Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for bounty hunters Yes or No  (Read 620 times)
hh4mmm (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:27:38 PM

hy all,

please i m sorry asking this or...

i know that someone else might posted this earlier but i want to confirm why is KYC necessary for bounty hunter?
or do you think KYC is for Investors alone or for both.

but to me i found out that kyc is just for investor because bounty hunters are just to promote the project and make the ico successful so i don't see any reason why kyc should be for bounty hunters.

to me proof of authentication is enough to cover the kyc because most times some people tries to cheat in the bounty campaign by submitting multiple account in a particular project, but the aids of the proof of authentication will help reduce the cheating and the rest.

so now tell me what do you think and what are you ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:33:18 PM

Let's think about it. How is KYC stands for? I think everyone understands that this is knowing your customer. But bounty hunters are not exactly a customer, so what does bounty hunter have to do with this? No, and in general, I think it is against the law.
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 04:36:31 PM

It's for multiple reasons. There are thousands of potential cheaters in bounty campaigns, if you didn't have some way of controlling them (e.g. KYC). Then you would end up giving out most of the allocation to cheaters. Also there are regulations to comply with, some people think that tokens are like equity in a company so you need to perform AML to ensure you're not funding terrorists!
Aneuk cabang

Activity: 242
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:38:40 PM

that is the reason that as a condition to be paid, it might be one of the rules that must be obeyed by the developer.
even most bounty participants don't get paid because they don't fill KYC, and that doesn't apply to all existing bounties.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:39:35 PM

I think kyc is good procedure as a whole for maximum transparency to know about each and every holder of the token, while i also agree with the argument that as bounty hunters have not invested any money do they do not fall under this requirement, as one of the main purpose of kyc is to who invested how much in a project so that taxation and regulatory things can be made easy and compliant.

akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:39:55 PM

For me,it depends on the bounty reward. If the amount is too low, I would not risk my personal information just to get a few dollars. Make sure that you already know how much you can get before sending your information to be KYC verified. I like KYC because it limits the number of participants especially on signature campaign. There are people who were using multiple accounts and it is unfair for me and those who were using one account.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 04:43:27 PM

Probably the same reason as for investors. I see no other reason. And in general, recently noticed that bounty and enter KYC. Want to make money - go through KYC.
ekoyulio20

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:15:33 PM

I think KYC does have a very useful function and maybe it works very well, besides that I think that KYC really avoids duplicate accounts or people who want to take advantage of our account where it often happens sometimes I really like KYC but sometimes I don't like it with some KYC where KYC is usually very detailed with other meanings including the passport electricity bill, and I am sometimes very confused whether all bounty hunters have that data because I think bounty hunter age is also very random not only 24 years. so I think that KYC is positive or good for bounty hunters and also bad for bounty hunters who sometimes do not have identification items above.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:17:41 PM

hy all,

i know that someone else might posted this earlier but i want to confirm why is KYC necessary for bounty hunter?

but to me i found out that kyc is just for investor because bounty hunters are just to promote the project and make the ico successful so i don't see any reason why kyc should be for bounty hunters.

to me proof of authentication is enough to cover the kyc because most times some people tries to cheat in the bounty campaign by submitting multiple account in a particular project, but the aids of the proof of authentication will help reduce the cheating and the rest.

Definitely a big NO-NO for me.

Why? My reasons are the ff:
  • Bounty hunters aren't even paid that much. Whats the point?
  • Bounty hunters can't always be considered investors if they aren't even paid in token form
  • It's simply too much hassle for too small amount
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:21:57 PM

As a bounty hunter, I never support KYC for bounty hunters but whenever you consider from the ICO owner's perspective, it should be done for all. First of all, there are thousands of people who are cheating in the bounty. Secondly, there are some rules and regulations in the different country. So, as an ICO owner, people need to ensure real documents where KYC is also required, IMO.
valetrm

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:25:16 PM

Of course"! Because it is the only effective method of dealing with bot. An honest person, an honest hunter must have one account and must be able to confirm it with a passport. This is the norm!

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
tuthienloc92bk

Activity: 364
Merit: 34

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:28:32 PM

There are thousands of potential cheaters in bounty campaigns

Grin You make me laugh with these words.

By the way, we can not imagine that they can cheat with how many accounts. Such as Buddy bounty campaign, I just took a look the spreadsheet and found out hundreds of accounts that own by one person. There are over 11k participants in twitter campaign sheet but only have 3k participants in telegram bounty group. And now just over 1.1k participants submit KYC. So what do you think?
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:29:28 PM

hy all,

unfortunately a lot of project are mandating it for hunters to receive reward, to make things worst it is being asked for after hunters have finished working for the project probably to screen participants out
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:33:06 PM

Let's think about it. How is KYC stands for? I think everyone understands that this is knowing your customer. But bounty hunters are not exactly a customer, so what does bounty hunter have to do with this? No, and in general, I think it is against the law.
KYC for bounty is required for limit the movement for cheater and scammers Bounty but i see few bounty campaign not required KYC for their participant

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
pinkliar

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:36:46 PM

hy all,

Definitely a big NO-NO for me.

Why? My reasons are the ff:
  • Bounty hunters aren't even paid that much. Whats the point?
  • Bounty hunters can't always be considered investors if they aren't even paid in token form
  • It's simply too much hassle for too small amount

I'll understand on what you're point but of course there some reasons why we need to do KYC. As a bounty hunter I saw a lot of cheater like join with multiple accounts, steal the name of other member that cheater can have a stakes and gain rewards. If the bounty project need KYC, we need to follow it as long as we want to get our rewards from it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:37:37 PM

hy all,

It depends on how good the project is i think.
If the projects start with an already big company, and the rewards is really high for bounty.
I think it's okay to use KYC
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 05:39:46 PM

KYC is good ,its the only way to control cheaters using multiple accounts and at the same time its against the law too but either way I prefer KYC ,breaking the rules to tackle cheaters is not that bad

fina13

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 05:42:08 PM

in my opinion, fill KYC if the reason is to prevent cheaters in the bounty I agree. many scammers and cheaters in the bounty campaign to prevent that one way is by filling in kyc.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
StockholmZ

Activity: 115
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 05:43:01 PM

i think if using KYC it will help to clarify access to prizes obtained from bounty participants, maybe those who feel burdened are people who take part in the campaign more than one account.

THE GOVERNMENT NETWORK  ───────────
The 1st Decentralized Borderless Nation
─────────  Token sale is Live!  ─────────
S-triple-C

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

KYC for bounty hunters should not be necessary and it is not required by most projects however, it helps in minimizing fake accounts and bots so for me I want it to be imposed on suspicious accounts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: