Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who controls the market?  (Read 1303 times)
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:20:28 PM

It's hard to be able to control coins that have a marketcap of more than $ 300 million, because to be able to control we have to have big money which is at least 50%, and that is a difficult thing.
Bitkoplak

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 02:34:40 PM

yes it is very clear here that the big traders control the price, so must be aware of the frequent changes in prices, I always see the volume in trading, because it refers to how many people trade it
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:11:43 PM

Exchanges, mainly centralized exchanges.
And I think that one of the worst cenhtralized exchange is Bitfinex with their stable coin - Tether. There is a high chance that they manipulate the market with USDT.

Correct. Centralized exchanges are the key players of the whole cryptocurrency market. They largely dominate crypto trades, which explains the reason why prices have been manipulated easily by them. Speaking of Bitfinex's Tether currency, it looks like it's the main factor which has caused all this mess. In the last days, USDT has failed to achieve a one-way peg to the US Dollar, as it was worth less than $1. While it quickly rose back to $1, it has shown us that Tether is not a truly stable coin and could easily become manipulated by Bitfinex exchange.

They do could do whatever they want with it such as increasing or reducing its supply, having a huge impact on its price within the market. While centralized exchanges largely contribute to the manipulation in prices within the crypto market, they're not the only ones doing this. There are also whales looking to buy coins at a cheap rate to sell them at a higher price. They've been manipulating prices as well, by doing this, making many investors disappointed with current prices.

Despite this, I think that sometime in the future, people will realize how dominated the market has been by centralized exchanges and whales, which will lead them to make the shift towards decentralized exchanges. As crypto was designed to be free from middleman, this is the way to go, but it will depend on how people would adopt decentralized exchanges in the real world. Cheesy

BTalarmus

Activity: 443
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 04:30:19 PM

I think that, as in ordinary life, cryptocurrency market is controlled by large whales: trust funds, multimillionaires and corporations. Different types of analysis of stock markets are not yet very suitable for cryptocurrency due to their susceptibility to manipulation.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2018, 04:44:24 PM

everyone is in play for the market
I mean of course you have the big player like banks and etc, but imagine if only banks play the market and people like you and me don't

Hence, everyone is in the responsible for the market movement
MAXE

Activity: 434
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 09:57:53 PM

I really doubt that there is one single person who would control everything, in my opinion it should be some kind of group or organization.
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:08:34 PM

There are so many factors that determine the prices of tokens and each token has its own special case. Every token has a team and a community behind those tokens and some of the community members use different means to manipulate the price so that other token holders can dump for them to buy them cheap and hold. There are also instances that the entire market looks so bad and it affects all and every other token in the market.

Checkoi

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:23:09 PM

It seems to me that there is some group of people who control the market and completely manipulate it. of course they have huge means at their disposal

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 10:27:34 PM

Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

I beleive no one can control or manipulate the market behavior no matter how rich or big a person is. Thoughts are 'whale investors' but in my opinion, it only influences the market but not totally controlling it. Cryptoindustry is just something which cannot be controlled especially when it comes on the market itself. Volatility is in nature amd people should be able to deal with it.
kauban2018

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 12:00:41 PM

Remember, this whole thing about crypto is largely decentralized, thus, there is no single authoritative body in control of the crypto market. Although there are few centralized platforms among crypto, the market is largely influenced by the efforts and influence of the users of crypto. How well sellers and buyers treat the coins on the market affect the performance of the market.

The ones in charge of cryptocurrency are the people who are in benefit in this technology. the more users, the more the crypto will be blooming and functional. otherwise it will wither and die. traders are usually one of the main manopulators of the market since they arenthe middleman of it. they sell and trade to keep the stocks flowing as long as people needed it.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 12:15:36 PM

I think that everyone have a role in this market, because we are all people who are interested in cryptocurrency and holding some coins. How much you have, houw bigger your impact on the market.

Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:02:25 PM

Holders of a huge number of coins can control the market, they can both sharply sell everything and buy a huge amount and the behavior of the market depends on it.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
OTC

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:24:52 PM

Well, I can say everyone has a role to play in controlling the market. I think the large whales, multimillionaires and those who have a great share in cryptocurrency controls the market.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:28:32 PM

You cannot really control the whole crypto market but what you can indeed do is a little price manipulation. In concept it is really easy to pull off, you would only need enough monetary resources in some crypto to wipe out all of the buy orders in bigger exchanges and voila, the price of one currency just bleeds bright red.

novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:34:41 PM

The crypto market is controlled by some big whales, but this is my personal opinion only. With current market capitalisation whales maniputes of the BTC price with just 10-15k of BTC, which is not so much.

Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:50:10 PM

Every holders of a huge coins can control the market they can chance the momentum of price towards the demands of every traders and holders. It often time it became a panic of selling which most of the holders dump altogether there coins because of thr collaboration of highest coin in a marketcap decreases.
wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:52:26 PM

Who controls the market? Big money.
But there are also something like 'dumb money' which also have got a power because a mass of people making decisions based on emotions have a mapping on the chart of price given asset.
ka4ok1331

Activity: 546

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:59:54 PM

I think that these days whales controls the market. And I can't say that the market is safe now, just because of them

crazy1204

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:12:27 PM

Whales run the market right now.Whales are of course in every market.Anyway, there is no explanation for that.They always win on the market.I wish I was a whale in the market.Then I could always win.But I have no opportunity.

turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 09:15:07 PM

No-one doesn't know this but all of us know that there is someone who is interest in this market and determine prices of coins. Probably this power is not one person but all of us know that they haven't earned money for a long time and time is came.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: