Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:46:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Undervalued coins  (Read 5030 times)
akumaburn

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

The Gold Standard of Digital Currency.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:40:01 AM

Don't forget GLD, we have a new client release coming sometime in the near future  Cool
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

I was waiting for someone to bring up GLD coin. They finally beat their arch nemesis, the mighty BBQ coin, in market cap (or did, last time I checked).

As for a serious answer, I too like Darkcoin, but won't tell anyone to get it, or it's going to the moon, or any such nonsense. I am not sure if it's undervalued, but after they finish testing, it may very well be.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:00:19 AM

Going to just be another thread of bagholders explaining why the coin they are holding is the best.

If you look at just Community there are plenty of good coins, if you stack community + innovation I would say the #1 undervalued coins are Darkcoin (darksend feature) and Gridcoin is supremely undervalued (instead of wasted mining you run BOINC for scientific research).

Litecoin is not overvalued, it was innovation, it's where scrypt came from and 99% of the rest are clones to a high degree. It also is a trade currency on every exchange out there making it a very useful coin. It also confirms way faster than bitcoin. If you want to go to a new market to buy you either send BTC or LTC, if you're in a hurry you better use LTC or wait 3 hours for btc confirmations.

I try to HOLD coins that have a big community + active development + innovation, I middle term the coins that have strong communities but no real new idea, and short term the rest. You have to look around for yourself and decide what's undervalued, somebody right below me can just say I'm a Dark and Grid bagholder and shoot them down etc. You'll never get a clear answer.

Seems like you yourself expained your bag. oops
akumaburn

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:02:44 AM

I was waiting for someone to bring up GLD coin. They finally beat their arch nemesis, the mighty BBQ coin, in market cap (or did, last time I checked).

As for a serious answer, I too like Darkcoin, but won't tell anyone to get it, or it's going to the moon, or any such nonsense. I am not sure if it's undervalued, but after they finish testing, it may very well be.

You may not take GLD seriously, but tbh I don't take DarkCoin or any other coin other than PPC, BTC, and LTC seriously.

Our new client will be the first 3rd generation crypto-currency client and though I cannot give you details, we will be the best coin in terms of features and code quality period.

That combined with the easy adoption value of our name "GoldCoin" and an understandable ticker (GLD), a short transaction time, a working decentralized 51% defense and plenty new features in the upcoming client.

It won't even be fair  Wink
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:06:14 AM

Yeah, as I stated, people will just hawk whatever coins they currently have and want to dump.

I don't get the GLD name thing, never did. The fact a crypto coin is called Gold Coin does not make it more valuable, doesn't make people want it more. And all it does in google is get people confused with actual coins made of gold.
akumaburn

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:09:44 AM

Yeah, as I stated, people will just hawk whatever coins they currently have and want to dump.

I don't get the GLD name thing, never did. The fact a crypto coin is called Gold Coin does not make it more valuable, doesn't make people want it more. And all it does in google is get people confused with actual coins made of gold.

Actually we are on the first page of google for

"Gold Coin", "goldcoin", and "gldcoin"

Check it yourself Smiley

Also it has less to do with actual bullion currency ties and more to do with basic psychology.

"GoldCoin" as a name is just more appealing and understandable than any other name to date.

In any case,

GoldCoin is almost a year old.. it's not a pump and dump, and our investors have been holding for a very long time because they know there is an actual future in GoldCoin, it's not just another fad.
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:21:22 AM

Yep, goldcoin is on the 1st page, under a bunch of actual real gold coin sites, which basically just looks confusing.

And never said goldcoin was a pump and dump. It's more of a slow slide to oblivion -- 20K or so less current market cap than the mighty catcoin. It'd be better if goldcoin was new, as then at least there would be an excuse for the low marketcap.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:22:13 AM

Nothing can be more under valued than Coin2 at the time.

Was distributed in the most transparent way possible. Most ecofriendly as no mining needed.
jonnysomething

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:45:01 AM

WorldCoin being the exception. I think that one could have value just because of the name.
akumaburn

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:01:52 AM

Yep, goldcoin is on the 1st page, under a bunch of actual real gold coin sites, which basically just looks confusing.

And never said goldcoin was a pump and dump. It's more of a slow slide to oblivion -- 20K or so less current market cap than the mighty catcoin. It'd be better if goldcoin was new, as then at least there would be an excuse for the low marketcap.

Our marketcap is not speculative.. it's real.. people are buying and selling video games and other items with GoldCoin.. it's actually in use.

How many of those coins on the top 50 list have fake market caps with little to no depth or worse have released only a fraction of the coins they claim to the actual public to trade with??

In any case, the new client will boost things up quite a bit. I don't need you or anyone to buy GoldCoin, but it is worth looking into. We are going to be living up to our slogan soon.
mrmork666

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:12:26 AM

Zeit coin @ 2sat.. Cheesy
i would say there is alot % to be made here
all in btw Grin

Join The Zeitcoin Movement
Zeit : MhcEMb6YvZCnb4TPnti74p4s6mNiRvGMbQ | Ltc : LVAfAYf3dr47v5JbVRbGHfqUfKPLTx9Vnk
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:19:39 AM

Which coins, in your opinion, are undervalued?
I believe these three are:

1- Anoncoin
The developpers recently anounced the implementation of Zerocoin, and the value barely moved. This will make all transactions anonymous, which is something the internet is in a dire need of. When it will be done, I believe its price will explode, since no other coin (other than the currently over-valued darkcoin) has this goal.

+1

When all the features they are working on are implemented, and a black market is set up, this might be the only coin that actually have a purpose and a reason to be used in real life. The only reason to use a crapcoin instead of bitcoin/litecoin (which is much safer) must be that it offers some advantages.

In addition to the anonymous features it is a coin with a fair distribution, low supply and total coins of only 4,2 mill.
kelly153

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:41:47 AM

Maxcoin now = bitcoin in 2011.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:28:48 AM

grain big time, frozen, quark,

cryptos in general are still undervalued  Wink
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:36:38 PM

gridcoin. Innovative and with great devs!
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:47:40 PM

Digitalcoin and Namecoin. I don't mind much, so I can still buy them cheap.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:52:33 PM

Maza
Grid
EBT
Zeit
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:01:09 PM

I'll wage in on the what are we holding game.  I think Vertcoin is undervalued.  A coin that prevents the centralization of mining is good imo.

The current price is crazy low Smiley

lynn_402 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:05:12 PM

I'll wage in on the what are we holding game.  I think Vertcoin is undervalued.  A coin that prevents the centralization of mining is good imo.

The current price is crazy low Smiley

I disagree, since the market cap is more than three million USD. I don't believe that mining is in danger of being centralized in the near future. Even big buyers of Scrypt Asics don't get a huge discount on them; they are profitable for even a small buyer. Plus they are not that much more effective than GPU miners, and they are way less stable. And if mining do become more centralised and vertcoin is worth more, I'm sure the huge mining farms will find a way to make a profit on it thus rendering its purpose useless.
buttonmc

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:29:10 PM

icoin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: