Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:09:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How and when did you get into Crypto ?  (Read 752 times)
TheCountOfMonteCristo (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:07:55 PM

Good afternoon fella's (and ladies),

im curious how everybody got into Cryptocurrency! Your story might be an inspiration to others.
I will take some time and write a small description about how I got in later tonight. Smiley.

Meanwhile feel free to share,
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1264

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 01:24:06 PM

Scribbling down informations of how I go Into the cryptocurrency sphere wouldn't be contributing anything whatsoever ever to the forum,neither will it be of assistance to anyone or be any bit inspirational,this is not some reality channel..

Please come up with something helpful and something worth commenting on
As for this,its spammy and I wouldn't wanna be involved in that.  

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:01:01 PM

Scribbling down informations of how I go Into the cryptocurrency sphere wouldn't be contributing anything whatsoever ever to the forum,neither will it be of assistance to anyone or be any bit inspirational,this is not some reality channel..

Please come up with something helpful and something worth commenting on
As for this,its spammy and I wouldn't wanna be involved in that.  

I disagree whole heartly. This is the beginners & help thread, it therefore is not only helpfull but entertaining to see stories about how people got into Cryptocurrency. I still cant believe some of the stories I have read about people in third world countries getting their hands on Cryptocurrency. Thats what Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency is all about. Your comment however isnt helpfull or contributing anything. If you are going to be negative, just dont  post Smiley.

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 03:27:49 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

Alright, as promised, I wrote a small description of what got me into Crypto.

September 2017 was the first time I bought some Bitcoin through a Broker. My roommate who was always looking for new ways to make money, be it Poker, be it fixed roulette bots, introduced me to Cryptocurrency. At that time I was a financial advisor in the banking industry and I already noticed the daily struggle of the money system. Young people not being able to buy houses without the support of their parents, interest rates that were crazy low(still are) and other things that were just going plain wrong. I researched the financial crisis years ago and I still couldnt believe how they were able to keep on going while the system was this faulty. Anyway, once I read up on Cryptocurrency I was sold. Got myself some Bitcoin and since then I have been accumulating ever since.

A lot of people think well thats it, good story but for most people the story doesnt really end there.. While researching people get involved in communities such as this one or other communities and transform from a HODLer to a day trader or a Business owner or something entirely different.

What did Crypto do to you that changed your perspective on things ? And where did you end up ?

I would still like to encourage people to share and talk about their roads to wherever they are now because thats how you find hidden gems.

Knowledge through shared experience.

PS. I will ask a moderator to close this thread if there are people who genuinely think its spammy. Im here to contribute and not to spam. Just let me know through the comments.
Chiko.fun

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:46:56 PM

I happened to come to this opportunity through a friend of mine. At first, I did not trust bitcoin, because I had heard a lot of bad news about it. But what I believed was my friend, and then I began to find out, and I found it wonderful, not everyone understood. I started investing in bitcoin with a small amount of money, gradually accruing, and hoping in the future I have more money to invest in it.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 06:12:35 AM

PS. I will ask a moderator to close this thread if there are people who genuinely think its spammy. Im here to contribute and not to spam. Just let me know through the comments.

Do not hesistate to post a reply to a thread consciously even if it is negative or positive reply. As long as you are not sounding stupid and in line with the topic then you werr good to go. There should be nothing to worry about even to those high ranks because they were once a newbie here also before. I know that we could be intimidated sometimes because higher ranks are knowledgeable in this forum but it doesn't mean that newbie's are not. It is just they had gone here first in the forum and we could learn it after some time.

encester

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:45:43 AM

As for me, I happened to be Googling the search term "How to make money fast" back then about 10 years ago and Bitcoin mining was in the list. But of course, at that point, cryptocurrency being new, I was quite skeptical about it and wasn't really into it. Years down the road, I met a friend at work and he was already into mining at an early stage when crypto was introduced. Only then, I started to actually trust this whole crypto thing and read more about it.
However,  by then, the price was quite high and I patiently waited for the price to drop but unfortunately it didn't. So, pretty much that's how I got into crypto, bought fractions of it here and there.

But never really kept up with after the first hard fork last year. So, hopefully this forum might enlighten me as I get back to it.

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:40:46 AM

I happened to come to this opportunity through a friend of mine. At first, I did not trust bitcoin, because I had heard a lot of bad news about it. But what I believed was my friend, and then I began to find out, and I found it wonderful, not everyone understood. I started investing in bitcoin with a small amount of money, gradually accruing, and hoping in the future I have more money to invest in it.

Cool story! Did you hear that it was a scam or that it was used for bad business ? Also what is your goal right now ? Retirement funds, extra money or just investing and see where it goes ?

Do not hesistate to post a reply to a thread consciously even if it is negative or positive reply. As long as you are not sounding stupid and in line with the topic then you werr good to go. There should be nothing to worry about even to those high ranks because they were once a newbie here also before. I know that we could be intimidated sometimes because higher ranks are knowledgeable in this forum but it doesn't mean that newbie's are not. It is just they had gone here first in the forum and we could learn it after some time.
Thanks for this, I was definetly put off by his reaction on my thread. I opened it with the best intentions. And yeah its always like that if your starting out on a forum. I wont hold back in any case.

As for me, I happened to be Googling the search term "How to make money fast" back then about 10 years ago and Bitcoin mining was in the list. But of course, at that point, cryptocurrency being new, I was quite skeptical about it and wasn't really into it. Years down the road, I met a friend at work and he was already into mining at an early stage when crypto was introduced. Only then, I started to actually trust this whole crypto thing and read more about it.
However,  by then, the price was quite high and I patiently waited for the price to drop but unfortunately it didn't. So, pretty much that's how I got into crypto, bought fractions of it here and there.

But never really kept up with after the first hard fork last year. So, hopefully this forum might enlighten me as I get back to it.
Damn thats nice, so you actually started out mining instead of investing ? When you want it to drop it never does and vice versa haha. So what are you looking for now then ? To get back in the mining game or are you more looking to invest, trade and hodl for a bit ?
alexgeller22
Copper Member

Activity: 331

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:24:17 PM

I got into this area, at first by mistake when I did not know how to invest, in the end I was shaved like a hamster Grin, then I made more conscious investments, as a result, I had experience for a year, and I understand a lot now.

☆✩✩✩✩ SINOVATE ☆✩✩✩✩
X25X Algo | INFINITY NODES | IDS | RSV | Anonymity |
════☛ sinovate.io ☚════
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 4187

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 01:21:02 PM

Well no need rewriting as I have already done that before. Here is my story
How I heard about bitcoin started early 2015 when I was searching for means in which I will use to earn some money to help support my schooling because I'm an undergraduate. So I was introdue into an online business by a friend called MMM (As of then I never knew it was ponzi) the way it was presented (mouth watery bonuses) made me to engage in it fully and started marketing it. I became successful at it made some cool cash too.

When it became famous in my country I decided to explore all its benefits then I saw an advert of BItcoin I picked interest because it was offering 50% ROI monthly while my local currency was 30%ROI. So then.my journey began in the Cryptocurrency world.  I became fully a Cryptopreneur January 2016 after my wanna be cryptocoin called TBC (thebillioncoin) failed me. I have made some few mistakes afterwards but I can proudly say, me picking interest in Bitcoin (cryptocurrency) from a Ponzi biz,  is one of the most smartest move I have ever made in my life.

How did you hear about bitcoin?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:10:42 PM

I got into this area, at first by mistake when I did not know how to invest, in the end I was shaved like a hamster Grin, then I made more conscious investments, as a result, I had experience for a year, and I understand a lot now.
How did you end up here by mistake lol ? (real question) Did you just want to gain money through investing ? And are you active on other forum aswell or maybe in some telegram channel?

Well no need rewriting as I have already done that before. Here is my story
How I heard about bitcoin started early 2015 when I was searching for means in which I will use to earn some money to help support my schooling because I'm an undergraduate. So I was introdue into an online business by a friend called MMM (As of then I never knew it was ponzi) the way it was presented (mouth watery bonuses) made me to engage in it fully and started marketing it. I became successful at it made some cool cash too.

When it became famous in my country I decided to explore all its benefits then I saw an advert of BItcoin I picked interest because it was offering 50% ROI monthly while my local currency was 30%ROI. So then.my journey began in the Cryptocurrency world.  I became fully a Cryptopreneur January 2016 after my wanna be cryptocoin called TBC (thebillioncoin) failed me. I have made some few mistakes afterwards but I can proudly say, me picking interest in Bitcoin (cryptocurrency) from a Ponzi biz,  is one of the most smartest move I have ever made in my life.

How did you hear about bitcoin?
Thanks for sharing! This is actually a crazy story. Well Ponzi's work for the early investors, cool that you made some cash, sad for the people that lost it but I wont judge :p. Further to that, can you eloborate on why your coin failed ? What was it about ? Was it also a ponzi ? (dont want to be offending just asking). If you dont want to get into it, just say the word but im genuinely curious. I just recently became a Cryptopreneur and maybe I can learn from your mistakes! (I didnt build an ICO though but made an cryptocurrency directory).
Xiahouyuan

Activity: 151

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:42:44 AM

My first contact with cryptocurrency was last year, when I saw a blackmail news about Bitcoin. I was very curious at that time, why would anyone want to use Bitcoin as a bargaining chip, and since then I have been paying attention to Bitcoin!

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
encester

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:10:04 PM

However,  by then, the price was quite high and I patiently waited for the price to drop but unfortunately it didn't. So, pretty much that's how I got into crypto, bought fractions of it here and there.

Damn thats nice, so you actually started out mining instead of investing ? When you want it to drop it never does and vice versa haha. So what are you looking for now then ? To get back in the mining game or are you more looking to invest, trade and hodl for a bit ?

No, I didn't get into mining. My friend did. Knowing a friend doing mining and earning on a daily basis was what got me to trust this whole crypto indutry. I'm more into hodl and slight investing. But since the fork, I have not much idea how things have changed in the blockchain. At one point, Bitcoin was skyroccketting and then Ethereum came into the picture and then it all started to get confusing for me. So, I kinda stopped looking into crypto. But now, it looks like crypto is going to be a thing in the future somehow. There's Bitcoin ATMs around. So, I better get myself back on track with crypto news.

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:45:19 PM

My first contact with cryptocurrency was last year, when I saw a blackmail news about Bitcoin. I was very curious at that time, why would anyone want to use Bitcoin as a bargaining chip, and since then I have been paying attention to Bitcoin!
Its actually interesting to see how many people get in this space by some sort of spam email about it. How are things going for you ? You holding Bitcoin currently ?

No, I didn't get into mining. My friend did. Knowing a friend doing mining and earning on a daily basis was what got me to trust this whole crypto indutry. I'm more into hodl and slight investing. But since the fork, I have not much idea how things have changed in the blockchain. At one point, Bitcoin was skyroccketting and then Ethereum came into the picture and then it all started to get confusing for me. So, I kinda stopped looking into crypto. But now, it looks like crypto is going to be a thing in the future somehow. There's Bitcoin ATMs around. So, I better get myself back on track with crypto news.
Cool, is your friend still mining and earning ? Yeah im more of a HODLer myself aswell, also dont really have the time to trade so yeah. Definetly man with Bakkt coming in december this is the best time to get back in. You got a game plan or just reading up on it for now ?
MayanPR

Activity: 58

Works @BloqWire PR & Media Networking

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 03:16:44 PM

Four years ago. It was easier to send bitcoin to a friend in china and fees were much less compared to paypal and other options.

~
Just not there yet!
~
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 08:02:25 PM

I remember that I wrote several times how I did get in crypto world. I don't want to repeat, but I can't find these old posts. This is only thing I found:
I'm not sure when exactly I heard about Bitcoin for the first time, maybe in 2014. I joined Bitcoin world in 2015. I was looking for methods to earn some money online. I used PTC websites, but it was basically waste of time. Then I saw many advertisements of Freebitco.in. Then I thought that Bitcoin is something like rocket science and it's not beginner friendly thing. But I tried to register on Freebitco.in, created wallets on Coinbase and Blockchain.info. This is how my journey started.
Basically, I was looking to ways how to make some extra cash online. And I found that I can earn money through Bitcoin. But it's not only thing. I was amazed by idea of Bitcoin - decentralized currency not controlled by banks and governments. I really wanted to get some independence from banks, because I hate banking system. I wanted to have full control of my money and get some privacy.

HopeCoin Support

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 09:48:22 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

im curious how everybody got into Cryptocurrency! Your story might be an inspiration to others.
I will take some time and write a small description about how I got in later tonight. Smiley.

Good question. I got into Crypto by looking for a way to donate to charities around the world. It's still tough to do, but there are lists of crypto accepting charities online, and the infrastructure around it is growing every day.
shaunonsite

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:35:25 AM

I was introduced to crypto by a former business partner last year. He showed me how it could benefit me and I saw the benefits when Bitcoin was on the rise!

Was able to pay off bills thanks to Bitcoin and other alt cryptos.
MindanaONE

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:58:05 AM

From my friends searching for an online job then suddenly we have a neighbor who is already earning bitcoin thru paid-to-click ads and then I was very curious until I got myself here.
Louis Jackson

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:10:24 AM

My best friend told me about this interesting investment. at first, i didn't believe in crypto and then i searched more about crypto and found that this is a profitable investment. You know what, my advice is that whenever you invest in anything, juts believe in your investment, don't let others affect to your opinion
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: