Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:10:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons you should avoid selling out of panic  (Read 880 times)
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:06:33 AM

Trade what you see not what you think. You think, you scare, you panic, you sell, you lose. Some traders only focus at their balances and they get scared when it decreases, at this time, they let their emotions control their brain and sell in panic, that's why they lose.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:53:53 AM

I do not know but by saying panic selling of crypto enthusiasts is incorrect. Majority of those who sell are mostly new in the market and not really crypto enthusiasts.
dadisde
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:58:08 AM

Great post! Thank you very much for writing this. I hope it would help a lot of people to understand, that the bearish market is also an opportunity to gain more profits! Just buy deep and believe in crypto currencies.
Enzos

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:00:13 AM

Yes, that's it. Panic selling is very unfriendly for all small investors. When the market starts to spread panic, the most vulnerable to these is the retail investors, because many of them are actually just Speculators, even people who know nothing about the risks of this market. Therefore, such investors should indeed have more understanding of the market and more understanding of trading technology.

shinjo

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:20:15 AM

I sold coins several times when they fell sharply in price. I think that in some situations it is quite justified. I think it depends on the situation, because sometimes coins do not recover  in price.
keepandhold

Activity: 223
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:54:25 AM

One of the peculiar attributes of most crypto enthusiasts is selling out of panic. Whenever this happens, it is accompanied by some flaws and setbacks. Reasons why you should avoid selling out of panic are:

1. Dump in price - Sometimes, it does not affect the price of the coin you are dumping alone, it can also affect the general market prices coins, most especially when there is massive dump of prominent coins such as, bitcoin, ethereum and so on.

2. Loss of Investment - you are likely going to loose your investment, because most times, when you panic sell, you sell at lower prices than required. Your profit might be affected, so also your invested capital.

3. Attack on blockchain technology - it might call on attacks on blockchain technology from different quarters. You begin to see people spread more negative news about blockchain and cryptocurrency. For instance, people may begin to talk of crash, scam and so on.

4. Emotional Imbalance: panic alongside the accompanying losses might lead to emotional imbalance in some investors and afterwards the resulting effect on health, such as hypertension and other health implications.

Some people attribute FUDs and perhaps regulations to most of these flaws, which are not. Even though there are FUDs being spread, if we do not panic, the crypto space will be a safe haven for investment.
How many proposed regulations these days have really been implemented? So, why are we bothering ourselves? Some countries such as China, that even succeeded in some of their regulations, does not seem to avoid the crypto world in entirety.

Those who cause panic mainly know that most people cannot control it. Which is why those who take advantage of it, use it as a weapon in the crypto space for their gains.

Note:
I am not telling you not to sell whenever you notice there is going to be bearish market, but take your time to relax and think about it, make your calculations and if you are sure there will be bearish market, sell and buy back when you are also sure it is low enough.

I don’t sell anything because I’m a long-term investor, I don’t care what happens with prices this year, I’ll check my portfolio in a couple of years  Grin
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:59:08 AM

Yes, that's it. Panic selling is very unfriendly for all small investors. When the market starts to spread panic, the most vulnerable to these is the retail investors, because many of them are actually just Speculators, even people who know nothing about the risks of this market. Therefore, such investors should indeed have more understanding of the market and more understanding of trading technology.
Most people only care about profit and only 20% are really interested in this market. I think Blockchain technology is being used a lot in the world and this is a very good opportunity for people to invest now because I'm sure the uptrend period will happen soon and people just need to wait

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:10:32 PM

If we panic we will not sell the price as expected and we will not be wise in choosing the next penny to invest, so I think we should consider before giving a Extremely good solution to avoid regret

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:43:35 PM

the reason why I don't panic about the crypto market now is that I think that trust is full of crypto. because that trust can make us calm if we see the crypto market moving down. surely we as holders will still think the market will rise again, we will not lose our money. I think it's already enough to make us calm and not panic when the market goes down.

The cryptocurrency market is very large and as in any market there are people who want to make money on any changes. Cryptocurrency is similar to the real estate market, it is very difficult to guess the value for tomorrow. Either way, it's a game. Analysts advise not to panic, in any case, BTC will grow in price, the main thing is to be patient.
JeffreyElvis

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:44:42 PM

One of the peculiar attributes of most crypto enthusiasts is selling out of panic. Whenever this happens, it is accompanied by some flaws and setbacks. Reasons why you should avoid selling out of panic are:

1. Dump in price - Sometimes, it does not affect the price of the coin you are dumping alone, it can also affect the general market prices coins, most especially when there is massive dump of prominent coins such as, bitcoin, ethereum and so on.

2. Loss of Investment - you are likely going to loose your investment, because most times, when you panic sell, you sell at lower prices than required. Your profit might be affected, so also your invested capital.

3. Attack on blockchain technology - it might call on attacks on blockchain technology from different quarters. You begin to see people spread more negative news about blockchain and cryptocurrency. For instance, people may begin to talk of crash, scam and so on.

4. Emotional Imbalance: panic alongside the accompanying losses might lead to emotional imbalance in some investors and afterwards the resulting effect on health, such as hypertension and other health implications.

Some people attribute FUDs and perhaps regulations to most of these flaws, which are not. Even though there are FUDs being spread, if we do not panic, the crypto space will be a safe haven for investment.
How many proposed regulations these days have really been implemented? So, why are we bothering ourselves? Some countries such as China, that even succeeded in some of their regulations, does not seem to avoid the crypto world in entirety.

Those who cause panic mainly know that most people cannot control it. Which is why those who take advantage of it, use it as a weapon in the crypto space for their gains.

Note:
I am not telling you not to sell whenever you notice there is going to be bearish market, but take your time to relax and think about it, make your calculations and if you are sure there will be bearish market, sell and buy back when you are also sure it is low enough.

https://i.imgur.com/ovsTPW7.jpg

One should never ever sell in panic. It is the worst decision to be honest. We should make sure that our coins are good enough for investment. I have PRG, XRP and EOS and I am not selling them because I know they will rise in some time.
miyaka26

Merit: 105

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:52:12 PM

First point it depends on the value of the crypto that you are dumping relevant to the number of people who are doing it constantly common one is from a newly released token to exchanges and the campaign have a big pool for bounty hunters, Second one it depends on the crypto that you have invested in, there are instances that you need to set stop loss in order to prevent further damage to your capital, number near to the word fud that influences the point number four.

xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:01:18 PM

I sold coins several times when they fell sharply in price. I think that in some situations it is quite justified. I think it depends on the situation, because sometimes coins do not recover  in price.

Obviously this is how it happens because the first thing comes in mind if we are in the need of money is to sell coins. At that moment the value will be dumped and you can keep calm at that time. Despite being dependent upon the situation we sell it.
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 05:12:22 PM

I think it is important for investors to have an exit strategy because trying to game the market can make one lose his investment. Most people that panic sell are usually moved by greed and fear. If you are sophisticated in your approach to investment, you will make money whether the market is up or down

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:16:19 PM

A decrease in price of coins is something nobody wants to see. When you invest, you certainly hoped for some profit and spent some money to get that return. People relatively new to the market do panic but think about this way, if you sell out of panic, you won't even make your break even! Better be calm and wait for price to rise again.

Yes instead of panic try to be calm and patient to be waited for price rise again. Nobody wants to see the value decreasing cause you expect once you invest you get profit but always think don't panic if you see the value going down just do be calm cause one day it increasing and give you nice profitable income.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:22:01 PM

Well, why these reasons? I am sure that every person understands why you need to control yourself and why you should try to control your emotions, especially when the volatility of BTC and the entire market starts to really frighten.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

I agree with OP. Panic selling cause more losses than protecting your investment. However, emotions are hard to control. I guess with experience and faith in crypto, we will learn how to control our emotions at times like this.
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:20:13 PM

I think it's just worth realizing two things. You can never sell at a loss. For example, now the market is at the bottom and that is why you should just wait. Let a year pass, but prices will rise. And second, you have to understand that the more you wait, it will not mean that you will get more.

terencio

Activity: 742
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:48:09 PM

When you're in a panic mode,  you tend  to make a lot of mistake, you become irrational and because your irrational, sometimes you will commit a typo error, and your selling at the wrong price   that could create a big disaster on your self. It was happen on me in the past.

trahaubab

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 11:49:33 PM

LMAO of your post picture. That is super stupid picture.
LOL bought ETH at price 350$ see 250$ buy more. That is the super stupid story. especially considering the fact that we don`t know crypto bottom.

also, panic sells are not so bad.

pigzbe  |  A piggy-wallet™ not a piggy bank  |  powered by Wollo
● ● ●  A tangible digital piggy-wallet for children age 6 and up.
irenegaming

Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:52:02 PM

And above all have a lot of patience, I do not know how people who could buy in ATH now panic and sell at the lowest possible price, if you already took that huge risk because you did not know it was going to explode the bubble, at least you have hodl to try to match your investment, taking that huge loss is not to have confidence in the cryptos for anything.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: