Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for ICO, is it good or bad idea?  (Read 1992 times)
honghe99

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 07:42:24 AM

I think KYC has both advantages and disadvantages. For hunters, KYC is an extra step, isn't it? But for the project, KYC can effectively prevent the emergence of fraudsters!

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maricurijohn

Activity: 294
Merit: 8

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:50:23 AM

from the start of KYC was a failure. because blockchain is anonymous, so if kyc is still enforced isn't that a disability for Blockchain technology. I support the creation of quality projects, for that regulation is needed to regulate it.
Throughout the electronic money pursuit, I find that projects that have a Bounty campaign involving KYC participants are potential, potentially potent ICO projects and I'm always involved in projects like That is why I always support KYC, even knowing that KYC in the world of cryptography is not very effective, but it also speaks to the potential and sincerity of the project.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
gelinshidong

Activity: 459

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:55:40 AM

Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.
Do you think this is a good or bad idea? Express your opinion.
I never understand why a KYC can solve the problems you mentioned? Is this really the case? I don't think so, the project does not need to avoid being sued, who will go back to sue him? What is the use after the prosecution? I feel that it is not good to ask for KYC, which will make our information leaked.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:14:20 AM

KYC for ICO participants - investors is not an idea, there is no  question about KYC in this case.
If there is no KYC before getting the their tokens, than something is off  and you should not participate in this project at all.

But on the other hand, if they ask kyc for bounty hunters they clearly do not know what they are doing,sadly they announce for bounty kyc only after the job is done.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:18:14 AM

I believe KYC is very good for ICOs, because it is in the idea of knowing your customer, At least it helps one to identify who is real and who is fake.
SuiMikira

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:23:36 AM

Rather if it good or bad. KYC is mandatory in some country to comply with the law. If you want to join the ICO, you must pass KYC process to verify that you are eligible to join.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:25:14 AM

I think this is quite a good idea, because thanks to this, owners of multi-acaunts and bots are left.

Yaap, scammers now very active and they are using multiple account for hacking token/coin/dollar. CEO of ICO always should be active, so they start for selling their token after finished KYC. KYC is most important for check identity of a person.
Identity is most important and they collect it and they published how many token sold to how many countries people. I think KYC still good.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
TpoJIb

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:27:43 AM

There is nothing wrong with transferring KYC to participate in the project, and not so passed and received useless tokens

Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:41:21 AM

For me kyc is not really use in investing ico. Because i think its not matter who buy in your token as long it will sold and its fine. Kyc is best for bounty because that way multiple account will be reveal.
BoxerRobert
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:50:51 AM

There are five main reasons why this makes sense.

Firstly, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is reportedly preparing to prosecute ICOs which are held without KYC procedures. In fact, there have been cases where the SEC prosecutes and demands refunds for Token Sales that have not implemented KYC. In September, decentralized application Protostarr may have been the first token to cease operations due to communication from the SEC, signalling an intensification of regulatory scrutiny.

Secondly, cryptocurrency exchanges are beginning to exclude cryptocurrencies that did not properly implement KYC processes. Thus, not running such checks poses a long-term risk to a project. This month the Financial Times reported that New York Stock Exchange-backed GDAX says it “plans to list only a fraction of the hundreds of new digital coins that have been invented this year”.

Thirdly, if an ICO can demonstrate proper KYC then it will be possible for all parties to establish credibility with banks and follow Anti-Money Laundering regulations. Voluntary compliance thus gives a project and its participants a stamp of legitimacy with regulators and banks. This is the goal of DMarket’s proactive approach to KYC.

Fourthly, voluntary KYC compliance may help ICOs reach a larger global audience and expand the number of jurisdictions in which they can take place. Such compliance allows easier reach to investors in America, Britain, Canada and elsewhere. Even in the Isle of Man, which is seeking to become one of Europe’s most permissive regulatory regimes, KYC has been stated as a requirement by the island’s Department of Economic Development.

Fifthly, the US dollar remains the world’s reserve fiat currency and US regulators are not shy about punishing parties to any transaction that in any way uses a greenback. Even banks outside America treat US rules as inviolable as getting shut out of the dollar clearing system isn’t an option for any global bank.

If you want more : https://www.ccn.com/five-reasons-kyc-crucial-ico-investment/
CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:51:11 AM

It's a hard question, for investors KYC in ICO looks very bad, bacause it won't allow to participate people from countries wich banned ICO, also KYC just causes additional inconveniences for all users wich take part in ICO.
alian17

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 10:01:05 AM

I refused KYC. If KYC is done, it is equivalent to exposing one's privacy. Encryption is built to protect privacy. This violates the original intention of encryption.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 10:02:18 AM

Nowadays in the cryptocurrency space is it for every project necessary to do a KYC, mostly project choose to let it do also to bounty hunters.

Dlux75

Activity: 170

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:33:25 AM

I think KYC must be a rule for investors which investing too much amount for example bigger than 5k or 10k dollar. Normally ico investors investing 3 4 eth to icos. So i dont know how can people make some money laundring with 3 eth.  so in my opinion that is really unnecessary thing to sending our special documents to these guys..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:41:27 AM

Here, of course, a double opinion about KYC. On the one hand, this is good for the project from the point of view of legislation, on the other hand, not every person wants his personal confidential information to be used somewhere. I am more against KYC than for him
I am also against to require KYC to join or claiming the reward for bounty campaign because I do not want to give my info as we do not know what they are doing to every data after the ICO end. It make to delay to receive the reward and many participants struggle not to give info for their safety. Even you exert so much effort, you have to stay secure.

Correlll

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:50:00 AM

KYC is a good idea for an ICO, because this process will help to protect an ICO from people that are using multi accounts and from different scammers. It is good for serious investors that do not want to lose their money. KYC is great.
Slowhand26

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:58:44 AM

Hi, everybody. With the development of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology,not only good ideas and projects began to develop,but also those who want to get a lot of money on the HYIP,  use new technologies for their personal purposes. Projects began to carry out the KYC procedure for investors, airdrops, bounties to protect their projects from prosecution by the authorities, to improve security, to know their investors in person. But maybe we can use the KYC procedure not only for buyers but also for sellers. If we introduce such a procedure for new projects, it will increase the level of investor confidence, as well as deter many fake projects from collecting our funds, protect our crypto assets from fraud. This procedure can be entered in this forum to host projects or in special platform. The project developer will have to provide his personal and contact details.
Do you think this is a good or bad idea? Express your opinion.

For me this is good, it means crypto is now being on main stream but this can also be used to invade your privacy and use it in illegal ways.
FIREBALL24

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

Xircus

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:22:43 AM

I agree with the kyc strategy if it is only a legit campaign,i will support and give some of my informations..,just be sure in everything you do for you not to be scam of.

spopovss

Activity: 672

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:26:23 AM

This is a bad idea, but it is needed in ICO. I think there should be an independent authoritative service for KYC, I do not want every project to trust my personal data, now there are a lot of scammers who sell personal data.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:34:47 AM

To make both sides feel safe it is necessary to use some sort of system, for example CIVIC or Traceto. Investors will have a guarantee that the project coming to the ICO has been tested by a team of qualified experts and the organizers of the ICO will have fewer problems with the KYC. Both sides win.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: