Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Africa be a good place for crypto?  (Read 3544 times)
zubrr51

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:27:05 PM

In Africa there are not only poor countries, but also countries with normal living conditions. Cryptocurrencies are not possible to implement in the absence of the economy.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:35:21 PM

It will be great if Africa will also embrace the blockchain technology showing their support too. I have seen ICOs before that targets to help improve people's lives in that country which can be a crucial event that can help bitcoin grow more its market cap and price.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:44:51 AM
Merited by voztata (3)

The success of digital wallets in the African continent was really great and based on what I've read on news articles about it, it really helped the economy and the businesses when it all started years ago.
With this in mind, will Africans be welcoming of bitcoin/altcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to earn cash or invest? Like using it as real money / cash?

I think the only downside of starting your own crypto in Africa, and I am talking about northern states, is their technology and how the internet is spread in there. As you know, many nations there are either not technologically inclined, or its availability is a little scare compared to other countries. Therefore, for an industry that is heavily inclined with the use of the internet, I am not sure if you can make it work, when the basic requisite to be in the market is not close for your to grasp and use. However, if you can find a stable source, which can provide you what you need in order to start up your own coin as a developer or investor or event trader, then go for it.
Sometimes, a whole lot of you come here to just embarrass yourselves without a single clue of what you are even saying. A country, really? Even if you did not do geography in high school, at least, common sense and intelligence should at least give you the zeal to want to know the continents in the world.

For your information and for the information of those who are in your category, having been through this thread, Africa is a continent and not a thread, and we have over 50 countries in Africa.

In terms of adoption, there are a lot of factors that will really either limit or make it easy for most part of it. It would have been a continent that would really make us see a difference come into play with real life usage and adoption, but technologically, there are a lot of things that will draw most countries in Africa back as a result of it.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 01:10:11 PM
Merited by voztata (2)

In African countries, I am a little hesitant because there are so many cases like ICOs that fail and there are many other cases that use cryptocurrency, so in Africa it is not necessarily a good place for cryptocurrency so you should stay alert when saving your cryptocurrency.
The place of country is not important to save your crypto currencies because all uses same place to store your cryptos only the wallets are differ.But maybe Africa is not a best place to spend cryptos since they are one of the mosr poorest country so they are struggling for their daily life too.
I want to believe it is the acceptance that really matters in most places and the government will also have a huge part to play in that. However, we should not forget the fact that when we are looking at the way things have been over the years, and for the fact that Africa is one continent that has been lagging behind to some huge extent when it comes to technology adoption, I will say it is something that may pose a problem when it comes to adoption in this part of the world.

We cannot really say yet, how things will turn out, but at least, the fact that some countries in Africa are at least thriving technologically and majority of people are beginning to adopt crypto there, it should be a start.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:33:32 PM

The success of digital wallets in the African continent was really great and based on what I've read on news articles about it, it really helped the economy and the businesses when it all started years ago.
With this in mind, will Africans be welcoming of bitcoin/altcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to earn cash or invest? Like using it as real money / cash?
I found a new crypto that emerged from Africa.
ann : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5040437.0
bounty : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5028205.0
I think Africans also have great potential because not all of them are left behind in technology
No one is actually saying the potential is not there in the long run, but it would take some time, the fact that you are seeing some projects pop up with some pretty good team from Africa, trying to bring about something for the growth of the space, we still cannot use that to judge entirely that it would be easily adopted in Africa.

It is not like we do not have some brilliant minds here in at least some of the developing parts of Africa, but for the general continent itself, a lot will have to do with the government, and not just people who decide to do their own personal stuffs.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 03:37:30 PM

Countries with an emerging economy are fertile ground for cryptocurrency, as there is no need to break the old foundations.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:56:38 PM

Countries with an emerging economy are fertile ground for cryptocurrency, as there is no need to break the old foundations.
There are some countries which makes good crypto every year and they even never care about the market cap, but according to me the best country for crypto is those who accept it earlier as it effects the economy of any country really well so everyone can as America should accept the value and worth of bitcoin, it is best part of bitcoin journey.
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:47:04 PM

Every country can be a good place for cryptocurrency. But I think it will become better if it will establish in the country that is industrialized already. Africa is good also because a lot of natural resources can be found in this continent. There are many things to be developed and of course, they can make it specially, nowadays that there is a globalization.
Africa is a big continent and bitcoin can have a great potential there. If only Africa can adopt it fully, it will mean a lot of support and strength for bitcoin.
Indeed it is not only America but there are a lot of other countries who are using bitcoin and the people are investing in it, actually it makes the country economy well developed and in some other words it gives best opportunity to earn money even without investing anything, it is being use as job in many countries, so for me it is time when bitcoin will be legal all over the world.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
DByte

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:00:16 PM

They've been at at the very least, more friendly with cryptocurrencies compared to other countries. Some Asian countries are crypto-friendly too.

DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:01:05 PM

That is a good question. Probably they will use it as digital currencies and wallets only in relatively far future. Their socio economical statement need improvements first.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
hildacitra

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 10:29:53 PM

Bitcoin and crypto currency will be well developed where internet is also developing because it can not run without internet. Based on I ever read that internet in Africa is rapidly developed since recent decade. It shows 67% from total population of African now are becoming a internet user. Thus, Africa has potential for crypto to grow more and it is probably will be good place for Crypto. It will help African to help and solve the economics problem and poverty.

Blockfolioz

Activity: 230

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 11:00:14 PM

Very few African countries have got people who are financial stable and those will surely make use of the cryptocurrency, and when it comes to the rest it is uncertain. Because majority doesn't get even their daily food, by that situation the focus will be towards food and not towards any form of technology growth.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:59:08 PM

Crypto is for all who wants to accept it and I think crypto will be good in Africa as long they can manage it well and use it to good things. Crypto will be big help to them mostly to the people that need it most. Some of people in Africa is hard to have a good life and I think crypto will be a big help to them.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:11:27 AM

For me Africa might be a place for cryptocurrency, but the present state  of development is a disadvantage to the development of  crypto, presently most Africa countries are still tag as developing countries and yet keep on upgrading in terms of their industry, base on the technological development and economic status, most do not have access to internet facilities and electricity is still not stable, this are core need for cryptocurrency to be extinguished.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:48:37 AM

I think not just Africa that will be a good place for crypto, but the other country is also a good place because every people can have the same opportunity to get their chance to make money. It depends on how people react with the crypto, and if somehow, the people can take the benefits from the crypto then I am sure that they will stay in the crypto and they will try to get more and more benefits.
We do not have the basic facilities available to the common people in Africa let alone the use of Bitcoin. Africa has so many issues to focus on besides this one. So the countries with low per capita incomes are normally reluctant towards accepting this new system because it is thought of as disturbing the developing economies.

However it is not impossible and if in a country like Venezuela, a cryptocurrency state bank could open, the same could also happen here. This system will work anywhere where it has demand.
taliwang

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:59:47 AM

maybe a good african country to become a cryptocurrency place but I see some african countries are still not too risky, so even then you should be more careful with the cryptocurrency you have.
Meretseger

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:07:06 AM

But in many African countries, electronic money is seen as an opportunity and increasingly accepted.
Many countries in Africa accept electronic money and apply blockchain technology, to digitize and diversify their markets.
DedgeDoge

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:51:03 AM

It will be great if Africa will also embrace the blockchain technology showing their support too. I have seen ICOs before that targets to help improve people's lives in that country which can be a crucial event that can help bitcoin grow more its market cap and price.
That is really a very good news about bitcoin, I am sure that now only Africa but so many other countries are going to accept bitcoin as a legal currency, it is the future currency and every country have to accept the fact.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:45:13 PM

Most of the countries in the region of africa are developing and aquiring more modern technology, if the case some countries in Africa will be interested in crypyocurrency technology ,then it is good for the countries of Africa , they are developing and might be willing to accept cryptocurrency.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:29:30 PM

Most of the countries in the region of africa are developing and aquiring more modern technology, if the case some countries in Africa will be interested in crypyocurrency technology ,then it is good for the countries of Africa , they are developing and might be willing to accept cryptocurrency.
This will only start with the adoption as the people will follow if the government wanted this to implement in their country. Besides those negativity will always present as no one can please all the people. I just hope the those leaders are real for this adoption not for their personal interest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: