Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Investments Why Risky?  (Read 2855 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:10:26 PM

I have not get good luck in investing into icos and the few one that I have invested is not doing very well in the market.  Icos investments is very risky and many investors have lose significant amounts of money.  I don't think we can really succeed the ways people and investors are losing money through icos scam projects.
Yes, what you like right now is that many investors are starting to lose interest in investing by joining the ICO because they end up getting inappropriate rewards for low sales token and fraud prices so they don't get any rewards to do research and pay attention to the project's vision and mission

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
therwtonn

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:36:15 PM

I think we are still able to find good ICO projects, we must do so much research enough for it. Unfortunately, good projects are badly affected by scam projects.
Yeah you are right scammers are everywhere in the world and they want to collect money in illegal means and for that they announce scam project and loot innocent investors. No doubt there are still many good and authentic projects in which we can invest our money without fear of losing but for that we will have to check the credibility of project manager.
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:22:55 PM

Among the many factors that can prevent me from investing in a particular ICO project is the lack of a relative stability or high volatility of the crypto market lately. The number of scam projects in recent times have affected the rate at which people invest in projects. Last year was really amazing for the world of crypto as many ICO projects were really successful in terms of achieving their targets.This year has been stressful for the world of crypto.
babaya

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:27:18 PM

I think we are still able to find good ICO projects, we must do so much research enough for it. Unfortunately, good projects are badly affected by scam projects.
Yeah you are right scammers are everywhere in the world and they want to collect money in illegal means and for that they announce scam project and loot innocent investors. No doubt there are still many good and authentic projects in which we can invest our money without fear of losing but for that we will have to check the credibility of project manager.
although today many fake ico appear in market, there are still many good projects too.but now being difficult to find it.and we need to be patience and make some  research
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:05:30 PM

the success of the blockchain project is measured by the amount of investor funds and the number of distribution of tokens in circulation. investment risk is always there, both in the form of declining value tokens, and team developers who commit fraud for personal gain.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:34:44 PM

much people take advantages from cryptocurrency booming.they want to earn money without any work.just make fake ico or maybe steal other people asset from wallet.so today many people afraid investing in crypto market.
Yeah, we know that is a common thing and it happens even in the real world in which you can get scammed and then the person running away with your funds. A lot of people do not get to do due diligence before even making any attempt to invest in an ICO or anything at all. They hear people making shit loads of money in the long run, and they just assumed and imagined that is something they should pretty much just go for without even getting to know some little details that would help them in making their decisions. ICO investment is risky, but what you do to minimize the risk on your part is what is important.

Well said, I know OP that you have take part also in the ICO investment that is why you probably know all of this because of your experience in joining ICO investments.
Yeah, experience one way or the other will always teach us some lessons, but you necessarily do not need to have a bad experience on something if you can at least dig up some information on how to thrive in that environment. A lot of people have made investment mistakes in the past, and it is a good thing to always learn from people like this and then inculcate that learning into your own decision making. Learning is one process a lot of people skip nowadays because they are always too lazy to research and read; which is something that has affected a lot even in this space.
bitcoinMyLife

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:45:47 AM

Because many irresponsible people want to take benefits from crypto growth and they dont have real project. Some ICOs very slow when want to land on exchanger and it make investor waiting too long.
Regulation of course would really be of help with things like this. For instance, when the Centra token team was arrested based on the fact that they deceived their investors somehow when they do not have a specific product and then claimed they had it, and that really made things go awry for them at the end and then we saw the project dead.

Investors need to know how to always dig deep on the market they want to invest in first which is highly important at this stage. At least until when we start seeing some laws in place.
ICO investment is risky because it is not guaranteed that it will give you any profit or take your money. I never invest in new ICO because many of them are scams and if not listed in exchange, it will take all your money and the problem is that you cannot claim your money. There are many good coins in the market you can invest any one of them.
Helpme_please

Activity: 633
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:33:12 AM

Most of the ICOs after listing on exchange loses initial value, especially if they have low trading volume, so it is usually better to buy coin on exchange plus when you are buying on exchange you probably do not have to pass KYC process.
Although there always will be gems and pearls of ICOs that are great investments.
buying coins or tokens on ico stages become very risky today.since much beginner investor become dumper, now ico stages become not profitable again.personally i am prefer to avoid ico.
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:48:50 AM

ICO investment is so risky because of the fact that there are factors that can hamper, derailed, or even make an ICO fail. Most of the investors including me have already experienced that the token price gets so low than its original ICO price the moment it is listed on the market.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:18:51 AM

I would venture to add to the above in a post a couple more comments. 2017 was held under the auspices of the bull market and ICO gave investors the maximum profit when investing in cryptocurrency. Even frankly weak projects raised the necessary funds. The market was growing rapidly, and no one noticed the problems in the ICO sector. In 2018, the market began to fall and the fees of ICO projects became much smaller and more scam. Now only frankly strong projects collect the necessary funds and make a profit to investors. Another problem for ICO projects is that there are significantly more new projects than in 2017, and there are fewer investments in ICO.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
Helpme_please

Activity: 633

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:24:39 AM

ICO investment is so risky because of the fact that there are factors that can hamper, derailed, or even make an ICO fail. Most of the investors including me have already experienced that the token price gets so low than its original ICO price the moment it is listed on the market.
too many dumpers in market today.although its coins has good future they dont care about this.holding fiat more secure in their opinion if compared with holding cryptocurrency in current condition.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

The previous ico investment income is very high, so many scammers are eyeing the ico project!
They use the blockchain to disguise their own projects, so now ico's investment risk is great!
Be careful to invest in ico!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Corelianer

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:14:44 AM

Most ICO are either scams, or easier coins to buy after the IPO. Therefore, while such investments are not relevant for me
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

The previous ico investment income is very high, so many scammers are eyeing the ico project!
They use the blockchain to disguise their own projects, so now ico's investment risk is great!
Be careful to invest in ico!
It is very noticeable for now and I think we all aware for these scenarios but it sadly some individuals falls into scam project again.
It looks like scammers are doing good and strategies well so they can't recognize easily, and they can still catch people.
ginellis

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:34:40 PM

Yes i have to admit that they are indeed carrying a level of risk in investing in them. But you can definitely decrease the risk by reading into the ICO and tracking their progress before you even put your money into them. Knowledge on this business really goes a long way and could even make and break your investments.
Risk is also in big coins like bitcoin and Ethereum, but it doesn’t mean that we should quit cryptocurrency investment. if you search for good and quality projects you will find it there, but you must prepare yourself for any situation. If you find good project, you can earn lot of money in very short time but should analyze the project thoroughly to avoid scams.
hero1111

Activity: 1582
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:48:07 PM

There are many scam projects nowadays it is getting more day by day  .  People lost their money with scam projects  and when they lost their money with scam projects they can not  do anything because law is not helping to investors about it because of icos  are risky.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:07:57 PM

There are many scam projects nowadays it is getting more day by day  .  People lost their money with scam projects  and when they lost their money with scam projects they can not  do anything because law is not helping to investors about it because of icos  are risky.
I think also it is a great threat for crypto lovers that day by day scam project are increasing. People are losing their money for investing on such kind of scam project. All the ico are not equal and all are not potential, profitable. For avoiding risk, we should choose best ico.
LieTOme

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:11:57 PM

It's actually not that risky if you do lots of research.  Its risky for the idiots that throw money at anything that is hyped up with lots of advertising.
all investments with cryptocurrencies are certainly risky because we know that it requires confidence and patience in investing with cryptocurrencies, how to expose the eyes of these risks is our own strategy
bezygly

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:34:50 PM

Wow! You have designed a great article. I hope that the BTT will have similar articles. I agree with your position on ICO. I myself invest more than 1.5 years in ICO.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:50:16 PM

Wow! You have designed a great article. I hope that the BTT will have similar articles. I agree with your position on ICO. I myself invest more than 1.5 years in ICO.

Without researching about the ICO, it is very bad idea to invest in ICO because we don't know after raising money whether they will develop the project what they mentioned in the roadmap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: