Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Women in Crypto - Where are they and who are they?  (Read 1076 times)
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:25:20 AM

I was able to be a part of a bounty, traxion is the name and if i am not mistaken the ceo is a woman/female, so literally that chick is a crypto enthusiast and knows how to play with it. 

I'll hope cryptocurrency will not be led by feminist in the future.

CRYPTO MUST SAY NO TO WOMEN
YES TO MEN. 

LOL.

Givin as example one of the worst led project and a def scam does not help the case in any way.
Women will join the crypto space right after they will find out that they can spend it Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Andam76

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:56:53 AM

with the development of technology today it is not wrong if a woman participates in the crypto world while they are able to do it ... some projects also have women as a team ... in my opinion there is no problem ...
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 02:35:51 PM

Never heard about Val Yap? One of the product I love on crypto that's all about insurance. She's been on Forbes Asia Under 30.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/val-yap-1/#d3e521c455e7
byteball

Activity: 266
Merit: 42

The rising tide lifts all boats

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:02:53 PM

A week ago I returned from Blockchain Life conference in St.Petersburg.
There were a lot of girls, about half, but they had even less to do with crypto than (most of) the boys.
bchain22
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Be smart, join: https://t.me/cryptofinance24

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:21:55 AM

There are many influential women in crypto. I like to listen to a podcast called Crypto and Blockchain Talk which is led by a wonderful host Aviva - www.cryptoandblockchaintalk.com

I would love to see more women in crypto.
soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:01:43 AM

not sure why on earth it matters one iota, what shape the genitalia of a crypto-enthusiast takes...we dont need more women in crypto...we dont need more men in crypto...we need fewer scammers...we need fewer ppl who are too lazy to even google the simplest crypto-terminology and fewer ppl who continually allow their ignorance to stand in the shadow of their illusion of knowledge as they pump out clone coins as the "next great thing"
Ridaa

Activity: 53
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 05:27:33 AM
Merited by dogtana (1)

Because women are not that good when it comes to business and technical things. It's an evolutionary thing. Men were taking risks by going for a hunts etc. and women stayed in a cave and protected their home/ children. It's still valid. Of course there is lot of women that will take risks and lot of men who won't, but not majority.

It's 2018 where anything can happen and I can't believe you're still stuck on this 'women-lives-in-cage' theory? And jbtw the reason behind it is also some men like who think women as a lowlife creatures. There are so many women I know personally doing so much good in business. It's all about a good mind and some sense of doing a business not GENDER.
dakiller

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:31:24 PM

We should care about their actions instead of understanding "who are they?"
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:43:56 PM
Merited by _Miracle (1)

I've personally met several:

Jessica VerSteeg, CEO of Paragon

Tricia Martinez: Founder/director of Dala and Wala

Mary Jo Potter: CEO of Healthcare angels and blockchain angel investor

Alex Tinsman: North American lead of NEM

Off the top of my head also include the CEO of Bakkt and Golem, although am not sure of either's names. I'm sure there are dozens, if not hundreds more.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 05:05:19 PM

Are there more women in crypto that I am unaware of? It seems most of the big influencers are men. I watched this video of Galia Benartzi from Bancor and I thought this is someone we should be hearing a lot more of, anyone else I have been missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-MVw2wjoYQ
Alright so yeah, there are some women who got into the cryptocurrency but they are too few. I knew some of the women in our country who uses bitcoin as one of their investment game. Yes, they trade using bitcoin and they are entrepreneurs as well. Someone in this thread said that women stay at their caves and men goes for the hunting and risking. But today's generation is different. Women can do almost all of the men things. They are also capable of risking financial things too.
ChangeNOW

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

ChangeNOW. Non-custodial and limitless exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 03:28:04 PM
Merited by MikeMike (5), KORE - DEV (5)

As a blockchain enterprise employee who is also a woman, I can safely say that there are a lot of female staff members in various crypto startups. Our CEO is also a woman, she is a total badass, takes no crap from anyone, knows her stuff. There are several female-centric orgs that concentrate on women in crypto, like Women in Blockchain - they're awesome, you should check them out. Kathleen Breitman is a cofounder of Tezos, one of Ardor founders is also a woman - those are pretty big companies. This is only the beginning.
Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:04:37 PM

I do not see a big difference between men and women in the cryptospace. It all depends on knowledge, professionalism and not on gender. I see a lot of women around and it pleases me.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 05:25:07 AM

What would be the difference if there are woman in crypto?
I don't see any difference even if lets say 50% of crypto users are woman,
I know few woman who are earning and using crypto for a living.
theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 01:02:21 PM
Merited by lienfaye (2), 1miau (1)

What would be the difference if there are woman in crypto?
          Speaking of woman, I have noticed more female are involved in cryptocurrency lately, especially on twitter, telegram, and discord. They are talking about bitcoin and other stuff about cryptocurrency as if they know everything. The only difference is, are they really female? Or just pretending to be one? Received DM on telegram and talks about promoting a coin, would help a certain project on building momentum and other stuff, then with “I am a legit female”. Which I deleted immediately, I don’t think being a so-called legit female will help on promoting cryptocurrency. What are they going to do? Send nude pics for them to say they are legit or video call just to say they are legit.

However, female can bring some new ideas that might help cryptocurreny. Woman are complicated just like blockchain. They might help on cracking some cryptography issues that might be helpful in the future.

This topic might help in viewing what woman can bring to the table: Why We Need More Women Working in Blockchain

• Blockchain needs women because diversity equals success. Women make businesses more successful at all levels. One study in 2016 found that women were 34% more successful at trading (in traditional markets) than men.

• Blockchain needs women to provide stability. There is a general perception that women are less prone to engage in risky behaviour.

• Blockchain needs women to help it develop the right way. Blockchain technology is truly disruptive, and like other disruptive technologies before it, it will eventually impact almost every conceivable industry. That includes industries and areas traditionally dominated by women.

• Women need blockchain to keep their needs in mind. In a related point, women need to get involved in blockchain to ensure it is built for everyone’s needs.

• Women need blockchain to get in on the ground floor. There aren’t many opportunities in this world for women to shape an industry from the beginning. With blockchain, that opportunity is available.
          1miau
          Legendary

Activity: 2142
          Merit: 6776

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
          March 06, 2019, 10:54:42 PM

Regarding female users my guess is:
          The reason might be a mixture of not much interest for technical things and the fear of risk to make a mistake due to technical related things. But it’s just my speculation and maybe the number of women is higher than we expect. The people I know are mostly male so I have no positive news regarding that – for now Wink Wink

Because I’ve launched a little local crypto project just a few days ago at my university in Germany. Increasing the number of people using Bitcoin is always a good goal and I’m willing to put some effort into it to arouse interest of Newbies for crypto. I’ve described it here in a more detailed way to avoid too much OT here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5117781.msg50051523#msg50051523

It will be possible to participate anonymous, only requirement will be an e-mail address and a Telegram account because the majority of the project will be managed in our German Telegram group (which is not built yet).
          Getting to know the proportion of male and female participants won’t be possible that way but I’m sure some will tell it by themselves which gender they are. I’m curious how many participants are willing to join, if there is no demand, I’ll discard the project but I don’t hope so.

I have received no request yet, but there are holidays right now.

Sorry for a little bit OT here but I think it’s worth a try to encourage other people to do a bit research about BTC and try it. The main reason that people don’t get involved with crypto, especially female users, is just fear of doing something wrong because they don’t know how to use it. Wink

I’m sure if we can invalidate the fear, we will see many new people owning BTC.
          sheenshane
          Legendary

Activity: 2408
          Merit: 1215

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
          March 09, 2019, 05:45:43 PM

snip-
          The main reason that people don’t get involved with crypto, especially female users, is just fear of doing something wrong because they don’t know how to use it. Wink

I’m sure if we can invalidate the fear, we will see many new people owning BTC.

I think base on what I had felt, female are more productive and creative how much more in adopting crypto.
          For all the men in this industry. I would like to let you know that women also exist in this area. We are currently trying to adopt blockchain because we have a very high interest in cryptocurrency not because of our gender, it is because of our personal interest as a human being.

Not all of the ladies are having the fun of being safe and gentle, just like me, I always needed to learn new things that I could benefit someday. Cryptocurrency is something that I have a sight of being a successful baby industry today and I will stay passionate with it.
          End of the story. Cheesy
          theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
          Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
          March 09, 2019, 06:19:22 PM

Not all of the ladies are having the fun of being safe and gentle, just like me, I always needed to learn new things that I could benefit someday. Cryptocurrency is something that I have a sight of being a successful baby industry today and I will stay passionate with it.
          End of the story. Cheesy
          I thought that's the condom's purpose, for you to be safe? Lady Sheenshane, we are all gentle gents here and all are very passionate about creating a baby in this industry. Wink

But, yeah, we are also focused on learning new things, especially if we can have some help from some of the crypto ladies. We do need some helping hands from gurls, right boys?

I guess the things that can slow woman coming into crypto is their mood swing and they have these pop-up pieces of stuff in mind and wanted to do so many things. Sometimes they forgot other stuff they needed to do. Can you further enlighten us about it, sheenshane?  
          lienfaye

Activity: 2926
          Merit: 629

View Profile
          March 11, 2019, 04:55:24 AM
          Merited by sheenshane (1), theyoungmillionaire (1)

Because women are not that good when it comes to business and technical things. It's an evolutionary thing. Men were taking risks by going for a hunts etc. and women stayed in a cave and protected their home/ children. It's still valid. Of course there is lot of women that will take risks and lot of men who won't, but not majority.
          I think its already an old saying that only men go for hunt while their wives do nothing but to wait, because nowadays more women are getting out in the comfort of their home to work too.

As a woman I dont see any difference even you're male or female crypto enthusiast. The gender doesnt matter here in crypto as long as you understand well what you're doing and you have knowledge about blockchain. You dont need to be an expert or a degree holder to use bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general.

I've been in crypto world for 5 years now and enjoying my stay. I dont bother myself even majority of users are male because for me its not an issue.
          MikeMike
          Legendary

Activity: 2254
          Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
          March 13, 2019, 02:35:49 PM

As a blockchain enterprise employee who is also a woman, I can safely say that there are a lot of female staff members in various crypto startups. Our CEO is also a woman, she is a total badass, takes no crap from anyone, knows her stuff. There are several female-centric orgs that concentrate on women in crypto, like Women in Blockchain - they're awesome, you should check them out. Kathleen Breitman is a cofounder of Tezos, one of Ardor founders is also a woman - those are pretty big companies. This is only the beginning.

Personally I think we need much more Women in Crypto and once the main stream Women start using it is the tipping point to mass adoption.

MikeMike
          Tushar Ramani

Activity: 400
          Merit: 15

Crypto Ghost Since 2017

View Profile
          March 27, 2019, 04:30:16 AM

Here' one more: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennyfromtheblockchain/

Though they are not more into development or making solid points on ongoing and upcoming topicss. I mean if an articles says this is it then they will post this is it regardless of putting their point of views. Come on, you got disagree at least once with stuff happening around!  Its like they are more into attending blockchain summits and posting photos on their social media. At least to me!
          Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
            Print  

Jump to: