICO kicking o x43 two days after it's launch.

Yeah...those times.. It was about then when I wandered the Blockchain panorama with some ether, far closer to the single than the triple digits, bought after a fight to death with Kraken's Cloudflare and 404s with, at the time, a useless trading system, trying to make some sense of why all this precarious ventures were actually growing far beyond reason and, needless to say, searching for my chance to take advantage.

And then, I came across this ICO. Let's call it the F token just to have it named. F token has a cool page, properly built, excellent team. The White Paper is very professional, no trace of a misspelled word, the team is public and impressive,.... SBSP - Solid Business & Solid People. When the day comes I am ready. The recent gas wars have showed me that being a minute late is being a minute too late and having 100 wei in the gas price of your MEW becomes a must to get into the good ones. Three, two, one... there it goes my unreasonable amount of ETH

I could write at large about the next months, full of Telegram messages with elusive answers, half truths, red coloured numbers  ending up in hope, despair, anger, sadness and finally, acceptance. Yet rather than that, I will simply say that I still hold that token, rotten and buried - if bytes can rot - among hundreds of 0x transactions - worth less than a cheap burger in a no-go borough of this city.

And you may think that I am just an irredeemable hodler, unable to accept that it's gone forever, but I know better: That token is still in there as permanent reminder of what I went through out there in the new frontier, where dreams are born and slaughtered in the blink of an eye and even the wisest can be blinded by the glitter of a ethereal Bitcoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5039120.msg46246319#msg46246319 (archive) Bitcoin Technical Support  by tarball

EDIT: AFAIK, you can't access your private key on Android Electrum.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2381046.0

Unless you mean the extended or master privkey, you can export individual privkeys. In the current version of Electrum, you go into the 'Receive' tab then tap on the address. It will send you to a list of addresses in your wallet. Tap the address you want, then tap 'Details.' Their will be an option to 'Export private key' which will require you to input your passcode first. You can then tap on the privkey and it will be copied to clipboard.

In previous versions of electrum, the address list was in a tab called 'Address' just like the tab 'Receive' or 'Send.'

I have posted screenshots below.

Clearly you haven't been using the right blockexplorers. His adresses do check out in terms of BCH being stored on them.
Also he didn't post his privkey, but an xpub. However you make a fair point. I haven't checked it out, but as far as i am aware, there is no way to access an xpub on the android version of electrum? Or is it just privkeys that you're unable to access?

You can export the master pubkey as well, just not the master privkey. You need to tap the top part, which will take you to the master pubkey and place where you can get seed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5038907.msg46262815#msg46262815 (archive) Lending by condoras
I don't understand, A campaign manager leaving me a neutral feedback has nothing to do with me defaulting on a loan. I posted this for anyone who does trust me to give me this loan, Not for you guys to come here and say that you are not going to give me this loan Cheesy

Of course you do. A campaign manager leaving you a neutral feedback, which was a negative before and warns people do be more than cautious dealing with you.
A loan is more than a serious deal and the only way for someone to be "safe" is Collateral. Not trust.

We point you out the reasons why you wouldn't get this loan filled and if you want it, what you should do and get it.
Nothing more, nothing less. Cool
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036768.msg46112685#msg46112685 (archive) Trading Discussion by manfredmann
Learning by doing refers to a theory of education expounded by American philosopher John Dewey. He theorized that learning should be relevant and practical, not just passive and theoretical by "John Dewey".

In my few months of Bitcoin investment I have failed, I got loss, and I was like to give up and walk away. Yet, I am not that type of person that does not know how to comeback. I have made my plan basing on the great philosopher John Dewey with his great contribution on the theory of education which is learning by doing principle.

Thus, I have applied it on cryptocurrency and fortunately it work. I was able to recover my losses and still enjoying on the thing that I was doing letting it as part of routine. Here is how I do it.

#Exchange - Choose an exchange that you can trade easily with bitcoin to fiat and vice versa so that you can save more time on it.

#Study -  I Invested a little amount of bitcoin and study its market price how it moves in just one day.

#Anticipate -
Some things could not work since I am busy also doing my job and could not anticipate the market price movement for bitcoin in a day. So I made another way how to anticipate bitcoin market price movement. How? I am only seeing the percentage of the market price increase once it gets 2% or more increase I sell my bitcoin holdings little by little for example I have invested 3K USD with 2 % increase or more depending on market price movement if it continues to increase I continue to sell also little by little.

#Profit - the trading of bitcoin to fiat money is already a profit.

#Wait - Wait for some time that bitcoin market price moves downward. It may take few hours or maybe a day where you can see it clearly on coinmarketcap.com. I am pretty sure that bitcoin market price is predictable these days after the green market for bitcoin, red market will follow. So wait for the red market to show up.

#Invest - The profit you get on that trading could be invested again after waiting on red market for crypto. Pretty sure you could increase the number of crypto if you will do this.

#Apply - After seeing the methods I used. I had conclude that I am learning by doing itself on those process. So I applied it and invest again and brings my investment into new level that I could afford.

#Hardwork - You should have a little to time to check from time to time the market price movement of Bitcoin. It does not compensate that much time since coinmarketcap.com is only one click away!

#Believe - It take sometime to recover my loss but I believe on myself and continue to do what is right.

#Results - I have gain 25% increase of my crypto regardless of its market price value and that 25% is almost a means to recover some of my losses in the previous investment.

I learned and still learning on this investment with the great principle of John Dewey's principle learning by doing. Patience and HODL is not the only key to success because hardwork!

Hardwork and Effort never betray - Guy Sensie (Naruto Shippuden)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5040108.msg46289336#msg46289336 (archive) Mining (Altcoins) by SpceGhst
After my first 6 months of mining, I have come up with a few pearls of wisdom for beginners:

90% of all mining program errors are due to too much overclock/undervolt
The other 10% are caused by errors in configuration
If you’re sure the problem is not the riser, the problem is the riser
Never keep any wallets on a machine you use for mining
It’s hard to mine the most profitable coin because it’s always changing
If you have to sell your mined coins immediately to pay the electric bill, you probably don’t need to be mining (have some working capital)
The pool with the highest hash rate doesn’t make you the most coins over time
Always keep older versions of mining programs, you might need them one day
When a new GPU driver comes out, let somebody else be the guinea pig
Time is money in mining.  If your machine is down, you’re not making money
Fine tuning a rig can be time consuming; don’t let it consume all your time
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Please feel free to add your own...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5040761.msg46352809#msg46352809 (archive) Meta by Welsh
AFAIK, smart bots can solve 9+2=?. This is the reason big websites are increasingly placing trust on Google's Re-CAPTCHA. Unfortunately, Google's Re-CAPTCHA does not provide word challenge anymore. All are just images and they dont get solved even if you are correctly pointing them. The reason behind this is Google's machine learning AI is far from perfect as of yet. They assume, good IP will always correctly solve the captcha. But, they dont. Hence, the irritating problem we face with Tor.

There's a sneaky little way of bypassing Googles captcha, but requires coding a script, and using that. It's likely how all of these newbie accounts are being created automatically, and being used for malicious purposes. I'm not sure how we would combat this either as removing Google's image verification would result in a lot more spam than we already have. Unfortunately, the way to bypass the google image captcha is fairly well known, and seems like Google don't have any plans on changing it.

AFAIK there just isn't a better solution than the current implementation. I've seen people suggest implementing a captcha per post, but honestly they don't care, because they can automate it with a script. I'm sure theymos is well aware of this issue too, and requiring a captcha per post would affect legitimate users more than that of the spammers. Implementing a simpler approach wouldn't really benefit the forum. In regards to the Tor issue, and how long it can take sometimes. Then, we need to weigh up the pros, and cons, and see if we want usability over forum readability. If it were removed then it would certainly lead to mass amounts of spamming, but the current implementation isn't foolproof either. At least, I don't think so. I haven't had to log on in months, but I'm sure its exploitable like all the other captchas on other sites.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5041045.msg46355133#msg46355133 (archive) Meta by Ardavan2150
You got that right, our whole fucking society in the UK has been changed over the years to accommodate people who follow that ridiculous ideology.

People who moan about treatment of Muslim’s, I’d like to ask them how they feel about the treatment of homosexuals & women in their faith?

By the way Muslim’s aren’t a race, Islam is a faith/ideology. Criticising or condeming Muslim’s can’t be construed as racism.

I don't believe in any religion and I think they are all a scam. BUT I don't think someone should be berated just because of their beliefs. What you are also referring to as treatment of homosexuals and women are very limited to a regions of Saudi Arabia and Iran only.
Not all the muslim countries follow that. Indonesia is majority muslim and there is no problem with being a muslim/homosexual. What you know about Islam and Muslims is what the media want you to know. Do not think this is true for all the muslims around the world.

I don't know how UK society changed because of muslims, but If you are changing your rules and regulations to make sure every person every citizen has the right to believe and practice their own religion, it make sense to me. Cause it's their right.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5040771.msg46355117#msg46355117 (archive) Beginners & Help by bill gator
Litereally the next post from your account after creating this thread was as follows :

you piece of shit, badmouthing this guy for promoting an ICO? Your promoting a fucking gambling website that steals money from people.  Your a real piece of shit hypocrite.

Insults, misrepresentation, profanity, misspelling, poor grammar and the list goes on. Why would anybody merit this? This is representative of your entire post history.

Then you sit here baffled that you are struggling to move up the ranks. You routinely insult other users on faulty or non-existent logic. You are consistently crass, unpalatable and vulgar in such a way that isn't even close to humorous. You put out one-line posts that bring nothing to the conversation and only seek to troll around while being rewarded for it.

If you truly want merit then you're going to have to completely reshape your behavior around the forum. Merit is not even something that's important, so you should be worried about something that is actually a priority; something like being a contributing member of the community, learning how bitcoin works, or providing a good/service to the forum. There are endless ways to provoke merit into your direction, but none of them are gimmicks and all of them require behavior to change.

I love bitcoin and since this community is playing major role to promote bitcoin - I love this forum too. I hope becoming a merit source will give me another way to engage more with the community.

Thanks in advance.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:38:08 PM

Good to see another person stepping up to become a merit source! Smiley

I have also applied here: vlad230's Merit source application - Romanian Local board but until now I haven't received any memos from theymos. Maybe with my recent promotion to Sr. Member I will get more chances at succeeding.

Best of luck to you too!

P.S. You should quote the posts you list:
If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:42:41 PM

I have also applied here: vlad230's Merit source application - Romanian Local board but until now I haven't received any memos from theymos. Maybe with my recent promotion to Sr. Member I will get more chances at succeeding.

Best of luck to you too!

P.S. You should quote the posts you list:
If you want to be a merit source:

1. Be a somewhat established member.
 2. Collect TEN posts written in the last couple of months by other people that have not received nearly enough merit for how good they are, and post quotes for them all in a new Meta thread. The point of this is to demonstrate your ability to give out merit usefully.
 3. We will take a look at your history and maybe make you a source.

Ok, I missed quoting. Thanks, I will do that now.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

Looking at the smerits you've given already, you're definitely not worthy of being a merit source. Merits should be given to good posts, not to your buddies.
The posts you quoted in your op look nothing like the ones you usually reward.
Plus you're in red.

/thread.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:55:43 PM

don't want to be rude, but how the hell do you expect to become a merit source with a red tag saying "begging for merit" ?
the only thing that comes to mind is that red trust prohibits you to earn from wearing signatures but you are eager to try and become a merit source and "earn" that way

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:16:03 PM

Looking at the smerits you've given already, you're definitely not worthy of being a merit source. Merits should be given to good posts, not to your buddies.
Plus you're in red.

/thread.

Looking backwards, those posts that he had given Merits were good enough, compared to yours? Full of junk posts.
Silly mate, OP has proven his good deeds in here, if you think that you're better than him then try to apply as a Merit Source yourself.

don't want to be rude, but how the hell do you expect to become a merit source with a red tag saying "begging for merit" ?
the only thing that comes to mind is that red trust prohibits you to earn from wearing signatures but you are eager to try and become a merit source and "earn" that way

Lutpin already removed the Red Tag on mydayonliner, trust isn't the only thing that should be relied on, In fact OP has already done a good job here, although he failed on sime attempt to offer beeing an escrow.
And I think it has nothing to do with his application as Merit Source.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:31:16 PM

Plus you're in red.

/thread.

Looking backwards, those posts that he had given Merits were good enough, compared to yours? Full of junk posts.
Silly mate, OP has proven his good deeds in here, if you think that you're better than him then try to apply as a Merit Source yourself.

How is that about me "mate"?
Did you really check my posts history lol ?
I could have told you that they were not brilliant lol.
Sorry I'm not one of those guys who's here to get merits. I'm here to read, learn and have fun.
That doesn't change the fact that this board doesn't need another source who spends 99% of his time in meta.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 12:36:55 AM

~snip~
I could have told you that they were not brilliant lol.
~snip~

I totally disagree with you. You have no reasons to say that.  Huh

~snip~
Sorry I'm not one of those guys who's here to get merits. I'm here to read, learn and have fun.
That doesn't change the fact that this board doesn't need another source who spends 99% of his time in meta.

So do you come here only for "read, learn and have fun"? Are you serious? I am doubt if you state that you don't need merit. 
I have checked your post history, I am sorry to say that I think you come here only for fun. Since January 2018, you only create a single topics and make many useless comments.   

Please be serious, don't waste your time only for fun. And give your contribution for this forum with useful efforts. That's my suggestion. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:24:03 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2018, 04:49:58 AM by atrocityx

You are a god of farming merit, and do it better than practically everyone else... but I do not think you would make a good merit source because you will be attracted to posters similar to you, which I don't think is healthy for the forums.  I'm sure we'll see you at legendary before long and you'll brute force this happening as well, but I really don't think its a good idea.

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:35:29 AM

That's fine, you can prove your point by stop chasing OP (He can be merit source or not, moderator or not.) Anyways it is not contributing to your learning.

You are a god of farming merit, and do it better than practically everyone else...

Your statement is not only attacking the OP, but it is also attacking the people who merited the OP. Merit is very subjective to nature,so we should leave this topic.

don't want to be rude, but how the hell do you expect to become a merit source with a red neutral tag saying "begging for merit" ?
It is neutral  tag (not red). But I agree with you that "Merit Source" should not have any  tag like "Merit begging" associated with profile.

OP, I can understand that your red tag was due to your lack of experience and stupidity but I will advice you to withdraw your application due to below reasons:

1. Tag does not look good in any profile. Tagged Merit Source will be big no from community.
2. We really got enough Merit Source, We are lacking quality ,I will appreciate if you will be able to take initiative on this field.

I am alive
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1523

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 05:45:20 AM

It seems that adding new merit sources wasn’t a priority for theymos, until recently when he added 36 new ones. He may be adding more in the future, but I suppose it is much less of a priority now.

I also applied and haven’t heard but I’ll keep bumping my application every now and then.

It is neutral  tag (not red). But I agree with you that "Merit Source" should not have any  tag like "Merit begging" associated with profile.

It is red:

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:13:25 AM

It is neutral  tag (not red). But I agree with you that "Merit Source" should not have any  tag like "Merit begging" associated with profile.

It is red:

I do no want to paste pictures, just click on trust. it is neutral for "Merit begging" and red trust is for "Trying to escrowing a $100K deal with no escrowing history + some ponzi thread creations"

I am alive
Little Mouse
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1981

Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 07:35:03 AM

@Don Pedro Dinero
I think you have missed the point. r1s2g3 is talking about specific feedback left by Lutpin.

@mdayonliner
It's true that the chance of being a merit source is lower but it doesn't mean that you are incapable. I think theymos will consider your posts and quality. Also, those feedback has nothing to do with being a merit source.
We need some more source and you deserve to be one. Keep up the good work.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 07:56:20 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2018, 10:33:12 AM by Don Pedro Dinero

Yes, ok, neutral by Lutpin but for merit begging and red tagged by a moderator. It looks to me like very low chances of becoming a merit source, the same way as becoming anything on this forum, like a moderator or to be added on DT. The red tag by hilariousandco is very important. Do you think someone he doesn’t trust is going to be added as a merit source?

I don’t know if that could be solved in some way, as sometimes red tags have been deleted or changed to neutral.

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12084

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:32:50 AM

Plus you're in red.

/thread.

its very difficult for sending merit all over when your not a merit source .... its normal, he will be given a bit more to people that he like's, and get some in return of them.... when your not a merit source and you have a few "buddy's" to give and get merit from makes it more possible to merit a few other and new people afterwards as well, otherwise its just not easy .... maybe thats why the guy trying to be a merit source for having an oppertunity of giving merit to a wider audience

the red tag offcourse is another story ......

even strange my trust is 0-0 .... how does it works.... i have created some freeroll games in the past and doing some @ this time, where there is only me sending BTC to a winner and i have always payed correct, isn't that a bit of TRUST worthy? but i don't be bothered to much by it....

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:50:01 AM

I joined the forum on the December 14th (2017) and so far my logged time is: 59 days, 7 hours and 38 minutes. Not sure about others but I believe this time log should be enough for me to claim that I spend good amount of time from my days on the forum.
I fail to see why a long "uptime" should deem you "worthy" of becoming a merit source.

Unsure if those were his "buddies", but the posts he merited are ok, IMHO.

As pointed out above, "neutral" for begging.
OTOH, red trust for the other things seems to indicate a general tendency to easily sell out for a few bucks.
Wich is definitely not a quality I'd like to see in a merit source.

Lutpin already removed the Red Tag on mydayonliner, trust isn't the only thing that should be relied on, In fact OP has already done a good job here, although he failed on sime attempt to offer beeing an escrow.
And I think it has nothing to do with his application as Merit Source.
Again, a merit-source should be somewhat trustworthy.
I can easily imagine a situation where a rogue merit source could undermine the whole recent changes to the ranking system, where 1 merit is all that stands between us and the Spambiecalypse.

All in all, I oppose this merit source application.
Maybe in one or two years, when the OP has established some solid reputation.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16630

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 12:13:35 PM

I joined the forum on the December 14th (2017) and so far my logged time is: 59 days, 7 hours and 38 minutes. Not sure about others but I believe this time log should be enough for me to claim that I spend good amount of time from my days on the forum.
I fail to see why a long "uptime" should deem you "worthy" of becoming a merit source.
"Uptime" can be gained by installing an auto-refresh in the browser. This doesn't mean anything indeed.

Again, a merit-source should be somewhat trustworthy.
I can easily imagine a situation where a rogue merit source could undermine the whole recent changes to the ranking system, where 1 merit is all that stands between us and the Spambiecalypse.
Although I don't disagree, there's this:
BTW, if any merit source goes rogue and sells a ton of merit, then I will probably go through the transaction graph and undo all of the transactions touched by that sold source-merit. Merit ain't no immutable cryptocurrency!
That makes buying Merit from a Merit source more risky than buying from anyone else.

I love the word "Spambiecalypse"!

hilariousetc
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3030

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:14:50 PM

Yes, ok, neutral by Lutpin but for merit begging and red tagged by a moderator. It looks to me like very low chances of becoming a merit source, the same way as becoming anything on this forum, like a moderator or to be added on DT. The red tag by hilariousandco is very important. Do you think someone he doesn’t trust is going to be added as a merit source?

I don’t know if that could be solved in some way, as sometimes red tags have been deleted or changed to neutral.

The feedback doesn't mean he can't be trusted to send merits, and others may even disagree with the feedback. Admittedly no scam was committed, though he did try to escrow a deal for over $100k and has promoted ponzis in the past and for me that's untrustworthy behaviour and I think there would have been a very high chance of him running away with the money if he ever secured it and that's why I left the feedback. Others, including theymos, may disagree. I haven't looked into his merit history so I can't say whether he would be a good choice or not, but merely having negative (even from me) shouldn't 100% exude you from ever being a merit source, especially if you're an active member and are regularly giving out accurate merit for noteworthy posts. I'm sure theymos is intelligent and impartial enough to take all the available evidence and make up his own mind whether he should be a merit source or not and it's only him that gets to decide who is made one or not currently.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
presduterte

Activity: 222
Merit: 58

They call me Rad Rody.

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:21:13 AM

You're way too into "passive income" and "guaranteed profit" type deals to be trustworthy. It's all bullshit. It doesn't matter how you wrap a pile of shit, its still shit.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4221113.0

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 07:10:06 AM

The feedback doesn't mean he can't be trusted to send merits, and others may even disagree with the feedback.

Yes, but I’m sure the feedback doesn’t give him points, either.

I haven't looked into his merit history so I can't say whether he would be a good choice or not, but merely having negative (even from me) shouldn't 100% exude you from ever being a merit source, especially if you're an active member and are regularly giving out accurate merit for noteworthy posts. I'm sure theymos is intelligent and impartial enough to take all the available evidence and make up his own mind whether he should be a merit source or not and it's only him that gets to decide who is made one or not currently.

I don’t know how theymos thinks, but if I was him, having negative trust from you would make it at least less likely to add him as a merit source, because, yes, not looking trustworthy for deals doesn’t mean he can do a good job as a merit source but if he misbehaved as a merit source, I couldn’t say I was completely surprised.

If I was theymos I would think like this:

OTOH, red trust for the other things seems to indicate a general tendency to easily sell out for a few bucks.
Wich is definitely not a quality I'd like to see in a merit source.
Maybe in one or two years, when the OP has established some solid reputation.

There’s no hurry to add him as a merit source, as there is no hurry to add anyone. I think even less in this case.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: