Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:08:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LET US- LIST - some old established projects that could be under the radar.  (Read 300 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:17:34 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2018, 04:16:37 PM by cryptohunter

Let's create a list of older more established projects where the dev team is still highly active. The original dev team - not some take over pump and dump crew.

No icos after 2016 - the newer ones are probably still pretending to be active whilst using up all the " dev funding" before leaveing to start a new project.

List some good old projects with the original team still pushing ahead - should have a use case that could possibly make it shine from bunches of clones. Like where the dev team has been first to make a beneficial change to a code they forked. Of course if they have created their own code from the ground up that is even better.

I will read the posts and add them this OP

I will add some to get you started then we can either add or remove project based on arguments presented.

** adding this*** let's locate good projects under the radar ( i.e not already very well known top 30 projects) since these will surely be ripe for better ROI

Bitbay
blocknet
komodo
Byteball
Litecoin - added suggestion of Red-Apple - not sure how much of an investment opportunity such high cap coins are
sys

doge - ** not sure about the activity but has been suggested
xmr - active not sure how much of an investment opportunity already well known top 10
Lisk - suggested by krisnajsadrak

add older projects here where the dev team is still going strong....

NO KNOWN AND PROVEN SCAM COINS CAN BE ADDED TO THIS LIST.

It would seem the old thread like this got deleted somehow.

Try to highlight what makes them stand out and reasons why you believe they are going  to stand a chance in this field from here.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:45:19 PM

come on surely the entire forum is not bots and noobs that didn't hear of bitcoin before 2017?

there must be 1% left of crypto enthusiasts that followed interesting crypto projects in the past?

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:45:54 PM

obvious answer is obvious: litecoin

it has been around nearly as long as bitcoin and the developers team, specifically Charlie Lee has been active ever since. granted most of it is copying code from bitcoin but still active.
here is the dev profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=20651

there are more coins but i haven't really checked them out regarding their developing status and activity. i mostly am involved in trading them Tongue
example: Namecoin, Peercoin, Reddcoin, Bytecoin,... or big names such as Monero

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:38:19 PM

it has been around nearly as long as bitcoin and the developers team, specifically Charlie Lee has been active ever since. granted most of it is copying code from bitcoin but still active.
here is the dev profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=20651

there are more coins but i haven't really checked them out regarding their developing status and activity. i mostly am involved in trading them Tongue

litecoin - yes of course -

are the others still being actively developed by the original teams too?

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:43:56 PM

Syscoin is the first one that came into mind since it is one of the projects I closely follow but you already listed it. I cannot think of others at the moment but I'll keep an eye on this thread. This should an interesting one, this is probably the thread where we can easily recognize the "old guards"  Grin
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:30:25 PM

Syscoin is the first one that came into mind since it is one of the projects I closely follow but you already listed it. I cannot think of others at the moment but I'll keep an eye on this thread. This should an interesting one, this is probably the thread where we can easily recognize the "old guards"  Grin

It would be an interesting thread for sure but sadly 99% of this board is just bots and people that came after 2017

Let's await and see what happens but really this board is practically unreadable now ..especially this alt main board.

crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 09:23:38 PM

I think this kind of list would be very useful for crypto investors. We are especially in the times when there are too many losses from scam projects. Everyone has to be very careful.
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 09:56:22 PM

I certainly wasn't in this space pre-2017. Hence, I'm here to learn and I've also taken the liberty to bookmark the page for reference purposes and to shape my investment decisions. Thank you for this topic created.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

Not sure about that but it seems still developer by the profesional team
https://globalcoinreport.com/is-charlie-lee-leaving-litecoin-ltc-for-the-sake-of-decentralization/

Bytecoin should not be included because the latest news from binance has proven it if that coin is not having a lot of credibility right now.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:51:48 PM

Not sure about that but it seems still developer by the profesional team
https://globalcoinreport.com/is-charlie-lee-leaving-litecoin-ltc-for-the-sake-of-decentralization/

Bytecoin should not be included because the latest news from binance has proven it if that coin is not having a lot of credibility right now.

thanks that is interesting

I think coblee will always be with ltc but sold (apparently sold) his stash so his twitter and other announcements could not be perceived as gaming the market. However all devs teams actually have that same power.

There were rumours he sold most of his stash to his brother anyway

IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:18:12 PM

You forgot to indicate Monero, this is also an old coin, the community of which is very active today and continues to develop. There is also a Dash, but what about happy Dogecoin. More I do not come, nothing comes to mind from the fact that it is now active in the world of crypto!
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:25:27 PM

but what about happy Dogecoin.
For a while, I was trying to know what is DogeCoin, lol. Just kidding. DogeCoin DEV team isn't active, is it?

@OP
I didn't have too much knowledge because I had distracted from crypto sphere for a while. Anyway, I can say DeepOnion's DEV is quite active but it is not too much older. It had started in July 2017.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:42:44 PM

I think a few good suggestions...

doge -the original dev is out but I think there is some reasonable development going on right now although and has been for some time. Is this not dogethereum related. I have not been keeping up with that one.

friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

I have been following SYScoin from the very beginning I started following crypto. It is a complete mystery as to how its value is lower than half of its last year's value. This project is bursting with ambition and potential, there's constant and impressive development, transparency and good communication. It consistently appears in the top hit lists and blockchain leaderboards, yet it fails to raise. That is, of course, if you assume that value reflects content.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 02:46:10 PM

I have been following SYScoin from the very beginning I started following crypto. It is a complete mystery as to how its value is lower than half of its last year's value. This project is bursting with ambition and potential, there's constant and impressive development, transparency and good communication. It consistently appears in the top hit lists and blockchain leaderboards, yet it fails to raise. That is, of course, if you assume that value reflects content.

That is exactly what we should assume but with the wave of noobs being scammed into buying trash it sadly does not work like that.

Barbatos

Activity: 272
Merit: 11

www.becent.com

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:57:37 PM

Let's create a list of older more established projects where the dev team is still highly active. The original dev team - not some take over pump and dump crew.

No icos after 2016 - the newer ones are probably still pretending to be active whilst using up all the " dev funding" before leaveing to start a new project.

List some good old projects with the original team still pushing ahead - hopefully some with a good use cases too.

I will add some to get you started then we can either add or remove project based on arguments presented.

** adding this*** let's locate good projects under the radar ( i.e not already very well known top 30 projects) since these will surely be ripe for better ROI

Bitbay
blocknet
komodo
Byteball
Litecoin - added suggestion of Red-Apple - not sure how much of an investment opportunity such high cap coins are
sys

xmr - active not sure how much of an investment opportunity already well known top 10

It may be hard to find an active project among ones that held ICO several month ago, so it shoudl be hard for you to find a many options for your list.

masterfu678

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

www.becent.com

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:25:14 PM

List some good old projects with the original team still pushing ahead - hopefully some with a good use cases too.

Bitbay
blocknet
komodo
Byteball
sys

It is needed to be defined, what is active team. For example, some projects publish updates several times a year, but it could not be called activity, as for me.

Reinz12

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 01:36:10 PM

Last year, I saw Bitbean still active and supported by the community, or maybe the community took over? I am not clear. What is certain is that these 2 altcoins, dash and bitbean are supported by a great community besides Doge because they are able to survive until now
Khiceog

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:06:57 PM

Bitbay
blocknet
komodo
Byteball
sys

Feathercoin is pretty good. I cannot say that team is very active, but still, sometimes they try to improve the project, but they fail, because there are better options on the market.
TamaraKul

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:45:17 PM

What about many BTC clones? Should we count them as active independed projects? Because most of them do some stuff just when BTC blockchain updates and this is all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: