Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:33:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I will go out on a limb and say it. Dorian S Nakamoto is the real Satoshi.  (Read 2269 times)
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:47:49 PM

I am not going to add a poll, because most people here have a strong vested interest/confirmation bias that Dorian S Nakamoto is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto.

But ya know what. He is.

He worked on Bitcoin as part of some project with funding from above that he is not allowed to talk about it. He used his birth name in the white paper because like any creative talent, part of him craves praise and recognition for his work. The female journalist caught of him off guard and he admitted to it, since then he has had time to get his head together, remind himself of the NDA agreement he signed and the consequences of him breaking it, and pulled on his game face and easily shrugged off further suggestions that he is the creator of Bitcoin as misunderstandings.

The discrepancies between Satoshi Nakamoto's high level literary skills and the disjointed English contained in Dorian S Nakamoto's personal Emails etc, means nothing. High grade fluent authoring capabilities and a genius level understanding level of mathematics generally do not go hand in hand. It was a large team that worked on Bitcoin. It had to be, and over many many years. A project member more adept at written communication would have handled that side of things.

Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto, is the creator of Bitcoin. And it was part of a funded long term project to which he signed an NDA and is therefore bound not to ever be able to publicly acknowledge his part in it.

The truth has a certain chime to it and regardless of the smoke n mirrors that have went up around this scene, this sounds like the chiming of truth to me. He is the real deal but won't ever publicly admit it.....except when he is caught off-guard.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:53:13 PM

you are right dorian nakamoto is the real satoshi... its wrote on his birth certificate

but also the real bitcoin creator is not dorian. satoshi nakamoto is not wrote on the bitcoin inventors birth certificate

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:09:33 PM

I also think that people don't understand you don't necessarily have to be completely competent in terms of conversational skills in a language to write or read on a level above them. It's a difficult concept to get your head around, but it's entirely possible for an individual to achieve a pH.D in english-speaking environment and still have a heavily accented, disjointed conversational language skills.

The background, ideas, and personality profile really does match what we know of 'satoshi' back then. People have a vested interest in just being plain flat out 'nonononolalalalala' when it comes to exposing one of 'their own', but in this case, the picture isn't all that much of a wild goose chase.

His background profile, political leaning, and general attitude is pretty much how many people thought satoshi would be - intelligent but emotionally stunted, insecure and secretive, innovative but lacking interpersonal manners, and craving some smug recognition with a slight attitude and chip on his shoulder. He may be 64, but behaves and has an attitude of someone who has been stuck in age of 29.

Nothing is definitive, but what we know so far shows that there are more than a few indicators which support the claim that he is THE REAL satoshi.

Discuss with something other than 'fuckfuckfucknoway'

botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:22:59 PM

I have the same feeling, this guy may be the real Satoshi Nakamoto. Everyone here says "look at the way he writes, this guy is not smart" but in the interview he seems to control very well his English and he seems to be smart.
hjbuell

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Writer $0.10/word +

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:28:26 PM

I also think that people don't understand you don't necessarily have to be completely competent in terms of conversational skills in a language to write or read on a level above them. It's a difficult concept to get your head around, but it's entirely possible for an individual to achieve a pH.D in english-speaking environment and still have a heavily accented, disjointed conversational language skills.

The background, ideas, and personality profile really does match what we know of 'satoshi' back then. People have a vested interest in just being plain flat out 'nonononolalalalala' when it comes to exposing one of 'their own', but in this case, the picture isn't all that much of a wild goose chase.

His background profile, political leaning, and general attitude is pretty much how many people thought satoshi would be - intelligent but emotionally stunted, insecure and secretive, innovative but lacking interpersonal manners, and craving some smug recognition with a slight attitude and chip on his shoulder. He may be 64, but behaves and has an attitude of someone who has been stuck in age of 29.

Nothing is definitive, but what we know so far shows that there are more than a few indicators which support the claim that he is THE REAL satoshi.

Discuss with something other than 'fuckfuckfucknoway'

Refreshingly clear understanding of how the mind works independently of a person's speaking or writing level in a particular language. Nice to see Smiley

Would the real Slim Shady please stand up now?

Being different is all it takes to make a difference. H. J. Buell
Writer from $0.10 per word. https://hjbuell.com
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

A person can speak a language poorly but have much better writing skills with it. Heck, I was born in Detroit and have lived in America all my life, and I believe I have much better writing skills in English than speaking it.

I don't understand why anyone would claim Satoshi was just a front for an organization though. That's not a parsimonious claim. What organization would benefit? Not governments or banks whose ability to tax or extract transaction fees are directly undermined by Bitcoin. (Claims that bitcoin is a conspiracy created by either of those sources are terribly incoherent.)

He had years of time, based on the article information. He apparently had the competence, which not many randomly picked "Satoshi Nakamotos" would have (such as the one they mentioned was a clothing designer). As others mentioned, his overall profile fits much better than 99% of people on the street for being motivated and capable of creating Bitcoin. I don't feel that's proof, but he's going to need something stronger than a couple denials to make this all go away if he is not the creator of Bitcoin.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:17:06 PM

I am not going to add a poll, because most people here have a strong vested interest/confirmation bias that Dorian S Nakamoto is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto.

But ya know what. He is.

He worked on Bitcoin as part of some project with funding from above that he is not allowed to talk about it. He used his birth name in the white paper because like any creative talent, part of him craves praise and recognition for his work. The female journalist caught of him off guard and he admitted to it, since then he has had time to get his head together, remind himself of the NDA agreement he signed and the consequences of him breaking it, and pulled on his game face and easily shrugged off further suggestions that he is the creator of Bitcoin as misunderstandings.

The discrepancies between Satoshi Nakamoto's high level literary skills and the disjointed English contained in Dorian S Nakamoto's personal Emails etc, means nothing. High grade fluent authoring capabilities and a genius level understanding level of mathematics generally do not go hand in hand. It was a large team that worked on Bitcoin. It had to be, and over many many years. A project member more adept at written communication would have handled that side of things.

Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto, is the creator of Bitcoin. And it was part of a funded long term project to which he signed an NDA and is therefore bound not to ever be able to publicly acknowledge his part in it.

The truth has a certain chime to it and regardless of the smoke n mirrors that have went up around this scene, this sounds like the chiming of truth to me. He is the real deal but won't ever publicly admit it.....except when he is caught off-guard.

Makes sense, there are endless possilities. But in my opinion, the direction this is going is that Dorian Nakamoto is indeed Satoshi. I mean, imagine if you worked on classified things for the U.S government, I'm sure that they'd make you sign a non disclosure agreement..

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:19:54 PM

Makes sense, there are endless possilities. But in my opinion, the direction this is going is that Dorian Nakamoto is indeed Satoshi. I mean, imagine if you worked on classified things for the U.S government, I'm sure that they'd make you sign a non disclosure agreement..

He confirmed himself that he is made to sign NDA agreements for his (definitely not Bitcoin) classified projects that he has worked on, as though something inside of him is screaming to let the world know that it is him, he is the smart one, he is the genius.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:21:34 PM

Didn't Satoshi use Tor, generally avoid answering any personal questions and use anonymous and throw away email addresses, etc? It does not follow that he would go to all that trouble but pin his real birth name to all his work.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:55:45 PM

Didn't Satoshi use Tor, generally avoid answering any personal questions and use anonymous and throw away email addresses, etc? It does not follow that he would go to all that trouble but pin his real birth name to all his work.

Except that he used his name (if this is the guy) before Bitcoin was created and during its infancy, when his desire for privacy was less of an issue.

I agree this is a sticking point, a big one. But history is full of examples of "high security" projects or efforts that were compromised by innumerable foibles of human behavior that seem stupid in hindsight.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:59:48 PM

The secrecy is all based around pragmatism and perhaps sense of emphasised humility whilst under the eye of social scrutiny (very Japanese), however, don't you think that part of him would be screaming out for praise and recognition? It is only natural. He and his team worked on this project, perhaps they had no idea of what was to become of it and the attention that it would get.

Perhaps signing off his work with his birth given name didn't seem like such a huge deal at the time?

And remember. Ross Ulbricht came on this website looking to hire coders for Silk Road, using an Email address containing his real name. Now he really really did truly want to remain anonymous, but somehow managed not to with the most spectacular of consequences.

vqp

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:03:36 PM

It was a large team that worked on Bitcoin.
I don't think so. Maybe he took ideas from other people but I think the original client was programmed by just one person.
Software architecture reflects the team structure and the client was a monolithic beast -> One person-team.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:08:03 PM

Dorian Prentice Satoshi Nakamoto is Satoshi Nakamoto, according to his birth certificate.
The creator of bitcoin is not him. That's about it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
superdork

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

What organization would benefit? Not governments or banks whose ability to tax or extract transaction fees are directly undermined by Bitcoin. (Claims that bitcoin is a conspiracy created by either of those sources are terribly incoherent.)

just to play devil's advocate here....

Perhaps not an organization, but individuals within an organization could certainly benefit.

IF a member, or members of a government agency (or other agency with certain information) recognized that it was fully inevitable that a certain course of action would play out, for example the fall of the dollar as the world's reserve currency or other major financial event of similar magnitude, such as bail ins... then those people might see the value in having a currency which would look appealing as an alternative to fiat, or might see the huge value in being in on the ground floor and mining at zero difficulty (or 1, whatever it was) then IF that digital currency took off, making themselves fabulously rich.

Just because it doesn't benefit the government doesn't mean that someone (or a small group) within the government or workers for the government couldn't have played a part. Having access to certain technology and information could certainly have played a part in the creation of bitcoin.

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:17:37 PM

What organization would benefit? Not governments or banks whose ability to tax or extract transaction fees are directly undermined by Bitcoin. (Claims that bitcoin is a conspiracy created by either of those sources are terribly incoherent.)

just to play devil's advocate here....

Perhaps not an organization, but individuals within an organization could certainly benefit.

IF a member, or members of a government agency (or other agency with certain information) recognized that it was fully inevitable that a certain course of action would play out, for example the fall of the dollar as the world's reserve currency or other major financial event of similar magnitude, such as bail ins... then those people might see the value in having a currency which would look appealing as an alternative to fiat, or might see the huge value in being in on the ground floor and mining at zero difficulty (or 1, whatever it was) then IF that digital currency took off, making themselves fabulously rich.

Just because it doesn't benefit the government doesn't mean that someone (or a small group) within the government or workers for the government couldn't have played a part. Having access to certain technology and information could certainly have played a part in the creation of bitcoin.

Or maybe, just maybe, Bitcoins intended purpose is to provide a means for capital flight for individuals within economies that the US are trying to collapse on top off. Not because they want to give poor little wealthy Chinamen, Indians, or Brazilians a means of getting their wealth out of the collapse zone, but because fleeing capital helps bring down an economy and any regime propped up upon it, that happens not to play by the US's rules?

Just as Tor Browser was created by the military to facilitate 'subversive' internet communications in countries whose regime they are covertly helping to undermine, perhaps Bitcoin is the financial other cheek on the same arse.

Bill Bisco

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:21:10 PM

Dorian is too clumsy with his words and expressions.  He mispronounces too many things and hia general affect is that he has no idea what bitcoin is.  I don't believe that Satoshi is also an expert actor so I'm forced to conclude that Dorian is very unlikely to be the Bitcoin Satoshi

BTC: 1PVqE4eM8uBJ7Xb9rCsCLajp5YSi6p8oQ6
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"
Vitamin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:24:21 PM

He confirmed himself that he is made to sign NDA agreements for his (definitely not Bitcoin) classified projects that he has worked on, as though something inside of him is screaming to let the world know that it is him, he is the smart one, he is the genius.

Really?  Cuz I just heard him scream for a free lunch.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:27:45 PM

Really?  Cuz I just heard him scream for a free lunch.
No. He's just an old man who wanted free food.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:29:47 PM

After seeing the way much of the public reacts to Bitcoin, I would be deathly afraid to admit I was the creator.
Indeed.

"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
-Voltaire, Le Siècle de Louis XIV (1752)

"I believe that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.
I believe that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty and the democratic form is as bad as any of the other forms.
I believe that the evidence for immortality is no better than the evidence of witches, and deserves no more respect.
I believe in the complete freedom of thought and speech — alike for the humblest man and the mightiest, and in the utmost freedom of conduct that is consistent with living in organized society.
I believe in the capacity of man to conquer his world, and to find out what it is made of, and how it is run.
I believe in the reality of progress.
—But the whole thing, after all, may be put very simply.
I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that it is better to know than be ignorant."
-H.L. Mencken, from "What I Believe" in The Forum 84 (September 1930), p. 139

Cryptocurrency is the future whether or not you like it, dear reader. FIAT is the walking dead.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:15:28 PM

Nobody cares about empty Gox anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: