Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency?  (Read 52917 times)
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:03:58 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.

fastest way is having shop owner to set up crypto payment service. like normal payment. people will start to get curious when its available anywhere. when its become a norm, the trend will start.
Sorry to say but I am not agree with you point of view as much as I know we are the actual characters of crypto currency, we can help to convince people use crypto currency more than government. We are citizens we know the mentality of our society so we know how to mold them, for me we can help to change the minds of people and convince them to invest better than authorities.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 06:13:21 PM

Bitcoin is not a good idea as a currency. Although Bitcoin’s goal was to become a currency, Bitcoin now looks more like an investment product than a currency. Its dramatic price fluctuations are not conducive to being a medium of exchange.

Bitcoin' goal was not to become a currency or even replace the fiat system as it is and as people are saying it. Bitcoin and other crypto currencies will stay as it is in the future since they are tend to be decentralized and volatile as they are. I don't think a lot of investors will be accepting a Bitcoin or other cryptos as a centralized currency being controlled by the government.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 06:25:15 PM

How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
People can not be forced to use Bitcoin as a means of payment. For them, you can only create appropriate conditions so that they themselves want to use it as a payment system. To do this, you need to create an appropriate infrastructure for its use, which is not yet available. For this structure to be created, it is necessary that most states legalize bitcoin. And this is a long process.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 10:52:22 PM

This is a big problem and it is not something that can be solved easily, we are going to need that people see a reason to use cryptocurrencies and this is going to happen if they see that their fiat currency is extremely weak and for that we will need the economy of the world and the power of governments to weaken, something that could happen but we do not know when.
Eggzootechkoyn

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:07:16 PM

The only problem of introducing bitcoin to people to use it as a currency is the fact that its market value is very unstable as it is volatile in nature too. You can not make a certain thing to be a currency if its value can rise and fall every minute.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
walemil

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

If we want to get people to use bitcoin as currency and not as a quick way of making money, we have to be sure that there is enough merchants accepting bitcoin. In this case, people will be attracted to spending there bitcoin to buy good for sale by those merchants
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:48:31 PM

I think it should be accepted as currency by the goverment and get legalized first, but people still foudning different ways to use it even if they can use it in the store we can send for example money to each other and withdraw them in cash it's also a lot more better then using high fee exchange

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:09:47 AM

You cannot force people to use bitcoin as currency because there are only a few things as what you mentioned that can be bought with bitcoin. When it comes to our country, I am using bitcoin as currency at times because I use it to pay some of my bills like credit card, phone bills etc. because our platform permits us to do so.

However, not all country has this kind of platform and in case they need money, they are force to exchange it to fiat first because most of the transactions can only be paid in fiat. It would start with the merchants if they would consider adopting it and then people would use it as currency.
It does not depend only on people but in public places holders of products or authorities should accept the Bitcoin or other coins as payment mode which is not common in many developed countries.

However, many countries are accepting it as payment mode especially companies where there friction-less transaction of Bitcoin is very necessary. As long as traders and investors who have business around should accept crypto coins as payment mode after which people will enable to use it.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:27:03 AM

You cannot force people to use bitcoin as currency because there are only a few things as what you mentioned that can be bought with bitcoin. When it comes to our country, I am using bitcoin as currency at times because I use it to pay some of my bills like credit card, phone bills etc. because our platform permits us to do so.

However, not all country has this kind of platform and in case they need money, they are force to exchange it to fiat first because most of the transactions can only be paid in fiat. It would start with the merchants if they would consider adopting it and then people would use it as currency.
It does not depend only on people but in public places holders of products or authorities should accept the Bitcoin or other coins as payment mode which is not common in many developed countries.

However, many countries are accepting it as payment mode especially companies where there friction-less transaction of Bitcoin is very necessary. As long as traders and investors who have business around should accept crypto coins as payment mode after which people will enable to use it.

Exactly, there's nothing to do with the people but it's with the firm itself, or the government who should first consider bitcoin as a currency. People are just consumers.
rafi035

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:58:03 AM

perhaps for absolute payments such as the applicable fiat currency I don't think that can happen, and in my country the currency has not been fully recognized by the government, and the government prohibits payment transactions directly using cryptocurrency.
Commotheon

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:21:16 AM

Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
and that won't happen. bitcoin is a decentralized currency in which no one controls it in the market and everyone who is called an investor makes the pump or dump itself. the situation will continue with efforts to make profit, and bitcoin will not be stable.
It is not right, I don’t believe that. Bitcoin price can be controlled although it is decentralized. This is a business and till date government has nothing to do with bitcoin but in the future when they realize that bitcoin is the only choice for the people all over the world they will definitely allow bitcoin and thus bitcoin will become the global currency. Price has nothing to do with this.
Also there should be another possible if the cryptocurrency become stable maybe its impossible because its volatile but there's only 2 chances.
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:55:50 AM

for now I think it is very difficult because not all countries legalize crypto currency as a legitimate and valid currency, people will think negatively and badly about crypto currencies
domarakooth

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 07:58:37 AM

Bitcoin is not a good idea as a currency. Although Bitcoin’s goal was to become a currency, Bitcoin now looks more like an investment product than a currency. Its dramatic price fluctuations are not conducive to being a medium of exchange.
If the price of bitcoin keep increasing people involve with it. As we're watching the price which is decreasing and people are quiting. Just think what if the price increase instead of decrease i am sure no one will left the bitcoin even more people join it and invest there money.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 08:29:16 AM

If you want everyone to be able to use bitcoin, then the first thing we need to do is to build the infrastructure: that is, make sure all the internet and computers are set up. Secondly, everyone must equip themselves with technology knowledge to be able to use it

I think that for the internet, laptops or cellphones, everyone has it. the main problem is about the main rules in each country that is different, and if you experience rejection we are also limited to using bitcoin

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:50:02 AM

That is what bitcoin purpose for the future being uses in any different aspects like payment directly to store, using bitcoin card being process to pay to airlines ticket, busses, train and any transformation we have if ever we don't have phone carried anywhere.
That is the thing! Generally there will be nothing like usage in real life when there is no means to make use of it. There are so many factors that is delaying or limiting a lot of merchants to accept bitcoin as a payment method now and that has a lot to do with scaling and volatility.

it is a gradual process and I believe in the long term this would be a forgotten story as we will get to see the scaling issue solve and with mainstream adoption, volatility becoming a thing of the past and in such cases, we will get to see more merchants accepting bitcoin and even other cryptocurrencies. With that, you will not need to tell anyone to try it all by themselves and that is how the usage in normal life will kick in.
Gagah119

Activity: 295
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:42:21 PM

I think it will be very difficult to make people aware that bitcoin can be used for payment, because basically everyone who enters the crypto world wants to earn income, it is better to give a first understanding of bad fiat money and the BANK, so people will turn to crypto by itself .
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:34:12 PM

So many people already use bitcoins in the virtual world and in the real world, just bitcoin hands are currently tied until the governments legalizes it, then it will be possible to talk about other possibilities when this happens. It is certain that this moment should sometime come.

In my opinion, mostly the people who have many Bitcoins use this crypto as the currency, the money to buy something. The majority prefer to invest in it and trade to earn.
avarnet

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:42:52 PM

So many people already use bitcoins in the virtual world and in the real world, just bitcoin hands are currently tied until the governments legalizes it, then it will be possible to talk about other possibilities when this happens. It is certain that this moment should sometime come.

In my opinion, mostly the people who have many Bitcoins use this crypto as the currency, the money to buy something. The majority prefer to invest in it and trade to earn.
absolutely right and as far as I know, many people use bitcoin to be used as a transaction and investment tool as well as trading, because by investing and trading in bitcoin it really produces
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 04:02:30 PM

I spend crypto daily - I use Bitpay services which holds my BTC and then it converts to fiat cash as I use the card - works like any other debit/credit card.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
rez303

Activity: 338

StartFi

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 05:17:52 PM

very simple. That is when the whole world accepted Bitcoin and wanted to own it. If it really has great value like Microsoft or Amazon, surely there will be more people wanting to own bitcoin. Instead of choosing to buy Microsoft stock, they will buy Bitcoin and hold. Buying Bitcoin will not cost you much and is easy to trade.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: