Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounty hunters Yes or No  (Read 621 times)
Vart4varta

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:44:43 PM

Hi. I think that KYC should be for bounty hunters.
in order to prevent a lot of accounts in one person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Afiqa03

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:46:30 PM

KYC is actually for investors, but there are some projects that require social media campaign participants such as Facebook and Twitter to also have to graduate from KYC. possible to reduce multiple accounts. and fraudsters, but sometimes some participants retreated for the sake of self-data security.
Kelvinovie2

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:48:21 PM

hy all,

please i m sorry asking this or...

i know that someone else might posted this earlier but i want to confirm why is KYC necessary for bounty hunter?
or do you think KYC is for Investors alone or for both.

but to me i found out that kyc is just for investor because bounty hunters are just to promote the project and make the ico successful so i don't see any reason why kyc should be for bounty hunters.

to me proof of authentication is enough to cover the kyc because most times some people tries to cheat in the bounty campaign by submitting multiple account in a particular project, but the aids of the proof of authentication will help reduce the cheating and the rest.

so now tell me what do you think and what are you ideas?
KYC for hunters isn't important but I think it's necessary, in cases where managers find suspicious activities of hunters, because some hunters go about creating multiple twitter, Facebook, and even Bitcoin talk account just to get more token from bounty campaign, and that could have a negative effect on price, so for such reason some mangers will tend to conduct KYC just to remove cheats.
Flamebellow

Activity: 364
Merit: 19

www.codex.one

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:48:26 PM

KYC for bounty hunters can be very dangerous . Most bounty hunters participate in 20 , 30 , 50 or even more campaigns at the same time , so they have to submitt their id documents to 50 different projects ! Who will/can guarantee the integrity of these companies and the privacy of your data? I can assure you that no one will ! You just give your documents in the wrong hands and then you will be surprised where did you get loans that you did not apply for  Undecided

xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:55:57 PM

Definitely a big NO-NO for me.

Why? My reasons are the ff:
  • Bounty hunters aren't even paid that much. Whats the point?
  • Bounty hunters can't always be considered investors if they aren't even paid in token form
  • It's simply too much hassle for too small amount

I partially agree with this. There is a lot of people who use alt accounts/bots in bounty campaigns of any kind for the extra pay and that is no secret. However, even when certain small measurements could be taken it's not that big deal due to the cost-benefit of the whole thing.

It also depends on how much is each one getting paid. The biggest ranks inside bounties could have a bit more watch over them since they are the ones who should deliver the best quality due to the highest pay.

It's normally too much hassle. However, it could be useful in some cases.
lequocvuongpro

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:01:06 PM

It's depend on you. Do you believe in the project you joined?. If it's YES, If you decided join any bounty campaign, you think that it's good, then you will are ready to do KYC. If Answer is NO, You don't need to join it, because you think it's not good, then KYC is not necessary.
maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:31:30 PM

Because of the many fraudulent users, KYC is enforced. Actually I don't agree with the KYC that gives personal data to people I don't know by claiming tokens from the bounty. KYC is needed for people who invest, not from bounty hunters.

smenon

Activity: 119

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

I oppose KYC for participants of Bounty of the program. Even for investors I think this procedure too it is not necessary. Moreover it violates their rights.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:42:01 PM

The main reason behind it is the one where projects/companies try to insure themselves against any potential violation of law/regulation as those differ from country to country. If you plan to build a serious business, KYC is definitely the way to go, even if this makes a lot of bounty hunters uncomfortable or unsatisfied.
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:44:10 PM

Because of the many fraudulent users, KYC is enforced. Actually I don't agree with the KYC that gives personal data to people I don't know by claiming tokens from the bounty. KYC is needed for people who invest, not from bounty hunters.
I completely agree. Definitely not! Bounty participants are not investors and they do not need to undergo a similar procedure.
It’s nonsense to say that a KYC is made in order to remove fraudsters and bounty campaigns. Collection of personal information is not good.
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:46:51 PM

It is not a big problem fir bounty hunter to pass kyc, but ftom project owners it is not reasonable. Moreover it is not fear if they announce aboit it after bounty or in the end
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:47:46 PM

I like bounty campaigns with the obligatory passing of KYC. It is thanks to KYC that we can avoid participants with multi-accounts.
takngantuk

Activity: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:58:06 PM

if kyc indeed to the database and resolving multi-account problems I agree. but if the kyc for bounty hunters is the same as investors, I don't agree. because honestly the bounty hunters only help promote the project, they are not directly involved as investors. so don't equate the kyc procedure with the investor
waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 07:03:47 PM

I also think that gathering of bounty hunter's personal information is not OK. In most cases purpose of being bounty manager and project investor doesn't coincide.

Sanmark

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:10:08 PM

It's for multiple reasons. There are thousands of potential cheaters in bounty campaigns, if you didn't have some way of controlling them (e.g. KYC). Then you would end up giving out most of the allocation to cheaters. Also there are regulations to comply with, some people think that tokens are like equity in a company so you need to perform AML to ensure you're not funding terrorists!

Cheaters will always cheat. There is a topic here on forum about faking kyc documents and participating in bounties and icos. People just photoshop document and noone can check is it valid document! In ICO usually there is explanation how they need kyc because money laundering law, but that can't apply on bounty because there is no money invested!

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:17:51 PM

Let's think about it. How is KYC stands for? I think everyone understands that this is knowing your customer. But bounty hunters are not exactly a customer, so what does bounty hunter have to do with this? No, and in general, I think it is against the law.
You raised this topic correctly. In the relationship between the ICO team and bounty hunters, the clients are the ICO team, that is, the client always pays for the services rendered. Therefore, if you use the KYC system, then the ICO team must pass it in front of the bounty hunters, and not vice versa. This is precisely to the fact that only investors must pass such a test. If anyone wants to eliminate the use of multiple accounts by one person, let him come up with a way not to violate our privacy rights. And in general, the ICO team is in general whether you use one or several accounts all the same. For them, the main thing is that you send useful messages advertising their ICO project.

greenfield84

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:22:27 PM

I think that kyc is the right decision. for now there are a lot of scammers with their bots who, with their number, drag the whole pool to themselves. scammers are afraid of kyc, and therefore hunters will get more profit

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:31:41 PM

For bounty hunters I would say No. You/We don't want to put ourselves at risk of exposing your own personal information right? crypto is supposed to be (psuedo) anonymous so I don't see any reason why we need to go rounds of passing our data. Besides what happens to the docs? Are they completely destroy or are they pass to a third party to be sold off later? Do you want to be a victim of identity thief?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ForTheAzerot

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:34:56 PM

KYC is not needed, it does not help in the fight against bots, but only ordinary participants are concerned.

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 07:42:47 PM

No. KYC checks can only be conducted in relation to investors, not bounty hunters. The point of this KYC check is to eliminate the laundering of dirty money, that is, the KYC check must be carried out by people who pay money. By the way, some ICO teams admit this.
In addition, the ICO teams themselves do not pass the due diligence themselves, and since there is a large percentage of fraudsters among them, it is very dangerous to send them your data and a copy of your passport.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: