Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:17:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary spamming "good project" and one-liner spam.  (Read 709 times)
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:33:47 AM

Those post should be deleted and my view is that he should be banned for posting for some time as a warning.
I don't know about banning but he has 61 posts deleted, this should be enough warning.
https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=okane818

Did not know that there is such inforamtion in bip, thats cool.  This means that ban would be approprirate.  Lets see how this will be handled by mods ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:39:41 AM

They have deleted 4 more now he has 65 deleted posts.
I would like to know why he is not banned yet?

Veleor
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653

Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 10:14:05 AM

They have deleted 4 more now he has 65 deleted posts.
I would like to know why he is not banned yet?

Maybe it is Satoshi's relative.  Cheesy

Huge community & Promising project! I like this kind.

Best regards

Okane Satoshi
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:21:00 PM

nice catch @iasenko

reading about legenadries spamming like boots assures me that my idea:

we could be more fair... Let's rise every rank requirements for 1 merit

jr. member - 1 merit,
member - 11 merits,
full member - 101 merits,
senior member - 251 merits,
hero member - 501 merits,
legendary - 1001 merits

I think it would be really FUN to see some high ranked users fighting to "EARN" their first merit ever ;-)

I know it wouldn't make any change with reducing spam by ranked spammers but unless it will harden a bit their lives or reduce their earnings for such shitposts...
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:20:01 AM

we could be more fair... Let's rise every rank requirements for 1 merit

In general I believe that this could not be a bad idea, just removing signature until 1 merit is earned.
But in reality most likely it will lead to merit abuse, especially if there is a high ranking spam user as this Legendary user, who can easily trade merit

TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:30:49 AM

He is still not banned, wonder why?
Are there different standards for plagiarism??

Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 04:52:41 PM

He's been doing this forever apparently.
What you should do is report as many posts as you can. They will be deleted and he'll rank down.
Can you get him back to junior member,are you up for the challenge ?

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:36:40 PM

Lol, i can bet few bucks that this is "recently bought" account and new owner just has a bit different lvl of communication Smiley

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:38:50 AM

From time to time , i come across low quality legendaries or Hero members which suprises me but those are putting few sentences together, this one cant even do that,he is a special specimen.

Those post should be deleted and my view is that he should be banned for posting for some time as a warning.

I don't know about banning but he has 61 posts deleted, this should be enough warning.
https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=okane818

Number of deleted posts really means very little without review of each and every one of them.
Some of the previous mods on the alt board were not at all to be trusted to form conclusive and final opinion on the value of a post.

I have seen some people just get things deleted for no reason that could be justified at all other than to someone who is completely unreasonable. Some mods here have previously favoured some real  shady projects and pointing this out will have previously caused you an issue if they could see to it.

Also, back before posting to claim rewards from new projects was banned and was standard practice on airdrops you could have a history riddled with deletes for those.

To ban a legend member there needs to be a real case for it. Especially for a perm ban.

TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:26:19 PM

The OP was just a question how to deal with such accounts but the situation here is a bit different, if you have seen the posts from Veleor , there are some cases of plagiarism.
I don't want innocent people to get banned but I want to set some border for those cases.
Some get banned for even less, some are pardoned maybe...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: