Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:28:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: first term "HODL"  (Read 1058 times)
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:30:27 AM

Why not ...in dumping market how can I sell my Bitcoin, ethereum because when market was high rank then I bought bitcoin and ethereum but bearish market,how can I sell bitcoin. So only hold ...hold ...& Hold.

MORONITY is strong in this community,

Transactional trades in all human history have said "Cut your losses"

But in BITCOIN people are told to "HOLD THEIR LOSSES, ... all the way to zero"

INSANE is the btc community.

Well it actually depends if your strategy is to invest then people will tell you to hold, why? BTC  community knows that price swings are really insane in crypto currency, but they do know that in the long run it goes up. Now if you are a day trader then cut your losses by all means.

I remember an a video in you tube where Warren Buffet is being interviewed. I cant remember the exact numbers but I remember that Mr. Buffet has -60% on his stocks if you are wondering what is the stock it was Coca Cola now that stock is worth Millions.  Why did he not cut his loss well because he just stick to his strategy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 02:14:51 AM

this is interesting, because everyone will often make this decision. traders, investors, or speculators.

the term "HODL" appeared in 2013, and came from a GameKyubi post in this forum. with the big theme "I AM HODLING"

he posted the theme because bitcoin dropped to $ 600 from $1300.

and today, investors prefer hodl. but, what is the decision for traders today? or many investors are turning into traders?
Actually holders and traders two different people,I think traders makes profit everyday but holders need to waiting drop price depends how much it will pump. Remember it this time huge failed Bitcoin price and crypto market goes to down everyday.so now if you choice like hold then you can to do. Because shortly holding will give you more profitable.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 07:08:47 AM

this is interesting, because everyone will often make this decision. traders, investors, or speculators.

the term "HODL" appeared in 2013, and came from a GameKyubi post in this forum. with the big theme "I AM HODLING"

and today, investors prefer hodl. but, what is the decision for traders today? or many investors are turning into traders?

Bitcoin will only rise when bought by investors.
If it bought by traders, it will go dump when the traders got the profit.
So the only thing that can make bitcoin rise again is gaining new investors Cheesy
I agree. Traders won't help to pump up the price but make it stable because every profit they get, they can sell and buy when suddenly drops. New investors who believes on bitcoin to rise up can help to pump the price because they will choose to hodl more to gain good profit. Hopefully, there comes investors that will help to change the market positively.

Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 07:17:52 AM

HODL in 2013 may be appropriate for the past few years market has gone good but compared to the current market I doubt HODL is still best for an investors because to what I am seeing that most of the people are trading bitcoin and exchanges are the one who had benefited the most and also the miners of cryptocurrency.
hodlbitcoin2020

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:09:38 AM

Instead of holding i prefer trading on equal intervals is better we can make some quick profits
newbie-hero

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:36:19 PM

There is no general consensus or agreement as to which is the right path to take while investing/trading,it all has to do with which is convenient for you and likely to yield you profits after you must have studied the marketcap and make your own speculations/predictions

There are investors with a life long investment and wouldn't even sell if the price hits 50kUSD, there are also some who are waiting for a minor pump to sell off, decisions vary so does investments(capital)

Traders aren't much of hodlers and they are in for the short term profits, while investors trade long term (mostly invest with larger capital than the normal trader)and maximize larger profits

That's right. Many people just hold onto their assets or coins since it's the best way to save your investment from being hit by a definite loss. It's like you're just waiting for the perfect time on when to cash out depending on the status of the coin in the market. The usual is that most people, especially these days, try to patiently hold so that they won't experience a loss if they sell for a lower value from the price point they bought their assets for. Since the market is always shifting in trends and is changing prices, mostly decreasing, it gives an investor the bird's eye view to see the market as a who while waiting to see if selling would be a good move or not depending on the status of the coins and them market.

I know that the largest investors often become hodlers, not simply holders. It means that they are ready not to sell the cryptocurrencies for at least 2 or even three years. They HODL.
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:44:17 PM

Holding is the best way to reduce the chances of losing money , thats why it is usual nowadays because people prefer jolding than selling or buying. If you are hesitating between the two then holding is the best option you can take.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:25:23 PM

wow are he still HODL his bitcoin? if yes i think he is the real Hodlers people in this forum, that makes the HODL popularity.

btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:38:48 PM

The term HODL is very important nowadays that bitcoins price have deeply fallin..But the decision on what to prefer today are for the investors if they would cut their loss or have some more patience and wait for the market to recover.Others also take advantage on the price drops.Investors can decide whatever they want because at the end of the road they are the most responsible in their actions and decisions outcome.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:55:20 PM

what I know is that HODL is holding back for the right time so that it is profitable, but sometimes it can lose because of holding back the time and the wrong time
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:18:00 PM

There is no general consensus or agreement as to which is the right path to take while investing/trading,it all has to do with which is convenient for you and likely to yield you profits after you must have studied the marketcap and make your own speculations/predictions

There are investors with a life long investment and wouldn't even sell if the price hits 50kUSD, there are also some who are waiting for a minor pump to sell off, decisions vary so does investments(capital)

Traders aren't much of hodlers and they are in for the short term profits, while investors trade long term (mostly invest with larger capital than the normal trader)and maximize larger profits

That's right. Many people just hold onto their assets or coins since it's the best way to save your investment from being hit by a definite loss. It's like you're just waiting for the perfect time on when to cash out depending on the status of the coin in the market. The usual is that most people, especially these days, try to patiently hold so that they won't experience a loss if they sell for a lower value from the price point they bought their assets for. Since the market is always shifting in trends and is changing prices, mostly decreasing, it gives an investor the bird's eye view to see the market as a who while waiting to see if selling would be a good move or not depending on the status of the coins and them market.

I know that the largest investors often become hodlers, not simply holders. It means that they are ready not to sell the cryptocurrencies for at least 2 or even three years. They HODL.
because in that period of time to get a large profit is easy, because crypto every year increases to experience a high price increase is very easy because the more people use it, the faster crypto will experience an increase and the price will also be expensive too make investors use restraining methods

deppil90

Activity: 434
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:04:07 PM

I think, the reason that makes sense is, many investors prefer to invest their money into the ICO program because they can provide instant benefits
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:21:56 PM

HODL is a very very risky strategy for altcoins. If you want to HODL just buy BTC. even the biggest altcoins like ETH, EOS, ADA, XRP etc... is not for long-term investment (3-5 years starting today). I don't say that they are not profitable. I am  just saying that this strategy is risky
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:34:47 PM

They aren't told. They are recommended to hold. Why? Firstly, because it's not going to zero, not now, not ever. Even if some governments ban it, it will still be embraced by others who want to show that government the finger.
Secondly, because it's not inflationary like fiat currencies. Its supply is limited, and it will still be there when weak fiat currencies are long gone. Read about the life expectancy of an average fiat currency. You'll be amazed how quickly they lose value and get replaced by new ones.
Why should we sell? I got my coins for cheap and although they've been through ups and downs their value is still higher than it was a year ago.

tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:43:14 PM

They aren't told. They are recommended to hold. Why? Firstly, because it's not going to zero, not now, not ever. Even if some governments ban it, it will still be embraced by others who want to show that government the finger.
Secondly, because it's not inflationary like fiat currencies. Its supply is limited, and it will still be there when weak fiat currencies are long gone. Read about the life expectancy of an average fiat currency. You'll be amazed how quickly they lose value and get replaced by new ones.
Why should we sell? I got my coins for cheap and although they've been through ups and downs their value is still higher than it was a year ago.

What you wrote here is like small concept of financial literacy which includes cryptocurrency trading. Holding lifetime is not way to trade colatile assets like bitcoin,penny stocks and other volatile financial assets. There different type of profitable strategies that can reverse the losses to winnings. Average price is key if trader wants to take advantage of price action which makes  volatile up/down movements on market depth.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:46:04 PM

I am wondering whats the difference between Investors or traders?As far as i know that once we purchase tokens or coins in this market you automatically become an investors,and being investor its up to you where to pit your investments either trading,holding .gambling or what ever you wanted to,so then whats the matter about those two?

I am a Hodler for quite sometimes but i consider my self as an investors and sometimes also a trader
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:38:19 PM

What you wrote here is like small concept of financial literacy which includes cryptocurrency trading. Holding lifetime is not way to trade colatile assets like bitcoin,penny stocks and other volatile financial assets. There different type of profitable strategies that can reverse the losses to winnings. Average price is key if trader wants to take advantage of price action which makes  volatile up/down movements on market depth.

Not all of us are traders and not all of us look at Bitcoin as tradable asset. Some of us earned it. Some of us got it as a gift from someone. Some got it from faucets or mined it and will never trade it. Some of us don't like and don't trust exchanges. Hodling was proven to work and is a viable choice for Bitcoin owners.
dr_chen

Activity: 494

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:56:20 PM

For most of traders, Hodl term isn't used for keeping coins whatever happens and it generally means that I'm not a panic seller, I know that price is going to raise in a few months or a year, and I'm not letting you make money from my loss. This strategy is mostly accepted bitcoin investors in order to protect theirselves from manipulators. Since manipulators still try to gain easy money from real bitcoin investors, they caused to huge slide drops on bitcoin price and they harmed cryptomarkets very much and we need to a long time for recovery. Thus, they become hodlers too.  Grin Grin Grin

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:58:38 PM

If you look more deeply into this issue, the investors are the sellers, but their work is very much stretched in time. Each of them also monitors the situation in the financial market, as well as the prices of coins on local exchanges. The only difference is that the time of their purchase and sale varies greatly.

AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 11:14:58 PM

Hold was the best thing to do right now and now is the time of falling so we need to hold because now is the dumping year so that we need to be patient. As you can said just because holding from the value $600 to $1,300 so it means this is the effective to do right now because the dumping. We know in the near future after this year of dumping we sure by this coming year was the year of rising so we need to be patient and wait the rising of bitcoin value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: