Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:50:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One person has sent 50 merits to a service announcement thread.  (Read 725 times)
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:19:50 PM

So does bumping a 2 month old thread with a shitpost and instantly getting Jr merits for it..
I think, sending 50 merits to a Service Announcement appears legitimate to you. In that case, the logic is "You have the freedom to send any amount of merits". No?

And when someone calls it out, that feels like shitty. If I merit 2 for it, that is questionable. Right?

Let's see how you merit...

Signed message today..

1vvSrTFiQY7akwbsv3iYPPe9mR3DsEbff

This is eddie13 on 8/19/2018 updating my Bitcointalk staked address

IIgvyxWXnHtM6veHdfdP+zvxb5mVC6XsGa/K2fieDj6yX/cHBVL73Z14KQnRu8ydIUugmK3AKtvee9FelXl41KU=

Quoted and verified
When someone quoted & verified your staked address, you sent him 5 merit instantly. How about that?

Hypocrisy at its best. Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:55:57 PM

I think, sending 50 merits to a Service Announcement appears legitimate to you.
Oh yes, because I sure love me some managers..

you sent him 5 merit instantly
Try harder..

Why did you take your chain-bet sig off so fast just now?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
RocketSingh
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:39:16 PM

I think, sending 50 merits to a Service Announcement appears legitimate to you.
Oh yes, because I sure love me some managers..
Learn to construct a meaningful sentence in English. Tongue

you sent him 5 merit instantly
Try harder..
Tit-for-tat. Chao. Wink

Why did you take your chain-bet sig off so fast just now?
Oh. You just missed the opportunity to accuse me of signature spamming. Dint u? Cheesy

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:49:00 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2018, 05:10:41 PM by eddie13

Maybe some day..
Oh. You just missed the opportunity to accuse me of signature spamming. Dint u? Cheesy
We both know that wasn't the significance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you just word-spin xtraelv's sig?

"We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*"

"As a member of BitcoinTalk, you are surrounded by legends; phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. The forum was created by Satoshi Nakamoto and saw the first exchange, the first altcoin, and the first ICO, but also catastrophic software flaws, massive thefts, and incredible scams. You too have an opportunity to become part of the forum's history: whether and in what way you do so is up to you."

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
RocketSingh
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 05:07:39 PM

Maybe some day..

Try harder..
Roll Eyes

"We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*"

"As a member of BitcoinTalk, you are surrounded by legends; phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. The forum was created by Satoshi Nakamoto and saw the first exchange, the first altcoin, and the first ICO, but also catastrophic software flaws, massive thefts, and incredible scams. You too have an opportunity to become part of the forum's history: whether and in what way you do so is up to you."
It was quoted by theymos as an ideal para to introduce BitcoinTalk to newbies. Most probably the person who wrote it is xtraelv. Lemme know if you need the BBcode. Its good to serve the forum...

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:15:34 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2018, 09:15:27 AM by xtraelv
Merited by RocketSingh (2)

Maybe some day..

Try harder..
Roll Eyes

It was quoted by theymos as an ideal para to introduce BitcoinTalk to newbies. Most probably the person who wrote it is xtraelv. Lemme know if you need the BBcode. Its good to serve the forum...

Theymos used a reworded version of my signature in the new introduction. I thought it was quite cool that it morphed into something that is used for the forum.

It started off in this topic before it turned into a signature:

This topic was inspired by when Eddie13 said: "lets hope he can end the cycle of cryptopia/btct - Hatfield/McCoy rivalry". I posed the question" What is so special about this forum ?" I didn't expect to find as much as I did and it changed my views towards bitcointalk

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Not just the ones that were phenomenally successful but also some that tried and failed with catastrophic results. Then there are those that scammed at the expense of others. This forum is a digital museum.

Shortly after that I started using it as a signature.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*

Theymos gave me credit for it here:

Here's a draft of a welcome message for new users. The user will see it on the screen confirming their registration, and it'll also be available in the help center at any time.

Some text in the intro was obviously inspired by xtraelv's signature, which I really like.

It morphed into:

As a member of the forum, you are surrounded by legends; phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. The forum was created by Satoshi Nakamoto and saw the first exchange, the first altcoin, and the first ICO, but also catastrophic software flaws, massive thefts, and incredible scams. You too have an opportunity to become part of the forum's history: whether and in what way you do so is up to you.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:39:08 AM

There are a lot of ANN where merit is being spent in OP. Sometime those are clear abusing while sometime people give because the project/service is good for them. Therefore, it can be told abuse clearly. Checking the previous merit spending tendency we can assume someone as abuser but without proof, no one can tell him abuser.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: