Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buy beef with bitcoins  (Read 25549 times)
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 10:35:25 AM

I should have jerky available by October 5th. Any interest?

I'm interested in some jerky. Any way to make it nitrate-free? These will probably be eaten right away, so no need for preservatives. I personally don't mind the nitrate, but the women here says it's a no no :/

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andelin (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:01:33 PM

I'm interested in some jerky. Any way to make it nitrate-free? These will probably be eaten right away, so no need for preservatives. I personally don't mind the nitrate, but the women here says it's a no no :/
good question. My butcher processes the jerky for me. He does a lot of jerky but this is my first batch. I will call him this week to check on the nitrate issue.
Thanks for your interest.
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:05:26 PM

Next shipping dates Sept 2 and Sept 15,16. if anyone wants to get another order in.
Thanks!
Paul A

Is your jerky Gluten Free? (I am HIGHLY sensitive to gluten products-wheat, rye and barley and their by-products) but I really like beef-jerky and immediately thought of making some with meat purchased from yoo but if your jerky is gluten free, I'd rather just buy that. I can also offer gluten-free alternatives to some ingredients used in making jerky if you like.

Thanks!
My butcher processes the jerky and even though he has lots of experience, this is my first batch of beef that he is doing. I will check with him regarding the gluten issue this week. I will post an answer this next week. It looks like the jerky will be ready by mid sept.
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:39:54 PM

Next shipping dates Sept 2 and Sept 15,16. if anyone wants to get another order in.
Thanks!
Paul A
Would probably be interested in a couple of smaller packages of beef jerky provided it was reasonably priced and I didn't get killed on shipping costs.

P.S.  Love the picture of the sunlight coming through the tree near the pond.  That's a beautiful looking place you have there and I bet the beef tastes mighty yummy to boot.

Thanks for the thoughts on the place. It really is beautiful. Lots of deer and some wild turkeys. My parents are buried in a little cemetery on the place next to the prior settlers who were born in 1818.
 The first batch of jerky will be ready in about a week. I am looking into shipping prices . I should be posting prices in about ten days.
 Thanks for the interest.
PaulA
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:17:56 PM

Do you have jerky without beef?
I am allergic to beef.
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:02:47 PM

I am allergic to beef.

Sorry,  I only have beef jerky presently.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 07:50:16 AM

How about some chicken breasts without the chicken?  Grin

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:56:36 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 08:54:46 PM by bernard75

No problem there, now take chicken breasts and beer battered fish, just without the chicken and fish and there is a party.

Sorry for the short hijack OP.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:51:36 PM

I am allergic to beef.

I will PM you some links on quality non-beef jerky....what meat is your preference? I can get almost any meat in a jerky just not all are gluten free so I am unable to enjoy them.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:31:40 AM

I notice that my website "www.andelinlivestock.com " has some issues in the link to pay with bitcoin. Until I get this fixed if anyone wants to order beef using bitcoins, you can message me on this forum or send me a message by email on the website. Thanks,
Paul A
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:09:24 PM

I notice that my website "www.andelinlivestock.com " has some issues in the link to pay with bitcoin. Until I get this fixed if anyone wants to order beef using bitcoins, you can message me on this forum or send me a message by email on the website. Thanks,
Paul A

I had no idea you had a website until the last post on the last page Cheesy

You might want to update your OP to include your website. Right now it just says: "I am working on a website."

Also, do you ship to Canada? I saw a few people discussing it in the thread, but couldn't really find an answer.

+1 on the website....very cool!

Please let me know if your butcher uses any products containing wheat,rye or barley in their jerky mix as I am still very interested in purchasing some quality beef jerky. Most soy and teriyaki sauces have wheat-gluten in their ingredients so it is difficult for me to find quality gluten free beef jerky.
Thanks

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:45:06 PM

Paul A

You might want to update your OP to include your website. Right now it just says: "I am working on a website."

Also, do you ship to Canada? I saw a few people discussing it in the thread, but couldn't really find an answer.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just updated as you mentioned.
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:46:04 PM

Paul A

Please let me know if your butcher uses any products containing wheat,rye or barley in their jerky mix as I am still very interested in purchasing some quality beef jerky. Most soy and teriyaki sauces have wheat-gluten in their ingredients so it is difficult for me to find quality gluten free beef jerky.
Thanks

I did put an initial call in but I will call the butcher back tomorrow.
Thanks for the reminder.
Paul A
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:28:00 PM

Paul A

Thanks

My butcher tells me that the jerky does have nitrates in it but does not have gluten. However, I know that some people are extremely sensitive to gluten and that if processing equipment has been used with other gluten containing recipes that the "gluten free" product might have minute amounts of gluten in it.Since this is my first round with the jerky I am a little nervous about this, not wanting to cause anyone a problem. Therefore, if you want to try it, perhaps a small sample first, just to make sure. The jerky will be ready next week. I will have priced posted next week.
Paul A
jjjohnson

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:49:59 PM

cooked some ribeyes from andelin yesterday night sous vide then flash browned.
most delicious dinner i've had in a while!
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:03:43 PM

Paul A

Thanks

My butcher tells me that the jerky does have nitrates in it but does not have gluten. However, I know that some people are extremely sensitive to gluten and that if processing equipment has been used with other gluten containing recipes that the "gluten free" product might have minute amounts of gluten in it.Since this is my first round with the jerky I am a little nervous about this, not wanting to cause anyone a problem. Therefore, if you want to try it, perhaps a small sample first, just to make sure. The jerky will be ready next week. I will have priced posted next week.
Paul A

Hey Paul, I'd gladly pay for a small sample shipped my way...I can order some home gluten tests and determine how safe they will be for myself and others.
Thanks much!

*Got LootCrate?*
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:31:18 PM

you should add a picture of your farm or beef
so that people will trust to buy from you

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:12:30 AM

I'm talking with my family and friends so we can work on a "group buy"  Grin

Anyone near Portland, Oregon is welcome to get in on the action. I'm planning at least $100 myself...perhaps more if my friends/family want any. Thanks for providing this service here!

*Got LootCrate?*
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:52:27 AM

you should add a picture of your farm or beef
so that people will trust to buy from you
Early in the thread are photos of the farm, reviews and photos of the meat also. You can also check www.andelinlivestock.com.
Thanks for the suggestion.
PaulA
andelin (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 02:36:05 AM

Just received my beef jerky . Have had a few friends try it..seems quite tender. Teriyaki 4 oz packages. 10.00usd or BTC. For the first round of orders shipping is free. it does contain gluten. Previously I had posted that my butcher stated it did not have gluten. That was an error. Pm order and I will send you a BTC address. Not sure how long it will last. It is selling around already.
Thanks, paul a.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: