Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:58:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to trade altcoins?  (Read 1834 times)
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 02:32:00 PM

for trading in altcoin you can enter the price when conditions are falling and it is better to buy when the bitcoin price falls because it is certain that the altcoin price will also fall when the price of bitcoin falls after that you can sell it when the price returns high, so far I only use the method it's for trading and can get profit every day because I buy not just one altcoin but buy some potential altcoins.
What is even mostly important is to understand what you are doing as a trader and have the solid knowledge when it comes to making a trade. Without that, no matter what, you cannot thrive. It is a very volatile market, and altcoins are pretty volatile, but as long as you can identify long term support levels, look out for reversal signals, and then not forgetting that stop loss is important as you know that bitcoin giving a negative vibe can affect the whole market pretty fast, then you will be fine but if you have no strategy, it would be hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:26:21 PM

Hello everyone. So recently I've been trading bitcoin for alt coins as I find that alt coins are far more volatile due to lower volume compared to Bitcoin and thus more profitable when it comes to day trading. Any great alt coins I should be looking into for trading? I'd like to hear your opinion on this method of trading!

Bitcoin is one but altcoin have many coins, meaning many opportunity to make money of course have many different price action depend bitcoin. Most people will give you the same advice like me. See coinmarketcap or any crypto web and see their list under bitcoin, take 2 - 5 coins to replace your asset in there. It's more safe than using bot or professional opinion because the coins already filter by web depend market price action. Take the easy way and enjoy the journey.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:00:09 PM

Just make sure to choose the right token when it comes to altcoin trading. Only choose those which has high volume because the volatility is quite good for high volume token. When trading, it's best to combine bitcoin and altcoin. Stick only in bitcoin is no good, and it's the same for the opposite. Combining will result in bigger chance to earn profit. However, as you know trading is quite risky, even for the expert. So do your trading carefully, don't be easily influenced by others. Feel it with your own tempo.
Asides from even choosing the right coin, you need to access your level of knowledge in trading the market first. Do you know how to trade? What indicators you make use of as well as your strategy when it comes to buying a position, selling and stopping loss. They are the major important factors you need in a market, irrespective of the market you are trading.

One thing I have always known is that, if you tend to not use some signals with altcoin market to know the possibility of a reversal, using bitcoin alone will not help. Sure, bitcoin movement always have a lot to do in most cases, but you also want to be sure, this is something that you are most definitely looking at some indications for bullish movement in altcoins as well before making any move.
daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:22:38 PM

Hello everyone. So recently I've been trading bitcoin for alt coins as I find that alt coins are far more volatile due to lower volume compared to Bitcoin and thus more profitable when it comes to day trading. Any great alt coins I should be looking into for trading? I'd like to hear your opinion on this method of trading!
Actually now it is better to stay away from the trading with altcoins, especially with small altcoins. So personally I prefer to trade trough marginal trading with such cryptocurrencies as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, XRP and Bitcoin cash.
There are some very good altcoin now, they cost just under $ 1, but their growth rate is over time, so I see That altcoin is a potential and we should buy it, but what is especially important is how we choose that coin.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 01:40:28 PM

People always buy altcoins when Bitcoin is at a stable price and sometimes they buy when the price is falling too. Times like this when Bitcoin is stable are the best to trade altcoins have you ever noticed that some altcoins goes up in some days? Maybe if you keep following the market and checking news that focus on altcoins you will be able to know when that happens.
Normally, the signals are always there and as long as you know how to detect them, you will always see them. Asides that, even if you are getting into an altcoin market, you really want to be very careful knowing that it has a lot to do with bitcoin movement, but one thing actually is that once the market starts showing prospect to go up and bitcoin doing so as well when the altcoins are looking for ways to thrive, while being given the environment to do so with bitcoin consolidating in an uptrend, then, that is a good chance to look out for. The most important thing is to always know what you are doing most of the time.
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:31:40 PM

the time of altcoins is when there is a General growth, at this time it is simply not profitable to keep bitcoin, but it is more profitable to trade
paxaway21

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:45:09 PM

I always trade my altcoins already and I have already some altcoin to hold and now their no time limit to start in trading. The market is always open for us to buy and sell.
David78k

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:55:39 PM

One thing though is that even if you want to trade any market and depending on how volatile it is, you should always take your stop loss into consideration a whole lot so you do not end up counting your losses at the end
Guideare

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:49:50 AM

We all know, from "far" it sounds profitable because price can change very fast every day, especially if have high volume. But when you do it, it will be stressful if we jump into day trading and a lot of people will suggest to do long term trading.
It is right that this is not the right time for Altcoin trading. Altcoin prices are very low and there is no growth in the price since bitcoin has dropped. In bitcoin there is still possibility for earning money from daily trading but in Altcoin I think you will rarely find any chance for making profit. Only exchanges can make money from Altcoin these days. You should focus on bitcoin.
petrox.mmm

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:52:39 AM

Off Topic

Thunderstake - The Masternode and POS Coin , TSC is not only a cryp coin.its a brand  .
A hard working team working behind  this project  . Look around our project , you can get it where we are going . we have made products with TSC logo which you can buy from our website with TSC coin as payment. TSC is live on CMC and 5 exchanges  , Cyptobridge,mercatox,Stokes.exchange, bitrex and escodex .
here is our website link https://thunderstake.com/ , and discord link : https://discord.gg/8ZHbhFK  . you can get everything  from here  . have a look  .
chaklee1

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:18:58 AM

Actually, altcoins are not so highly volatile as Bitcoin. But they are dependent on the BTC price a lot. If it's low, then altcoins will also go down, and vice versa. You can buy any reputable altcoin, just don't invest in some brand new coins. Speaking of a particular crypto, I like the idea of Litecoin being a light version of BTC. LTC is supported by the most crypto exchanges, CEX (https://cex.io/ltc-usd) has finally started trading it, but only with USD at the moment.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

if you're looking for good altcoin to trade i prefer you to pick on this "site" then go to top 100 coin and make a research which alt coin is so volatile and good to trade in short time . And by the way after checking the volume  make sure to make technical analysis as well on the pattern of graph to assure the coin you want to trade will fit on your strategy and etc. 
amd6678

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:23:32 AM

the easiest way is buy at support, sell at resistance be patient don't try to sell on top, don't try to buy on deep
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:32:06 PM

you can trade altcoin whenever you want but for better trading altcoin when there is good news from the altcoin, for example when there is listing coin information at a large exchange place as an example of binance, then certainly the altcoin price will rise so take advantage of the moment like that for altcoin trading.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:14:17 PM

Well obviously altcoin is more profitable when it comes to short trade because bitcoin now is less volatile and quite stable at $6000 to $7000. Recommended altcoins would be XRP due to its current rise and increased these past few weeks but it really depends on what you really want it is not on a coin to gain profit but your timing.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:14:22 AM

Our team of investors successfully made a 233% profit by performing leveraged trading of ETH to purchase QNT, a low-cap altcoin that we were able to pump up over 100% in one week. This team plans to do the same by leveraging BTC and ETH volatility while making massive buys of a small altcoin in the CoinExchange.io platform.- t.me/iblockchainglobal

Altcoins are other crypto coins which are less valuable than the Bitcoin and are favorable as short term trading and its experience makes you able to upgrade to higher coins like Bitcoin.

The reason why you start trade with less valuable coins is to have a hold over your loss in case if you have loss in trading then it will not be a huge loss and slowly you will get experience to deal with these crypto coins, after this starting dealing with Bitcoin will not be difficult.

plescruslo

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:06:30 PM

Currently all mayor altcoin followed price action of Bitcoin, when Bitcoin crash or push, others altcoin also will do the samething with biggger volatility. In my opinion will be more profitable if we trade altcoin with stable coin than trade altcoin with Bitcoin. And on the crypto market right now  many exchange offer trading pair altcoin with stable coin.
Apart from Ethereum the prices of almost all Altcoin are very low and you may not be able to make profits from those coins. Therefore it is better for you to trade in Ethereum. Its price is good and if there is a bit increase in the price you may make good money from it, not guaranteed but possible. The best option is only bitcoin for best trading and making money.
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:26:10 PM

Its been a months brother that altcoins was in the red market or declined period of value. Which means you can trade any time you want bro.
But if you're not that good yet in the actual trade, well my tips of advise to you is better not to do it. Because you will only loss of money however, even if you loss at least you will know the feelings of being a trader in the actual platform.
pawanjain

Activity: 2646
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 05:49:25 PM

You can sell your altcoins when BTC price is high when paired with USD. This means that when you sell your alts, you will get less BTC the amount will be more when paired with USD.
Also, if the price of alts is rising while BTC's price is not then it is a good time to sell the alts. It is often seen that alts price keeps depreciating when the BTC's price increase, hence it is the best time to sell the alts when BTC's price and alt's price increase.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptocointrade.com

Activity: 87
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 05:54:49 PM

Coinbase has announced that they are looking into 5 actions in specific: 0x, XLM, Cardano, Zcash and BAT. When/, if they are added the price and volume, will probably increase a lot.

They did add 0x a few days ago and when they will add next cryptocurrency you can expect history to repeat itself.

Therefore, I would look into the 4 remaining ones and trade those.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: