Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 03:26:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [VIDEO] Dorian S. Nakamoto clears his name in interview with AP  (Read 5246 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:02:27 AM

it's him.

he can't sue anybody.

because he's lying.

You have a great argument. The way you present things makes it so clear now to us who can't see the light.
Thanks for pointing out the logical Fallacies, or should I say phalicsies?

And the clincher is your Avatar...

I loved the "I never communicated with bitcoins." line. That clinched it for me...

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3288

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:08:55 AM

He references 2001 as the year Bitcoin was created.  How could he have possibly known that?

You believe that he is Satoshi because he knew that Bitcoin was developed in 2001? Um, 2001?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4620
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:42:55 AM

After watching the vid I'm saying 'ya, it's him.'  My gut sense is that his brother nailed it.

I've worked with a number of Japanese Americans, and several of them quite old and/or cranky.  Most of them happened to be quite brilliant and somewhat eccentric and generally out on the margin of some aspect of human nature or another.  It's still a small sample set, but interesting none-the-less.  To me.

If he worked on the new air traffic control system I could imagine his coding experience being one of high reliability narrow scope problem solving without a lot of experience gluing things together.  I remember taking note when the new system went into service.  The old system had been in operation for something like 40 straight years and it was something of an engineering novelty to swap it out.  I remember this being in roughly the year 2000 and not to long before the 9/11 event in which the ATC system figured prominently.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
liexel

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:50:21 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 11:01:05 AM by liexel

oh gosh this is epic.

no human being is capable of masking from the world an identity he takes pride in for long. his actions and words are eventually going to give him away. unfortunately i think he clearly wasnt ready for this, probably betting on him never being found out and probably didnt have enough time to contemplate a game plan. its really too bad now he cant return to being idyllic and all. nobody's going to leave him alone now. stupid lady just messed up an old man's retirement!

ughhhh

lmcgrathgoodman@gmail.com

please spam! she totally doesnt deserve to get away with it!
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:09:40 AM

Satoshi can only prove his identity, nobody can prove he is not Satoshi. The closest to a prof I can think of is if Dorian were in a TV studio while the real Satoshi signs a message given by the TV station with one of the oldest keys.

Guess that won't happen which is why this horrible woman will get away with this.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:45:56 PM

Satoshi can only prove his identity, nobody can prove he is not Satoshi. The closest to a prof I can think of is if Dorian were in a TV studio while the real Satoshi signs a message given by the TV station with one of the oldest keys.

Guess that won't happen which is why this horrible woman will get away with this.
Exactly. He could claim the he is Satoshi, but without signing a message or sending a transaction from him addresses, there is no proof.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:48:01 PM

oh gosh this is epic.

no human being is capable of masking from the world an identity he takes pride in for long. his actions and words are eventually going to give him away. unfortunately i think he clearly wasnt ready for this, probably betting on him never being found out and probably didnt have enough time to contemplate a game plan. its really too bad now he cant return to being idyllic and all. nobody's going to leave him alone now. stupid lady just messed up an old man's retirement!

ughhhh

Filling up her spam folder isn't going to make any difference.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 4545

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:51:26 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 01:06:14 PM by franky1

actually whilst dorian was having interviews. the bitcoin satoshi used an old username on the p2p forum to say he was not doarian..

dorian does not know what bitcoin is
"i just believe someone put that fictitious name in there.. satoshi nakamoto, in bit-co.. i mean bitcoin"

he cant even get the name right first time.

his nervousness is down to spending the last few hours being hounded by media on his lawn, yielding camera's and shouting at him to make a statement, following his every move.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:05:21 PM

actually whilst dorian was having interviews. the bitcoin satoshi used an old username on the p2p forum to say he was not doarian..

dorian does not know what bitcoin is
"i just believe someone put that ficticious name in there.. satoshi nakamoto, in bit-co.. i mean bitcoin"

he cant even get the name right first time.

his nervousness is down to spending the last few hours being hounded by media on his lawn, yielding camera's and shouting at him to make a statement, following his every move.

Anyone would be nervous after all that harassment in front of his door.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 4545

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:07:05 PM

so to all these basement dwellers that think dorian is the bitcoin inventor. ask yourself this:
if you were sat at home playing with your trainset or on call of duty, then heard a noises outside your front door, and seen a dozen people with camera's saying you invented... compuglobalhypermeganet.. simply because your name was also homer simpson. how would the rest of your day turn out?

lets now just put this drama to bed along with the other 1000 "i found satoshi" stories over the past 5 years

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
salstimda

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:24:55 PM

so its not possible that satoshi gives someone else the keys so they can do it while he is at the tv-show? interesting
whtchocla7e

Activity: 392
Merit: 116

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:34:30 PM

The only thing that video proves is that Satoshi is a bad actor.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:35:13 PM

That's not a proof at all. Any decent programmer can script this in an hour or less using a few spoonful of BeautifulSoup and a simple "at" command and Satoshi sure as hell can.

I really hope that Satoshi himself comes up with a much better proof to teach sensationalist reporters a lesson that destroying innocent people's life is not a risk free pasttime. And of course to remove the risk from Dorian that stems from the fact that every piece of scum in North America now "knows" that there is a defenseless billion $$$.

so its not possible that satoshi gives someone else the keys so they can do it while he is at the tv-show? interesting

That is why I said "the closest thing to a proof I can think of". Hope Satoshi can come up with something better.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:56:41 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 02:19:03 PM by PrintCoins

I just read the original article:

http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-satoshi-nakamoto.html

and it seems to fit nicely, but everything mentioned is very circumstantial. Also, I am sure if anything didn't fit with the narrative it was dropped from the story.

The video also doesn't seem to be much validation either. "I never communicated with bitcoins." That would be a very weird way for anyone on the project to talk about it working on it.

Nothing is either proved or disproved, and good luck reading anything useful into his body language.

In the end, yeah, there is a darn good chance is he is the founder, but it is very inconclusive.

If I could pick someone to be the founder of bitcoin, this guy would be it. He is a humble sweet old guy with a penchant for collecting model trains and his dad was a Buddhist priest. So many people involved in bitcoin are pricks, so for the good of the currency, I would be happy if it turns out that this is the guy in question and not someone else.

I say someone should talk to him, and even if he isn't the real Satoshi, we ask him to take the credit for it, and we will adopt him as the founder. In exchange we can all chip in and buy him whatever supplies he needs to keep working on his model railroad.

As far as properly denying anything, the only way I could see it happening is if Dorian was on a live video feed that couldn't be faked, and the real Satoshi signed something time dependent and unpredictable such as the current value of the S & P 500 at the same time. I would call this the Superman Defense as Superman and Clark Kent could never be seen at the same time. This would of course require some collaboration between Dorian and Satoshi, and could only be faked if Satoshi let someone else use his private key (which would give that person the power to pretend to be Satoshi).

Alternatively Satoshi could publicize his private key thus making it impossible for any claim to be Satoshi to be verifiable.

And of course to remove the risk from Dorian that stems from the fact that every piece of scum in North America now "knows" that there is a defenseless billion $$$.

Now that is a scary thought. He is going to need some serious protection now, or for safety sake, if he is Satoshi, he might want to destroy those bitcoins in a public way. For people that think that is crazy talk, countries have been invaded to seize less money. He now has a billion dollar price tag on his head to extract the information out of it.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:03:39 PM

How many times.....Satoshi is British.

Bitcoin has roots to Japan, yes, but Satoshi is a Brit. After all this heat, I'm glad I didn't reveal too much previously. But if someone with a British background crops up, then get excited.
liexel

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:17:25 PM

oh gosh this is epic.

ughhhh

Filling up her spam folder isn't going to make any difference.

yea. i was quite infuriated! this is a letdown in so many ways
stsbrad

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Brad Willman, SSCP, LTCP, MCTS,SCE,BCE

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:58:15 PM

After years of coding, gavin never met or spoke with Satoshi in the beginning?
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:22:03 PM

I can't believe you retards actually believe this guy is Satoshi..haha why, just because this chick made up a good story and he looks Japanese?

The real Satoshi even came out of hiding to say it wasn't him.

Looks like Leah did a good job, at convincing retarded people.
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:28:59 PM

Yeah, it doesn't feel like it's him at all.

I just hope he gets some of his privacy back...
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

I can't believe you retards actually believe this guy is Satoshi..haha why, just because this chick made up a good story and he looks Japanese?

The real Satoshi even came out of hiding to say it wasn't him.

Looks like Leah did a good job, at convincing retarded people.

His writing style is NOTHING like Satoshi's.  The real S.N. has a very exacting and clinical writing style.  Look at the whitepaper and the announcement.  Sure it is possible that he is covering but I doubt it.  The real S.N. left almost no clues as to who he was, would he use his real name?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: