Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:13:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Investments Why Risky?  (Read 2855 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:17:54 AM

because there are a lot of ICO scams. It makes people lose their hope about ICO investment. To what i know, ICO investment is very profitable, that is the reason why people create more fake ICOs to earn money
Yes you are right about that. The business is profitable only if you have the great project in the market. People here are very rational and they can easily pick a good ICO so they will of course invest. There are many coins in the market as well which do not have a good market but majority of the investors stay away and do not invest.

They rather go for the coins with good ratings. The image of ICO has been ruined by many fake impotent ICOs and this is why people prefer not to invest in this business as it leads to nowhere but loss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:57:55 PM

Because there are some scam ICO around us. People tend to lose their hope because of ICO scam.You should think carefully before deciding to invest in any ICO project
Well, that is what most of the potential investors are always too skeptical about as well and it takes someone with some balls to really want to be taking a huge risk in an unregulated environment, and not just balls for risks, but at least having some knowledge to guide you through somehow but it is still always a big risk irrespective.

Being an unregulated environment, no law, no policy, which gives room for every single person to practically do as they please and this, is the reason why we end up seeing scammers in this space almost every day without any fear or remorse.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:17:59 PM

In the previous year i.e in the early stage of crypto currency till the early 2017 ICOs was one the most means to gain huge profit of out ones investment but it all changed ever since the crypto currency market hit high traffic in the year 2017 cause a lot of online scammers seize the opportunity of ICOs to scammed investors.
Nevertheless, the biggest risk factor that make people feel uneasy in terms of ICO investment are the flooded part of the ICOs system and there's no company or body which ensure only genuine ICOs are available on the cryptocurrency market or community.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:19:56 PM

Actually, investment in Ico is not too risky and can even provide decent benefits, provided you have knowledge and conduct research in choosing a solid Ico project, which is a risk when investing without having an understanding of the Ico project itself.

dr_chen

Activity: 494
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:29:02 PM

I think we are still able to find good ICO projects, we must do so much research enough for it. Unfortunately, good projects are badly affected by scam projects.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:35:06 AM

Yes i have to admit that they are indeed carrying a level of risk in investing in them. But you can definitely decrease the risk by reading into the ICO and tracking their progress before you even put your money into them. Knowledge on this business really goes a long way and could even make and break your investments.

Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:07:50 AM

Yeah, fancy dreams, I liked that point a lot. They are really nothing but bunch of the ideas which looks like great and out of the box. But when it comes to the reality then they are very very hard to develop easily. I guess with the current system of ICO's most of them are just pretending to show off and attract the customers. Mostly new customers will always fall for this trap and they will think they are investing into the crypto future and will make tons of money out of it.

The only ICO's that can survive now are the one's with real world product and services which are already happening and they just want to scale it up! Or else ICO's should at least be giving out MVP that is Minimal Viable Product to have more trust over them.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 05:32:14 AM

I guess the next topic should be how can we improve the world of ICO's where so many scams are occurring all the time. I mean you have explained the straight points which are really troubling for the ICO investments these days and making them very much risky all the time.

The risk is all because of its decentralised nature, they are unregulated market and thus there is no where to complain about something if anything is going wrong. Believe me, ICO are just great at deceiving people and stealing their money. I have seen ICO's who has raised more than billion and still going scam. I dont know what makes them run, whether it is the money that they get or what.
Rejevunator

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:51:30 AM

because there is no binding responsibility, investors are still looking for any collateral and this is still subjective like buying a cat in a sack. If the ICO promotion is clearly regulated and not all of them can qualify, it won't be too chaotic now. The emergence of a too messy ICO can make many fraudsters infiltrate because there are no specific standards and it seems that it is still too easy to make.
I did investment with some ICO and gain nothing. I found few of them profitable but i am not well satisfy with them.For me ICO investment are fully risky and a lots of investors lose there money with ICO.
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 07:59:55 AM

Actually I have get few good ICO for successful my investment planning,but definitely right my investment lot of lossing to many ICO .but why,I don't know but I have lossing huge my money.
aceustere

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 09:47:57 AM

True, there are lots of scammers these days and sometimes you can hardly tell the ones that are real is scam. It’s good to take your time in choosing ICO these days, don’t rush into anything cause if you do it might be scam. Not after working hard for a very long time and at the end of all that you lose your money, makes no sense. So always take out some time to check ICO before investing.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:33:20 AM

because there is no binding responsibility, investors are still looking for any collateral and this is still subjective like buying a cat in a sack. If the ICO promotion is clearly regulated and not all of them can qualify, it won't be too chaotic now. The emergence of a too messy ICO can make many fraudsters infiltrate because there are no specific standards and it seems that it is still too easy to make.
Then who will provide regulation for ICO while everything is decentralized on the internet? who is the institution that can be a role
model for this? but that is a good idea. so there are no tens of shit projects that will only do scamming on investors like today
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:31:34 PM

If you want to get astronomical gains you have to get into a project at ground level.  Think of how much money the early investors of Facebook and Amazon made.  But for every Amazon there will be hundreds of companies that will fail miserably.  The risk vs reward potential is enormous when investing in start ups.  This is why I never recommend going all in on one project.
cc80aa

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:56:08 PM

It is very important for the investors to learn and be aware of the project which are going to be funded with their ICO investment.
     This involves careful study and analysis of the ico whitepaper which is created and published by business entities intending to raise funds through icos.
      The accessibility, transparency, authenticity and credibility of the ICO whitepaper in question and the information contained initial are of paramount importance.This knowledge and awareness could prove to be immersely helpful for the investors to remains vigil and guard themselves against falling pray to scams.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:24:59 PM

Yes we all know it is very risky to join ICOs given that it is more lika a gamble. We will never know if the business will really live to our expectations or just die like any of the failed ICOs. It is beyond our control not even the team's, it is about how well the ICO is accepted among its users or clients. So for me the last part that talks about trust is really important given that not all can be trusted and anybody can just do scam without being noticeable immediately. So research should be done before joining it. 

serizawa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

there is no license for the success of ico and not yet strong ico community so from that ico is very high risk.
honestly I have never participated in ico, I only saw the development of ico and currently ico is really not good due to the bitcoin market still in bear
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:25:24 PM

I believed that investing in the ico was very dangerous to do it, because the only things we can decide for it to invest is our trust. Therefore, if we have that trust in every ico the feelings of doubt and fear in the form of investment  for sure risk is no longer be there. But, if we have those fear and doubt the risk will get involve or apply in it.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:42:31 PM

I believed that investing in the ico was very dangerous to do it, because the only things we can decide for it to invest is our trust. Therefore, if we have that trust in every ico the feelings of doubt and fear in the form of investment  for sure risk is no longer be there. But, if we have those fear and doubt the risk will get involve or apply in it.
agree with you. sometimes the results that appear do not become what you expected. Well, it's like an investment that can make you lose money, or it can make you rich. In essence, when you participate and invest, you must understand the risks that can occur.
cryptorima

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:55:09 PM

Yes, but the doubt comes in us, when we invest in the ico without researching well. So we must verify the projects before investing in any ico. Then fear and doubt in us will not work.
Hustinog

Activity: 191
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 04:41:03 PM

I think the ICO investments is very risky because if you investment in ICO you don't know if that ICO will be success or not, and another thing is many ICOs nowadays are scam and failed to reach there softcap so I think it is risky.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: