Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:37:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy beef with bitcoins  (Read 25549 times)
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:01:35 AM

Also, you have no proof so far that those are your pictures

They are not my pictures, but I can say on the tractor one that is andelin with his grandson - man does he look like such a scammer and thief.  Please tell us all what andelin could do to prove he owns a farm?  Send his geolocation and google maps satellite view?  I mean at that point you would say he randomly picked a location.  Send you his name, SSN, registration with the county for the land, and 1040 form to prove he owns the land and farm?  At some point I guess someone just has to have a little trust and be willing to spend that $6.00 (or whatever price is) per lb on hamburger and roll the dice they will get meat in the mail. 
What worries me is that you're the one with the pictures, claiming with a new account in your first post that the beef seller is legitimate.
It seems to me ( and I would assume everyone else, cause lets face it - it's kinda obvious ) that you've 2 accounts posting positive feedback about yourself, which is worrying.

I'm not accusing anyone, but for your own benefit trying to make you improve your chances of attracting customers, given this is a legitimate business.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
x86Daddy

Activity: 216
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:35:55 AM

I don't think people are being solicited for their trust at this stage... they're being solicited for whether or not they think this would be a good business... i.e. would people be willing to buy beef, direct from the farmer, via Bitcoin.  For me, the answer is yes, and it costs me nothing to provide that.

Anyone's first business venture in the Bitcoin arena will face the trust issue, because, yes indeed there are scammers out there.  I'd like to think that a majority of us who go through the work of setting up a business, providing details about what we offer, making some introductory deals to get sales going, etc... can get our feet in the door, get some customer feedback that establishes some trust, etc...  If every new Bitcoin business venture is greeted with "scammer, gtfo" then that's going to hobble this currency's growth and ensure we stick with middlemen like Paypal and shit.  Boo.  Escrow can solve this problem, and we already have facilities for that, so I don't see the need to go into defense / attack mode, especially when no trust has been asked for yet.

The next big thing for Bitcoin will be a useful (and usable) web of trust system that's as easy to work with as eBay feedback.  Something decentralized, peer-to-peer, etc... will allow for that, and it'll cost nothing.  I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet, but it will soon.
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:09:14 AM

I don't think people are being solicited for their trust at this stage... they're being solicited for whether or not they think this would be a good business... i.e. would people be willing to buy beef, direct from the farmer, via Bitcoin.  For me, the answer is yes, and it costs me nothing to provide that.

Anyone's first business venture in the Bitcoin arena will face the trust issue, because, yes indeed there are scammers out there.  I'd like to think that a majority of us who go through the work of setting up a business, providing details about what we offer, making some introductory deals to get sales going, etc... can get our feet in the door, get some customer feedback that establishes some trust, etc...  If every new Bitcoin business venture is greeted with "scammer, gtfo" then that's going to hobble this currency's growth and ensure we stick with middlemen like Paypal and shit.  Boo.  Escrow can solve this problem, and we already have facilities for that, so I don't see the need to go into defense / attack mode, especially when no trust has been asked for yet.

The next big thing for Bitcoin will be a useful (and usable) web of trust system that's as easy to work with as eBay feedback.  Something decentralized, peer-to-peer, etc... will allow for that, and it'll cost nothing.  I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet, but it will soon.

1. Agreed with your statements
2. bitcoin-otc
3. I'm rootin for this guy. Can't say he's gonna have the widest audience, but I can damn well say he's probably the first guy selling beef to accept bitcoin. Hope he can work out any kinks, gain trust, streamline, and automate the process to generate a shit ton of income.

andelin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:10:26 AM

Well, that's a good idea to buy beef with btc!)) If you can sent some sample steaks to me I would be glad)

If you want to private message me I will ship a free sample. I will pay shipping costs. I would appreciate your honest appraisal as to the quality of what I am marketing and I am open to suggestions as well. This will help me do my market research. I hope to be prepared to accept orders with 4 to 6 weeks. Thanks for your interest.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:08:42 AM

Well, that's a good idea to buy beef with btc!)) If you can sent some sample steaks to me I would be glad)

If you want to private message me I will ship a free sample. I will pay shipping costs. I would appreciate your honest appraisal as to the quality of what I am marketing and I am open to suggestions as well. This will help me do my market research. I hope to be prepared to accept orders with 4 to 6 weeks. Thanks for your interest.

maybe u should send to someone else whos been on the forum for a while and has some rep up to you though

1100 views alot of people want meat
codingsalmon

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

maybe u should send to someone else whos been on the forum for a while and has some rep up to you though

1100 views alot of people want meat

That is a real good idea - use some people who are known on the site as reputable and send to them.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 01:32:11 AM

I got your private message OP. I'm just gonna put it like this. I will not eat anything that's been shipped to me by a stranger. Meat, candy, bread, vegetables, nothing. Not that I think anyone would deliberately send food samples to deliberately poison someone, but there's always a risk. I hope however that someone takes you up on that offer, gets a sample, and finds it alright so you can get your business started.
I won't be that guy, but I'm thankful for the offer.

Best of luck.  Smiley

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:42:32 AM

I don't think people are being solicited for their trust at this stage... they're being solicited for whether or not they think this would be a good business... i.e. would people be willing to buy beef, direct from the farmer, via Bitcoin.  For me, the answer is yes, and it costs me nothing to provide that.

Anyone's first business venture in the Bitcoin arena will face the trust issue, because, yes indeed there are scammers out there.  I'd like to think that a majority of us who go through the work of setting up a business, providing details about what we offer, making some introductory deals to get sales going, etc... can get our feet in the door, get some customer feedback that establishes some trust, etc...  If every new Bitcoin business venture is greeted with "scammer, gtfo" then that's going to hobble this currency's growth and ensure we stick with middlemen like Paypal and shit.  Boo.  Escrow can solve this problem, and we already have facilities for that, so I don't see the need to go into defense / attack mode, especially when no trust has been asked for yet.

The next big thing for Bitcoin will be a useful (and usable) web of trust system that's as easy to work with as eBay feedback.  Something decentralized, peer-to-peer, etc... will allow for that, and it'll cost nothing.  I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet, but it will soon.

1. Agreed with your statements
2. bitcoin-otc
3. I'm rootin for this guy. Can't say he's gonna have the widest audience, but I can damn well say he's probably the first guy selling beef to accept bitcoin. Hope he can work out any kinks, gain trust, streamline, and automate the process to generate a shit ton of income.
Thanks for the encouragement. I shipped out several samples today. I am hoping for some favorable reviews in a few days. I encourage any evaluation of my product to be honest and candid. I shipped in insulated containers with small amounts of dry ice. My more technologically gifted sons are working on a website which should be up in a couple of weeks...at least an initial version. One of the real challenges is to anticipate the demand. I have to schedule butchering. That takes time  since the meat is aged 2 weeks or so before cutting .
 I am also looking into the optimal shipping options.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:46:18 AM

I got your private message OP. I'm just gonna put it like this. I will not eat anything that's been shipped to me by a stranger. Meat, candy, bread, vegetables, nothing. Not that I think anyone would deliberately send food samples to deliberately poison someone, but there's always a risk. I hope however that someone takes you up on that offer, gets a sample, and finds it alright so you can get your business started.
I won't be that guy, but I'm thankful for the offer.

Best of luck.  Smiley
  I assure you the burger you get at mcdonalds is not any safer than what you get from this guy. The same could be said for every time you go out to eat in a restaurant or have some one else prepare your food.
StinkyS4L

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:02:58 PM

I am indeed the guy who said I bought from him.  As I said before, and andelin has said himself he is not tech savvy.  He asked me to post some picture for him, or help him post them.  Since he is remote from me it is easier to just post pictures than to walk him through how to do it. 

andelin has done everything up to the point of sending samples to people and he is still considered a scammer, and now because I helped him out I am too.

On a separate note - here is a link to a business I am involved in that takes bitcoins now - made the local news:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/springfield-business-accepting-bitcoin-as-payment/21051620_24929474

I'm happy that you are spreading BTC but the end of that article made me lol. "Peterson also doesn't trust the system not to be hacked.  Last week a Bitcoin exchange in Japan shut down suddenly and $500 in Bitcoins just vanished."
Last week a Bitcoin exchange in Japan shut down suddenly and $500 in Bitcoins just vanished.
$500 in Bitcoins just vanished.

Alot of people on this forum wish that this were the case  Grin

andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:42:52 PM

Hi:
 I just got a message that my first shipment of beef was thawed out on arrival. I must not have used enough dry ice. Any of you who received a non usable sample I am glad to ship again with more dry ice. I apologize if anyone else gets a thawed sample. I will be glad to ship another sample with more dry ice. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
Thyatis

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:04:32 PM

Hi:
 I just got a message that my first shipment of beef was thawed out on arrival. I must not have used enough dry ice. Any of you who received a non usable sample I am glad to ship again with more dry ice. I apologize if anyone else gets a thawed sample. I will be glad to ship another sample with more dry ice. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

I was that person i assume,  not worried.  THe more dry ice the better hate to say it, shipping is going to cost mroe than the meat itself, this is what i said up above that it is going to be more important to go for the "best of the best" vs just beef for bitcoin.

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
StinkyS4L

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:15:00 PM

Hi:

The steaks were thawed but still cold in my shipment. The ground beef was still frozen. I took some pics...

Gallery of pics at http://imgur.com/a/45FNQ

WWWarrior

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

Hi:

The steaks were thawed but still cold in my shipment. The ground beef was still frozen. I took some pics...
https://i.imgur.com/Abp9Sl3s.jpg

Gallery of pics at http://imgur.com/a/45FNQ

Was it ok? Have you tried it?
StinkyS4L

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:49:41 PM

Just got it today. I am planning on firing up the grill tonight  Smiley

notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

i hope u put more ice in mine since it is coming to hawaii
andelin (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:26:51 PM

i hope u put more ice in mine since it is coming to hawaii
I did put more dry ice in yours but if it comes thawed I apologize in advance and will make sure that I do not repeat this mistake.
 thanks,
PA
notserp
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:51:16 PM

cool hopefully it gets here ok
icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:47:51 PM

aww I'm so jealous. Not sure the ice would last long enough for a trip to the UK Tongue

They look stunning to be fair
Bees Brothers

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:53:17 PM

Just got home from work and the package wasn't here.  Cry

Is there a tracking number?

Hopefully the ice lasts...

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print