Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:25:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
Frobeek

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:04:30 AM

As long as everybody has an access to the internet, then there's a possibility that BTC can be used by everyone. It is obviously a digital currency wherein internet is the basic and needed way.
When we use our coins for our daily needs, people will come to know about it and when we tell them about the benefits of bitcoin they will take interest because bitcoin is not only currency but also a very profitable business. Two in one will be acceptable to everyone. They will easily come towards bitcoin because everyone wants more and more money to earn.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:11:46 PM

It's really hard to convince people to use bitcoin as a currency given the fact that it's very volatile. Its market value is constantly rising up and high so that means a 1btc cup of coffee today can cost 0.01btc in the next few hours.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:25:15 PM

I think simple people like us cannot convince many people to use bitcoin as a currency. If we want to get more people to use bitcoin. Only the government can convince more people. Because they have the resources to promote bitcoin anywhere.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:07:53 AM

what people think is always different each other. some people use it as currency for a while and other use for cash. and i admit it, im here for cash too. but we got thing other than cash.
people will do what ever as long as it is profit for theirself. if it profitable as currency, they will use it as currency.
government must support crypto and implement in their country. try little by little in some market.
It’s a thing of choice. Despite that Bitcoin is volatile and not stable, there are people who makes use of it as a way of sending and receiving payments. So since others are not interested, you can’t force them. And Bitcoin is also meant to be volatile and you can’t change that. If it was stable, then people would have had interest in making use of it.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:11:48 AM

We can make people to start using bitcoin by we ourself start using it as a mode of payment for good and services as this is the major ways people will adopt it.  Bitcoin is the money of the future and we just need to tell people this.
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:34:40 AM

We can make people to start using bitcoin by we ourself start using it as a mode of payment for good and services as this is the major ways people will adopt it.  Bitcoin is the money of the future and we just need to tell people this.
Convincing people is not an easy task, but showing them how we really use it will have them interested to participate and adopt the chain. We needed to change their perspective that it's not only for investment but it can also be used in our daily activities. For now, as our society relies mostly on computers and internet, so we should as well start diverting our money to cryptocurrency.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:51:37 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.

fastest way is having shop owner to set up crypto payment service. like normal payment. people will start to get curious when its available anywhere. when its become a norm, the trend will start.
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:17:13 AM

The OP answered thier question. People could use crypto currency as a currency if they could exchange it for somethin that they coyld actually use and not just investments, premium content or other internet services. I mean we saw before that a guy bought pizza for 10K BTC. Those kinds of transactions are what we need to get people on crypto currency.

Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 02:47:10 AM

One of the ways to get the public's attention on Bitcoin is to start asking for making payments in Bitcoin in every shop we buy items from. With this, the attention of these shops, companies or businesses will be drawn to Bitcoin and consider integrating it into their payment.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
OrangeII

Activity: 2030
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:38:54 AM

well, we can't force it, because using bitcoin as a payment tool is an awareness that we can benefit by using bitcoin as a payment tool. well, for now, there have been so many trades that use bitcoin for its marketing tools, because bitcoin can be used as an investment tool, like gold.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

twa

Activity: 320

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:14:09 AM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
for now I think it is very difficult to introduce bitcoin to ordinary people, and moreover in my country because crypto currencies have not been legalized my government in the country so of course the cryptocurrency interests and beliefs in my country are still seen with one eye maybe if the state has legalized it would be very easy in investing

iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:52:07 AM

As a currency, crypto has been accepted onlibe. As viable payment for internet services and premium content viewing. I've seen only a handful of businesses accepting crypto currency in the real world, ranging from clothes to food. But these businesses are very strict about the amount of stuff you have to pay for.
But it's still very limited to using bitcoin as a currency, you're still having trouble finding a seller who accepts payment with bitcoin
right? if bitcoin is like a fiat can be used anywhere, I'm sure many people will use it as a currency
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:57:13 AM

As a currency, crypto has been accepted onlibe. As viable payment for internet services and premium content viewing. I've seen only a handful of businesses accepting crypto currency in the real world, ranging from clothes to food. But these businesses are very strict about the amount of stuff you have to pay for.
But it's still very limited to using bitcoin as a currency, you're still having trouble finding a seller who accepts payment with bitcoin
right? if bitcoin is like a fiat can be used anywhere, I'm sure many people will use it as a currency
Let's accept the fact that Bitcoin will never be used as a currency just like we use paper money, Bitcoin is just like an asset that we can hold for a long term to have a good profit but not as a payment method due to unstable value in the market many people didn't use this as a currency. Besides, it is used in trading in the market cap, or just storing in long run and wait to have a profit, that's what Bitcoin meant for.

bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:22:07 AM

especially in my country, where there is no legality for bitcoin, there was once in several cities in my country, but it was dislowed because it is illegal. and until now it is still difficult to use it
MichaelOwen

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:10:05 AM

If we prove to people that it is a great tool, reliable, and more advantageous than paper money, then people will use it more. We also need to take measures to prevent bad behaviors in the use of bitcoins for malicious purposes such as: tax evasion, money laundering, etc.
Michael_Cox

Activity: 67
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:07:17 AM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.

Not quite. Even though bitcoin's price become stable, it might still not be enough for people to start using bitcoin. It could drive businesses to accept bitcoins as an alternative payment option, but it doesn't guarantee that people will start using it. It still depends on the people whether they would want to get into crypto or not.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

Yeah, the fact is that if we can at least get to see more merchants accepting bitcoin as a payment method, we will obviously get to see people using it. However, unless we do not want to be realistic, on a larger scale this is something that would be pretty hard to achieve at the moment, comparing the fact that the market is still highly volatile and probably when we get to see some huge level of mainstream adoption, less volatility and probably some bigger moneys kicking in and the market getting more matured, absolutely, real life usage on its own, will most definitely kick in all by its own, but I believe it is all a gradual process.
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:23:18 AM

So many people already use bitcoins in the virtual world and in the real world, just bitcoin hands are currently tied until the governments legalizes it, then it will be possible to talk about other possibilities when this happens. It is certain that this moment should sometime come.
CelebratingBTC

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:01:42 AM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
and that won't happen. bitcoin is a decentralized currency in which no one controls it in the market and everyone who is called an investor makes the pump or dump itself. the situation will continue with efforts to make profit, and bitcoin will not be stable.
It is not right, I don’t believe that. Bitcoin price can be controlled although it is decentralized. This is a business and till date government has nothing to do with bitcoin but in the future when they realize that bitcoin is the only choice for the people all over the world they will definitely allow bitcoin and thus bitcoin will become the global currency. Price has nothing to do with this.
panganib999

Activity: 1722
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 11:45:45 AM

As of this moment there is a quite stores (physical and online) that has a method for cryptocurrency or just bitcoin. We cannot really force people to use cryptocurrency as a means of payment of every transaction, it is only applicable for those who has a wide perception for the future not with pessimists about the technology capabilities.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: