Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:45:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Undervalued coins  (Read 5030 times)
lynn_402 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:09:22 AM

Which coins, in your opinion, are undervalued?
I believe these three are:

1- Anoncoin
The developpers recently anounced the implementation of Zerocoin, and the value barely moved. This will make all transactions anonymous, which is something the internet is in a dire need of. When it will be done, I believe its price will explode, since no other coin (other than the currently over-valued darkcoin) has this goal.

2- Franko
It's actually used by brick-and-mortar pawnshops in central Canada. And if you look at the market cap, it can't really get lower (it was almost 4x more expensive some weeks ago but it descended for no reason). It also implements the kimoto gravity well, making it an unworthy option for multipool and middlecoin. Plus, the developpers are actively trying to promote it (see my signature)

3- Craftcoin
Its market cap is, like Franko, ridiculously low, and it is used in some servers for the massively popular game Minecraft. Cryptocurrencies are a great addition to this game, where players can create a fully functioning virtual economy. It's also, because of its small market cap, a common target for pump and dumps, and if you look at a monthly graph, we are due for the pump phase.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:13:47 AM

those are reasonable choices...

DMD, CGB, DGC - very undervalued.

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:20:00 AM

This may sound dumb and turn out to be completely wrong, but I think Flappy could easily increase 1 order of magnitude within the next month. Feel free to flame me and tell me why I'm wrong.
lynn_402 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:44:28 AM

those are reasonable choices...

DMD, CGB, DGC - very undervalued.

Why should CGB be worth more than 400000$ ?
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:35:50 AM

einsteinium.
cflocation

Activity: 327

it's a hardware thing!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:43:55 AM

einsteinium.

This and litebar
Fed949

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:14:47 AM

This may sound dumb and turn out to be completely wrong, but I think Flappy could easily increase 1 order of magnitude within the next month. Feel free to flame me and tell me why I'm wrong.

First thing, people like the game. But when people start seeing this:

"We are a group of developers in Vietnam. We contacted the owner of Flappy Bird game and
he granted us all the rights to publish this coin using resources from the Flappy Bird game.
Any other third party uses the resources is considered illegal."

Leave a very taste in the mouth. I, for one doesn't wants to touch the Flappy.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:17:38 AM

BTC and then LTC.  The rest are crap.
ThePatient

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:26:14 AM

LTC is overvalued. There are tons of alts better than LTC. It only gained in popularity due to it being at the right place at the right time. People who missed BTC train wanted to board another one.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:27:44 AM

LTC is overvalued. There are tons of alts better than LTC. It only gained in popularity due to it being at the right place at the right time. People who missed BTC train wanted to board another one.

Not really  it all boils down to utility.  All the other alts are only accepted at a fraction of the places LTC is.  So as you stated people who missed the BTc AND LTC trains want to board another one.  LOL
ThePatient

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:37:36 AM

Not really  it all boils down to utility.  All the other alts are only accepted at a fraction of the places LTC is.  So as you stated people who missed the BTc AND LTC trains want to board another one.  LOL

You're right LTC is accepted at more places. I was referring to the properties of the coins themselves. And yes, people want to be aboard a train of a coin that is actually innovative or improved upon in someway (more so then what LTC was)
dylan123

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:56:57 AM

NXT is undervalued! It will raise up soon,you guys should hurry up Shocked
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:10:02 AM

well, everyone is throwing a one liner about the coin they are hoarding a bag. then i would like to add karmacoin. It has a lot of people coming together to give it a purpose. It could be the next dogecoin.

In a more serious note. Could some old timers come in here and share us their wisdom. What coin is showing to survive even though its seem to be beaten pretty badly?

what is your thought on Tips? seem like that coin was at 1 latoshis 1 month ago, it went as high as 80 latoshis and now back down to 33. That to me shows that who ever had huge backs dumped. and the coin survived. Any thoughts on the old timers here on this coin?
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:14:26 AM

I'll wage in on the what are we holding game.  I think Vertcoin is undervalued.  A coin that prevents the centralization of mining is good imo.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:16:22 AM

Complete waste of a thread to be honest. All you will get are people mentioning whatever coin they happen to have, and want to dump at a higher price.

I'm waiting for someone to mention taxicoin, fckbanks, cents, etc. and how they are great deals right now... sure to go to the moon any second.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:26:27 AM

I have some old SXC laying around that I refuse to get rid of because the community behind it is strong and constantly developing new things.

Most people will just tell you about the latest coin they're invested in, which they're invested in because they read one post from one person. Look for older coins with a strong community and most importantly a PURPOSE.

batir

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:28:11 AM

+1 litebar
like rare coins
Imperials

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:25:16 AM

The most undervalued coin right now is MAZA, it really is the best alt-coin with a sense of value, use and can revolutionize the Lakota Nation. I predict big things with this coin and a bright future as its not some pre-mine dump garbage or shitty alt-clone. Loving what the developer has done and the news surrounding this project.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:35:57 AM

The most undervalued coin right now is MAZA, it really is the best alt-coin with a sense of value, use and can revolutionize the Lakota Nation. I predict big things with this coin and a bright future as its not some pre-mine dump garbage or shitty alt-clone. Loving what the developer has done and the news surrounding this project.

FUD
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:37:51 AM

Going to just be another thread of bagholders explaining why the coin they are holding is the best.

If you look at just Community there are plenty of good coins, if you stack community + innovation I would say the #1 undervalued coins are Darkcoin (darksend feature) and Gridcoin is supremely undervalued (instead of wasted mining you run BOINC for scientific research).

Litecoin is not overvalued, it was innovation, it's where scrypt came from and 99% of the rest are clones to a high degree. It also is a trade currency on every exchange out there making it a very useful coin. It also confirms way faster than bitcoin. If you want to go to a new market to buy you either send BTC or LTC, if you're in a hurry you better use LTC or wait 3 hours for btc confirmations.

I try to HOLD coins that have a big community + active development + innovation, I middle term the coins that have strong communities but no real new idea, and short term the rest. You have to look around for yourself and decide what's undervalued, somebody right below me can just say I'm a Dark and Grid bagholder and shoot them down etc. You'll never get a clear answer.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: