Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Investments Why Risky?  (Read 2855 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
randyg29

Activity: 330
Merit: 10

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:25:59 AM

Making an investments in some ICO really risky for me because we don't know if that ICO will make a big growth to our investments that we made and if the ICO we invested are legit one's. That's why some people say's that investing to ICO's are too risky and we don't even know if they can get the success at the end of the campaign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
plptplp

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 10:53:44 AM

Do people tend to lose hope because now there are many scams ICO. The scammers always seize the opportunity of the ICO to cheat the righteous investors. I think that's why investing in ICOs is risky.
Jaka.Sembuh

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 11:54:23 AM

the most risky factor in ICO investment is when we get an ICO project that is scam and for now the investment in ICO is very unprofitable because every time they are listed on the exchange the price is very low even some are not worthy and that is very detrimental to investors.
Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 12:06:49 PM

the most risky factor in ICO investment is when we get an ICO project that is scam and for now the investment in ICO is very unprofitable because every time they are listed on the exchange the price is very low even some are not worthy and that is very detrimental to investors.
actually if investor and other token holder want to set their selling price above ico price , the projects still could be profitable for them.their mental didnt strong to do that.
Watashi Yamashita

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 12, 2018, 01:59:45 PM

ICO projects have entered our lives with an incredible pace last year. People who follow the market very closely through these projects have very serious boilers and users who do not follow the market too could only hear information about projects. This investment sector, which saw a significant increase in the last year, managed to earn significant investments in the first quarter of this year, but unfortunately such investments cannot offer as much guarantee as before and cannot provide as much profit as before. Everyone can clearly see the end of the era of being rich by investing in ICO. And what risks does this investment vehicle have? Why is it not so favorable or favored by many investors today? Have you ever wondered the answer to these questions? In this article, I will tell you the answers and the reasons for all these questions.

Virtual Product

Virtual products are the first to be trusted or unreliable in ICO projects. The point to be mentioned with the virtual product word here is the expectation of profit margin return with the sale of a real and non-existent product. A token (product), which is not yet in the market, is sold to investors with a certain value. The investor thinks that when he buys these tokens, he will sell them with certain values and in some projects, he cannot go beyond imagination from some projects. In short, we are paid for a product that does not have any value yet and we think that we will sell it more profitably in the future. In this case, successful projects do not take place in some projects or completely explode in the hands of the investor.

Fancy Dreams

It is another risk factor related to the topic mentioned in a higher title. Once the project team has set a price for its product, it also tells its investors the price to sell. It is wrong to make such a clear value estimate for a product that is not yet completed or a product that has not yet been completed. As a result, each project will be successful and reach the target price and it can pass the price is not a rule. For example, let's say we get 10,000 X-Tokens for 1 ETH. The project team is going to sell this imaginary by stating that the value of these 10,000 X-Tokens will be 3 ETH. Then, we start to dream with this money. The big day is coming, and without any mishap the project is achieving success. In this case, the dreams sold to us become reality and we are doubling our money (who knows, maybe more?). But in case the project is not successful, our money is either decreasing or completely disappearing. In this case, the dreams sold to us are frustrated and have no value. This is why ICO projects sell us a dream when they actually offer investment opportunities.

Discenterless Management

The fact that many ICO projects have decentralized management is another risk factor. Since there is no center, the product to be produced or the imagination sold to us is open to many speculations. For this reason, our investments can be seriously valued with severe changes and serious losses may be experienced. It is important to note that this risk factor is present in many types of cryptocurrencies.

Law

Undoubtedly, I think many people know or predict this risk factor. In the crypto money market, unfortunately, there is no formal rule-of-law or formal legal framework (although not a few states try to take measures). Because this is not a legal framework or a rule framework, the investments in such imaginary products can be very risky for this reason. Of course, high risk means high earnings, but you are not able to do any legal action when you are defrauded in your investments. It is for this reason that many litter projects have recently made ICO and have made serious gains by making big picks.

Risk

Another risk factor that can be linked with an upper substance is trust. Since there is no legal regulation in this market, we can face many trust shortages when investing. Therefore, doing a detailed research on the members of the project team before making an investment will help us achieve a very useful result. With this research, the problem of trust will be solved and at least one risk factor will be reduced.

What is the biggest risk factor that makes you feel uneasy when investing in ICO? I am waiting for your answers with your explanations short or long.
I think investimg in ico is risky because just like investing in a banks and if that bank  goes bankrupt your money will lost and in ico if you invest in ico if that ico failed your money will also lost so its a risk taking to invest in icos.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 12:48:19 AM

ICO investments are risky simply because of the anonymity factor in this. you never know who are you transacting with. You just have an email confirmation on this and you really can never track if something came up. On the other hand, you can really never tell if the market is good or not, especially now, the market had been very unstable, so your investments will be. If I am allowed to give an advise, I would suggest to just invest a fair amount that you can afford to lose. and do research first before investing.
MoreMoneyHunt

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

IQCash

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:00:24 AM

ICOs are good means to make profit in crypto. Like any other investment portfolio, it is very risky when you invest blindly without any adequate knowledge in that investment. This is what most investors do - they jump into ICOs without first ascertaining whether it is capable of succeeding or not. Knowledge in crypto is very essential.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
johnalyn

Activity: 314
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 01:45:51 AM

Yes of course ICO's still more risky in investing because what we are talking about here is money and we can't sure our investments if it will grow in the coming months after the ICO's finishes their target success. And I think it is the best way to deal with the risk is to be really careful in choosing in investing our money in a currency we like to invest to make sure it won't lose.

Code:
◆Telegram ◆Twitter  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper ◆Reddit
         ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚         
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:10:19 AM

I think most of the risk is to invest in fraudulent ICOs. The rest can not be traded because it is not exchanged. But I find that there are still a lot of good ICO. It is important to have the knowledge to choose a good ICO.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:22:07 AM

ICO investments are risky because we already know that there are many scam ICO that already stole millions of dollars from investors. Additionally, it's not only ICO scams that make ICO very risky investment, it's the fact that it can fail anytime if it can't reach its target capital.
this condition that make investors affraid to put their money into ico projects.so we often to see many ico did not reach their target and finally project failed.
people trying to get benefit from cryptocurrency market by doing wrong thing and harming other people.actually this market really give us opportunity to earn money without spend any money.if we want we could join on bounty campaign, so didnt need to make fake ico or hack wallet.
but sometimes many people want to get a lot of money in an instant. so that it only collects funds and is taken away. therefore investors must study it in detail before investing
Its true, and most of the project now are doing the same thing but the saddest part is that many investors are still falling on this and losing lots of money because of a scam ICO's. Its getting riskier now to invest on the ICO for so many reason, even if you read a lot everything about that project the probability to earn money is very low.

Risk is normal in every investment, but since greedy people mostly with the ICO's they make this market more riskier. The best way to earn money without losing money is through bounties and signature campaign but of course there still a risk of wasting your time if its a scam ICO.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:35:40 AM

We don't know which ICO could reach their target in the future and since the market still on the progress to increase, we need to wait for the right time to see when the ICO get listed on the exchange. It is too risky to invest in the ICO because right now, many ICO delays their project and many investors become afraid to invest in the project. I heard from my friends that they are not getting paid from the ICO because the team decided to delay the payment time and the dev only said we need to wait for a while because of the situation in the market.
CryptoMoar

Activity: 450
Merit: 107

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2018, 03:44:48 AM

because there are currently too many ICOs and some of the ICOs are scams. then there is no guarantee that ICO tokens can last long or not. most ICO tokens cannot last long. and also the value drops very fast. so in my opinion it is better to invest in altcoins that already have a market capitalization and have survived long enough in the crypto market. but there are also a few successful ICO tokens that aren't all scam.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 03:50:17 AM

This post should be introduce to beginners and help. I believe that this will help newbie whom starting to look for an ICO to invest. As we all that investing without experience will definitely lead to getting scam or waste of money invested in a wrong project. This should be directed to all newbies in that section OP. This post is really helpful.
vixcious

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:01:42 AM

The biggest risk factor for me to get into ICO is the reputation of the team and the founder. If they are not reputable people, they can not make a great deal of money in this market. Next to that is the lack of experience in financial management. Missing one of those 2 things, my portfolio will break.

BitcoinTurk (OP)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

We don't know which ICO could reach their target in the future and since the market still on the progress to increase, we need to wait for the right time to see when the ICO get listed on the exchange. It is too risky to invest in the ICO because right now, many ICO delays their project and many investors become afraid to invest in the project. I heard from my friends that they are not getting paid from the ICO because the team decided to delay the payment time and the dev only said we need to wait for a while because of the situation in the market.

Unfortunately, due to bad market conditions, ICO projects are no longer successful. If we think that even the highest quality projects are far below the ICO price, it would not be logical to make an ICO investment today. Especially when it opened to the many projects we can accept the transaction to think that far below the rates needed to invest in the ICON ICON process is not a very smart move. One the other hand, I think it necessary to add ICON market conditions of the time and we lost as a result of the extension period should not be done today in the account of ICOM investments. For example, in my most recent ICO project, I had 13 NEO balances, which amounted to about $ 650. I paid off my investment after months and now it has a value of 13 NEO 90 USD. In short, investing in ICO today will not cause anything other than regret and harm.
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:43:31 AM

There is risk attached to every investment. ICO investment only becomes risky when an investor enter the project or buy a particular coin without any further knowledge about the project or the capabilities of the coin bought. Not all coins on the market become successful at the end if the day, hence it is necessary to study the project before joining its ICO.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:53:55 AM

There is risk attached to every investment. ICO investment only becomes risky when an investor enter the project or buy a particular coin without any further knowledge about the project or the capabilities of the coin bought. Not all coins on the market become successful at the end if the day, hence it is necessary to study the project before joining its ICO.

there are huge risk when investing in crypto it is because first, when you invest there are risk that you wont be able to get what is for you it is because maybe the team wont pay back your investment. Second the risk that the coin that youve gain from investing might have no good value at all.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 12:37:11 PM

ICO is very risky due to the impersonating of developers to the people. They just copied some good look person so that they can be a trusted person in cryptocurrency. It harms us because we cannot see the real person who develop a certain project unless if there is a video that the developers can be seen by public. Well, that is just in my opinion and a reason why I do not easily invest in ICO projects.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
gadimbrut

Activity: 418

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:06:42 PM

in my opinion at this time investment in ico is very high risk, this year ICO is not interesting for me because this year I lost a lot of money because of following ico, I prefer to trade and buy good coins in exchange to hold and wait for high prices sell it. in my opinion it's more profitable.
Asian_Dynasty

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

ICO projects have entered our lives with an incredible pace last year. People who follow the market very closely through these projects have very serious boilers and users who do not follow the market too could only hear information about projects. This investment sector, which saw a significant increase in the last year, managed to earn significant investments in the first quarter of this year, but unfortunately such investments cannot offer as much guarantee as before and cannot provide as much profit as before. Everyone can clearly see the end of the era of being rich by investing in ICO. And what risks does this investment vehicle have? Why is it not so favorable or favored by many investors today? Have you ever wondered the answer to these questions? In this article, I will tell you the answers and the reasons for all these questions.

Virtual Product

Virtual products are the first to be trusted or unreliable in ICO projects. The point to be mentioned with the virtual product word here is the expectation of profit margin return with the sale of a real and non-existent product. A token (product), which is not yet in the market, is sold to investors with a certain value. The investor thinks that when he buys these tokens, he will sell them with certain values and in some projects, he cannot go beyond imagination from some projects. In short, we are paid for a product that does not have any value yet and we think that we will sell it more profitably in the future. In this case, successful projects do not take place in some projects or completely explode in the hands of the investor.

Fancy Dreams

It is another risk factor related to the topic mentioned in a higher title. Once the project team has set a price for its product, it also tells its investors the price to sell. It is wrong to make such a clear value estimate for a product that is not yet completed or a product that has not yet been completed. As a result, each project will be successful and reach the target price and it can pass the price is not a rule. For example, let's say we get 10,000 X-Tokens for 1 ETH. The project team is going to sell this imaginary by stating that the value of these 10,000 X-Tokens will be 3 ETH. Then, we start to dream with this money. The big day is coming, and without any mishap the project is achieving success. In this case, the dreams sold to us become reality and we are doubling our money (who knows, maybe more?). But in case the project is not successful, our money is either decreasing or completely disappearing. In this case, the dreams sold to us are frustrated and have no value. This is why ICO projects sell us a dream when they actually offer investment opportunities.

Discenterless Management

The fact that many ICO projects have decentralized management is another risk factor. Since there is no center, the product to be produced or the imagination sold to us is open to many speculations. For this reason, our investments can be seriously valued with severe changes and serious losses may be experienced. It is important to note that this risk factor is present in many types of cryptocurrencies.

Law

Undoubtedly, I think many people know or predict this risk factor. In the crypto money market, unfortunately, there is no formal rule-of-law or formal legal framework (although not a few states try to take measures). Because this is not a legal framework or a rule framework, the investments in such imaginary products can be very risky for this reason. Of course, high risk means high earnings, but you are not able to do any legal action when you are defrauded in your investments. It is for this reason that many litter projects have recently made ICO and have made serious gains by making big picks.

Risk

Another risk factor that can be linked with an upper substance is trust. Since there is no legal regulation in this market, we can face many trust shortages when investing. Therefore, doing a detailed research on the members of the project team before making an investment will help us achieve a very useful result. With this research, the problem of trust will be solved and at least one risk factor will be reduced.

What is the biggest risk factor that makes you feel uneasy when investing in ICO? I am waiting for your answers with your explanations short or long.

Now investors become clever and invest just in project which has experienced team, MVP, real apply for blockchain and
influential mentors. Yes, last year was good for people who want easely gather money for their unreal product, but it is ok for innovation sphere.

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: